Community Focus

Old 02-07-2013, 11:22 PM #337
ProMod
Gun Tech

has been a member for 10 years
ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
the core itself should stick out slightly, this is to allow more air around the core and through the ASA. Regardless, the threading stops before the very bottom of the ASA so any properly built reg will stop at the end of the threading.
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
ProMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2013, 05:17 PM #338
The Mince

Yo, sorry i'm sure this has been covered before I just can't find it.

Can someone give me the 411 on a decent setup to get my gun to shoot brittle paint. I'm still on v2 if it helps, it normally shoots well but last weekend using super brittle paint it was smashing a lot of balls.

If it was smooth and quiet that would be a bonus.

Thanks guys.
The Mince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:28 PM #339
FRballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMod View Post
first off, I'd check your tank pressure to make sure it's BELOW 550 (I know you said it's lp, but I've had people call 650 lp)

Then I'd zero out the reg (turn the adjuster counterclockwise until you feel resistance), air up the marker, and slowly start increasing the pressure while dry-firing the marker. If it doesn't seal up once it fires properly, I'd make sure the frame orings aren't missing.

if it's still leaking air when the reg is zero'd out, the previous owner may have tried to adjust the reg tophat. I'd rebuild it, reference this video if need be:

Thanks, turns out it was missing 1 frame oring.... My tank is a 450 lp still couldnt get the gun to dryfire after fixing the leak but by that point my tank was pretty low will inpect the reg regardless
FRballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:03 PM #340
Dirty6Thirty
Its mine I spend it

Dirty6Thirty plays in the PSP
Dirty6Thirty plays in the APPA D4 division
I have a frame leak but im not using a low pressure tank... Thats the reason right?
Old 02-09-2013, 03:56 PM #341
Bussey

Bussey is playing at Living Legends VI
Bussey supports Team VICIOUS
Bussey supports DLX Technology
How do I set my board to factory settings?
Bussey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:42 PM #342
zerospeed

zerospeed is a Supporting Member
Reset Menu - The Reset Menu allows you to individually reset profiles, statistics, or your entire marker to factory defaults. Trigger scroll to the item you want to reset, then pull and hold the trigger. A confirmation screen will then ask you to confirm your choice. Pull and hold again to confirm.
zerospeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:22 PM #343
ProMod
Gun Tech

ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty6Thirty View Post
I have a frame leak but im not using a low pressure tank... Thats the reason right?
If you're running more than 600 PSI through your vapor, the solenoid will safety-vent.

If you're running less than 600 PSI, it could be a few different things, how severe is it?
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:45 PM #344
FRballer

so just a little followup tried to breakdown and clean the reg and the tophat is stripped where the allen key is supposed to go...

does machine have good warrenty for something like this, really sucks having paid $1000 on a gun that did not come close to as described, have done over 60 highend gun deals and its been a while since ive been burned, really pissed off right now
Old 02-10-2013, 05:12 PM #345
Bussey

What size Alan key is the feather touch screw? And if I have a little leak from that area is that where it would be from?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:49 PM #346
ProMod
Gun Tech

ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRballer View Post
so just a little followup tried to breakdown and clean the reg and the tophat is stripped where the allen key is supposed to go......
If you just bought it and you're using the included allen keys, the screw isn't stripped; Machine doesn't include the right size allen key BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TOUCH THAT PIECE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bussey View Post
What size Alan key is the feather touch screw? And if I have a little leak from that area is that where it would be from?
It should be 1/64th if I remember correctly; it's the smallest allen-key in most kits. if you have a leak from there, locking down the FT screw isn't going to fix the problem. you'll need to check your rear bolt guide oring, your bolt sail, and worse case scenario, make sure your solenoid spool isn't stuck forward.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:24 PM #347
FRballer

Quote:
If you just bought it and you're using the included allen keys, the screw isn't stripped; Machine doesn't include the right size allen key BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TOUCH THAT PIECE.

It should be 1/64th if I remember correctly; it's the smallest allen-key in most kits. if you have a leak from there, locking down the FT screw isn't going to fix the problem. you'll need to check your rear bolt guide oring, your bolt sail, and worse case scenario, make sure your solenoid spool isn't stuck forward.
1st off really appreciate your help with these guns

It is deffinantly stripped, previous owner must have used wrong allen key trying to reef it out or something and is denying everything said he never aired it up even (BS , deff didnt come as described and will take no accountability)I have a rotten feeling in my stomache. Anyways to the pointI was able to air the gun up and shoot a pod but it seems way to stiff and not much adjustability (about 3/4 of a turn tops) to the adjust the fps on the inline reg.

Either screw it out where its low enough pressure to barely thud the bolt or too high of a pressure... not much middle ground, my guts telling me that inner silver hex half of the reg tophat (black v.2) will need to be replaced. I dont know if I will be able to get a replacement for it since Im not the original owner of the gun, officially at the panic stage right now, really hoping that they have good customer service. Reading up on this thread it sounds like the reg is overpressurizing and i cant take the tophat off the reg withought having to tap the hex hole or use a some type of grabbit but. Also worth noting id like to align the reg properly too. I fell in love with my buddys vapour but this thing is giving me fits right now

Last edited by FRballer : 02-10-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:30 PM #348
Bussey

Quote:
Okkay the gun is shooting fine but has a ever so slight leak from the FT screw area. You say replacing the rear bolt guide and sail orings will fix this? I have two questions, what orings are the rear bolt guide orings and what is the sail oring, and can I use a ninja pro slp reg or is it to, low. I'm using a pooty bolt if that helps, I was experiencing drop off earlier today, but I think it had something to do with my board settings. I set all settings to default, then ran tune assist and adjusted my dwell to 9. But sense I was getting drop off I experimented with my slp and added 2 shims, and now it's not experiencing drop off and I'm wandering if adding shims is making the pressure higher of an output from the slp or the dwell is what helped it.

Last edited by Bussey : 02-10-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:17 PM #349
ProMod
Gun Tech

ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRballer View Post
1st off really appreciate your help with these guns

It is deffinantly stripped, previous owner must have used wrong allen key trying to reef it out or something and is denying everything said he never aired it up even (BS , deff didnt come as described and will take no accountability)I have a rotten feeling in my stomache. Anyways to the pointI was able to air the gun up and shoot a pod but it seems way to stiff and not much adjustability (about 3/4 of a turn tops) to the adjust the fps on the inline reg.

Either screw it out where its low enough pressure to barely thud the bolt or too high of a pressure... not much middle ground, my guts telling me that inner silver hex half of the reg tophat (black v.2) will need to be replaced. I dont know if I will be able to get a replacement for it since Im not the original owner of the gun, officially at the panic stage right now, really hoping that they have good customer service. Reading up on this thread it sounds like the reg is overpressurizing and i cant take the tophat off the reg withought having to tap the hex hole or use a some type of grabbit but. Also worth noting id like to align the reg properly too. I fell in love with my buddys vapour but this thing is giving me fits right now
If your marker is still firing (read: It's not pissing air out of the solenoid like an arterial bleed) then that piece is fine, you need to re-lube the marker and re-tune it.

Quote:
Okkay the gun is shooting fine but has a ever so slight leak from the FT screw area. You say replacing the rear bolt guide and sail orings will fix this? I have two questions, what orings are the rear bolt guide orings and what is the sail oring, and can I use a ninja pro slp reg or is it to, low. I'm using a pooty bolt if that helps, I was experiencing drop off earlier today, but I think it had something to do with my board settings. I set all settings to default, then ran tune assist and adjusted my dwell to 9. But sense I was getting drop off I experimented with my slp and added 2 shims, and now it's not experiencing drop off and I'm wandering if adding shims is making the pressure higher of an output from the slp or the dwell is what helped it.
013/016 in that order; I'd check those first; If it's still leaking after that, it's possible that the marker was over pressurized at some point and the solenoid is stuck forward.

If you added shims in your SLP, you brought the pressure up. Vapors need between 350 and 550 PSI, any less (like a normal SLP) and you get drop off, any more and your solenoid vents (to prevent further damage to the marker)
Old 02-11-2013, 08:42 PM #350
FRballer

Ripped a pod through it today pretty good actually shoots pretty nice, Machine also contacted me back quickly and they can replace that reg part if need be along with installing v3 parts and tuning the gun.... top notch customer service!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:27 PM #351
killaaz03

killaaz03 plays in the PSP
killaaz03 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
killaaz03 plays in the APPA D4 division
I just did your tuning software on my v3. Hopefully this will fix my 5-7th shot chop problem I have been having
killaaz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:18 AM #352
Joe13750

Joe13750 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Joe13750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Joe13750 is for the Gunfight
Joe13750 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by killaaz03 View Post
I just did your tuning software on my v3. Hopefully this will fix my 5-7th shot chop problem I have been having
I'm pretty sure the guide still needs to be updated for the v3 parts, so your settings will probably be lower than they should be following the current guide
#7 ORLANDO

2017 Atlantic City D4 Xball Champs
Joe13750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:59 PM #353
killaaz03

Well I shot 2 hoppers through it without a single chop so hopefully it worked. This weekend will be the real test lol. Marker wasn't that smooth. I thought they shot like a luxe sine that is basically what they are. It kind of shot like my geo2.1
Old 02-12-2013, 02:02 PM #354
Bussey

Quote:
Well I shot 2 hoppers through it without a single chop so hopefully it worked. This weekend will be the real test lol. Marker wasn't that smooth. I thought they shot like a luxe sine that is basically what they are. It kind of shot like my geo2.1
If these markers are not tuned to perfection, they don't.. Promod is working on a v3 tuning guid as we speak!
Old 02-12-2013, 02:03 PM #355
killaaz03

Quote:
If these markers are not tuned to perfection, they don't.. Promod is working on a v3 tuning guid as we speak!
Ahhhh well thank you sir!! I look forward to the new guide
Old 02-12-2013, 02:10 PM #356
Bussey

Quote:

Ahhhh well thank you sir!! I look forward to the new guide
Yeah, once you get them dialed in I've noticed the become Luxe killas
Old 02-17-2013, 06:37 PM #357
Captainhammertime

Getting my vapor in the mail in about 9 days or so and planning on tuning it ASAP. But before I tune it I'm planning on breaking it in obviously; how many cases should that take?
Bonebrake Angel A4 Fly
-The Bad Piggies-
Proudly sponsored by Field of Dreams | Briezy Hats Custom Beanies | www.YourPBFriend.com | Project-K
Captainhammertime is offline   Reply With Quote