Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 04-30-2005, 08:46 PM #1
JigGaNauGhtY

has been a member for 10 years
Nova 700 Help w/ Safety

Hey guys,

I've had my nova since the first time they came out and all these years, I've never hesitated to use it on any of my rec games. I mean a little bit of lube and it's good to go. What's great is after you roll around in the dirt all day, take the barrel off and run the whole gun thru running water and maybe some mild soap and it's ready to be put away.

One thing though is that my safety isn't working anymore. I took the marker apart when they were still doing the darkstar upgrades and I misplaced the spring and bearing that makes the safety work. The're located behind the hand guard when u take it off.

Can anyone take a picture and dimensions of the spring and bearing? I wanna see if I can find them at a home depot or something. If I can get this safety to work, that'd be great. Well I hope someone can help. Thanks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2005, 02:11 PM #3
Polish Guy
WarMachine Guru

Oh people have'em....just that it's Sunday now and everyone is pooped I think lol

PM AMCfall or Baldusi if you can, you'll get a quicker response.

The Original WarMachine Factory Team
SN's a nationality - not a shoe shine...

FeedbacK
Old 05-02-2005, 03:40 PM #4
suprtpr

suprtpr is a Supporting Member
The small bearing on one of my Novas' saftey was missing when I got it. They are hard to find if you were to go looking to purchase one. You best bet would be to try a gunsmith that works on real guns, many real guns use these same size bearings.

Or I could tell you where I finally found one...it was already in my gear bag and you probally have one in your gear bag or tool kit. If you have one of the metal protector caps for a HPA fill nipple, or a quick disconnect from a remote air hose you most likely already have the size that you need. Just take the snap ring off the connector and you will have at least one and with some connectors you will have as many as six bearings.

As for the spring, just get one that will fit into the hole and you will be OK.

If you can't get it to work, get with Avery, he bought all my Nova stuff from me last year. He has probally the biggest collection of working, non-working, and parts for the Novas than any one else around.

Hope this helps
Old 05-03-2005, 08:40 AM #6
amcfall

As Polish guy said, patience. I was in PA for Castle Conquest and just got in last night.

The ball bearing is 1/8" stainless. I get them from the local hardware store. The spring doews not have to be perfect. Find one that fits in the hole and sticks out a small amount when put in after the bearing (cut if necessary). How hard of a spring you use will determine how hard it is to move the safety.

Avery