dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshifty View Post
Sure you can... It's called the etha.

Also, a brand is not inherently more reliable than another. Designs or design philosophy may vary, but something is not suddenly more reliable because it is PE. How reliable is the cam operated valve system? Nobody knows yet. If brand names make a gun more reliable then I'd slap a PE sticker on a G6R so at least I could have a marker that shoots nice. (Excluding the lv1 which I haven't personally shot.)
Planet Eclipse isn't known for having the best shooting markers. Obviously there are some markers that shoot better, like the G6R in this case. But Planet Eclipse is known for their reliability, and easy maintenance. That is one major reason most people buy Planet Eclipse markers. They are also great shooters too. Haven't seen anything go bad with the ethas yet.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2013, 12:50 PM #23
blklight
Battle Rapping

blklight plays in the PSP
blklight plays in the APPA D4 division
Lv1, although dunno why you'd compare those two guns

PAINTBALL CLUB OF CHOCTAW
http://paintballclubofchoctaw.com
blklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:54 PM #24
blueshifty
John - conscious paradox

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
Haven't seen anything go bad with the ethas yet.
The springs were funky in the earlier batches. The ego9 was another egg on PE's face. Then there's the infamous "safety feature" frames. (Which was a brilliant marketing ploy to recover from an obvious design flaw.) All guns have their problems like all knights have dings in their armor. My point is nobody really knows how well the cam actuated valve system is really going to work, whereas, the vanquish is based on proven luxe technology. This thread really is premature, so most posts here are purely conjecture.

blueshifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:57 PM #25
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
The springs were funky in the earlier batches. The ego9 was another egg on PE's face. Then there's the infamous "safety feature" frames. (Which was a brilliant marketing ploy to recover from an obvious design flaw.) All guns have their problems like all knights have dings in their armor. My point is nobody really knows how well the cam actuated valve system is really going to work, whereas, the vanquish is based on proven luxe technology. This thread really is premature, so most posts here are purely conjecture.
I'll agree with you on the Ego 09 part, that is my least favorite ego lol. I don't think you can say that the vanquish is already a proven marker, but the same goes with the LV1, you can't say that is proven yet. Only time will tell XD
Old 03-06-2013, 01:00 PM #26
blueshifty
John - conscious paradox

I didn't say it was proven... I said it is "based" on proven technology. The board and pressure tester may be failure prone, so you're right, they may not be reliable. The engine, however, is based on the luxe which is pretty established.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:07 PM #27
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
I didn't say it was proven... I said it is "based" on proven technology. The board and pressure tester may be failure prone, so you're right, they may not be reliable. The engine, however, is based on the luxe which is pretty established.
True, we will just have to wait and see From talking to the guy who designed and programmed the Vanquish, and the sales rep for Eclipse down at Paintball Extravaganza, I think both of these markers will be very, very, popular
Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 PM #28
DMMan64
OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyballer099639 View Post
Between those two, it is a poppet v spool argument. I would say the LV1, but I think there are better options than those 2.
What are the better options?
DMMan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:38 AM #29
blueshifty
John - conscious paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMMan64 View Post
What are the better options?
Spool - Clone GT, V3 Vic w/ spool engine (I'm guessing)
Poppet - G6R

**Having not shot either of the 2 guns in the title my opinion is completely unfounded.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:53 AM #30
Goshawk
Deep South Baller

Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Sure you can... It's called the etha.
I know your comment is a troll but,

I have been shooting an Etha for about 18 months. Mine probably has 70-75 cases through it. I doubt you have shot one that much. It is not a $1500 gun, it is a $400 gun. For what it is, you can't go wrong with it or PE!

The LV1 is intriguing. The non PE folks for years have been complaining because there is no major difference between the models. Well here you guy, an Ego with major differences everywhere you look.
Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:17 AM #31
blueshifty
John - conscious paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
I know your comment is a troll but,

I have been shooting an Etha for about 18 months. Mine probably has 70-75 cases through it. I doubt you have shot one that much. It is not a $1500 gun, it is a $400 gun. For what it is, you can't go wrong with it or PE!
You really have no clue. The alternatives (in it's relative price range) are FAR superior in every single possible way. The drone dx isn't that much more expensive and it is smoother, quieter, more efficient, all metal except the eye covers, etc. The axe is smoother, quieter, more efficient, better customer service and macroless. Just because you like your etha doesn't mean, objectively, that it is a good gun.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:21 AM #32
brienpeppers

brienpeppers owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:

You really have no clue. The alternatives (in it's relative price range) are FAR superior in every single possible way. The drone dx isn't that much more expensive and it is smoother, quieter, more efficient, all metal except the eye covers, etc. The axe is smoother, quieter, more efficient, better customer service and macroless. Just because you like your etha doesn't mean, objectively, that it is a good gun.

"In Soviet Russia bunker hides behind you."
brienpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:34 AM #33
Goshawk
Deep South Baller

Quote:
But isn't that really what it is about? You find a gun you like and shoot it! Do I really have to show up with a new gun everytime I come to the field? I shot a Drone and did not like the PSP mode and don't they have terrible customer service? I tried out an Axe before I bought my Etha and really don't like how it fealt in the hands. PE's customer service is amazing. While I have never had to deal with Empire, if it is better than PE it really must be unbelievable!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:01 AM #34
blueshifty
John - conscious paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
But isn't that really what it is about? You find a gun you like and shoot it! Do I really have to show up with a new gun everytime I come to the field? I shot a Drone and did not like the PSP mode and don't they have terrible customer service? I tried out an Axe before I bought my Etha and really don't like how it fealt in the hands. PE's customer service is amazing. While I have never had to deal with Empire, if it is better than PE it really must be unbelievable!
The Drone programming has been updated and SHOOTNPOO (aka Eric aka Aggressive Sports) has completely turned around MacDev's stateside service.

Not liking how the axe feels is completely subjective... My point is that objectively the etha is a poor contender relative to it's competition. I could use the Geo just as easily because at ~$1300 it is completely outclassed by several other guns in that range (objectively) and is more on par with the Drone DX (functionally they are quite similar).

That discussion is here nor there... if you'd like to discuss it further then start an etha VS xxxx thread.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:56 AM #35
Goshawk
Deep South Baller

Quote:
The Drone programming has been updated and SHOOTNPOO (aka Eric aka Aggressive Sports) has completely turned around MacDev's stateside service.

Not liking how the axe feels is completely subjective... My point is that objectively the etha is a poor contender relative to it's competition. I could use the Geo just as easily because at ~$1300 it is completely outclassed by several other guns in that range (objectively) and is more on par with the Drone DX (functionally they are quite similar).

That discussion is here nor there... if you'd like to discuss it further then start an etha VS xxxx thread.
No need. I am not buying another gun because I have no money. I was not aware of the changes at MacDev. Again, I purchased about 18 months ago. Thanks for your opinions!
Old 03-10-2013, 06:46 PM #36
etek3ego11geo2.1

etek3ego11geo2.1 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
etek3ego11geo2.1 supports Team VICIOUS
etek3ego11geo2.1 supports Team VICIOUS
etek3ego11geo2.1 supports DLX Technology
In my opinion I would get the ego lv1, Im actually gonna pre-order it pretty soon. In all the videos ive seen you can tell it is A LOT quiter than the ego 11. When I watched a efficiency video of the Vanquish it seemed pretty loud. If you are still on the edge of which gun to get I would hold both of them and shoot them, and see which one you like better.
etek3ego11geo2.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:06 PM #37
MikeBuckler
MBYF

MikeBuckler owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MikeBuckler has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MikeBuckler supports DLX Technology
MikeBuckler owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Not from the reviews I've seen. If you want a butter soft shot with extreme efficiency the G6R with a LP poppet still seems to be the best option.

I took the tech class and personally shot the lv1.it will come with 2 rammers, one with slightly more kick, but extreme efficiency, between 1800-2000 shots off a 68/45. Kick is almost non existant and it's extremely quiet.
MikeBuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:18 PM #38
BatmanLiera

BatmanLiera supports DLX Technology
BatmanLiera supports Shocker RSX
BatmanLiera supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by etek3ego11geo2.1 View Post
In my opinion I would get the ego lv1, Im actually gonna pre-order it pretty soon. In all the videos ive seen you can tell it is A LOT quiter than the ego 11. When I watched a efficiency video of the Vanquish it seemed pretty loud. If you are still on the edge of which gun to get I would hold both of them and shoot them, and see which one you like better.
I like your sig
BatmanLiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:25 PM #39
blueshifty
John - conscious paradox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBuckler View Post
I took the tech class and personally shot the lv1.it will come with 2 rammers, one with slightly more kick, but extreme efficiency, between 1800-2000 shots off a 68/45. Kick is almost non existant and it's extremely quiet.
Not that I don't believe it, but I'm willing to wait and see. Ryan (Lurker27) says this ego is the real deal so I'll give it the benefit of a doubt but will have to see to believe since it's such a deviation from what they've done in the past.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:02 AM #40
tegan765
FOREVER UNITED CLOTHING

tegan765 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tegan765 plays in the APPA D4 division
tegan765 supports DLX Technology
I shot the lv1 at the Cfoa event last weekend there were 2 of them out there. I shoot a luxe but 4 people on our team shoot geo 3s so we were able to compare it side by side. First off the lv1 shoots nothing like any Other ego from the past years. "Kick wise" it honestly feels like the gun Is barely shooting 285 I had to crono it. It felt like a really tuned in axe u know when u shoot and it feels like your only shooting 200fps but ur really in the 290s. It has a nice drop shot to it but sounds wise next to a geo3 it's tit for tat. The lv1 sounds identical to a original geo. also the forgrip is composite plastic I thought from the pics it was gunna be rubber and wear to **** in a couple months just like any other planet eclipse grips. I liked egos back in 07 and 08 but the technology now a days with how quite these markers are that are coming out I never shot another ego after 09 never had the urge to shoot a loud cracking ego. The lv1 does not have that cracking ego sound it sounds more like a pop just like ye original geos. My opinion pick up the lv1 if I wasn't so mad on how the vanquish turned out and picked up a new 2.0 and I would have just waited to shoot the lv1 like I did I would be shooting a lv1 this season. Sorry for the long write up but just wait until u shoot one and u will see what I mean. There is no comparison to any other ego in the past
Old 03-12-2013, 02:11 AM #41
svt.cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegan765 View Post
I shot the lv1 at the Cfoa event last weekend there were 2 of them out there. I shoot a luxe but 4 people on our team shoot geo 3s so we were able to compare it side by side. First off the lv1 shoots nothing like any Other ego from the past years. "Kick wise" it honestly feels like the gun Is barely shooting 285 I had to crono it. It felt like a really tuned in axe u know when u shoot and it feels like your only shooting 200fps but ur really in the 290s. It has a nice drop shot to it but sounds wise next to a geo3 it's tit for tat. The lv1 sounds identical to a original geo. also the forgrip is composite plastic I thought from the pics it was gunna be rubber and wear to **** in a couple months just like any other planet eclipse grips. I liked egos back in 07 and 08 but the technology now a days with how quite these markers are that are coming out I never shot another ego after 09 never had the urge to shoot a loud cracking ego. The lv1 does not have that cracking ego sound it sounds more like a pop just like ye original geos. My opinion pick up the lv1 if I wasn't so mad on how the vanquish turned out and picked up a new 2.0 and I would have just waited to shoot the lv1 like I did I would be shooting a lv1 this season. Sorry for the long write up but just wait until u shoot one and u will see what I mean. There is no comparison to any other ego in the past
why are you mad about how the vanquish turned out?

FT. Campbell KY/ Clarksville TN/ U.S. Army

(\__/) put this bunny in your sig so he can acheive
(='.'=)world domination!!!
(")_(")
svt.cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:58 AM #42
miyo00124
Prospects For Life

miyo00124 supports Team VICIOUS
miyo00124 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
miyo00124 supports DLX Technology
vanquish or go get a luxe 2.0