Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-05-2010, 11:20 AM #22
Hakimullah Mehsud

Hakimullah Mehsud owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Well i cant speak for the rest, but when Marcus Luttrell and the rest of that team went out they werent supposed to get into a firefight, just watch for a HVT and when he was spotted they were going to either kill, capture or call in to have him captured. Then come back out. So since humping and possibly shooting an M-60 isnt the quietest thing they probably opted not to bring any heavy weapons. I could understand a 203 tho.

Its been a while since Ive read the book or any other material on Luttrell's story so I could have missed something or been slightly off on that
Hakimullah Mehsud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2010, 11:28 AM #23
FatCitySoldier
Rage

has been a member for 10 years
FatCitySoldier has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
That's about right on. I do believe it was a scout mission for the HVT and they had 2 Long Range rifles with them when they actually went out in case the order came down to engage the HVT. But you're correct, I don't think a single one had any heavy guns. I feel like they did have frags however, when he was talking about making their last stand, I know they were throwing grenades. This may have been a picture before they left for that mission and weren't quite kit'ed up for it yet.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:47 AM #24
Hakimullah Mehsud

Hakimullah Mehsud owns a Planet Eclipse Ego

This is it, the Mk.12
Hakimullah Mehsud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:25 PM #25
underdog_153

big fan of the trigger on that thing
Old 03-06-2010, 09:28 AM #26
solrflare

solrflare is a Supporting Member
solrflare donated to help Peyton Trent
zerker, the few seals that roll around on our compound here all have suppressed socom pkg M4s
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Emerson
The AR is like a prom queen. The AK is like a biker chick. Treat both accordingly.
solrflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:52 AM #27
berserker19

berserker19 is an NCPA player
They must have a different approach to things than we do.. In the ranger world they like to make as much noise and put down as much fire as possible to take control in a fight, so we take as many guns and as much ammo as we can carry. different philosophies I guess.
berserker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:01 PM #28
penguin_style25
Matt Daaaammmoonn

Ya but it depends on time, circumstances, and events. Those guys are usually going into areas where they don't plan on being compromised and having to engage a massive enemy force. Not to mention that in that particular operation that Luttrell was involved in they chose not to bring heavy guns because they were on a surveillance mission in STEEP-AS-**** terrain which would have made an m-60 or 240 not only impractical but a detriment to the mission from the noise it would make from just carrying it. At least thats how explains it in the book.

I think suppressors are just for killing dogs for the most part. That and SEALs just like to look cool.

Edit: I shouldnt have said "dont plan on being compromised". You always plan for being compromised.

Last edited by penguin_style25 : 03-06-2010 at 12:13 PM.
penguin_style25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:09 PM #29
penguin_style25
Matt Daaaammmoonn

Heres a Video of me at the shooting range a couple days ago. Shootin an FNP.