Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 PM #1
red4
Sherman Reynolds

red4 is BST Trusted
 plays in the NXL
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
red4 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
MSXL Event #1 Feedback

seems some of the feedback has been started...now lets put it under a proper thread title. any & all issues please bring them up. this allows us to make the changes to better or fix faults for the upcoming events & continue to grow the series. if you have issues, try to have a suggestion on how to correct that issue. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM!!!

first off, i was the head ref on the field. what i saw was a lot of hustle by the players/teams getting on & off the field. this allowed us to keep the pace & finish ahead of schedule. also, i saw a LOT of integrity ball being played...more than i have seen in a really long time. i had several players either calling for a paint check on themselves or even actually making attempts to check for a break when they got hit. most everyone who has been around Asylum, N-tense, AXPS, YJP, NPI, Third Eye, Red Leg, etc...knows me & how much of a stickler i am about the rules. no ref can catch every call & in some cases has to make a decision on a "bang bang" play. its that way in EVERY sport & yes it sucks when it happens to you or your team. been there done that...but i can assure you, home cooking is something that has not & will not be tolerated at Asylum. like Darrin mentioned in the other thread...the Asylum D3 teams finished last. all things aside...congrats to the winning teams & a big thanks to the players/teams for supporting the MSXL & making my job as head ref easy. also, thanks to kenny & darrin for keeping the series kicking for year 4 (i believe).

Last edited by red4 : 02-18-2013 at 04:35 PM.
red4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2013, 06:18 PM #2
STLOutlawz

STLOutlawz plays in the PSP
STLOutlawz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
STLOutlawz plays in the APPA D4 division
Sherman! The hospitality of this event was unreal, EVERYONE was friendly. At one point I was talking to your significant other and your boys. It was great to see how many people were there to just watch. The facility was amazing for my first time being in the area.

One thing that caught us off guard was the tax on paint. Knowing now that all paint will have a 6% tax is helpful and will allow us to prepare for the rest of the series financially.

Also the crazy long break wasn't very exciting, I know it comes with the 5 man format, but we had. 16 game break at one point it really stinks cause you really lose your momentum.

Those two things aside the event was fantastic. I hope to see everyone soon probably not at the first xball event but the following.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:19 PM #3
ladd_17
Boycott 10bps

ladd_17 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
ladd_17 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
ladd_17 is Boss
I just wanna say a giant thank you to the refs who dove in to cover me up after I lost my mask in our final prelims match. Could have been a bad situation if it weren't for their quick reaction.

Desperately awaiting the return of fun tournament paintball

TRUST
ladd_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:24 PM #4
pedrofb19
Sweet stroller ***

pedrofb19 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
pedrofb19 donated to help Peyton Trent
pedrofb19 plays in the APPA D3 division
yeah the tax on paint was un-expected. it would also be nice if in the pit area there could be a speaker so we can hear who's on the field and who's coming up next that way we don't have so many player standing on the side of the nets so they don't miss their games. everything else was awesome.
pedrofb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:28 PM #5
asylum1

Speaker

Will def. add a speaker to the inside staging area next time. The rest of the year the events will be outside and you should be able to go by the schedule more accurately. Thank you for all your comments and we look forward to the rest of the year.
asylum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:04 AM #6
GanjaPalooza
Double D

GanjaPalooza plays in the MiLP
GanjaPalooza owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GanjaPalooza plays in the APPA D5 division
GanjaPalooza has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Great Tournament Overall..... Couldn't believe the pace you all kept, reffing was good and fantastic job with the facility!

Like mentioned above, a speaker in the staging area could have helped... and it was a liiiiiiitle crowded but I believe once it warms up, the space issues around the field will disappear.

How to improve? I don't know if this happens during the season already, or if maybe it is just not probable/worth the time but..... I would LOVE to see some vendors at divisional tournaments (like I said maybe there are factors I do not understand that makes this pointless). Not a negative by any means... just what I thought about lol.

Great job overall to everyone that participated and hope to see you all at the start of the series!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:28 AM #7
paintballedge06

paintballedge06 plays in the PSP
paintballedge06 is an NCPA player
paintballedge06 plays in the APPA D4 division
Great event we where borderline if we where going to compete in the Msxl's with the psp but this event decided for us. Thanks for covering up Tyler so quickly I didn't even know what was going on...and not to mention that's after 12 hours of reff if u guys had already done.. Look forward to seeing everyone week after Texas gonna be a fun year

The sportsmanship was great. Besides the little overshooting and a few bragging about it (but let's be honest it's indoor so it happens) that is the main reason we decided to play the series. All of the d3 teams where class acts in my book. Great job guys

Kenny has to charge the tax and doesn't build it in like others. Just how it works especially with credit card purchases everything is tracked so he is doing it to just make his billing easier can't blame him..
paintballedge06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:50 PM #8
Chrismeisterpmc
C-Nasty

Chrismeisterpmc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Chrismeisterpmc plays in the APPA D4 division
The only complaint I have is that you had to chrono every time before you stepped on the field, now I'm not saying that you shouldn't chrono, so don't get me wrong it's just there was 1 ref (doing his job) chronoing both teams in that crowded of an area while other teams are trying to walk off the field. I would have had a ref with a chrono at each end of the field to check everyone before the point. This really isn't a complaint just trying to cut down time and confusion. Other than that the refs were amazing and I thought it was cool that the owner was out there working along side the refs to clean up the field and wipe down bunkers in between points.
Chris Hale #19
Chrismeisterpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:16 PM #9
Xfactor1331
Proving Grounds Or Die.

Xfactor1331 plays in the PSP
Xfactor1331 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Xfactor1331 plays in the APPA D4 division
I had one problem one of the reff's had a Mcflurry looked possible to be an M&M one at that! and when i was playing and asked for a bite he said no.....
Your not seeing me at an event ever again!
Josh Pookie Powell Fan #1
PG RISE FOREVER
Xfactor1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:59 PM #10
devan22

devan22 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
devan22 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
devan22 plays in the APPA D4 division
devan22 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfactor1331 View Post
I had one problem one of the reff's had a Mcflurry looked possible to be an M&M one at that! and when i was playing and asked for a bite he said no.....
Your not seeing me at an event ever again!
This is why we keep Xavier around

Paintball Asylum
devan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:31 PM #11
Josh@AsylumXtreme

Josh@AsylumXtreme plays in the PSP
Josh@AsylumXtreme plays in the APPA D4 division
Had a great time, paint shot amazing. I agree a speaker in the staging area would have helped. Defiantly would have saved us from almost missing the buzzer one point. I've never had to tag up so fast in my life!
asylumxtreme.com
Xtremenasium.com
Xtremeinkandpiercing.com
Xtremelasercombat.com
Josh@AsylumXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote