PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:43 PM #1
US Paintball League

Uncapped, Semi Auto

Confirmed - the US Paintball League will be uncapped Semi Auto...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2009, 11:46 PM #2
p8ntballbulldog

has been a member for 10 years
Yay the return of walking a trigger
Adam Geis Fan #41

Flip Syde

www.pgpaintball.net
Old 02-02-2009, 11:49 PM #3
Aaron Hebeisen

Aaron Hebeisen plays in the PSP
Aaron Hebeisen owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Aaron Hebeisen is an NCPA player
Aaron Hebeisen plays in the APPA D5 division
Amazing about time
Iowa State #020
Sponsors
Guerrilla Air
Mountain Dew
Planet Eclipse
Old 02-03-2009, 12:11 AM #4
ApolloAnton
gettin slizzard

ApolloAnton donated to help Peyton Trent
ApolloAnton owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
ApolloAnton supports Team VICIOUS
ApolloAnton is for the Gunfight
yesh.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:17 AM #5
the other one
Goldy

the other one supports our troops
Thank you.

*any word on harsher penalties for those that use gun cheats? maybe? please?

Old 02-03-2009, 12:24 AM #6
US Paintball League

Yep, the rules committee had their first meeting tonight regarding harsher penalties. When decisions are made I will post them here!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:36 AM #7
ionrocker35
im caucasian

finally, faster than 10 bps
Old 02-04-2009, 01:42 AM #8
$h@key J0nEZ
The South Will Rise Again

Rip Psp.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:51 AM #9
the other one
Goldy

the other one supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post
Rip Psp.
I have no pity if the PSP goes down.
They had the chance to approach the former NPPL staff and say "hey, lets make a unified league that everyone will want to play"

....but no. they just made it worse. Slower guns, wierd divisions, smaller rosters.

I have no pity for the PSP, and their lack of cooperativeness. Maybe once the USPL starts to succeed where the NPPL failed... then the PSP will wise up and want to unify in some way. Until then, srew 'em.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:39 AM #10
Exilict

Exilict is a Supporting Member
Exilict is a founding member
Exilict donated to help Peyton Trent
Exilict plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
They had the chance to approach the former NPPL staff and say "hey, lets make a unified league that everyone will want to play"

....but no. they just made it worse. Slower guns, wierd divisions, smaller rosters.

I have no pity for the PSP, and their lack of cooperativeness. Maybe once the USPL starts to succeed where the NPPL failed... then the PSP will wise up and want to unify in some way. Until then, srew 'em.
This is one of the more ignorant statements I have heard. You might want to go back, look at WHY the PSP was made, who was involved in the PSP when it was made, and the results since.

When you take that list, compare it to the list of people that were involved when the NPPL failed, then again to the list of people in the USPL.

It would be like ATT going out and picking up all the MCI board when MCI went under... Some things you just don't do...

Hell, I plan on playing a few USPL events, I played some NPPL events, and of course I play in the PSP. I don't need to bash one to make the other look better, but lets try to refrain from spreading **** around that you obviously have no clue about...

If the USPL was smart, they would call up Debra Krischke, she knows how to make a profit out of paintball!!!

All this thread did was give people like me, who know how to make boards, plenty of time to design and distribute them (again). You can't catch what we can do.

Last edited by Exilict : 02-04-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:03 AM #11
player12345
ICE WHAT??

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilict View Post
This is one of the more ignorant statements I have heard. You might want to go back, look at WHY the PSP was made, who was involved in the PSP when it was made, and the results since.

When you take that list, compare it to the list of people that were involved when the NPPL failed, then again to the list of people in the USPL.

It would be like ATT going out and picking up all the MCI board when MCI went under... Some things you just don't do...

Hell, I plan on playing a few USPL events, I played some NPPL events, and of course I play in the PSP. I don't need to bash one to make the other look better, but lets try to refrain from spreading **** around that you obviously have no clue about...

If the USPL was smart, they would call up Debra Krischke, she knows how to make a profit out of paintball!!!

All this thread did was give people like me, who know how to make boards, plenty of time to design and distribute them (again). You can't catch what we can do.

Thats a really nice statement you make there about making the illegal boards. Why don't you just call the insurance companies up and tell them to raise the rates due to your blatant disregard for safety rules. We are trying to make the league as clean as possible for the players and then you make this statement. I guess you are one of those ones that can't win or haven't won without using an illegal boards.

Last edited by player12345 : 02-04-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:14 AM #12
Exilict

Quote:
Originally Posted by player12345 View Post
Thats a really nice statement you make there about making the illegal boards. Why don't you just call the insurance companies up and tell them to raise the rates due to your blatant disregard for safety rules. We are trying to make the league as clean as possible for the players and then you make this statement. I guess you are one of those ones that can't win or haven't won without using an illegal boards.
If you think for a SECOND I am the only one doing it, your crazy. It exists, it happens, there hasn't been a positive way to catch it yet. I have no problem even sharing how we are getting away with it, around any "Catch" out there. I would LOVE to see the sport go back to semi-auto. But I am also in touch with reality enough to know that no matter what you do, there will always be people cheating...

-X
Old 02-04-2009, 10:46 AM #13
player12345
ICE WHAT??

plays in the NXL
Quote:
If you think for a SECOND I am the only one doing it, your crazy. It exists, it happens, there hasn't been a positive way to catch it yet. I have no problem even sharing how we are getting away with it, around any "Catch" out there. I would LOVE to see the sport go back to semi-auto. But I am also in touch with reality enough to know that no matter what you do, there will always be people cheating...

-X

Chris,

I know how its done, I know where to get ahold of boards, I know how to "catch" these boards, and I know some of the people doing it as I have had them offered to myself and our teams but I, we as an organization have more integrity for the game and our sponsors. We were held accountable by our sponsors for the last few years by having in our contracts to use unmodified stock boards which we have no problem with. The "catch" will require leagues to confiscate the guns and boards which involves legality issues as well. I guess you are really in touch with reality as you are the one cheating....There are infractions that affect the game (wiping / playing on) as played but people such as you affect the game where safety / pure integrity of the sport and competition come into play. Considering our teams in the last 3 years have won and placed in over 10 national events and 10 local events without having to use illegal boards, it is not needed to win.

Last edited by player12345 : 02-04-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:47 AM #14
mikenawnaw

exclicit, maybe you could try and help come up with new "catch's"?

There is a number, that just about everybody agrees what NOBODY can shoot legally. I think its AT MOST 20... noone hits over 20 legit.

Some say its 15, or even lower.

Why not cap it (at whatever that number is) and have multiple ways to catch cheaters?
You hear a gun at 20+ and (most refs) will run to pull it anyways.

EDIT: maybe you have won so many tournaments because you wipe and play on, so you dont need boards to do it?
Old 02-04-2009, 11:03 AM #15
player12345
ICE WHAT??

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenawnaw View Post
exclicit, maybe you could try and help come up with new "catch's"?

There is a number, that just about everybody agrees what NOBODY can shoot legally. I think its AT MOST 20... noone hits over 20 legit.

Some say its 15, or even lower.

Why not cap it (at whatever that number is) and have multiple ways to catch cheaters?
You hear a gun at 20+ and (most refs) will run to pull it anyways.

EDIT: maybe you have won so many tournaments because you wipe and play on, so you dont need boards to do it?

Yea thats right all 30 + of our players wiped every game we played the last few years to win tournments. I guess the next thing is we paid off the refs to win the money, as we still spent more on paintball in the 3 years than we won. Well I guess Tom 4 spent more money, over 1/2 million because he cares for the sport.

I know the boards are out there, can they be caught, hopefully soon, but don't advertise it and say people will always cheat when you are the one providing and advertising it as well.

There are rules that govern wiping and playing on (compared to holding, pass interference in football) then theres the areas that govern safety and the integirity of the game (illegal sustances, equipement in football) that shouldn't be touched. There are full auto mods as well as breakout mods as well as 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min mods as well that only can be caught by looking at the programing and to confiscate equipement bring legality issues as these markers value exceeeds $1000 thus affecing the legality standpoints.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:46 AM #16
$h@key J0nEZ
The South Will Rise Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post

I hope the PSP does good in these tough economic times and I wish them only the very best. While I am a lover of higher rates of fire I still want to see all tournament paintball flourish. The kids are the best part give them what they want.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:57 AM #17
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Deimus85 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Yea thats right all 30 + of our players wiped every game we played the last few years to win tournments. I guess the next thing is we paid off the refs to win the money, as we still spent more on paintball in the 3 years than we won.
LOL!

In regards to the firing mode used in the USPL, I really enjoyed the fact that 7 man used Semi Auto. I think it really works with how 7 man is played, due to the fact that you can really control your ROF to suprise a player who is looking to make a move through your lane, or something along those lines.

However, I do see the flaws with Uncapped Semi-Auto, as Exilicit is making clear that cheater boards are still being used and even promoted by certain players/teams. Everybody wants an edge, just not everybody wants to work hard to gain one through extensive training and talent. You know what an asterisk is? That is what is placed on every player/teams name whenever it is mentioned when it is known that they use those boards. Reputations are affected by asterisks. At least those who are honest and win without the illegal edge don't have to ever worry about an asterisk.

Maybe it would be a good idea to use some sort of capped mode such as millenium, where the player has to reach 8 or 10 bps before the gun can ramp, and it is capped at 15. That way you can still retain the strategy and sneakiness of the low ROF possibilites of Semi auto, but be able to maintain a standard for referees to weed out cheaters.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:06 PM #18
Exilict

Quote:
Chris,

I know how its done, I know where to get ahold of boards, I know how to "catch" these boards, and I know some of the people doing it as I have had them offered to myself and our teams but I, we as an organization have more integrity for the game and our sponsors. We were held accountable by our sponsors for the last few years by having in our contracts to use unmodified stock boards which we have no problem with. The "catch" will require leagues to confiscate the guns and boards which involves legality issues as well. I guess you are really in touch with reality as you are the one cheating....There are infractions that affect the game (wiping / playing on) as played but people such as you affect the game where safety / pure integrity of the sport and competition come into play. Considering our teams in the last 3 years have won and placed in over 10 national events and 10 local events without having to use illegal boards, it is not needed to win.
Hell dude, I play PSP.. So all the *I* *you* *we* it doesn't matter.. I don't cheat I don't need to cheat, i pull the trigger 3 times and it goes to 15bps.

Stating the obvious here, but you can't catch cheater boards... Hell we made a board last year that had a wireless turn off. Looks EXACTLY like a magna chip. Second someone pushes a button (from the crowd) the gun turns into cheat mode, unclick the button, and its out of cheat mode... The board itself appears fine...

You can't catch this kinda stuff..

-X
Old 02-04-2009, 12:25 PM #19
player12345
ICE WHAT??

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Hell dude, I play PSP.. So all the *I* *you* *we* it doesn't matter.. I don't cheat I don't need to cheat, i pull the trigger 3 times and it goes to 15bps.

Stating the obvious here, but you can't catch cheater boards... Hell we made a board last year that had a wireless turn off. Looks EXACTLY like a magna chip. Second someone pushes a button (from the crowd) the gun turns into cheat mode, unclick the button, and its out of cheat mode... The board itself appears fine...

You can't catch this kinda stuff..

-X
LOL... if it goes to 15 then you are cheating... the cap is lower now. Since there is no I, then stop saying it as you stated "I don't cheat I don't need to cheat, i pull the trigger 3 times and it goes to 15bps, you are providing the means to cheat and having said you have played NPPL and will be playing the USPL then hence you are cheating. They can be caught even if its wireless, just has to be found.... written in code...if its programing it can be found. For us to try to legitimize the sport this only negatively affects it.

Guess I will end my rant for the day..

Last edited by player12345 : 02-04-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:38 PM #20
JMFD

JMFD is a Professional paintball player
JMFD plays in the USPL
JMFD plays in the PSP
lol
Old 02-04-2009, 12:50 PM #21
dcbiii
Mega Moderator

Annual Supporting Member
dcbiii is a Mega Moderator
This is way off topic.

This was a discussion about USPL rules, not cheater boards.

Closed.