Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Who is tired of the religous right?
yes I'm tired of there "movement" 56 64.37%
no they should stay. 20 22.99%
don't care 11 12.64%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 12:22 PM #1
southernkid7892

has been a member for 10 years
Who is tired of the religous right?

Well who is? I definatly am.
that doesn't make sense you ****ing inbred, you're either smoking hot or you are not smoking hot.
that's like saying your pet is kind-of a dog.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-04-2006, 12:27 PM #2
Ghostfire

HAHA I think a few of the people involved with the " movement " shut down your last thread. I voted teh same.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:30 PM #3
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
As I have said all along...

Religion is the opiate of the masses, therefor religion = control, control = bad so we can conclude religion = bad.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Old 12-04-2006, 12:32 PM #4
southernkid7892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfire View Post
HAHA I think a few of the people involved with the " movement " shut down your last thread. I voted teh same.
No I took it down. With all the drugs going though my system right now (medical drugs, narcotics to be exact) I couldn't remeber how to spell in the title or how to edit it. So to avoid war of spelling flaming I took it down.
that doesn't make sense you ****ing inbred, you're either smoking hot or you are not smoking hot.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:32 PM #5
southernkid7892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
As I have said all along...

Religion is the opiate of the masses, therefor religion = control, control = bad so we can conclude religion = bad.
Correction religon taken out of the context of sprituality = bad.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:34 PM #6
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernkid7892 View Post
Correction religon taken out of the context of sprituality = bad.
I guess we disagree there man. I think that all forms of religion have become a bad influence on humanity.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:36 PM #7
ipoppedtimmy
Tony

Quote:
I guess we disagree there man. I think that all forms of religion have become a bad influence on humanity.
Why?

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package
Old 12-04-2006, 12:36 PM #8
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Why? They have as much right as the extreme liberal left.

No pun intended

Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit
Old 12-04-2006, 12:37 PM #9
southernkid7892

Because people in the high places of reliogous groups use the threat of "going to hell" as a control technique.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:41 PM #10
ipoppedtimmy
Tony

Quote:
Because people in the high places of reliogous groups use the threat of "going to hell" as a control technique.
And the people who believe them are every bit as capable of reasoning and thought as you are. They're not retards being coaxed by candy, they're pursuing something they believe in. How is that wrong exactly?

Old 12-04-2006, 12:41 PM #11
southernkid7892

Quote:
Well if religon and the rest of life could stay seperate then it would be okay. But it can't. The religous right is more greedy than anyone would like to admitt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipoppedtimmy View Post
Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
Why? They have as much right as the extreme liberal left.
No pun intended
But people on the far left like me actutaly bring progress to the world and make it a better place.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:41 PM #12
Overbear

Quote:
Why?
Take a look around the world. What do you see, I see a world ruled by fear and intimidation in the name of 'god'. I see "holy wars" and murder carried out in the name of 'god'.

Think about this, if religion no longer had part in the world, sure there would still be war but it would be for reasons that are far more tangeable such as land or power, not "for god"

Old 12-04-2006, 12:42 PM #13
ipoppedtimmy
Tony

Quote:
But people on the far left like me actutaly bring progress to the world and make it a better place.
I disagree. Brilliant thinkers are on both ends of our percieved political spectrum.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:43 PM #14
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
But people on the far left like me actually bring progress to the world and make it a better place.
In who's opinion?
on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance.
--Murray Rothbard
Old 12-04-2006, 12:43 PM #15
southernkid7892

Quote:
They're not retards being coaxed by candy,
They kind of are. They have been told since they were born that to go against the bible means to be damned to eternal suffering.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:44 PM #16
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
Take a look around the world. What do you see, I see a world ruled by fear and intimidation in the name of 'god'. I see "holy wars" and murder carried out in the name of 'god'.

Think about this, if religion no longer had part in the world, sure there would still be war but it would be for reasons that are far more tangeable such as land or power, not "for god"
Wars are not fought for God, God is used to fight wars.
--Murray Rothbard
Old 12-04-2006, 12:45 PM #17
southernkid7892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
In who's opinion?
People who can actualy think with reasoning. If your a "conserv"ative then you would never change untill absolutly nessicary. If your a Liberal/ progressive then you would stay ahead by adapting to the future.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:46 PM #18
southernkid7892

Quote:

I second this.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:48 PM #19
Adema3412
Give me fiction

Quote:
People who can actualy think with reasoning. If you're a conservative then you would never change untill absolutly nessicary. If you're a Liberal/ progressive then you would stay ahead by adapting to the future.
So extreme animal rights activists are helping the world or anarchists or some other liberal extreme, all these people are helping the world? All these people are thinking rationally?
--Murray Rothbard
Old 12-04-2006, 12:48 PM #20
ipoppedtimmy
Tony

Quote:

Really? I see individuals reaching out to those in need in the name of 'god'. I see individuals leading lifestyles that benefit all of humanity in the name of 'god'.

You're wrong to think wars take place because of 'god'. Religion takes the place in areas where nationalism isn't feasable. You don't see individuals rushing to antarctica because of 'god', because there's no political/economic incentive to do so. Groups justify going to war for 'god' for the same reasons that we go to war as a national entity.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:53 PM #21
southernkid7892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adema3412 View Post
So extreme animal rights activists are helping the world or anarchists or some other liberal extreme, all these people are helping the world? All these people are thinking rationally?
Anachists are far south on the spectrum not far left. and yes reduceing the goverment is a good idea but you have to help people too. Animal activists are helping bring new ideas to help preserve the organisms that were here first.
Im going to bed these narcotics are making me sleepy damn doctors I told them I didn't need it. Ill eventualy get around to answering your posts.
Closed Thread