Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-20-2007, 02:21 PM #1
Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

has been a member for 10 years
NME Solenoid

I just wondered - from what I understand both the Wicked Solenoid and the ASCO Vented Soilenoid will work fine with a standard WAS Equilizer board, right?

And they will fit into the grip frame?

Which one of the two noids would you recommend? I know that the ASCO Valve is better but a Wicked Noid could be sufficient anyway and cheaper too...

I've seen that there are two very, very small screws that are holding the stock noid in place - they look almost like bolts - I hope the stock noid can be replaced without much of a hassle?

Last edited by Lim-Dul : 05-20-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2007, 06:18 PM #2
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

SEAL 6 is playing at Living Legends VI
SEAL 6 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
get the ones off the WAS site, those are some of the best you can buy

if not, go to airsoldier.com they have some good ones
System X NME LE Black/Silver
(but everyone still loves the minimag)
Old 05-20-2007, 06:30 PM #3
systemx1903

took the words right out of my mouth seal
Old 05-20-2007, 06:41 PM #4
Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

He, he - thanks for the advice, but I actually asked if I should choose the WAS Noid or the Asco Noid and the noids on airsoldier.com ARE among others the Asco Noids - so your answer is: choose either one and we're back to where we started. ^^

Maybe I should formulate my question in another way. I know for sure that the WAS noids will work fine with the Equalizer Board... Does anybody have any experience with running Asco Noids (the ones that are shown on airsoldier.com) on stock NMEs? It's written that they use twice the power - can the WAS Board keep up with this?

It's quite a difficult decision, you see, since WAS Noids are twice as cheap as Asco Noids - why overpay if I don't need Asco Noid's features? The question is: does the Asco Noid perform better than the WAS Noid? Has anybody tested them?

With the WAS Noid you have to turn the dwell up, so I hear, this problem shouldn't exist with the Asco Noid, since it has a built-in in QEV (correct? Has anybody tested it?), but on the other hand it takes twice the power... I'm stuck in an analysis paralysis between the two models...

P.S. Which other noids from airsoldier.com are good, can be installed in an NME and can cycle at over 30 bps?

P.P.S. http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-b...A-AAA-XXXX-1BA

Aren't these almost exactly the same solenoids as the WAS solenoid? The're MAC noids from what I can see... And they take 3W tops, which is 1W below the WAS Noid, which can cycle at up to 120cps, so I'm told, but who needs that kind of performance? ;-)

Update: Now I see that the WAS Noid draws a ridiculous amount of power as well - the Asco noid is better in this regard after all, since it draws only twice the power a standard noid would.

P.P.P.S. Another simple question then: what noid would YOU choose if you wanted your NME to cycle at 30+ cps - without stressing the electronics with some whoop-*** wattage.

Last edited by Lim-Dul : 05-20-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:09 PM #5
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

http://wickedairsportz.com/products.php?cat=26

these are the WAS noids. i'm ot sure how many coils are in them compared to the MAC noid you showed, even thoughm they are both MAC. they should be the same

i was looking into ASCP noids a while ago but i not got one cuz they're too expensive. i'm not sure what the Voltage/Amp ratings are on the WAS or Predator boards so i'd ask the manufaturer

for your batteries and wallet's sake, i'd avoid the ASCO. it's a good noid though.
Old 05-20-2007, 07:42 PM #6
Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

I knew where to get the Wicked Noid - I just wondered if it was similar to the MAC Noids I've shown and you seem to confirm it...

I wouldn't worry too much about the Asco's battery-consumption as it clearly says that it takes about twice as much power as standard Humphreys/Skinners (which take around 0.5 W), so around 1 W. The Wicked Noid takes a stunning 4 W of power - now THIS is a battery-hog... The other MAC Noids on airsoldier.com take 1.8, 2.0 and 3.0 W, which is still HUUUUGE, but better than the WAS Noid...

Again - SEAL, which Noid would you choose? =) The standard one is a Humphrey HEA10F5-GL-101W - mine is not broken or anything - I would just like to have a higher cycle speed - that's all.

These noids seem to be good as well (if they weren't out of stock), don't they? And they use the same gasket as the NME stock noid...

http://www.airsoldier.com:8080/cgi-b...Code=SOLENOIDS
Old 05-20-2007, 11:55 PM #7
Brute06

I have a Race noid in my NME. It works great. I don't really know how it compares, but I know it has the QEVs and stuff like you want. When I was talking to Tom at Racegun, he said the WAS noid was basically a mac noid. I don't really know which of the three is better, but I know from experience with the Race noid, that it works just fine with the stock board and everything. I haven't noticed a major battery drain, and I haven't had to up my dwell at all. I've had to bring up my LPR pressure a little compared to my old NME, but I think that's just due to it being a new gun (I bought it new from Racegun. Mine was one of the nice ones. The other ones looked like someone crapped out a gun). I don't really know if the site is working properly for racegun (I can't click on anything. Maybe you guys can. I don't know why it wouldn't work for me and it might work for you, but I guess it's worth a try), but if you can get to the store, maybe you can check out the features and see if it's better.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:14 AM #8
Lim-Dul
The Necromancer

Have you noticed any discernible difference in the cycle rates of the noid? If I am to get a good noid I might as well go for the best. ^^
Old 05-21-2007, 06:49 PM #9
SEAL 6
The Anti-Hype

if i would have the choice and cash in hand, i'd get the MAC, cuz it';s similar preformance to the ASCO, but half the price. the ASCO is VERY tempting but a noid doesn't really seem worth all the cash to me.

i'll start saving pennies so that i can buy an ASCO later on.....
Old 05-21-2007, 08:58 PM #10
Brute06

I haven't really noticed much. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. The gun still shoots the same. I'm just less afraid to joke around and put it up at 25+ bps and dryfire it to mess with the new guys. I've heard that at more than like 23 you can start to melt certain parts of certain noids. It's not a theory I was willing to test out. The thing I don't like is that you need to use a slightly higher LPR pressure in order for it to work properly. One of the greatest things about NMEs is that they use such low pressures and have awesome gas efficiency. It doesn't really seem worth it to buy an aftermarket noid unless your stock noid gets messed up or something.