PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-28-2012, 07:37 AM #1
NastE-imp

NastE-imp has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Trolling?

I was trolled, and countered that troll. Then for Being involved I get a ban. When the true troll I'm sure didn't get an infraction.

I love how mod's condone a behavior that is borderline trolling, and when it does get out of hand you infract the people who he trolled just for being involved.

If you have access to my particular situation, please view. As I was unjustly banned and would like this penalty removed although served.

This troll, should have been kicked days before I did. However it was through poor discretion that it didn't happen.

NastE-imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2012, 12:41 PM #2
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

FallNAngel is a Mega Moderator
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VIII
You admit yourself that you trolled, which is never ok; we didn't infract you when you were an innocent bystander. Because you were trolling and received an infraction, you were banned due to point accumulation; it wasn't an outright ban. Keep in mind you cannot see other users infractions
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
FallNAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:16 PM #3
NastE-imp

I admitted to countering a troll, who should have Been kicked 2 days before for telling people he "reported" them which I have seen people get banned for that without point accumulation. That should have atleast been a warning, then when he trolled the second time, it should have been a ban. It was not however, because I'm sure the initial warning/infraction was never issued.

Please don't tell me what I have admitted to and what I didn't admit to! It's this insensitivity that I'm talking about. I haven't put words in your mouth, so why is it okay for a mod to do it to me?

It's not considered trolling if you were the one being instigated to respond. I was constantly instigated, and nothing happened. When it became an issue, I get banned.

Last edited by NastE-imp : 09-28-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:21 PM #4
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastE-imp View Post
I admitted to countering a troll, who should have Been kicked 2 days before for telling people he "reported" them which I have seen people get banned for that without point accumulation.
I would like to see this and would also like to know how you know he was banned outright without point accumulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastE-imp
That should have atleast been a warning, then when he trolled the second time, it should have been a ban. It was not however, because I'm sure the initial warning/infraction was never issued.
Warnings don't have point values and it's rather rare that we ban outright. So how do you know he wasn't warned the first time and infracted the second?

Quote:
Please don't tell me what I have admitted to and what I didn't admit to! It's this insensitivity that I'm talking about. I haven't put words in your mouth, so why is it okay for a mod to do it to me?
Sorry, I read "I countered the troll" as "I countered with trolling". In either case, the fact of the matter is, you responded to trolling by escalating the situation as opposed to reporting and ignoring it. If you disagree, go read the quoted text in the PM you received from the infraction and let me know how what you said shouldn't be considered trolling.

Quote:
It's not considered trolling if you were the one being instigated to respond. I was constantly instigated, and nothing happened. When it became an issue, I get banned.
Whether you're admitting to it or not, it *is* what you did and yes, even if you're the one being trolled, responding with trolling can earn you an infraction... you're still trolling/instigating whether you started it or not.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
Old 09-30-2012, 08:44 PM #5
NastE-imp

Quote:
I was constantly instigated, and NOTHING happened. When it became an issue, I get banned.

You need not reply, as I already know what the response would be.

Last edited by NastE-imp : 09-30-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:36 AM #6
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Perhaps the moderator(s) that viewed it didn't agree that you were being trolled. Perhaps a moderator didn't even get to view the reported post until after you responded. In either case, all you did was escalate the situation by responding the way you did. Next time, please report the post and otherwise ignore it.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:08 AM #7
NastE-imp

Perhaps you instigated this response, instead of "need not replying". Perhaps your'e a borderline troll as well. In either case you don't have be the one get the last word (i believe it's called beating a dead horse)

I show great perspectivism, and it angers me when all you do is counter that by using elementary tactic's such as; putting words in people's mouth, and giving unsatisfactory responses like your last one.

Can I request a higher up mod, that's not sarcastic.... John, or jmorisaki or somebody to help me understand how when this guy instigated by saying "reported", how that didn't get a warning or infraction, when it clearly warrants it? Then 2 days later, the troll still didn't get infracted after I WAITED for it to happen. And never did, thus the flame war to find out how far one could go, since the line was so habitually crossed (and still is).

And his particular infraction situation isn't what I'm concerned with. However, I have the right to know where this line sits. I should be able to learn from other peoples mistakes, instead of having to make mistakes on my own, and inadvertently getting banned in the process... I only kept the conversation the "norm" in the thread, and pretty much receive a banning because of participation. Mind you there was another mod participating the whole time. And saw my banned statement, and continued to participate in the thread's conversation... Such inconsistency

Old 10-01-2012, 11:50 AM #8
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
I took a look at the line of conversation you were in when you drew your infraction. Looking at just your post, I agree with the 2-point trolling infraction. Telling someone to have a taste of their own condescending butthole medicine is pretty blatant trolling. I also looked back to the post that brought on your infracted post. It looked more borderline to me, but that's without having been involved in that thread. It may have been enough to draw a warning or infraction. I generally look at someone's history. If they've had prior warnings or infractions for trolling, I'm less lenient.

There's no specific "line" as to what will or won't draw an infraction from any given moderator here. We're all as unique as anyone else, and some give more leeway in some situations. Some don't. One thing that DOES generally get our attention is when something is reported. So - did you report the other member who you considered to be trolling, or did you just fire back?
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:12 PM #9
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Quote:
Can I request a higher up mod, that's not sarcastic.... John, or jmorisaki or somebody to help me understand how when this guy instigated by saying "reported", how that didn't get a warning or infraction, when it clearly warrants it?
I actually don't see anywhere where anyone in the thread said "reported" or even "report" ... including deleted posts. I'm wondering if you were infracti-banned for a post in a thread other than what you're thinking; because you didn't receive the infraction for responding to someone who said "reported"
Old 10-01-2012, 05:01 PM #10
NastE-imp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout
One thing that DOES generally get our attention is when something is reported. So - did you report the other member who you considered to be trolling, or did you just fire back?
I ain't no snitch, but I did report multiple times. Nothing happened. Currently on a different thread it has taken you(the mod's) 2 days to infract someone for using the worst homosexual slur you can make. Thanks pump scout for taking this more serious!

And troll mod, thanks for doubting me (again) and letting me know that somebody covered his "reported" term, and I know just who it was.

So we have mod's that will cover for people instead of infracting them? Good to know pbnation

Old 10-01-2012, 05:27 PM #11
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Quote:
And troll mod, thanks for doubting me (again) and letting me know that somebody covered his "reported" term, and I know just who it was.

So we have mod's that will cover for people instead of infracting them? Good to know pbnation
1. Let's drop the "troll mod" talk, ok? Insulting the moderators who are trying to help you isn't a good way to get your issues addressed.
2. When anyone (yes, even moderators) edit a post, it still says "last edited by <user>" which none of the deleted posts have. No one is "covering up" anything.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:22 PM #12
NastE-imp

Quote:
I took a look at the line of conversation you were in when you drew your infraction. Looking at just your post, I agree with the 2-point trolling infraction. Telling someone to have a taste of their own condescending butthole medicine is pretty blatant trolling.
I could have said something else... Condescending butthole medicine is over the line? Would it still be over the line if it was just "condescending medicine"??? Can I post more derogatory word's than butthole that get said on a regular basis in that thread?

Quote:
I also looked back to the post that brought on your infracted post. It looked more BORDERLINE to me, but that's without having been involved in that thread. It may have been enough to draw a warning or infraction.
Only to prove my point
Quote:
I love how mod's condone a behavior that is BORDERLINE trolling, and when it does get out of hand you infract the people who he trolled just for being involved.

Quote:
I generally look at someone's history. If they've had prior warnings or infractions for trolling, I'm less lenient.
He had prior's he even bragged about them around the same time. Again, I could careless about what his penalty was. I just think I was unjustly banned, as I said something that fit into the parameters of normal in that thread.

Fallnangel, I don't know how much nicer I can put this, but please stop responding! I already know where you stand, and your point has been made. Stahp!

And understand that "reported" was covered by a mod, as the offender would have no reason for taking it down. He wouldn't know he crossed line if nobody told him.

Last edited by NastE-imp : 10-02-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:40 PM #13
NastE-imp

Serious allegation above. And what does pbnation do about it? Nothing

Old 10-05-2012, 04:12 PM #14
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

USAFWD is a Moderator
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
USAFWD plays in the APPA D4 division
USAFWD is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Trolling and insults are never allowed, regardless of whatever past behavior or comments you feel may have been in that thread. People breaking the rules does not justify you or others doing so. Just because it was said/done does not mean it was condoned by PbN staff. We can't monitor every thread and we rely on members to report rules violations they find. You don't need to tell people they are reported for them to know they have crossed the line. Report the post and let the moderators handle it from there. It is really that simple.

In your case, you were found to be breaking PbN rules and were infracted accordingly. It wasn't a punishment, but simply a corrective measure taken to help steer you back onto the path of following the rules. In the future please do not feed trolls. Report the post(s) and ignore them.
USAFWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:05 AM #15
NastE-imp

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFWD
Trolling and insults are never allowed, regardless of whatever past behavior or comments you feel may have been in that thread. .
Do you hear yourself? "I feel their may have been?" I don't think, I KNOW. This statement would be similar as me saying, you THINK you're a good mod. I show great perspectivism, but when it comes to something this concrete, I KNOW what happened! Please don't tell me otherwise, that I may have "felt that their was inconsistencies."

So then how come mod's can be pretentious and mock your intelligence (trolling) without any repercussions? By using such non-concrete words to define something with complete definition.

Quote:
People breaking the rules does not justify you or others doing so. Just because it was said/done does not mean it was condoned by PbN staff. .
IT WAS CONDONED, AGAIN. A MOD PARTICIPATED IN THIS CONVERSATION!!! And reporting went unnoticed for DAYS ON END!

Quote:
We can't monitor every thread and we rely on members to report rules violations they find. You don't need to tell people they are reported for them to know they have crossed the line. Report the post and let the moderators handle it from there. It is really that simple. .
So why pretend to? Why pretend to be this perfect entity that doesn't make mistake's? When clearly your whole system is flawed. Instead of giving me this uninformative, hardly related, automated response

It really isn't that simple, so quit making is seem so... It took days for you guys even to figure out that you were only going to ban me! And it took another post days to delete, even after the damage of him saying it, was already done!

Quote:
In your case, you were found to be breaking PbN rules and were infracted accordingly. It wasn't a punishment, but simply a corrective measure taken to help steer you back onto the path of following the rules. In the future please do not feed trolls. Report the post(s) and ignore them.
WHAT RULES? NO RULES ARE EVER FOLLOWED ON THIS THREAD! Again, condescending butthole medicine isn't bad compared to what is said on a normal basis. And from now on, I will report every single injustice, and WATCH NOTHING HAPPEN. Then I'll quote you, and then quote this aforementioned thread, just to prove you wrong. Spiteful I know, but it would get it through your head, that your "reporting" theory is bullspit, just so you can stop pretending it's flawless on ttma.

No response to Mod's covering things up... Instead you give me a textbook response, which actually didn't answer much from my previous post. It must be another cover up attempt instead of actually tackling the problem at hand.

Quote:
You don't need to tell people they are reported for them to know they have crossed the line.
WTF are you talking about? People will cut out stupidity, or really bad flame's.

But never in the history of thread site's has anybody ever removed their term "reported" just because they knew it would get them in trouble. If they had that sentiment, then it wouldn't have been said in the first place. (ESPECIALLY This person, so don't give him more credit than he deserves).... And shame on your USAFWD for proposing different, and justifying the troll!

Can't we just have a mod that's a straight shooter? One that doesn't think their system is better than the judicial system?

Last edited by NastE-imp : 10-08-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:00 PM #16
NastE-imp

Where have all the good mod's gone? Any mod who won't just jump in without reading everything first? so they don't repeat something another mod says.