Paul@CPX

Paul@CPX is an Ultimate field/store owner
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends V
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends VI
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends VII
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends VIII
Paul@CPX is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Comments, complaints, suggestions...

Please feel free to tell us what you liked and where you thought there was room for improvement. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve, please feel free to offer those as well...

Check us out:
www.cpxsports.com

Often imitated, never duplicated.
Paul@CPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2011, 12:30 PM #2
paintballer123.jake

has been a member for 10 years
It was my first time to living legends, and definitely won't be my last. On the first and second day my team and i came late so my suggestion might already implemented.

Do you guys give out a mini-map to the players? I saw a couple guys near the HQ carrying small (index card sized) maps and i thought it would be great for those to be handed out to anyone that wants one.
paintballer123.jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:54 PM #3
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 supports Empire
It would be great if you could try to not look so smug and throwing your drink around all the time, Paul.

Play UWL
If I make you cheat, I win.
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:22 PM #4
Paul@CPX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan 03 View Post
It would be great if you could try to not look so smug and throwing your drink around all the time, Paul.
Todd, your timing is perfect. This sub forum could use a little comic relief. Bo wipe that smug look off your face and tell me what we can do to keep you happy air

Check us out:
www.cpxsports.com

Old 05-23-2011, 01:26 PM #5
RTE33

RTE33 is playing at Living Legends V
RTE33 is playing at Living Legends VI
RTE33 is playing at Living Legends VII
few more 4500 psi air whips. Anything to shorten the time for chrono. That was insane.
other than that was okay to me.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:40 PM #6
painthappy
Painthappy

painthappy is a founding member
painthappy is a Paintball photographer
painthappy is playing at Living Legends VIII
painthappy supports Bob Gurnsey
For just being some schmuck on the sidelines... I thought it was great. The only issue I ever heard was the chrono, but that's probably due to everyone trying to do it at once.

Paint was fantastic.... Viper did an amazing job setting it up and from everything I saw, it ran smooth.

Good show, and I'm sure to be there next year. Next time I'll try and play.

Carter
Old 05-23-2011, 01:46 PM #7
Paul@CPX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTE33 View Post
few more 4500 psi air whips. Anything to shorten the time for chrono. That was insane.
other than that was okay to me.
Already talked to Chris and he brought that up to me. Consider that done for next year.

Check us out:
www.cpxsports.com

Old 05-23-2011, 01:52 PM #8
Skipdogg

There seemed to be more porta johns. Especially by the camping area. That was good.

Paint was dimpled right out of the bags. That was not as good.

Overall on the CPX side of things, I would probably say this year went the best from what I experienced and saw.....well other than the chrono line. I didnt have a problem, but saw when it was at about 100-200 people waiting in line. There seemed to be only 2 chronos. with all that counter room, about 6-8 may have helped move the line better. Then again, most of those people waited til the last minute, so better planning could have helped them perhaps.
Air line got a little long at times, but it always moved steady so I don't think anyone waited more than 5 minutes for a fill.

Thanks for hosting again Paul! It is very much appreciated. CPX is class act, and your staff worked hard....(especially all the pretty women )
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:08 PM #9
raynman

Friday night pump was the best part of my weekend. Make sure to do that again.
raynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:20 PM #10
Spartan 03
The Heretics

Spartan 03 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Spartan 03 supports Empire
I thought you did a GREAT job with the number of portapotties and how they were dispersed. Whenever I needed one there were a few not too far away. And the paint I got was great, too. As a pump player, I don't like to deal with paint that wings, and the paint I shot flew consistantly straight. Good stuff.

Frankly the best part of the event for me was just walking around and talking to people I haven't seen since last year and in some cases two years. It seems like CPX is recognizing that for many of the players, the "social" element of the game is really important. The night games were fun, but the fact that they weren't critical to the overall game allowed players to socialize with people without jeapordizing the outcome of the game.

Play UWL
If I make you cheat, I win.
Spartan 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:41 PM #11
Ace0rz

Ace0rz is playing at Living Legends III
Ace0rz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ace0rz posts videos on PbNation
More Chrono's or at least a bigger area for Chrono would help make things run a bit faster. me and my guys were hoping to be able to use one of our hand chrono's for the entire team but then we were told it has to be measured by a CPX chrono, which i can understand if someone pulls out a home made one but we have ones that are commercially made...

i also agree with more 4500 fill lines.. i understand that it is also another very expensive thing, i just tried my best to refill early in the morning, and lines were not that bad when i needed more paint/air.

paint was great right out of the paint truck, it swelled up a little during the day, but that was expected with the humidity.

all in all i had a great time and plan to attend the next years event with my team!
Ace0rz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:00 PM #12
PistolPete93
Keine Knabe

PistolPete93 posts videos on PbNation
I have a question about the paint: can I use Living Legends paint or All Star from the Meet and Greet during open play? All was purchased from cpx and have white fill.
PistolPete93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:06 PM #13
Warparty
Oh noes! A snipe-

Warparty is a Moderator
Warparty is a Supporting Member
Warparty is playing at Living Legends X
Warparty is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Warparty supports Sherwood Forest
Thanks for a great event Paul. Cant say enough in thanks for you hosting this event. The netting by the Temple of Doom area really opened up the feild, nice move there. As for the air situation, The longest back up we had all weekend was under 5 minutes and that was while we repairing the 3rd station. The biggest slow up we experianced was having to keep replacing the o-rings in the connectors because players were not hooking tanks up properly before trying to fill thier tanks .

I will agree that the chrono issue was bad. I am sure this is near the top of your to-do list for next year, so thanks.

3 cases of paint and it all shot great. (God knows enough of it that was shot at me BROKE on me) The venders and concesions were great. Anyone who didnt try The Idiot sandwich missed out.

A big round of applause to Viper for the game set up. It was a blast.

The players were great this year on both sides. It was a blast running with Blues Crew, Hellions, F.E.A.R. (just to name a few), You guys made it a great time.

Finally Paul I want to give you and your staff, ESPECIALLY the Refs, A huge hand. The guys and gals on feild were all over the place and right in the thick of the action. I didnt see a case of thumb-up-butt-itis from them any time I was on feild. This was the best reffed LL yet.

Thanks again and I cant wait to see how you make next year even better.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:11 PM #14
Justus
FireStormPaintball.com

Justus is playing at Living Legends VII
Justus supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@CPX View Post
Already talked to Chris and he brought that up to me. Consider that done for next year.
I didn't make it this year and really have no idea how the chrono area is set up. That said, if a team wanted to bring their own chrono and set it up in the chrony area to speed things up, could something like that be implemented? I realize it would take another staff person watching the readout to acknowledge everything is aok, but at least it would lessen the amount of people waiting in line without the field needing to purchase more boxes.

Something like: "Bring your own chrony - acceptable model numbers specified - and rent a staff person for 1/2 hour at a time at a cost of $$ to speed up your team's time adjusting marker velocity. Get on the field faster." Think of it like a Gold Points card or something. VIP benefits. Whatever.

That might be too much of a headache than it's worth, though. Thoughts?
Justus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:21 PM #15
blackmagic71

blackmagic71 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
I was very pleased with the air situation. I dont think I ever had to wait more than 2 min to get air and I always got atleast 4400 psi.

One thing I really liked about this year over last year was that I actually got to play in Bedlam and Armaggedon on a regular basis instead of just in the final battle like last year.

Overall it was a great event.
blackmagic71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:29 PM #16
John
Administrator

Annual Supporting Member
John is an Administrator
John works for a Paintball manufacturer
 is playing at Living Legends XI
John supports Empire
John is All In
The overall footprint of the event was a huge improvement and made for way less walking. Great job on that.

The playing field was set up better than ever as well with the additional netting.

The pump event was a great addition even if playing unlimited reincarnation in pump is a little silly.

The paint seemed to fly straight and break on people just fine.

I never had to wait long for air, not even for my first fill on Saturday. After that, I don't think I had to wait at all.

The food was awesome. I can't believe the "idiot" was that good and cheap for all you got.

Parking was just how I like it: free and available.

My only complaint would have to be that chrono line. I know you guys don't need 5 more chronos year round, but it would have been nice for Saturday morning.

We deserve better villains.
"I have not seen an automag shot in anger in 10 years." Tom Cole
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:57 PM #17
LU_aDaK
Brindle T2 & Resurrection

What I Loved:
1) The paint shot excellent, I did not noticeable dimples in 4 cases. Shot straight and broke on target all weekend.

2) Free Parking... nuff said

3) CPX fields... nuff said

4) *Much less unnecessary walking (compared to LL2) - largely improved.

5) Officiating... Excellent job for sure, especially during the final battle, they were ontop of everything and they made sure everyone was safe - even when they had to sacrifice their bodies to do so.

What I did not Love:

Two complaints, and I hate to say it, but they are big ones... and they have not changed since my experience during LL2 *(a pivotal reason I did not return for LL3). I truly feel they need to be addressed before another Viper scenario is played ever again.

1) Team Markings / Arm Bands

I felt that it was embarrassing that during such a well known, and expensive scenario event, that a 1" wide piece of duct-tape was the only thing distinguishing one team from another. Larger fabric arm bands are the very least that could be done... personally I do not see why a stretchy fabric sleeve could not be made. Add 1 more dollar to the cost, and make it happen. It is shameful that such an amazing event needs to be handled with half strips of duct tape... especially when Green and Red, looks nearly identical to Blue and Orange in the woods.

2) Water... or lack there of at the insertion points, this too is just inexcusable.

A simple can filled with ice and water bottles, with a ref charging $1 a bottle would have solved this issue. Within 2 hours their days wage would have been paid for, and the players would be able to stay hydrated without heading all the way back.

I fear that I may not play another viper scenerio until things change. I loved LL2, and LL4 - but the above "beefs" have not changed, and I do not see them changing. Honestly the only reason I attended LL4 after LL2 was the fact that CPX is one hell of an amazing field with a great staff of people...

*Sorry if the above post seemed overly negative or critical, but facts are facts and it had to be said.

Last edited by LU_aDaK : 05-23-2011 at 04:16 PM.
LU_aDaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:03 PM #18
Alted4

Other than chrono, my only complaint is the discrepancy between players being able to use Evil for the pump games, but we couldn't use All-Star for regular game play. In my opinion, it should have been a straight yes or no to both. Also, communication from the pro shop to the fields could have been better because I was told that we HAD to buy All-Star for the pump games.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:05 PM #19
oldschool86
Backyard Boyz BattleGroun

oldschool86 is playing at Living Legends V
oldschool86 supports Bob Gurnsey
I think Chris and Dan "Paintball Indiana" did a great job with air fills all weekend. I never waited more than 5 minutes for air, not bad considering how many people there were. Maybe I missed it also, but I would have loved to have a small field map to carry with me.
I think we owe alot to the incredible reffing staff. They were constantly in the line of fire, and made great calls! I think the sportsmanship by all players made the game amazing. Paul from CPX and Kerry from Viper, keep doing what your doing, it was an amazing event!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:21 PM #20
Pumpkiller97

Pumpkiller97 plays in the PSP
Pumpkiller97 is playing at Living Legends V
Pumpkiller97 is an NCPA player
Pumpkiller97 plays in the APPA D5 division
My only complaint is the rocket launcher rules. I wouldn't have minded the whole dying thing when you are hit or your bunker is, but each ref it seemed like had a different rule. One part of the field the rocket could hit next to me and I was dead and in another I wasn't. Next year have all of the refs use the same rule. I loved everything else and I will be back next year.
Pumpkiller97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:28 PM #21
RuFiO13
Doogan

Would just like to comment on the chrono issue. There was staff at the target range starting at 7 am Saturday but was relatively unused until approximately after the players meeting. It was at that large surge that all of the refs with hand chronos were sent down to try and help move things along as quickly as possible.

A better solution definitely needs to be figured out but the the situation would have been nowhere near as bad as it was if more people had begun to chrono earlier. Something will definitely be done to solve this.
RuFiO13 is offline   Reply With Quote