FatCitySoldier
Rage

has been a member for 10 years
FatCitySoldier has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Welcome to the Q
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2012, 03:22 PM #107
Deadly Milkman 2.0

Any reason I got a $499.99 check on July 6th? (still got all my paychecks.. that's extra for some reason..)

Mistake?
Old 07-13-2012, 04:32 PM #108
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada

Mr. Y2K is a Supporting Member
Mr. Y2K is a founding member
hands in pockets pay
lets you do whatever the **** you want

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Old 07-13-2012, 04:49 PM #109
Walrusface

DMM do you have a sgt catrain in your class?
Old 07-13-2012, 05:19 PM #110
Deadly Milkman 2.0

sounds familiar
Old 07-13-2012, 11:11 PM #111
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Picked friends up from their 8-hour today. They smelled like ***.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:08 AM #112
empire88

Does anyone know if I can have transportation move my truck from CA to texas? I dont plan on taking PCS leave when I get outta korea, but I might have to...
Old 07-14-2012, 08:38 PM #113
xFSUxlaxflip
Dr. Small Talk

xFSUxlaxflip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by empire88 View Post
Does anyone know if I can have transportation move my truck from CA to texas? I dont plan on taking PCS leave when I get outta korea, but I might have to...
take it coming back from Korea that PCS leave will be worth it especially if you are going to a deploying unit as they tend to lock down when you can and cant take leave through out the year. If I was you id take some even if its just to go home grab your truck and move it... youll even get paid for it.... the miles you drove that is... (I got like 1700 for driving from florida to colorado) so imagine....
Old 07-15-2012, 01:16 AM #114
JakeParkinson

plays in the NXL
JakeParkinson owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
JakeParkinson plays in the APPA D3 division
JakeParkinson has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
JakeParkinson supports Ninja Paintball
I don't think they will transport vehicles unless it is from overseas. You will probably have to take leave, pay someone, or have a buddy move it for you.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:03 AM #115
empire88

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFSUxlaxflip View Post
take it coming back from Korea that PCS leave will be worth it especially if you are going to a deploying unit as they tend to lock down when you can and cant take leave through out the year. If I was you id take some even if its just to go home grab your truck and move it... youll even get paid for it.... the miles you drove that is... (I got like 1700 for driving from florida to colorado) so imagine....
From what my command has told me, Korea has a 6 month stabilization afterwards unless you volunteer to deploy. I'm not sure the truthfulness to that since we've got another guy that said he got back from a 12 month deployment and 2 months later had orders to Korea. So...we'll see how that goes.

How would I file for that pay? It's a ~1500 mile drive so if they're paying by the mile i might be better off doing that than spending the $800 a car transporter would charge. My father said he'd do it, but i'd still have to pay for the gas, a night in a hotel, and the return flight (which would probably be the most expensive option.)
Old 07-15-2012, 09:02 AM #116
ChaseR

Quote:
From what my command has told me, Korea has a 6 month stabilization afterwards unless you volunteer to deploy. I'm not sure the truthfulness to that since we've got another guy that said he got back from a 12 month deployment and 2 months later had orders to Korea. So...we'll see how that goes.

How would I file for that pay? It's a ~1500 mile drive so if they're paying by the mile i might be better off doing that than spending the $800 a car transporter would charge. My father said he'd do it, but i'd still have to pay for the gas, a night in a hotel, and the return flight (which would probably be the most expensive option.)
When you are clearing you go to finance and transportation, you file travel vouchers for both, you can choose to get an upfront advance and I think it's like 70% of what it would cost.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:35 AM #117
Mr. Y2K
Prime Minister of Canada

Mr. Y2K is a Supporting Member
Mr. Y2K is a founding member
i'm so ****ing glad our clerk system doesn't look as ****ed up as yours

This is my witty remark.
Don't be hatin
Old 07-15-2012, 12:37 PM #118
xFSUxlaxflip
Dr. Small Talk

xFSUxlaxflip has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

member when you got to korea and you filled out a travel voucher with finance (DA 1351-2) youll fill that out again when you get to your next duty station and they will pay you for the drive...

Korea does not reset or really adjust your dwell time. You can be deployed very easily from a unit after you arrive... for example, a guy i was in korea with went to 4BCT /4th ID after we left korea... he got maybe 2 months total including his leave before his deployment..

Yes they do pay per mile.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseR View Post
When you are clearing you go to finance and transportation, you file travel vouchers for both, you can choose to get an upfront advance and I think it's like 70% of what it would cost.
Dont do this.. the finance offices in Korea are notorious for giving soldiers over estimates... which when you get to your next station could result in you oweing money instead of the other way around... I avoid advances from the military whenever possible.. id rather pay it out of pocket and have them pay me back then to owe them more because i assumed I knew what i was doing... dont bother saving your gas receipts they are worthless however, before you pack your car up to drive weigh it empty at a truck scale near you.. then pack your car and on the way out of town to start your drive weigh it once more save those tickets and then during in-processing go to the transportation office and they will pay you for a partial Do It Yourself Move....

BEFORE YOU LEAVE KOREA SEE IF THEY WILL GET YOUR PARTIAL DITY PAPERWORK STARTED

Last edited by xFSUxlaxflip : 07-15-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:08 PM #119
paintballty99
You's dead, brah.

paintballty99 donated to help Peyton Trent
paintballty99 supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFSUxlaxflip View Post
member when you got to korea and you filled out a travel voucher with finance (DA 1351-2) youll fill that out again when you get to your next duty station and they will pay you for the drive...

Korea does not reset or really adjust your dwell time. You can be deployed very easily from a unit after you arrive... for example, a guy i was in korea with went to 4BCT /4th ID after we left korea... he got maybe 2 months total including his leave before his deployment..

Yes they do pay per mile.....

Dont do this.. the finance offices in Korea are notorious for giving soldiers over estimates... which when you get to your next station could result in you oweing money instead of the other way around... I avoid advances from the military whenever possible.. id rather pay it out of pocket and have them pay me back then to owe them more because i assumed I knew what i was doing... dont bother saving your gas receipts they are worthless however, before you pack your car up to drive weigh it empty at a truck scale near you.. then pack your car and on the way out of town to start your drive weigh it once more save those tickets and then during in-processing go to the transportation office and they will pay you for a partial Do It Yourself Move....

BEFORE YOU LEAVE KOREA SEE IF THEY WILL GET YOUR PARTIAL DITY PAPERWORK STARTED
Also, pack that **** with sandbags for extra weight for extra money.

Originally Posted by Lyndon
Germans called Canadians storm troopers in WWI, not because we were good, but because we reminded them of Star Wars.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:19 PM #120
Deadly Milkman 2.0

puke on shoes, shirt, pants, wallet, car, iphone screen shattered, dick hurts

oh lawd..
Old 07-15-2012, 05:58 PM #121
FatCitySoldier
Rage

FatCitySoldier has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Old 07-16-2012, 10:57 PM #122
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballty99 View Post
Also, pack that **** with sandbags for extra weight for extra money.
Or buy 2,000 pounds of Quick Crete from your local Menards/Home Depot at your start point, and return them at the nearest one to your drop off point. **** the system.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:13 AM #123
empire88

does anyone have a calculator for the weight and mile pay?
Old 07-17-2012, 03:50 PM #124
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

ACAP is a pretty good workshop.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:22 PM #125
Deadly Milkman 2.0

Holy **** small world.. ran into my recruiter (actually a legit recruiter never ****ed me over/told me false ****) in my IUW class.. been 3 years as of July 6

Last edited by Deadly Milkman 2.0 : 07-17-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:58 PM #126
DarkEnigma
In Silence We Are Free

DarkEnigma donated to help Peyton Trent
DarkEnigma supports our troops
DarkEnigma is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
In Ocala FL for some Search and Extraction course. Woo.
Closed Thread