Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John works for a Paintball manufacturer
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboomfio View Post
GUYS GUYS GUYS! Im one of the guys in the pic u guys are talking about in this thread. Just to let u know that I am not taking offense to any comments because I dont care what people think about me on or off the field. I talk on the field with my gun and im ok with that! I appreciate all the support u r giving to me and my brother(the other guy in the pic). I understand immature people like to make fun of us and thats ok. Too many people hide behind there computers. I tagged MYSELF in the picture to let everyone know that im not afraid and will not hid. Its ok guys. All im asking for is that a link is posted so that me and my team get some press out of this! hahaha!!
You guys really do have some sweet jerseys.

We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-29-2012, 08:05 PM #44
brendans0cool

brendans0cool has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
brendans0cool has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by John

You guys really do have some sweet jerseys.
Agree
Old 11-29-2012, 08:07 PM #45
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Quote:
GUYS GUYS GUYS! Im one of the guys in the pic u guys are talking about in this thread. Just to let u know that I am not taking offense to any comments because I dont care what people think about me on or off the field. I talk on the field with my gun and im ok with that! I appreciate all the support u r giving to me and my brother(the other guy in the pic). I understand immature people like to make fun of us and thats ok. Too many people hide behind there computers. I tagged MYSELF in the picture to let everyone know that im not afraid and will not hid. Its ok guys. All im asking for is that a link is posted so that me and my team get some press out of this! hahaha!!
Great to hear it sir. You guys are good role models for bigger people (like myself) that might be put off of the sport because it is a sport in my opinion. I was lucky that the guys at our field talked me into trying it, even with my size. I have not regretted it a minute. Keep it up. Nice to see you chime in on this
Old 11-29-2012, 08:10 PM #46
Biscuit451
Waffles

Biscuit451 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Biscuit451 supports Team VICIOUS
Biscuit451 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Biscuit451 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by isalecrap View Post
Like I said before, let's post a picture of a guy with one leg or one eye and make pirate caption jokes. It's the same thing, they're making fun of players. Even if the guy in the photo didnt take offense, which you don't know if he did or not, just because he isn't on the picture posting hate doesn't mean he wasn't offended to some extent, I'm sure people making fat jokes isn't making him feel too great.
except, I do know of one-legged ballers, and I'm pretty sure nation has posted amputees on their facebook page. The caption is not making fun of fat people, its a quote that has nothing to do with the obesity or the caloric/fattiness content of cookies. If you take it offensively, you are reading to much into it. If you're not fat, then it's really not your business, especially if heavy guys aren't offended. When amputee ballers pop up, they get respect, and maybe a good-hearted joke or two. What people post about a picture isn't up to nation, its the result of individuals decisions. Nation is not making fun of players. The picture was of two guys playing pump. If anything it was two players not only overcoming an obstacle to play the game, but overcoming their obstacles and still choosing to add more(pump.) If you take it offensively, you are being unfair to the people in the picture by saying that the picture is about their obesity. These players are not defined by their obesity, however, you are defining them by it.
Macroline Guy
University of South Carolina
Old 11-29-2012, 08:13 PM #47
Kaboomfio
Lord Kaboomfio #28

Kaboomfio supports Pev's Paintball
Kaboomfio has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Kaboomfio has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Kaboomfio is attending Decay of Nations VI
I just wanna thank PBnation for spreading the word on our team and our jerseys! hahaha!! Love all u guys that are defending us and still love u guys that r making fun of us! I play out of CPP and other parks North of Los Angeles. U guys wanna ball it up and see the fat guys play then let me know!
Member of Argent Force
Member of WHATEVER Paintball
Old 11-29-2012, 08:16 PM #48
GraniteGargoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit451 View Post
except, I do know of one-legged ballers, and I'm pretty sure nation has posted amputees on their facebook page. The caption is not making fun of fat people, its a quote that has nothing to do with the obesity or the caloric/fattiness content of cookies. If you take it offensively, you are reading to much into it. If you're not fat, then it's really not your business, especially if heavy guys aren't offended. When amputee ballers pop up, they get respect, and maybe a good-hearted joke or two. What people post about a picture isn't up to nation, its the result of individuals decisions. Nation is not making fun of players. The picture was of two guys playing pump. If anything it was two players not only overcoming an obstacle to play the game, but overcoming their obstacles and still choosing to add more(pump.) If you take it offensively, you are being unfair to the people in the picture by saying that the picture is about their obesity. These players are not defined by their obesity, however, you are defining them by it.
Wow, well thought.

I'm sure they appreciate someone sticking up for them, but it appears to be the same "ribbing" everyone gives each other here. But, it really is all perspective and opinion.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:17 PM #49
brendans0cool

brendans0cool has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
brendans0cool has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I honestly hope people will stop taking things very serious. I support any baller any size, any shape, and any color.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:19 PM #50
kyle53pntball
I'm more legit than you?

has been a member for 10 years
kyle53pntball plays in the PSP
kyle53pntball helped look for balloons
kyle53pntball plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
I just wanna thank PBnation for spreading the word on our team and our jerseys! hahaha!! Love all u guys that are defending us and still love u guys that r making fun of us! I play out of CPP and other parks North of Los Angeles. U guys wanna ball it up and see the fat guys play then let me know!
LA is beautiful. I've only been there once.. for Huntington Beach '12. See you in April at HB!

Old 11-29-2012, 08:20 PM #51
GraniteGargoyle

Quote:
Why is there no PBNation guys near central Florida Not a stalker, just would be kewl to play some paintball with some of the people I have met here.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:35 PM #52
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

Blacc Dragon donated to help Peyton Trent
Blacc Dragon helped look for balloons
Blacc Dragon supports Team VICIOUS
Blacc Dragon posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
I've shot this man many times, & not once has he blamed it on my weight!

Honestly, this thread & all of the butthurt towards PBN is retarded (oops )! PBN posted a picture of 2 guys playing in a Star Wars themed jersey, used an applicable quote from a movie, & asked their followers to try to top it. If your first thought when you saw this was that PBN was trying to make fun of their weight, that is your bias coming in to play. As for the people that are trying to belittle them for their weight, they're just displaying their ignorance on a grander scale.

If you can't encounter a joke without assuming that it is an attack on someone, then you probably shouldn't be on facebook or PBN to begin with.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:52 PM #53
Gingerballer17
FARSIDE

plays in the NXL
its not a matter of being able to take a joke, its just disrespectful.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:34 PM #54
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerballer17 View Post
its not a matter of being able to take a joke, its just disrespectful.
Again, it's not PBN's fault that you & the others that are so offended thought that the point was to make fun of their weight...that's your bias, not PBN's.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:09 PM #55
Cash Money Allstar
East Side Resider

plays in the NXL
Cash Money Allstar plays in the MiLP
Cash Money Allstar plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Dragon View Post
Again, it's not PBN's fault that you & the others that are so offended thought that the point was to make fun of their weight...that's your bias, not PBN's.
Hey if they were trying to say "big guys can ball too" say that. Not "we have cookies." Whoever controls their page was trying to intice negativity...it's either that or sheer stupidity.

Allen Booth/WF Marines - RIP
Columbus State University - Alumni

October 2011 "Angel of the Month" - 2006 Angel GAT
Old 11-29-2012, 11:46 PM #56
Mocking Da Bird
Rental

Mocking Da Bird is playing at Living Legends V
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Lol, some of you are misinterpreting that caption. "Come to the dark side. We have cookies" caption has been around way before that picture was taken. Do you not see the Star Wars jersey they are wearing? Or did you just make the assumption that because they're overweight, the cookies was directed towards them?

Take a ****ing joke. When a black comedian makes fun of a white guy in audience, do you think he's going to get mad and start yelling at him, calling him a racist and discriminating him? No, it's a joke, and because it's race, it doesn't mean it's different than size.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:20 AM #57
universal_dave
TIP#001

universal_dave is playing at Living Legends VIII
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
universal_dave has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
universal_dave owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Swear to god, that is the best jersey I have seen in forever.....now I need a damn cookie!

Tim2Thousand4 is shady, his word doesn't mean anything. If you had a good experience with him, my opinion is that you got lucky.

GSL | CSL | SLS | SL8R | VCom | G6r | Insight | Victus | Lance #1
Old 11-30-2012, 12:57 AM #58
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash Money Allstar View Post
Hey if they were trying to say "big guys can ball too" say that. Not "we have cookies." Whoever controls their page was trying to intice negativity...it's either that or sheer stupidity.
Again, your bias makes that picture & caption mean something completely different to you than what it means to the person who posted it. I'm pretty sure that they weren't trying to ENTICE negativity & did not suffer from a sudden bout of sheer stupidity.

I will try to explain all of the elements of the picture to everyone offended...

1. The players are wearing Darth Vader themed jerseys
2. There are t-shirts, bumper stickers, coffee mugs, & many other commercial items with this slogan & pictures of Darth Vader on them
3. They weren't pointing their guns @ each other, so "I am your father!" wasn't really applicable

I find it extra hilarious that many of the same people crying out about how unfair PBN is for posting something on the web that could hurt someone's feelings are insulting the person who posted the picture, which will probably result in the poster's feelings getting hurt...can't wait for that thread to appear!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:28 AM #59
mister2driver
This is my PUMP BADGE

mister2driver plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
mister2driver supports Empire
^ Forget about it!!! Let's do another BBQ/Potluck!!!!

Peace-

KAMANDAG Bang Out Games @ WARPED & AMBUSH

Old 11-30-2012, 06:26 AM #60
DeceptionLeader
The True Rec Ball HERO!!

DeceptionLeader owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DeceptionLeader supports Team VICIOUS
DeceptionLeader supports DLX Technology
Quote:
See^^^ immature and i dont care! lol
Cleary you didnt see my Sig....I was referring to the paintball club right here on nation...so immature not I say....

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." Vince Lombardi
Old 11-30-2012, 07:11 AM #61
rexisme

rexisme supports DLX Technology
This is hilarious........

Where do you post when you have to buy two seats on a plane?

See. Now, that is making fun.

The pic, with caption, well, even bigger guys take it as a joke. Hell, admits to it, loves it.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:28 AM #62
JohnSherman
Decade of ****posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle53pntball View Post
Post a picture of yourself, let the internet make fun of every one of your imperfections. Little *****..or big *****? Or ugly *****? Or dumb *****? **** you.
I'd be fine with posting a picture of myself, because I really don't give a **** what a bunch of neckbeards think of me. In fact, here's a picture of me playing. Go ahead internet, make fun of all my little imperfections.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:14 AM #63
Cash Money Allstar
East Side Resider

plays in the NXL
Cash Money Allstar plays in the MiLP
Cash Money Allstar plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSherman View Post
I'd be fine with posting a picture of myself, because I really don't give a **** what a bunch of neckbeards think of me. In fact, here's a picture of me playing. Go ahead internet, make fun of all my little imperfections.
Cut your hair hippie.

Allen Booth/WF Marines - RIP
Columbus State University - Alumni

October 2011 "Angel of the Month" - 2006 Angel GAT
Closed Thread