Old 01-23-2006, 09:46 PM #22
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

bigfootguy2002 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bigfootguy2002 plays in the PSP
bigfootguy2002 plays in the MiLP
bigfootguy2002 plays in the APPA D5 division
Just to let you know-to do a field, and do it right including a nice compressor, field, rental equipment, pro-shop, etc, to be setup and run correctly you need to figure $100,000 and that will get you started and get you through the first year-just letting you know its not cheap, but its better to do it right the first time because generally there is only one chance.
-Will

(205) 837-4177
bigfootguy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2006, 09:55 PM #23
98hunter

Dont forget about the power bill, water bill and other bills like that
98hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:28 PM #24
~Shocker666~

help i need suggestions

ok guys im gonna purchase a big warehouse and just have it all paintball the size of it is 1125 by 1000 feet i don't know what to do with it have like seprate speedball fields and have like stageing areas on the second floor looking over the fields. thats just 1 of my ideas for this place i would really like to hear about all of your ideas because after all a paintball field isn't succesfull without the ballers
~Shocker666~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 12:13 AM #25
Investorguy
Hoffalicious

Pics?
Investorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 12:35 AM #26
Yakb0

start small...put in 1 Xball field, WAY at the back of this million square foot warehouse. You might want to get some golf carts, because most players don't want to walk 1/2 a mile from staging, to the field, and back again.

and best of all, you won't even need netting, since you couldn't shoot a paintball from one end of the building to the other, even if you tried...you also would still have plenty of room left over for the 5 acre indoor woodsball field, 40 more speedball fields, a couple of football fields, drydock storage for the QE2 (963' long, so it would fit with room to spare) etc...

Last edited by Yakb0 : 01-28-2006 at 12:47 AM. Reason: link added
Yakb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:09 PM #27
Investorguy
Hoffalicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakb0
start small...put in 1 Xball field, WAY at the back of this million square foot warehouse. You might want to get some golf carts, because most players don't want to walk 1/2 a mile from staging, to the field, and back again.

and best of all, you won't even need netting, since you couldn't shoot a paintball from one end of the building to the other, even if you tried...you also would still have plenty of room left over for the 5 acre indoor woodsball field, 40 more speedball fields, a couple of football fields, drydock storage for the QE2 (963' long, so it would fit with room to spare) etc...
Awesome post man....
Old 02-04-2006, 03:54 PM #28
paintball_kidz

I want to open a field

I am 13 years old and I want to open a field of my own up in a few years (Start an investing account) I am looking to open up a 3 man speedball field. How much do they go for?
Old 02-04-2006, 04:19 PM #29
muppetmower316

i dont think u should do that, im not sure how much $ u have or if u have a job at 13 but a set-up isnt cheap, im guessing u would get netting and all the bunkers instead of like 3 bunkers then plywood, and a compresser for the bunkers, compresser for tanks and all that, its more $ then u would get back b/c i dont know ur laws from where you are i doubt u could legaly charge ppl to play at ur field not counting legal issues, like what if someone got hert they could sue you, then you would have to have wavers for ppl to sing and if there not 18 then there parents would have to sign it, im just saying i think it would be to much work and it would never be accomplished, unless your dad or somebody is pretty much doing it for you
muppetmower316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:07 PM #30
Investorguy
Hoffalicious

You need at least $50000 to do it right.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:32 PM #31
cowboy8

Best wholesale prices?

Opening field/store in Southeast Oklahoma; looking for the best prices on #1-paint and then everything else. Already have a small business, license, etc. Any veterns of retailing have any info.
cowboy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 12:05 AM #32
mrhooie
Paintball North of 60º

mrhooie is a Supporting Member
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1346924

Good luck btw! its a rough business

eXposure Paintball Team

Splat Entertainment
mrhooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:35 AM #33
COUSINSNJ

Im real happy with PROCAPS DIRECT

New acount Inquiries at 1 866 688 8880
COUSINSNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:19 AM #34
paintballer4ever

opening a new field

does anyone kno teh restrictions or w.e i would need to do to open a field in Novi,Michigan?
paintballer4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:59 PM #35
ishboo22
GWC Council Member

Annual Supporting Member
ishboo22 is a Supporting Member
if you dont know that...you have a lot more research to do before you open a field
Old 02-06-2006, 10:33 AM #36
SlartyBartFast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmkid
I want to start my own field.
It’s nice to have a dream.
Quote:
They said they would gladly rent the store.
It’s even better to have loaded and/or gullible parents.
Quote:
It is 60,000 sq ft, which I think is pretty big. I know it is going to cost alot of money to get started.
Not just to get started. Do you have any idea what the overhead on a store that size is? It’ll be six figures just for the rent. You have to sell an awful lot of paint to make up the costs.
Quote:
We are going to need turf which I saw going for $2.50 for one square foot.
Big expense number one. Don’t make the mistake beleiving that turk is a start-up cost. Like everything else, it requires maintenance and replacement.
Quote:
We will need co2, nitro fill stations also.
Big expense number two. Same as above.
Quote:
We wont need to have a great store.
But you will need to supply some basic services to keep customers.
Quote:
We will need refs also, I know alot of kids that enjoy paintball and I can get them to ref.
Knowing some kids isn’t the same as hiring and managing employees. FOr a field to work, the employees need to be reliable and provide good customer service.
Quote:
There would be alot of people coming to play.
How do you know? Have you done market research?
Quote:
Most of the other fields in CT are very expensive. They charge $100 bucks a case. I would only charge $55 for Draxxus.
The other fields are expensive for a reason. Costs on your building alone will be huge.
Let’s say you got the store for the rediculously low price of 3$ a sq. ft. That’s 180,000$ a year or 3500 a week you need to cover rent.
40,000 sqft. of turf will set you back 100,000$. Which if it is paid for by loan (a 6%) works out to another 2,000 a month for 5 years.
So at 4000$ a week, you’re going to have to sell a lot of paint at 55$ a box. Let’s say you have a mythical case of every player paying 20$ field fees and buying a case of paint (say 20$ profit). At 40$ revenue per player, you need 100 players a week. And that’ll only cover the costs of the space and turf. No profit, no salaries, no electricity, phone, or other expenses covered.
Then there’s all the other big ticket items to buy (and amortise). Good luck, but you need to seriously sit down and build a business plan, cost all the expenses, and research whether it will really work.
SlartyBartFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:36 AM #37
SlartyBartFast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy8
Opening field/store in Southeast Oklahoma; looking for the best prices on #1-paint and then everything else. Already have a small business, license, etc. Any veterns of retailing have any info.
If you think paint is the biggest concern, you're a long way from opening a field.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:47 AM #38
GatSplat

Quote:
Originally Posted by odd1or2even
My question is what size of compressor should I think about getting when moving into a warehouse that I'll rent between 15-20 thousand sq f? Also, how many bulk tanks (2? 4? 4500 tanks? 6000?). Also what learning curve is there (do I need to take classes)? I'll be having employees filling tanks so there won't be anything that could happen from an inexperienced person.

Also, would anyone consider buying used equipment or would you stay away from that?

Without knowing number of players and fills, it's pretty hard to know how big a compressor. For example, a 68 tank is about 8 cubic feet - so if you have an 8cfm compressor, you can fill one a minute - if you have more than 60 people an hour - your compressor won't catch up. And to stop the wait period, you'll need at least a few bank bottles of the 5K pressure range.

I'd also tell you having employees fill will cost you so much in labor time - We are finalizing a 26,000 square foot building which will house 2 indoor fields in Lewisville (just north of Dallas), and our air system will have a Bauer K15 (15 cfm) and at least 4 or 5 bank bottles. And our air will run out to self service fill stations so no one has to wait - just hook up, hit the lever, disconnect and back on the field.

I've bought all my compressors used over the last 10 years, and never had any major problems. Sure, you might have a bad valve here or there, but you just get it fixed - and the cost of having one repaired is probably a lot less than the price difference for a new one.

I get all my compressor stuff from August Industries - sells rebuilt units, new bauers, etc. Plan on 5-15,000 depending on the output you're looking for.
GatSplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:38 AM #39
chris015 (Banned)

what do i need to do.

ok,me and my parents have been talking about starting a field,we have 14 acres of woods and wanted to open a woodsball field,we already checked zone retrictions etc.but we need tons of guns to put of for rent,i was thinking tippmans??whos the cheapest to buy wholesale guns from?? and also best prices on paint?,and where can we can a refill station with tank? we have only about 10k to start with,we already have a insurance covered on personal,and injuries etc.help me out.
chris015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:54 AM #40
SlartyBartFast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris015
ok,me and my parents have been talking about starting a field,we have 14 acres of woods and wanted to open a woodsball field,we already checked zone retrictions etc.but we need tons of guns to put of for rent,i was thinking tippmans??whos the cheapest to buy wholesale guns from?? and also best prices on paint?,and where can we can a refill station with tank? we have only about 10k to start with,we already have a insurance covered on personal,and injuries etc.help me out.
NPS. Money Paintball, and many others all have field start up packages.

Price them and compare.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:09 AM #41
Venoms.kiss

How much money should you have before starting a field?
Venoms.kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:17 PM #42
paintballforlife2009

Start a store when i get older?

Ok im still in high school but am thinking about my career choice..i LOVE paintball its my life and i would love running a shop. But i dont know jack about pay,how much it would be to start up etc..

so Question one..
what would be a normal pay for owning a shop in Souther Florida

Question two..
what degree do you think i should go for in college..Masters in business?

Question three..
How much would it be to start the business from scratch

Thanks
paintballforlife2009 is offline   Reply With Quote