Thoughts on the enmey?

Let me know, Im thinking about buying one
NoobWithAnAttitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2013, 11:01 AM #2
RogueShooter

has been a member for 10 years
Here's a pretty good discussion about it over on MCarterBrown: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...irst-look.html

Haven't really seen too many in-depth reviews here on the Nation but there are also some youtube reviews out there if you want to search under "gog enmey".
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:19 PM #3
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
it is a great marker if you are running co2. I've been playing around with one on co2 to test for rental markers for the field and they are garbage on co2. getting about 40 shots on it inside at 65-70 degrees and the reg is frosted over and the valve inside quits functioning.

but they are quiet and smooth for a mech gun

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:11 AM #4
mjfraasch

mjfraasch owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
mjfraasch is attending Decay of Nations VI
mjfraasch is attending Decay of Nations VII
mjfraasch supports Ninja Paintball
I love mine, best mech gun ever made in my opinion(I also have not used my etek since I got it)
mjfraasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:49 AM #5
Dedloc
That One Guy

Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Dedloc is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulzeye View Post
it is a great marker if you are running co2. I've been playing around with one on co2 to test for rental markers for the field and they are garbage on co2. getting about 40 shots on it inside at 65-70 degrees and the reg is frosted over and the valve inside quits functioning.

This seems off. I am in TN and someone at my field has an enmey, after i talked them up to buying one for their son. He played all day with it and the temps are in the 30-40s and had no issues with anything freezing over and he is using CO2.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:49 AM #6
busman33
Moe!

I did a review here in the review section which I'll update soon once I get to the 20 case shot mark ( at 10 now ). So far I stand firmly behind everything I stated in my review, it is one of if not the best value in the game at present. I've owned too many markers to mention and even most of the $1500+ markers out there, but never one I enjoy as much as the eNMEy.

Bonefide SHOCKER ROCKER!!!
busman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 AM #7
o5pr3y
I hate my Username

o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
If it wasn't tournament season I'd be picking one up. I've only got to dry fire them, but it feels great in the hands, has an awesome trigger, and is perfectly priced.

I shot off about 200 shots messing around with it, but I was using HPA. Sounds like the 45-50 per co2 tank is a damaged marker.
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:14 AM #8
FriendlyNudist

Thanks for creating this thread. I have been thinking getting one as a backup marker. I pretty much play exclusively semi in recball, so it seems like a great "oh crap, I forgot to pack a fresh battery" option.

Its reassuring to see that after a few months, there aren't any major complaints. My concern has been that at the entry level price build quality might suffer.
FriendlyNudist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:37 AM #9
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y View Post
If it wasn't tournament season I'd be picking one up. I've only got to dry fire them, but it feels great in the hands, has an awesome trigger, and is perfectly priced.

I shot off about 200 shots messing around with it, but I was using HPA. Sounds like the 45-50 per co2 tank is a damaged marker.

I hope there us something wrong with it. We are going to send it in and have gog check it out. I do hope they find a problem with it because I think it's a great marker and i haven't had any issues with it whole using compressed air.

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:10 AM #10
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulzeye View Post

Even though the eNMEy's are set up to handle liquid CO2 better than previous guns, even low-tolerance blowbacks have problems handling liquid. So if you're shooting while pointing downwards it will have a tendency to suck liquid into the gun which will cause issues. Could also just be that there's not enough grease on the bolt and reg piston to keep things free when it gets colder. I know of a couple of guys running these on CO2 and yours is the first serious issue I've heard of.

Although, as a matter of personal opinion, I'd recommend your field start looking to switch to aluminum HPA tanks for rentals. Might have to refill them more often but they'll keep the guns running longer and guarantee issue-free performance. Metal tanks really aren't that cost-prohibitive for rental fleets anymore, especially not at dealer pricing.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:51 PM #11
NoobWithAnAttitude
Becoming Less of a Noob

I just wish you could get a low profile feedneck for it :/
NoobWithAnAttitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:16 PM #12
busman33
Moe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobWithAnAttitude View Post
I just wish you could get a low profile feedneck for it :/
Have you seen one in person yet? The feedneck isn't tall I think it's an optical illusion in pics of the marker since the stock barrel is so short. I'm sure there will be LOTS of aftermarket options for this marker coming soon if you want a really low profile ( and perhaps metal ) feedneck.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:54 PM #13
marcozombie

I'm still wondering if a bolt upgrade or qev installed would make a difference in performance. Ordered mine this past weekend with a cp one piece.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:43 PM #14
mjfraasch

mjfraasch owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
mjfraasch is attending Decay of Nations VI
mjfraasch is attending Decay of Nations VII
mjfraasch supports Ninja Paintball
I doubt it would make any difference
mjfraasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:03 PM #15
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post
I'm still wondering if a bolt upgrade or qev installed would make a difference in performance. Ordered mine this past weekend with a cp one piece.
I intend to find out, I have all the parts just need the time to test. Plan is to test the TechT bolt alone, then stock bolt with QEV, then L6 with QEV. Can't give any reasonable estimate on a time frame but I'm hoping to get it done as soon as possible, with video if I can.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:01 AM #16
marcozombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShooter View Post
I intend to find out, I have all the parts just need the time to test. Plan is to test the TechT bolt alone, then stock bolt with QEV, then L6 with QEV. Can't give any reasonable estimate on a time frame but I'm hoping to get it done as soon as possible, with video if I can.
I subscribed to this thread just to see what results you come up with. The L7 and QEV are exactly what I was thinking of for this marker. I have a shocktech bolt on my old ion that I may throw in there just to see if i can feel any kind of difference. Keep us posted. Very interested.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:44 AM #17
Dedloc
That One Guy

Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Dedloc is Boss
Not sure what you will get, since the dwell is purely mechanical.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:49 AM #18
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post
I subscribed to this thread just to see what results you come up with. The L7 and QEV are exactly what I was thinking of for this marker. I have a shocktech bolt on my old ion that I may throw in there just to see if i can feel any kind of difference. Keep us posted. Very interested.
The L7 won't give you any positive result, to the best of my knowledge, because it has no tail o-rings to mechanically stop the flow of air/control the dwell of the shot. You'd need to track down an older L6 model, (I asked TechT and they didn't have any, wound up having to search for one on Ebay/Amazon) which has the twin tail o-rings but is lighter and higher flowing than stock.

I'm hoping that if my testing shows some positive results with the L6 that I can talk the boys at TechT into doing another run of them for eNMEy owners. But I'm not even going to approach them with that until I've run some paint through it in each configuration to get a better idea of what benefits each one offers.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:08 PM #19
Punisher068

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShooter View Post
The L7 won't give you any positive result, to the best of my knowledge, because it has no tail o-rings to mechanically stop the flow of air/control the dwell of the shot. You'd need to track down an older L6 model, (I asked TechT and they didn't have any, wound up having to search for one on Ebay/Amazon) which has the twin tail o-rings but is lighter and higher flowing than stock.

I'm hoping that if my testing shows some positive results with the L6 that I can talk the boys at TechT into doing another run of them for eNMEy owners. But I'm not even going to approach them with that until I've run some paint through it in each configuration to get a better idea of what benefits each one offers.
I emailed them with the same idea,I have a L6 bolt in my mech conversion,way less kick with a QEV and L6 than a standard bolt,its about 20 grams +/- stock one,I've also got a Redz bolt on the other mech I have,same results,havent done an efficiancy test
Dont know if this applies to the Enemy but mechs require a 2 oring tailed bolt for consitancy
Ion w\Axe Relay
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:53 PM #20
marcozombie

Got my enmey today... first impression: Light, light, light. Even with a 68 screwed in and a halo up top this thing was nothing in my arms. Unfortunately im going to swap out the asa with my old ion set up. Way to long for me. I wonder if Im going to have to bend the braded hose a little (will it even give?) or just look for some macro. The marker looks way better after screwing in the CP 693. looks more 'legit' ... cant put my finger on it. Dry fired it a couple of times and noted the different sound signature. I noticed a slight click after the triger is pulled and the bolt cycles. Normal? Just not used to it. One thing i noticed is the placement of my hands on the reg. Feels a bit akward. Seems like the gap between the trigger guard and the reg is much tighter and i cant quite grip the marker in the same way I would an ion or etek. I guess i'll just have to ge used to it. From the price standpoint this thing is a win. I am a cheap rat-bastard-*** when it comes to paintball (reason # 3 I went to pump), and if this marker is as reliable as it claims to be, I will sing its praises to new players and cheapskates. Cant wait to run some rounds through it.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:22 PM #21
busman33
Moe!

Marcozombie- the sound you're describing sounds like the same thing mine does which I believe is just the bolt returning against the guide or the spacer. There's certainly no mistaking its a mech gun from the way it sounds shooting.
As for being a cheapskate baller, I can relate. I used to spend crazy money on gear and always owned some crazy high end stuff. Now that I play for fun (no tourneys) I'm the definition of a budget baller. Old as hell gear and a budget marker, the eNMEy works great for me. The only thing I notice is I still shoot a crapload of paint but over a longer period of time (I play longer) partly due to how much fun I have shooting my new toy.