Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-11-2013, 03:56 PM #1
Rover Lead

Superpug issues

Well, I paid a pretty penny for this superpug in January I think it was and I have finally gottn a chance to shoot it. After lubing and throwing in a twelve gram I found;

+- more than 15 FPS in between some shots

less than 30 shots @ 300 FPS on a 12 gram

no matter how fresh the paint it never wants to chamber the first and last ball in the stack (I got a custom springfeed option)

I've used several kinds of paint, I'm going to the field tomorrow, and I sure hope this thing performs. I mean, my hammer 7 is shooting better than this. Is there a break in period? Does this thing have a regulator in it? I'll call Palmers again on Monday, last time I was told that old paint would lead to a 50 FPS swing in between shots... I paid full price (didnt get the sale price) and now I realize it doesn't have that primer shot deal.

Anyone else with a Superpug have these issues?

Edit, there is a chance it was this crappy handheld chrono...

Last edited by Rover Lead : 05-12-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2013, 09:15 AM #2
Person

Person is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
How was it accuracy wise?

Any chance you were getting partial roll outs? Paint may be too small for it. In that case you will want to put some nail polish on the wedgits to beef them up and hold the paint more securely in the barrel. Nail polish is pretty durable, but incredibly easy to remove with some acetone (nailpolish remover) so it is a perfect thing to use to hold paint inside a closed bolt gun like this.

These guns do not have regulators except in the very real sense that the valve itself is a regulator.

It may be breaking in. If you cant tinker out the issues, contact PPS and they will take care of you. Sorry if it isn't working as expected.