dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrad004 View Post
I had 2 v2 clones they were the worst shooting guns I have ever shot really crapy grips there guns all look the same... I had a revi they shoot good if you tune them they come with a kick *** case barrel kit and all the tools you need..maybe if macdev showed more innovation
Someone doesn't know how to take care of their markers then...
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:56 PM #45
The_Fresh
Doug

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrad004 View Post
I had 2 v2 clones they were the worst shooting guns I have ever shot really crapy grips there guns all look the same... I had a revi they shoot good if you tune them they come with a kick *** case barrel kit and all the tools you need..maybe if macdev showed more innovation
you're a *******. please quit paintball.
The_Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM #46
SKI008

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
How is this even a question?
Old 02-01-2013, 03:01 PM #47
Straight Silver
Straightest of Them All

Straight Silver has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I find this entire thread hilarious. It has been basically two pages of saying the rev-i is crap and the clone is awesome. There's been a heck of a lot of DP hate and some posts just saying they suck. No one bats an eye at this. Then one person comes on and says they don't like the clone, and suddenly everyone jumps all over him and crys foul. Come on people. If you're allowed to have your opinion and say the rev-i sucks, then you have to let others say the same about a marker you like.

It's a little childish.

(But yes, I do understand that macdev hating post did sound trollish, I'm just making a point)
Old 02-01-2013, 03:13 PM #48
blueshifty
John - conscious paradox

has been a member for 10 years
The problem is that "worst shooting guns" is reserved for spyders or something. You could hate on the grips or complicated design but a clone's shot quality is second to none. The v1 and v2 clones shredded valve orings but shot great.

Last edited by blueshifty : 02-01-2013 at 03:17 PM.
blueshifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:31 PM #49
Straight Silver
Straightest of Them All

I understand that. He was probably being overdramatic and sarcastic. But my point still stands. If you think the clone is better, then you reserve that right to your opinion. But don't just say that the DP marker sucks beyond belief. (An dim not speaking to you directly Blue)
Old 02-01-2013, 10:46 PM #50
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Silver View Post
I understand that. He was probably being overdramatic and sarcastic. But my point still stands. If you think the clone is better, then you reserve that right to your opinion. But don't just say that the DP marker sucks beyond belief. (An dim not speaking to you directly Blue)
You just said we have the right to reserve our opinion, but then you say don't just say DP markers suck. Isn't that an opinion though?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 PM #51
Straight Silver
Straightest of Them All

Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
You just said we have the right to reserve our opinion, but then you say don't just say DP markers suck. Isn't that an opinion though?
I suppose. But then so is the poster who said the clone's shot quality was the worst he's ever shot. Everyone jumped on him for that, even though they had being saying something of the same degree about the rev-i. So either he is allowed to say what he wants about the clone and be free from harassment, or he can't and is fair game to be attacked. The first situation means you can say anything you want about DP. The second however (which you all seem to have chosen) means you can't say anything you want about the rev-i unless it is supported by hard facts. Which to me at least, didn't seem to happen.

I don't think it is very fair to say in one post "DP blows and the rev-i sucks lol", then in another respond to a negative comment about the clone with "you can't just say something like that about a gun you idiot" (I paraphrased there a little)

Anyways, I am not supporting either marker, as I've never shot either. All I am trying to do is make people realize what they are saying and stop to think if they are acting in a hypocritical manner.

Am I making sense here?
Old 02-01-2013, 11:07 PM #52
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Silver View Post
I suppose. But then so is the poster who said the clone's shot quality was the worst he's ever shot. Everyone jumped on him for that, even though they had being saying something of the same degree about the rev-i. So either he is allowed to say what he wants about the clone and be free from harassment, or he can't and is fair game to be attacked. The first situation means you can say anything you want about DP. The second however (which you all seem to have chosen) means you can't say anything you want about the rev-i unless it is supported by hard facts. Which to me at least, didn't seem to happen.

I don't think it is very fair to say in one post "DP blows and the rev-i sucks lol", then in another respond to a negative comment about the clone with "you can't just say something like that about a gun you idiot" (I paraphrased there a little)

Anyways, I am not supporting either marker, as I've never shot either. All I am trying to do is make people realize what they are saying and stop to think if they are acting in a hypocritical manner.

Am I making sense here?
Yes, you are. But there is a difference between opinion and fact when it comes to how a marker shoots. It is a fact that a MacDev Clone GT shoots better than a Rev-i, there is no denying that. A person can think a marker sucks though, that is a matter of opinion, like the guy who said he thought the MacDev sucks (as wild as that may be, it's still an opinion. It just makes him look like an idiot because of how widely accepted the GT's are, and was most likely just a troll or kid).
Old 02-02-2013, 01:29 AM #53
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Which do you want? Ultra simple, inexpensive, not very efficient, not the smoothest or quietest spool OR complex bolt engine, expensive, efficient, very smooth and very quiet. If you want the first set, then get a DP. If you want the second set, get a GT.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:46 AM #54
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends X
MaG Adrenal1ne supports Team VICIOUS
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D5 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak22 View Post
As in your case
I was speaking from facts not the bandwagon. Fact of the matter is you can't post on this thread unless you have shot both these markers... Which 99% of the people commenting haven't.. they just jump on the DP sucks bus because their brother, mother, and great aunt have.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!

Last edited by MaG Adrenal1ne : 02-03-2013 at 01:51 AM.
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 AM #55
phillysteve
Theft Patrol

phillysteve is a Mega Moderator
phillysteve is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaa1236 View Post
Whys that? Because im being honest? i was only listed macdev markers because that was what the op was asking about. I havent owned a clone since 2011. I guess stating a fact in favor for a company makes you bias.
I hope you didnt take that post personally, if you like your revi shoot it and have fun. But its not as smooth as a clone/droid/dm/or even a nice shocker.

How exactly does one tune a revi?
Ill give you the answer, you dont.
You can set the dwell if you want, but markers without lpr's dont actually get tuned. They get "up'd"
Clones have been around for a while and still dont "kick like mules"
No way are revis so bad that it will completely throw you off, but they are are absolutely not as smooth or efficient or well made as a clone. Macdev has phenomenal quality control.
You don't use the auto-tune feature and decrease the bolt return speeds, just like you do with the manifold screw with a luxe.
phillysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:29 AM #56
o5pr3y
I hate my Username

o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaa1236 View Post
Swapping orings isnt tuning, its replacing parts and causes more problems than it usually helps. I mentioned dwell, you will be compensating for a lower dwell by increasing hpr, so youll gain almost nothing.
If you wanna call it tuning to feel like it made a difference, go for it. But even with new seals and a lower dwell the gun will shoot almost exactly the same as factory.

If it makes a difference in performance, then it is the defintion of tuning.
Shockers had clear firing cans

true, but only in severly limited runs and by people on PbN, not from a company.

Dp gauges go out too often for me to consider innovative

New ideas have bugs. If they had stuck with the idea more it might have worked better. Regardless, it was a new innovative idea.

The trigger idea was good.
Replies in Bold, sir.

Last edited by o5pr3y : 02-06-2013 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Spelling iz hurd
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:14 AM #57
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG Adrenal1ne View Post
I was speaking from facts not the bandwagon. Fact of the matter is you can't post on this thread unless you have shot both these markers... Which 99% of the people commenting haven't.. they just jump on the DP sucks bus because their brother, mother, and great aunt have.
How do you know for a fact 99% people in this thread have never shot a DP marker? Where did you come up with that number? lol. I've shot both, they both shoot nice, but the DP lacks in quality. It's like they put a gun together in 12 hours then started shipping it out. No care put into it. Had all the right ideas, just didn't put them into effect really. And the DP bandwagon can be compared to the people who defend DPs claiming how theres never went down if you use the right lube blah blah blah. While that may be true, there are a large majority of their markers that don't work out of box that have nothing to do with the owner messing with it or whatever. I would be very upset if I bought a new marker and found it had problems such as bad macroline fittings or a faulty board out of box.