Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-01-2013, 07:39 PM #1
NPPL_STAFF

Official NPPL NEO Thread

As everyone now knows PB Promotions has taken over the operations of the NPPL events. What this means to you, the player, is there is now a full time staff running the events who is available to ask questions and solve problems.

Most importantly we are here to make your next NPPL event experience a success.

We wanted to offer some contact info and open a thread to start answering questions for the our next event at OXCC June 7,8,9.

PB Promotions Staff:

Overall questions about the events, Vendor info and any directional talks going forward:
Shawn Walker - Shawn@pbpromotions.com

Team Registration and general inquiries:
Shannon Sanchez - Shannon@pbpromotions.com
Tracy Ring - Tracy@pbpromotions.com

Media Passes and other media inquires:
Jeff Oliver - Jeff@pbpromotions.com

You can also call our office 8am-5pm Pacific time 7 days a week at 714-758-5575

We will be checking PBNation regularly and look forward to talking to everyone soon.
NPPL_STAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2013, 08:48 PM #2
pmac2002

has been a member for 10 years
Good stuff NEO coming fast
Old 05-01-2013, 10:07 PM #3
BUCK BUCK #1

BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUCK BUCK #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:20 AM #4
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPPL_STAFF View Post
As everyone now knows PB Promotions has taken over the operations of the NPPL events. What this means to you, the player, is there is now a full time staff running the events who is available to ask questions and solve problems.

We wanted to offer some contact info and open a thread to start answering questions for the our next event at OXCC June 7,8,9.

PB Promotions Staff:

Overall questions about the events, Vendor info and any directional talks going forward:

We will be checking PBNation regularly and look forward to talking to everyone soon.
You gotta be kidding me.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:22 PM #5
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPPL_STAFF View Post

PB Promotions Staff:

It only took one bankruptcy and one almost bankruptcy to finally have something good come out of NPPL. Please for all our sakes, keep it up!

I am glad to see some people who haven't caused harm to NPPL in the past and hopefully know what they're doing are now in the leadership roles.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:13 PM #6
Sharpie_H8
Show. No. Love.

Sharpie_H8 plays in the PSP
Sharpie_H8 plays in the APPA D4 division
guess we'll see what happens this time?
Stuntin but never frontin, since 91.
Sharpie_H8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:41 PM #7
Shawn*Walker

Although I always accept criticism as well as appreciate the support, the main point of this thread is to offer ways to communicate with the new staff at the NPPL.

It's always fun to talk about the past and reminiscence about good and bad times. We can try and figure out what went wrong or right with the NPPL but I think the best thing right now is to work together to move forward as a sport.

Running and promoting events is a thankless job, and many people in our industry shoulder the responsibility because someone has to provide the service for everyone else. These people are often looked at harshly for decisions they may or may not have made. Chuck H.(NPPL), Lane W.(PSP), Chris R (NCPA/APPA). all have haters and supporters. I respect each of them for what they have done, and continually do to carry on the torch and put on quality National events.

I hope to continue with the success of the NPPL and do my best to earn respect from all stakeholders.
Shawn*Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:18 PM #8
ThizZ
Twisted D3-SD Pirates

ThizZ supports Shocker RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCK BUCK #1 View Post
hahaha best **** ever.
Looking forward to a improved NPPL.
ThizZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:28 AM #9
Nikilwig
Double Up

Nikilwig plays in the PSP
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Great. Looking forward to the event.

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Nikilwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:19 AM #10
pmac2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn*Walker View Post
Although I always accept criticism as well as appreciate the support, the main point of this thread is to offer ways to communicate with the new staff at the NPPL.

It's always fun to talk about the past and reminiscence about good and bad times. We can try and figure out what went wrong or right with the NPPL but I think the best thing right now is to work together to move forward as a sport.

Running and promoting events is a thankless job, and many people in our industry shoulder the responsibility because someone has to provide the service for everyone else. These people are often looked at harshly for decisions they may or may not have made. Chuck H.(NPPL), Lane W.(PSP), Chris R (NCPA/APPA). all have haters and supporters. I respect each of them for what they have done, and continually do to carry on the torch and put on quality National events.

I hope to continue with the success of the NPPL and do my best to earn respect from all stakeholders.
Very well put Shawn.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:02 PM #11
potato

potato is a Supporting Member
potato donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn*Walker View Post

The NPPL has failed 3 times. It has become expected. Why should people put trust in you if you do not care to at least acknowledge the miss steps from the past and, in doing so, prevent those from happening again? Why is it so hard to address the public opinion that you are not capable if people only have your own history in the NPPL and here on PBN https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3353909 as a means to judge? The rumors have done their damage so why not at least try to clear your name and offer a perspective going forward that doesn't just sell "for the good of the sport"?

I'm not trying to stir anything up. I do feel however my questions are reflective of others. I think a responsible figurehead would answer those fair questions rather then attempt to sidestep them or sweep them under the rug.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:02 PM #12
Sharpie_H8
Show. No. Love.

what are you going to do differently now? obviously what the nppl has been doing has not been working. For me to continue to pump my hard earned cash into entry fees, paint, traveling, hotels, and the like, it would be fair to know what your idea and plans are moving forward.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:27 PM #13
blackychan

blackychan has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
blackychan supports Shocker RSX
blackychan supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie_H8 View Post
what are you going to do differently now? obviously what the nppl has been doing has not been working. For me to continue to pump my hard earned cash into entry fees, paint, traveling, hotels, and the like, it would be fair to know what your idea and plans are moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potato View Post
The NPPL has failed 3 times. It has become expected. Why should people put trust in you if you do not care to at least acknowledge the miss steps from the past and, in doing so, prevent those from happening again? Why is it so hard to address the public opinion that you are not capable if people only have your own history in the NPPL and here on PBN https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3353909 as a means to judge? The rumors have done their damage so why not at least try to clear your name and offer a perspective going forward that doesn't just sell "for the good of the sport"?

I'm not trying to stir anything up. I do feel however my questions are reflective of others. I think a responsible figurehead would answer those fair questions rather then attempt to sidestep them or sweep them under the rug.
"We aren’t out to take it in the *** from the first person who wants to give us a shinny new nickel. We aren’t out to make the self appointed dick head team politicians famous. We are a team of players for the players. Our goal is to redefine the old ideas of how paintball should be played, even if it is just among a few." uprising nation
uprising support

DIAMOND HI
LL REIGN

PDX VEXX!!!!1st place 2012 NPPL World Champ D4 Race-to
PDX VEXX 2nd place WCPPL D4
blackychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:56 PM #14
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by potato View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie_H8 View Post
Old 05-04-2013, 06:43 AM #15
Shawn_Walker

I don't have any issues talking about my past or the history of the NPPL. I've answered all questions asked of me. I did multiple interviews 5 years ago when Pacific Paintball failed. Honestly, I really don't know what else there is to talk about concerning that. But if you have new questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

As far as what's new with this new direction of the NPPL, my plans are to strip away some of the "flash" and concentrate on the nuts and bolts of a quality paintball event. Work on the overall experience with relationship to the referees, costs and quality of the events. Once we build back a consistent and solid base then we can add back some of the "fun" features of the events. If we concentrate on the on-field experience first, the rest can fall into place.

Last edited by Shawn_Walker : 05-04-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Shawn_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:54 PM #16
potato

potato is a Supporting Member
potato donated to help Peyton Trent
Thanks for responding. I can imagine answering the same questions repeatedly could be annoying but I see it as part of the job. Chuck bringing you back for the second time obviously speaks volumes of his trust in you.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:00 PM #17
Sharpie_H8
Show. No. Love.

I'm anxious to play NEO either way, and I hope you pull through.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 AM #18
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL

I'm RickJames supports Pev's Paintball
I'm RickJames plays in the APPA D4 division
I'm really happy that Shawn is responding and has a staff that is willing to answer emails and phone calls... I spoke to Shawn about the direction of the league and I'm excited about where it's headed. Shawn really has a good, optimistic, attitude and I really hope everything works out.

(Me speaking as a paintball fan... not an employee)

Chris

Follow me on IG- @SportsVoice23

Proudly representing... PEV'S PAINTBALL, EMPIRE PAINTBALL, KEE ACTION SPORTS and BOB LONG
I'm RickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:18 PM #19
freerider007
Howie Wowie

freerider007 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
freerider007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
freerider007 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
What does the NPPL plan to do about the D2 division at NEO?? There are 3 teams registered but I know the TCP one of the 3 teams has dropped out. Bringing the total of D2 teams to 2. Are they planning on merging D2/3 or what?
Tippmann USA
NXE
CROSSOVER
VIRTUE
OH-IO
freerider007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:17 AM #20
BUCK BUCK #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by freerider007 View Post
What does the NPPL plan to do about the D2 division at NEO?? There are 3 teams registered but I know the TCP one of the 3 teams has dropped out. Bringing the total of D2 teams to 2. Are they planning on merging D2/3 or what?
I already told you, they'll just make the 2 D2 teams into "pro" teams.
BUCK BUCK #1
I N F A M O U S
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUCK BUCK #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:52 AM #21
Shawn*Walker

Jon- I answered you directly about the D2 teams already, but I wanted to make sure to post here as well. If you have further questions please let me know.

Thanks!
Shawn*Walker is offline   Reply With Quote