PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-11-2003, 12:43 PM #1
amcfall

War Machine

Just spent a good 40 minutes talking to Chris @ War Machine. I must say that I'm very impressed with these guys. They really seem to care about customer satisfaction, even on guns they didn't make. The fact that they'll fix Novas for cost of parts is very refreshing - they're not charging labor on guns that haven't been made in years.

Chris also said that he has some aluminum barrels that can be put on a Nova (need to use a shortie shroud, IIRC). The best part is that is was only about $30.

Most interesting was the Assault Lite. It's a slightly stripped down Assault 80 that's going to be somewhere aroung $289. A low pressure spool marker for the price of a BKO? Sweet!

Well, I'd better get back to work - enough fun for the day :-)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2003, 05:23 PM #2
youngster

youngster is a founding member
youngster owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
youngster is an NCPA player
youngster has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i agree, they are doing a good job . i got my nova back today, looks a whole lot better than what it did before, im anxious to gas it up..

but overall from what everyone has been sayin wm is doing one hell of a job.
kudos to wm.

Route Clearance

Last edited by youngster : 09-18-2003 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:30 PM #3
Stray Bullet

The Assault Lite will have a plastic grip instead of a metal one. It will not come with a LPR just like the Matrix comes stock, Nova rip off for $750. The main regulator will also be different than the A-80 but I'm not sure about the specifics. Good thing is it will have the Two Stage bolt as a stock component. Additionally the Lite is completely upgradeable to a full Assault 80 with bolt on components. I like this company as well and they have been doing this for a long time and are still hyped about it. I'm thinking about signing up as a dealer, getting a Lite when they are avaliable. Taking it into the local shop and putting it on the "used" wall and only asking what I paid. It might tip the owner into signing up as a dealer. It depends on what the limitations for being a dealer are. Guess I should call WMP and ask.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:23 PM #4
Iceman

has been a member for 10 years
whats war machines number i wonder if mike woods has any left of darkstar conversions.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:34 AM #5
Stray Bullet

War Machine didn't do the Darkstar conversions. I already asked. I've got a Nova that I would love to convert over. Because I have the Assault 80 I'm going to give my Nova to a friend of mine but would love to "pump it up" before I hand it over.
Old 09-13-2003, 10:19 PM #6
Iceman

well i figured since Woods did the section 8 thing which did the darkstar thing so woods = darkstar. I was wondering since it went under awfully quick that they still might have a bunch of stock piled parts lying around somewhere.
Old 09-14-2003, 08:47 AM #7
Stray Bullet

I wonder if anybody out there that has one would mind telling us what the mods are. I have a micro lathe and could possibly make the parts
Old 09-14-2003, 10:20 AM #8
amcfall

Did you ask Chris? I thought he said that he had a Darkstar of his own...
Old 09-23-2003, 12:53 PM #9
AznDrgn

Here's what I remember it was supposed to have, I can go and dig up a list if you guys are really hardcore about it. Darkstar is basically a SN ET except you have a internal reg with an RVA, 45 grip frame, angel threaded feed neck, and a 12" aluminum barrel. There is also a chip in the grip frame that is supposed to learn your trigger pull too. That's all I remember off the top of my head but like I said if you all really want to get into it I can go dig up the list. I also have 2 darkstars so if you want measurements or pictures of any of it I can do that as well. Goodluck

Iceman Section 8 went down so quickly supposedly because woods couldn't keep up with the demand for the conversions and those that did get done were being done half a$$ so there really weren't any extra conversions lying around.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:29 PM #10
Iceman

that would make sence since some people were getting their conversions back long after section 8 went under.

this is off the wm thing but why does the gas run through the back of a SN and not a regular nova, i know that its because of the end cap but how does it get past the back part of the reg
Old 09-23-2003, 07:47 PM #11
AznDrgn

Iceman that's a good question, I don't really understand how the air moves in a nova so I really can't answer that. I really wish someone who does understand it could make one of those moving diagrams that show air movement during a shot cycle so I could get a better grasp on what is going on. If you don't know what I'm talking about it's like the cocker ones where you see the trigger pull, it fires, the bolt recocks and you can see exactly how air moves in a cocker.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:45 PM #12
Iceman

actually i just signed back on to ask that same question,

which brings me to a different question couldn't you run a nova off just a solenoid with a pilot valve since i think that has something to do with how a nova fires.

So you could in turn get rid of that huge block thing and put on a regular trigger frame. But then what would you do with those holes in the block where air seem to route through the trigger internals. Ususally i can figure how something works by taking it apart but this nova is something else.