Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Which do you like best?
Conversion Kit 5 31.25%
M Series 5 31.25%
MK3 CQB Pro 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2013, 03:51 PM #1
Avint

Going Magfed/Milsim One Marker Option

Looking at two possible marker upgrades to get into Magfed, here is a little backstory on why and other gear:

Currently I shoot a X7 Phenom Electro. I also have a Dye DM13 with a Spire 260 and Rotor as hopper options. So I feel that many normal games (IE sat/sun out with the guys) if I want to carry just hopper paint, or have that snap shooting option I can just used my Dye and for big games or themes run the other marker. Now the X7 just feels like a "less reliable" marker then my DM, so I want to move my milsim style to magfed so its a unique option and I can open my games to Mag Fed only or milsim limits with one marker. I was either looking to get the Tacamo MKP-II DMag Magazine Fed Conversion Kit - Phenom. I like the mags but have not heard the best things about this upgrade. From my Research it seems bolt upgrades are needed and internals being tweeked. So the other options are M SERIES ELITE, or the MK3 CQB Pro. The Pro has a great deal on for $468.10 (Canadian), comes with:
MK3 CQB Pro (now with bonus elite shroud)
4 extra 20 round magazines
MATS Stock
13ci Ninja aluminium HPA tank

Now the other option is $599.00 for the Elite. Now I would sell the X7 for about $400-$500 if I were to not get the conversion, so in the end the price is all similar. I am leaning towards the Milisg for the mags being 20 round no swap needed and faz mag holder for my vest too. I toyed with the idea of a Dam or Paradigm Pro, but they are just out of my price range. So I am turning to the forums for a opinion poll. Also in the comments if you can add which you like more from Milsig or a reason to try the conversion kit too please. I will try and respond to any other questions posted in the thread for more info. Thanks for the help guys!

Tyler.
Avint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2013, 05:11 PM #2
Nahib_Stilgar

has been a member for 10 years
I just got the milsig cqb pro set up you quoted.

my question back to you is do you want the option to use first strike?

if yes then go with the M elite or MPK II, if not then the cqb pro.

Dmags are cheap! but only shoot 10 shots before reload (flip) if you can deal with that then they are a good option.

last question. Historically, what is usually the better option? an purpose built item or somthing converted from something else to work?

Personal opinion. Sell the Phenom, buy the CQB pro and keep the DM for when you need heavy fire.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:55 PM #3
Robotech

Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Personally, having the option to use First Strikes is one of the biggest selling points to mag fed. I would definately get something that would let you use them. But again, that's me personally.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:19 PM #4
Avint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahib_Stilgar View Post
I just got the milsig cqb pro set up you quoted.

my question back to you is do you want the option to use first strike?

last question. Historically, what is usually the better option? an purpose built item or somthing converted from something else to work?

Personal opinion. Sell the Phenom, buy the CQB pro and keep the DM for when you need heavy fire.
The FS is nice but not a must.

Normally the Built in item as the ground up its built for it. I am leaning towards those two setups from Milsig depending on when the X7 sells and if the deal is still there for the bundle.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:22 PM #5
Nahib_Stilgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Personally, having the option to use First Strikes is one of the biggest selling points to mag fed. I would definately get something that would let you use them. But again, that's me personally.
Yup, FS is a nice option. But knowing myself and my playstyle, I just would never use them and therefore don't feel the need to cough up an extra couple hundred dollars for a feature that is of no use to me.

Thats why I asked the OP if he intended to use them or not. If he doesn't use FS then he can save a few bucks. but if he does want to use FS then it eliminates one of his options, making his decision between two markers instead of three.

OP, The bundle will still be there...but not always at that price. The good news is that price will probably come back the next shopping holiday...
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:25 PM #6
Wheeldogg
Sam

Wheeldogg owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wheeldogg owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Wheeldogg has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
you are going to find it hard to sell an X7 for 400-500 anywhere

Recball Videos (add yours today!)
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3927913
Wheeldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:12 PM #7
sambob117
aka Salmon

sambob117 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
sambob117 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
sambob117 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeldogg View Post
you are going to find it hard to sell an X7 for 400-500 anywhere
^ sadly very true, more like half that.

That aside, the Elite and MK3 are great choices, both have the heat core but Elite has the square head FS mags. Me I'd go with the MK3 since I haven't found a reason to spend the money on fs rounds.

The MKP2 kit is much better than the gen 1 mkp, you shouldn't need a bolt upgrade unless you're planning to shoot first strikes. Hit up x7og.net for a lot of experience with the kit.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:36 PM #8
Avint

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambob117 View Post
^ sadly very true, more like half that.

That aside, the Elite and MK3 are great choices, both have the heat core but Elite has the square head FS mags. Me I'd go with the MK3 since I haven't found a reason to spend the money on fs rounds.

The MKP2 kit is much better than the gen 1 mkp, you shouldn't need a bolt upgrade unless you're planning to shoot first strikes. Hit up x7og.net for a lot of experience with the kit.
Thanks did not know about that site, will look through and get more info.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:38 PM #9
vijil

X7 kit also let's you have anti chop with a lok bolt kit, which in my book is pretty important.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:25 PM #10
Avint

So overall I am feeling the X7 kit upgrade. Thanks alot for everyone's feedback, this helped alot as I was able to get more information.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:12 PM #11
YYZballer

It's all about the mags for me, square head mags are the better mags on the market currently IMHO. But any of those options will work just fine as well..
YYZballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:53 PM #12
Rodinski

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZballer View Post
It's all about the mags for me, square head mags are the better mags on the market currently IMHO. But any of those options will work just fine as well..
Nothing beats the durability and reliability of the TGR mags. Absolute best mags on the market right now.
Rodinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:34 PM #13
Savage Mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodinski View Post
Nothing beats the durability and reliability of the TGR mags. Absolute best mags on the market right now.
Whats your opion on the TGR mags for how they feel when reloading? I have heard some people say they need a little tap or push to get to engage all the way. This wouldn't be the end of the world for me as slapping the bottom of a mag while reloading an M-16/4 is second nature for me but the Milsigs square heads just seem so much easier to lock into place. Also if you dont mind please post up what type of chrono results you are getting from the TGR. I am trying to decide between the para pro or TGR 1 (or 2) and they both have features that like but in the end id rather have a which ever is producing more consistent shots.
Savage Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:48 PM #14
Aluc1d

Aluc1d owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
X7 conversion all the way

Started playing with a Tippmann 98.... then I met PE
Aluc1d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:01 PM #15
YYZballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodinski View Post
I've used both, my preference is the square head, though the tgr mags are easier to load the square head feel a lot more durable and are really easy to disassemble and clean.

That being said tgr mags are excellent, and were the main reason I purchased the TGR.
YYZballer is offline   Reply With Quote