Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-29-2012, 08:38 AM #1
HollywoodHogan

Why doesn't NPPL follow their own rules?

As long as you are friends with people that run the league pros can apperantly play D2? I don't understand why NPPL even has rules if they don't enforce them...not too good for a league struggling to stay in existings. You cannot get away with this at PSP events!

Peter Reguindin- 3 pro events SD Aftermath last event 5/3/09 MAO

Rostered on a D2 team, when the rules clearly state no pro player for the last 10 years can play on a D2 team!

4.07 Player Rankings
All player rankings are determined by the players status as of January 01st of the current yearʼs season whether they have previously played the NPPL series or any other National or International series.
(1) A “Pro Player” is a player that has been on the roster of an NPPL or other National or International Professional Team in the past 10 years,
or a or International Professional Semi-Pro team in the past 10 years.

(2) A “D1 Player”. Anyone who has played or has been on the roster of a D1 Team in two D1 Tournaments or has been on the roster of a National D2 series championship team.
(3) A “D2 Player” is a player that has played or has been on the roster of a D2 Team in two D2 Tournaments or has been on the roster of a National D3 series championship team.

4.08 Changes to Player Status. Player status is based on playing history dating back to the
2003. Any player may request reclassification. Any Pro player can be reclassified down 1 division (with approval from the league); the player cannot play Division 2 at anytime. A $50 USD fee will apply to all applications. (Regardless of the outcome of the decision), by visiting www.nationalpaintballplayers.com <http://www.nationalpaintballplayers.com>. Playerʼs who think they have been unfairly ranked in a National paintball series other than the NPPL may apply for re-classification for no charge; a $50.00 deposit must be paid at the time of application. The fee will be refunded no matter what the outcome.
4.09 Inter-Divisional Play.
(1) Any player may be on a Pro team roster
(2) D1 may have unlimited D1 players and up to 2 Pro or Semi-Pro players
(3) D2 may have all D2 players, two D1 players and no Pro or Semi-Pro players

Straight from the rules...of NPPL RULE BOOK.

Last edited by HollywoodHogan : 03-31-2012 at 12:07 PM.
HollywoodHogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2012, 08:57 AM #2
SPECTRE Fox
PLAY PUMP!

SPECTRE Fox plays in the PSP
SPECTRE Fox is playing at Living Legends III
SPECTRE Fox supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodHogan
I don't understand...
Apparently you don't because you made multiple topics complaining about the same thing in almost the identical manner.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:00 AM #3
btl99

It's a good question I have been wondering about this to...
Old 03-29-2012, 09:01 AM #4
jeremyr
SandBox Killer 88

jeremyr plays in the PSP
jeremyr donated to help Peyton Trent
jeremyr supports our troops
jeremyr supports DLX Technology
Wow. I was just reading the new rulebook and looking at the rosters. I didn't see that. I guess it's cuz they've been inactive. Paxson is playing with a d1 team and I thought he was the only pro not playing pro. Rules always seem to be bent. Our team had a player who was D2(7man) and they wouldn't let him play D4 5man because he was ranked too high. We didn't make a fuss, we just moved up our rank instead.
SBK #88
AXIS #88
BLACKLIST #88
AFFLICTION #88
INFERNO #88
jeremyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:29 AM #5
Spnak3r

Spnak3r owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Spnak3r is for the Gunfight
Spnak3r supports Pev's Paintball
Because PSP uses APPA for ranking and NPPL doesn't so if they are ranked pro in the PSP then they are not pro in the NPPL basically one leagues rank does not effect the other

Strike Force Sports NY
Spnak3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:49 AM #6
FiresofSirius

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
FiresofSirius donated to help Peyton Trent
But they meet the rule he quoted from the NPPL rule book for being classified as pro,

(1) A “Pro Player” is a player that has been on the roster of an NPPL or other National or International Professional Team in the past 10 years,

The rule does not limit it solely to NPPL participation and they would fall under the OR OTHER part. I'm curious if this will be addressed. Best of luck to all teams playing!
FiresofSirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:05 PM #7
HollywoodHogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiresofSirius View Post
But they meet the rule he quoted from the NPPL rule book for being classified as pro,

The rule does not limit it solely to NPPL participation and they would fall under the OR OTHER part. I'm curious if this will be addressed. Best of luck to all teams playing!
Please see my other thread in the NPPL forum. They are stating the these pros are "grandfathered" into D2. So they bend the rules just depends who you are.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:20 PM #8
Splat209

Splat209 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Splat209 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Splat209 is attending Decay of Nations VI
stop crying about it he probably has not played for a few years therefore he's "rusty" and stuff.

"in the grind, it's my time to shine"

ebay username to see feedback:tperez838
Splat209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:48 PM #9
VSOwnage
Pursuit of Professional

VSOwnage plays in the PSP
VSOwnage is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat209 View Post
stop crying about it he probably has not played for a few years therefore he's "rusty" and stuff.
lol, good justification...
VSOwnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:49 PM #10
kyle53pntball
I'm more legit than you?

kyle53pntball plays in the PSP
kyle53pntball helped look for balloons
kyle53pntball plays in the APPA D4 division
Hollywood hogan.
If you're not D2 then shut up lol

kyle53pntball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:09 PM #11
godraep
FapAttackV.1

godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
Is this kid even playing the event? Also, it looks like he registered a brand new account just to ***** and moan. Crybabies gonna cry.
godraep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:17 PM #12
chargermikec

In any sport, good teams find ways to win in all circumstances. It all comes down to a collective team effort. Not just one or two key players. This is a great event, in a great location, by a great league. No league is perfect. Lets appreciate what we have here and enjoy this weekend. Positivity to all my brothers.
chargermikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:41 PM #13
ActionExpress
Alex Williams

ActionExpress plays in the PSP
ActionExpress plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spnak3r View Post
Because PSP uses APPA for ranking and NPPL doesn't so if they are ranked pro in the PSP then they are not pro in the NPPL basically one leagues rank does not effect the other
Yep.
ActionExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:16 PM #14
DirtyFerdie

I am a OG baller and to be honest who cares who you play! I am sure everyone will have something to say.. Back in the days of NPPL D3 played 2 games against D1... D2 Played 2 games against Pro... Hell look at Aftershock last year they were all D2 and they won Pro.. Everyone has a gun! Just sack up and roll it! I remember Pain Train in PHX PSP.. All pros and they kicked *** but that was still fun.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:42 PM #15
HollywoodHogan

I guess next event I'll find 6 "grandfathered" pros and just register for D2. Don't complain, because itll be legitimate by NPPL "rules".
Old 03-29-2012, 03:54 PM #16
RyanFitForBattle
All praises due.

RyanFitForBattle plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodHogan View Post
I guess next event I'll find 6 "grandfathered" pros and just register for D2. Don't complain, because itll be legitimate by NPPL "rules".
None of them want to play with you.

Autococker 2x and 5x Rebuild Kits! O-rings / Hose / Barbs / Case
Contact me for all your Autococker Repair / Tuning Needs! Fast turnaround!
The Princeton Battles
RyanFitForBattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:46 PM #17
splatter00

splatter00 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
splatter00 plays in the APPA D2 division
Bro i dont believe he has been a pro in NPPL, which i am sure the NPPL rules are outdated/not updated due to the uncertainty of a merger (which would of changed EVERYTHING)

i dont get why it matters, 2 guys will not make a team. Take SD Pirates from PSP for example, most the team except 4 guys are d2 or d3, yet they won PSP Galveston D1. last time i checked, 9-12 guys on a PSP roster, and all play.
Didnt the NY giants upset the undefeated Patriots? its about team unity and cohesiveness, hence a team sport. I could understand your complaint if it was a 1v1 or 3v3 tourney..

Just get over it, play the event and do your best.. when you get up to D2+, there is alot of talent..
Old 03-30-2012, 01:40 AM #18
Spnak3r

Spnak3r owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Spnak3r is for the Gunfight
Spnak3r supports Pev's Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatter00
Bro i dont believe he has been a pro in NPPL, which i am sure the NPPL rules are outdated/not updated due to the uncertainty of a merger (which would of changed EVERYTHING)

i dont get why it matters, 2 guys will not make a team. Take SD Pirates from PSP for example, most the team except 4 guys are d2 or d3, yet they won PSP Galveston D1. last time i checked, 9-12 guys on a PSP roster, and all play.
Didnt the NY giants upset the undefeated Patriots? its about team unity and cohesiveness, hence a team sport. I could understand your complaint if it was a 1v1 or 3v3 tourney..

Just get over it, play the event and do your best.. when you get up to D2+, there is alot of talent..
So true

Strike Force Sports NY
Spnak3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:21 AM #19
TheMahone2491

TheMahone2491 is a Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
TheMahone2491 plays in the APPA D4 division
Justin Timberlake wrote a song about this actually.
TheMahone2491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:34 AM #20
surealpaintballer

surealpaintballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
surealpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
hogan is right, they are not enforcing their rules. point blank. It is sadly a tademark of the NPPL, i played the whole 2010 season and saw it several times. Regardless of what the schedule was like 10 years ago or if a pro or two would matter on a roster of 7, there is a clear rule, one a team didn't adhere to and the nppl allowed it.

It is what it is, you should expect that in a league that has been doing it for years tho.
EMPIRE Paintball gear
Ultra EVIL PAINTBALLS

GARDEN STATE PUMP
surealpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:38 AM #21
surealpaintballer

surealpaintballer supports Cereal Killerz 2
surealpaintballer posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatter00 View Post

Just get over it, play the event and do your best.. when you get up to D2+, there is alot of talent. .
Why would the merger drama be an excuse for a lack of a updated yearbook? lol that is totally unprofessional, if that was what they told me....i would be furious!

Just for the sake of advocating, the Giants and Pat's were both composed of players of the same ranking and skill level.....thats why they played in the same pro league and further more made the final for that leagues tournament. It might be an upset but its different then what going on here.
EMPIRE Paintball gear
Ultra EVIL PAINTBALLS

GARDEN STATE PUMP
surealpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote