Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-08-2011, 03:48 PM #1
Alpha 8

Ghillie suites

I am having a discussion in another thread about sniper gear and the subject of the ghillie suit came up.

Now, from what I am hearing, if the ball hits the streams of the suit and not your body you are still considered dead. What's up with that?

On the fields that I played, if my body gets hit I am considered dead even if the ball doesnt break. I'm okay with that even thought I dont fully agree. There are more bounces off so called 'armors' than of me and they can keep playing.

So what is the call from the 'experts' in here.
Alpha 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2011, 04:15 PM #2
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

It all depends on the field and/or scenario producer. As a sniper or any special class for that matter it is your job to find out the rules at every event to protect yourself from others telling you the wrong thing and so you dont mistakenly break a rule.

At the fields around Houston its pretty much the same and most scenario producers conform to the same norm. If it hits any part of your suit then you are out including the edges.

Most snipers around here just call themselves out if the paint is within 6". Further than that and try to E&E or fight back.

If your field says bounces off your body then more power to you. Keep on playing till they get that lucky hit.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:48 PM #3
GFX260
Jesse Day

has been a member for 10 years
GFX260 supports Team VICIOUS
GFX260 is for the Gunfight
it's a sport, not war
It's not practice for war

Any gear that is brought on the field can be considered part of your person while in use if the field so chooses. I'd worry more about this when you go to check out the next field because it will be different from place to place.

At my field, I would require it to break on you unless your ghillie was thick. in that case, I would inform you & the refs that any time a flying paintball touches you & makes noticeable changes in velocity you would be out.
GFX260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 02:15 PM #4
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

has been a member for 10 years
Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is playing at Living Legends VIII
Racso owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Racso is Legendary
I think I will break down why some rules are different, and how to compare them to speedball.

Quote:
Now, from what I am hearing, if the ball hits the streams of the suit and not your body you are still considered dead. What's up with that?
If you're hit, you're hit. It is just like saying, "I was only hit in the pinky, I can keep playing." If something on you is hit, you're out. How do other players know that the part in question wasn't directly over your arm or leg or something when hit. Same as getting hit in the pack or the gun. It is part of you.

Quote:
On the fields that I played, if my body gets hit I am considered dead even if the ball doesnt break. I'm okay with that even thought I dont fully agree. There are more bounces off so called 'armors' than of me and they can keep playing.
Cover yourself with pillows so they don't break and just charge the other side! In speedball, you can only wear a certain number of layers and clothes cannot be too big on you so they don't pad the paintballs can cause them to bounce. With ghillie suits, all that extra material can pad and "catch" the paint, so special rules have to be made.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote