Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 01:39 AM #64
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheWILLchoke View Post
The joy back center(sebban i think) had paint on him, when the hell did he get shot? Maybe when Alex called a paint check on him? You cant fake that much emotion...
Yes you can or you're not a real Pro player.
Get over it. NPPL has already removed the penalties on Joy.

Quote:
Hmmm, how about a rematch at HB 07? Oh wait Joy got schooled.
And so did Dynasty -in a BIG way.

As an up and commer like Joy 4th place is a really good season start, especially for a team that has no possibility of real paint practices in the winter season. They usually peak at mid- to late season. For the "reigning kings in blue" though, with their "we get paid to play paintball" and huge sponsor support and all year outdoors training weather 3rd is weak, especially since two other teams nobody bet on with less sponsorship and less glory proved to be the better teams that day.
Dynasty is really slipping this year. Did you see how they consistently got beaten twice in the finals when playing Impact? Twice in a row, and Impact made it look easy. Not good for Dynasty.
Impact and Oakland Blast played amazing though, they were the real winners of that tournament. In more ways than just taking 1st and 2nd. Impact showed themselves to be a team of great skill, but Oakland Blast had the greater endurance in the end.

So XSV seems out of the top bracket game, at least for the near future. But next NPPL we got Joy, Oakland Blast and Impact all very real contenders, and several of the great teams that didn't make the cut last time, like Ironmen (1 point from making the finals) will really be out for blood. And you may not know it but Naughty Dogs got game again. So next NPPL, we'll see what happens. Chances are Dyasty won't even makes the finals with so many evenly matched teams and probably the toughest opposition they've faced in many years. It will really be a fight for them this time and any one of these teams could take first place.
I'm rooting for Joy of course, but regardless the tournament will be great.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Angel One.

Last edited by Fargbollen : 04-25-2007 at 02:07 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2007, 01:40 AM #65
Idiosyncrisia
Shhh... Just embrace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheWILLchoke View Post
The joy back center(sebban i think) had paint on him, when the hell did he get shot? Maybe when Alex called a paint check on him? You cant fake that much emotion...

Hmmm, how about a rematch at HB 07? Oh wait Joy got schooled.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:12 PM #66
sheWILLchoke
T#12LLY

Don't count dynasty out, if anything Ironmen should win since they have a 300 acre training facility payed for by dye.

I dont care why joy lost, or why dynasty won, dynasty has been in there fussy slumps before and they pulled through for 3 more titles
Old 05-06-2007, 12:52 PM #67
04SpeedWDP

joy still should have won JOY FTW> we'll **** 'em next year. woot woot.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:43 AM #68
angel_octane_187

second vid explains it all so really no need for this long thread but oh well good job dynasty ftw
Old 05-24-2007, 03:28 AM #69
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_octane_187 View Post
second vid explains it all so really no need for this long thread but oh well good job dynasty ftw
It's AMAZING how some people still don't get this.
Joy shot out all Dynasty players on that field. That usually means you've won the game.
Refs only gave Dyasty the win after a lot of BS from some of the Dynasty players about overshooting and how this is a bannable offense as it's unsportsmanlike behavour (a claim that is stretching the rules more than a little). Without this argument their entire case of ever winning that game is moot. And this ban was later retracted by NPPL which means they recognise Joy not actually making that offense. Therefore Joy won, or should have won. Which everyone but a handful of deluded diehard Dynasty fans have realised long ago by now, halfway into the next season. I'm sure Dyasty knows this.

No video of this torunament shows Dyasty clearly winning. How can it when they were ALL marked, as in all eliminated. But one Joy player was still clean.

Especially Alex Fraige was very keen on this isssue calling Joy boys Unsportsmanlike and such things. This from the very player that ran around the field in the last seconds of the game making clear physical contact with what he could only consider a live player, as well as himself very clearly being eliminated and still not leaving the field, not even leaving the snake bunker intentionally obstructing the game. I can only imagine how many bans and penalties that would incur for a player from any other team.
I hope Dynasty understands they have to be better than this as role models for the new gen kids getting into paintball.

Since then Dynasty won the latest NPPL tournament. And they did it nice and clean. It's interesting to see that they did not have to resort to this sort of blackening or rule bending to do that. They simply played better and beat Impact fair and square in the finals. Probably because this season they're putting in the rigorous practice hours needed to be the top team again.
This is the Dynasty people really want to see, the Dynasty that stays on top with skill, talent and hard work. I for one hope this is the Dynasty we'll see for the rest of the year.

Also, since I'm obviously a Joy fan, I can't wait to see Joy in full vigour next NPPL, hopefully performing as good as last year.

Old 05-25-2007, 12:15 PM #70
The Foo

I don't get it, I've watched it over and over and it is clear that Dynasty lost so bad.

1. Fraige gets shot out. (Fraige stays on field)
2. Cole gets shot out (1 for 1. Fraige is still on the field and so is Cole)
3. Joy moves up field advancing as Cole still has his gun up, Cole fires at Joy (No arm band. Fraige is still here), Joy fires back. Fraige makes contact with Joy.
4. Cole hangs flag.

Seriously, I see no infractions on Joy's part and everything on Dynasty's part.

Dynasty stayed on the field, made contact, and shot another player when already out.

I guarantee if it had happened the other way around, Joy wouldn't have got the win.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:37 PM #71
The Foo

On a different note, here is a better video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umIvuOPXs2A
Old 05-28-2007, 08:56 PM #72
TeamShellShock
Collect All 16!

TeamShellShock is a Supporting Member
TeamShellShock supports our troops
TeamShellShock is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Foo View Post
On a different note, here is a better video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umIvuOPXs2A
And with another camera angle, another bunch of stuff come up.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:48 AM #73
drew_sdnf442

wow. the nppl ****ed up.....what a surprise. still dosent help for all u guys to post ur "evidence" which u get off different sites. i can understand if its magued arguing with the nppl, but i hate to break it to u all...what ur doing isnt helping. nobody who can influence the whole thing cares about what u have to say or what uve posted on here from a different site
Old 08-14-2007, 06:29 AM #74
Fargbollen
WDP certified airtech

WOW Drew, just WOW!!!

You do realise that
- This happened last year, almost a year ago now?
- Public opinion, as well as "evidence", as you so "eloquently" put it, unearthed by certain people on this thread did indeed help sway NPPLs decision in the matter in no small way.
- NPPL officially admitted they had been wrong and dropped the player suspension on Joydivision.

You sir are a bonafide idiot to resurrect the thread just to show your absolute ignorance in the case. This was all settled almost a year ago, and settled in Joys favor, at least to a point as their player suspension was completely dropped.

Last edited by Fargbollen : 08-14-2007 at 06:31 AM.
Closed Thread