Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-13-2003, 12:17 AM #64
not_manbot

Quote:
Originally posted by ]TSS[ Dake
Which is an exact clone of the Defiant.
sure...yeah for the fact that ICD came out with the bushy months before bobby boy came out with the defiant and ICD and BOB COLLABERATED on the defiant it was a JOINT project.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2003, 12:21 AM #65
not_manbot

Quote:
Originally posted by suddenpaint
well...icd products imho suck already...and i was happy SP was sueing them so n00bs didnt buy them...impulses are better guns than Bushies...no matter how many problems they have
lets see impies=no lpr stock, FSDO, heavy, large, ugly, have to pay extra for colors, slower, none adjustable trigger, 45* grip, fairly high pressure

bushy b2k3=lpr stock, lighter, smaller, actual milling, fully adjustable trigger, faster, low pressure, easier to work on, an actual warrenty for christssake, very nice frame, no FSDO, and a very good and tightnit community that will help people with their guns
Old 09-13-2003, 04:20 PM #66
EvilPopTart
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Mega Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
 is playing at Living Legends XI
EvilPopTart is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
which is an electronic clone of a spyder.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:03 PM #67
®4VËñ_þå¹ñtßå||
BiG StroOnz

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPopTart
which is an electronic clone of a spyder.
Might as well say that about all stacked tube blowbacks huh?

That includes your beloved Impys, oh yeah angels too but were not going to get that in-depth. Simply because we all know WDP's quality is so ridiculously higher than Kingman there’s no point in comparison, same goes for ICD.

I chose not to get into any threads about Smart Parts idiocy; this is probably the only one I have been in.

Smart Parts is a dieing company, the only thing resting on the company (prior to release of '03 Shocker) was their Freak, and Impulse. Without these they would be bankrupt, so in order to help there company out. Why not try suing other companies in a last effort to help production of the '03 Shocker and Nerve.

Its bull, but I don't thing they will win. There are too many companies that are higher than SP on the Paintball hierarchy. Hopefully ICD wins, if they do, SP is done...if they can't beat ICD in court than they sure as hell aren't going to have a chance against WDP and other much larger companies.

I don't hate Smart Parts, I love the freak and its one of the only barrels I will use besides a Custom Products. The '03 Shocker looks damn sweet. I’m not boycotting anything either just because it won’t do any good (besides forum people, and tourney players... most people in the paintball community don’t even know wtf is going on).

All we can hope is for Smart Parts to lose...and give best wishes to ICD. (Let the lawyers do the winning)
Old 09-13-2003, 08:15 PM #68
EvilPopTart
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
Thats pretty much the summary of everything I have said in this thread minus the dying company part. Theoritically speaking, Smart Parts can always go back to making stuff for NASA since obviously the paintball thing isnt working for them. And by the way, good job on not reading the thread there sport. And they arent "my beloved impulses." I wouldnt shoot the reached little things anyway. Futhurmore, the Angel is a completely different design from the Spyder so try to make an intelligent comment before trying to burn me.

have a nice day
Old 09-14-2003, 09:53 AM #69
ImpyOwner7

The reason their not coming out with the nerve yet is because they dont want the sells of the 03 shocker to go down. *******es
Old 09-14-2003, 12:52 PM #70
®4VËñ_þå¹ñtßå||
BiG StroOnz

Quote:
Thats pretty much the summary of everything I have said in this thread minus the dying company part. Theoritically speaking, Smart Parts can always go back to making stuff for NASA since obviously the paintball thing isnt working for them. And by the way, good job on not reading the thread there sport. And they arent "my beloved impulses." I wouldnt shoot the reached little things anyway. Futhurmore, the Angel is a completely different design from the Spyder so try to make an intelligent comment before trying to burn me.

have a nice day
Sadly buddy, the angel is not really all that different there buddy. Instead of trying to sound like a jackass know what your talking about. Yes I did read the the thread, and I wasn't directing the "beloved impulses" comment to you, but to everyone in the thread.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:04 PM #71
not_manbot

Quote:
Originally posted by ImpyOwner7
The reason their not coming out with the nerve yet is because they dont want the sells of the 03 shocker to go down. *******es
you know this how?
Old 09-14-2003, 09:33 PM #72
ImpyOwner7

because it only makes scence...
Their gonna gome out with another new gun because people will want something brand new or people will buy the nerve instead of the shocker and they will lose alot money...
and the shocker 03 sales are even lower than they expected..
Old 09-15-2003, 01:26 AM #73
devilchild1722

"Sadly buddy, the angel is not really all that different there buddy. Instead of trying to sound like a jackass know what your talking about. "

please elaborate on how they are similar in any way?
Old 09-15-2003, 02:46 PM #74
not_manbot

Quote:
Originally posted by ImpyOwner7
because it only makes scence...
Their gonna gome out with another new gun because people will want something brand new or people will buy the nerve instead of the shocker and they will lose alot money...
and the shocker 03 sales are even lower than they expected..
just like the pushback of the shocker 2k3 from winter/spring to late summer?

no, it's most likely because SP can't get the damn thing working halfway decent
Old 09-15-2003, 06:59 PM #75
EvilPopTart
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ®4VËñ_þå¹ñtßå||
Sadly buddy, the angel is not really all that different there buddy. Instead of trying to sound like a jackass know what your talking about. Yes I did read the the thread, and I wasn't directing the "beloved impulses" comment to you, but to everyone in the thread.
oh please do elablorate on how angels are the same design. this should be good. I havent been able to take one apart (mostly since I dont own one anymore and I never had it around long enough to tinker and no one else around here shoots one really anymore... much less let me touch it) so I dont know all the part differences. But comparing a Spyder to an Angel is like comparing an rotten orange to a golden apple.

and I assumed you were talking to me about the impulses thing because you had be quoted. and I do know what I am talking about... do you?

Last edited by EvilPopTart : 09-15-2003 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 09:28 PM #76
®4VËñ_þå¹ñtßå||
BiG StroOnz

Quote:
oh please do elablorate on how angels are the same design. this should be good. I havent been able to take one apart (mostly since I dont own one anymore and I never had it around long enough to tinker and no one else around here shoots one really anymore... much less let me touch it) so I dont know all the part differences. But comparing a Spyder to an Angel is like comparing an rotten orange to a golden apple.
Take a spyder, take out the hammer assembly and velocity adjuster, now put in a phnuematic ram in there. Next take the gripframe off and put one with a board, battery, 3 way and solenoid. Then take out that lp chamber and put in a reg, connect the parts and you have a timmy.

An angel is different because the 3 way and solenoid are in the top tube behind the bolt and the lpr and hammer/valve assmeblies are in different tubes. The angels electronics board is in the grip and the battery is in the actual gun.

A viking is different than an angel because the solenoid and manifolds are in the tray above the gripframe and the battery in the grip.

Your taking a more basic gun and making it phnuematically operated to control things like dwell, rate of fire, and using a lpr and ram to use the least amount of force to cycle the gun.

Besides a few thing which makes a "specific gun" have their identinty, again I will say most stacked tube blow backs are very similiar. Ill give you that rotton orange to a golden apple, because its very true. I never denied it either, I owned an angel and it rocked. There was no doubt that it was uncompairable to a spyder but basically they shoot the same (physically)
Old 09-15-2003, 10:02 PM #77
Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman

Well I have kind of steered away from this topic for a couple weeks, so I am going to jump back into it.

IMHO, Smart Parts is not a dieing company, and the Shocker is going to completely change the company.
And not_manbot, obviously you havent shot a 2k3 Shocker before, or you wouldnt be saying that they do not work half decent. Yes, Smart Parts had some trouble with some specific parts of the gun. Yes, they took extra time to make it perfect. Do you think that all companies just ship out guns without testing them first. They are testing them and making them functional for a reason. For the PLAYER. So they are taking extra time to work out some bugs... Isnt that better off then just shipping the gun out and hoping for the best? And believe me... the Shockers run awesomely. The ones that actually are sold because they have been tested and had the bugs worked out of them run damm near flawlessly.

Also, the fact that Smart Parts isnt bringing out the Nerve yet because of all the court stuff might hold some fact, but no one can be sure. It may have a part to do with it, but I believe its a very small part. Its more or less business. Why put out 2 guns that have bugs in them, and needed to be tested thoroughly, when you can do one at a time? Also, whoever said it would take away from the Shocker sales is right too. They first want to get the Shockers out to the public, and then bust out the Nerve. I am actually VERY enthusiastic about the Nerve. I cant wait till it comes out.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:09 PM #78
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
chances are that SP is just looking to get more money. I bet they're going to wait until Shocker sales die down, then they will release the Nerve to get their production sales skyrocketing again. When you release two guns, the public has the choice between the two and only one will be chosed per person (most of the time). When you only produce one, the public will want that one, until you come out with a new product which you advertise as better and the public will switch over to that new product. Gives the company more money.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 09-16-2003, 06:30 AM #79
EvilPopTart
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Treghc
chances are that SP is just looking to get more money
and that is all that they are doing here. end of subject.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:16 PM #80
not_manbot

Quote:
Originally posted by Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman
Well I have kind of steered away from this topic for a couple weeks, so I am going to jump back into it.

IMHO, Smart Parts is not a dieing company, and the Shocker is going to completely change the company.
And not_manbot, obviously you havent shot a 2k3 Shocker before, or you wouldnt be saying that they do not work half decent. Yes, Smart Parts had some trouble with some specific parts of the gun. Yes, they took extra time to make it perfect. Do you think that all companies just ship out guns without testing them first. They are testing them and making them functional for a reason. For the PLAYER. So they are taking extra time to work out some bugs... Isnt that better off then just shipping the gun out and hoping for the best? And believe me... the Shockers run awesomely. The ones that actually are sold because they have been tested and had the bugs worked out of them run damm near flawlessly.

Also, the fact that Smart Parts isnt bringing out the Nerve yet because of all the court stuff might hold some fact, but no one can be sure. It may have a part to do with it, but I believe its a very small part. Its more or less business. Why put out 2 guns that have bugs in them, and needed to be tested thoroughly, when you can do one at a time? Also, whoever said it would take away from the Shocker sales is right too. They first want to get the Shockers out to the public, and then bust out the Nerve. I am actually VERY enthusiastic about the Nerve. I cant wait till it comes out.
oh no the shockers are a decent gun but how do they explain the spool valve open bolt operatation? why'd they lie?
Old 09-16-2003, 04:42 PM #81
Dave

Dave is a founding member
Dave owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Smart Parts is far from a dying company, thier sales #'s are insane, and they continue to rise. Thier expantion to the West Coast is a pretty good sign too.

The reason that the Nerve isn't released yet is that they just spent a year getting the shocker ready, and there are parts of it they are still working on (vision, inline reg) I'm sure once that's done and the design team gets a little time on their hands they'll tackle the Nerve project. That and the fact that it doesn't make sense to release 2 products in the same market(upper end marker) at the same time.

You guys complain about Smart Parts doing everything for money...what should a company that employs hundreds of people do? Just exist for the fun of the game? You're insane.

For the record SP has not Sued Us(gen-e) and we continue to have a very good relationship with them and their employee's.

Dave/ Gen-E, Toxic Performance

Cousinspaintball.com
shopcousins.com
Old 09-16-2003, 10:18 PM #82
Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman

not_manbot - You are right. But then again... do you think that you could come up with a completely new design for a gun that originally looked like a shoe box with a barrel and a handle? I mean look how small the Shocker 2k3 is compared to the older Shocker. From what I understand they had a REALLY hard time making it closed bolt. If you read up on it, they kind have done. Its an open bolt design, but the bolt has a brief pause which somewhat simulates a closed bolt feature. I know its not perfect, but I mean my God! It still shoots just as flat and accurate as the old Shockers, they are lighter, look A LOT nicer in my opinion, and they shoot A LOT faster. Honestly, I dont really care if the gun isnt TRUELLY a closed bolt design. It still rips and is accurate like no other.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:33 PM #83
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary_BLINGIN_Coleman
but the bolt has a brief pause which somewhat simulates a closed bolt feature.
Every single marker on the face of the planet that has a bolt does exactly that. That's what a bolt is for.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 09-17-2003, 06:15 AM #84
EvilPopTart
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Treghc
Every single marker on the face of the planet that has a bolt does exactly that. That's what a bolt is for.
exactly. I hope he reads that post and understand how foolish that made him.

Dave- Forgive me if I am wrong, but dosent Gen-X just make cocker aftermarket parts like pnuematics, regs, frames, and bolts? If you guys dont make an electric marker I wouldnt see why they would go after you.