but they took our jobs!!
Advertisement
Old 12-08-2012, 04:16 PM #86
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
I have personal experience with this one. Just because someone can walk doesn't mean they don't need a handicapped spot. For example, people with degenerative joint conditions can get handicapped parking passes because they basically have a mileage limit on their joints. Too much use and the joints inflame and they are constantly deteriorating to boot, so the longer they have to walk, the shorter the joints will last. Eventually they will need joint replacement. Especially in the case of a young person, the medical goal is to make the natural joints last as long as possible before needing replacement and to try to make it so the person does not need to have multiple replacements of the same joint in a lifetime.

So it's best that you accept that you aren't smarter than doctors and are far more ignorant than you think. Best to not hate on people with medical conditions you are lucky not to have.
Might look into this since I have degenerative arthritis in both my shoulders. After all, I swing my arms when I walk, so that counts for miles on those joints.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:33 PM #87
Animal_Mother (Banned)

I know a guy with a disabled tag on his F350 with an 8 inch lift. He apparently can't walk more than x feet but he is perfectly okay when he's jumping in and out of his truck.
Animal_Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:34 PM #88
Wolffyhardt

Wolffyhardt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wolffyhardt has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Wolffyhardt has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother View Post
I know a guy with a disabled tag on his F350 with an 8 inch lift. He apparently can't walk more than x feet but he is perfectly okay when he's jumping in and out of his truck.
You just described the parking lot of a Wal-Mart.
Wolffyhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:38 PM #89
marcozombie

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
So you can do one of the following:

1) Buy him the vehicle YOU think he should get in and out of if you are so concerned or

2) Find yo bidness and mind it.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:07 PM #90
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 plays in the MiLP
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolffyhardt View Post
You just described the parking lot of a Wal-Mart.
holy **** i lol'd
Old 12-08-2012, 10:20 PM #91
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
holy **** i lol'd
Hmm..... I didn't find it too funny. Actually I didn't find it funny at all.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:28 PM #92
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

You don't need to be near death to have a handicap parking permit.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:29 PM #93
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 plays in the MiLP
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Hmm..... I didn't find it too funny. Actually I didn't find it funny at all.
Guess it's because I'm from Arkansas
Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 AM #94
Animal_Mother (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post
So you can do one of the following:

1) Buy him the vehicle YOU think he should get in and out of if you are so concerned or

2) Find yo bidness and mind it.
Meanwhile a disabled senior citizen has to park a mile away because some jerkoff in his mid 20's thinks he's special enough for preferred parking.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:58 AM #95
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Meanwhile a disabled senior citizen has to park a mile away because some jerkoff in his mid 20's thinks he's special enough for preferred parking.
Doesn't depend on what the patient thinks, it's what the doctor thinks.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:40 PM #96
Animal_Mother (Banned)

It does matter what the patient thinks. I highly doubt a doctor is going to stalk a patient and make sure he's using his handicapped parking privilege. Or if the doctor knew the person was driving a jacked up truck, I doubt they'd receive a handicapped parking tag anyway. Then again, they might. There's a lot of dumb **** doctors out there too.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:55 PM #97
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
Awaiting Email Confirmation

republicans voting to let their monied constituencies screw over the unfortunate

this is new and exciting
Fuzzy R. McNuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:04 PM #98
Animal_Mother (Banned)

No one has yet to explain how exactly this screws over the disabled. This treaty changes no laws, it changes nothing in this country at all essentially.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:17 PM #99
marcozombie

Quote:
another all knowing, all powerfull medical brain on the case...
Old 12-09-2012, 04:18 PM #100
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
Awaiting Email Confirmation

so why do governments even bother with these kind of votes
Fuzzy R. McNuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:22 PM #101
marcozombie

Quote:
It does matter what the patient thinks. I highly doubt a doctor is going to stalk a patient and make sure he's using his handicapped parking privilege. Or if the doctor knew the person was driving a jacked up truck, I doubt they'd receive a handicapped parking tag anyway. Then again, they might. There's a lot of dumb **** doctors out there too.
What in the hell are you talking about? Doctors diagnose what condition you have and determine if you need that parking pass or not...NOT what kind of car you drive.

Both my parents and my brother were allowed the blue plaques...all three for different reasons.

Jesus, what are you even try to argue here?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:43 PM #102
Animal_Mother (Banned)

The first sentence of your quote was in response to gonzo. And you still haven't answered what country you went to that had such horrible medical facilities for disabled people. I'm willing to bet it's a country that signed this worthless treaty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post
As someone who has been to another country to observe and compare treatment of persons with disabilities I can comfortably say that you have absolutely no idea what in the hell you are talking about.

Quote:
Which country are you referring to? I've been to plenty of other countries that took care of their disabled people without signing some nonsensical treaty. And either way, say the US signs this treaty. What happens if another country doesn't do things the way we do? Do we impose sanctions? Invade them?

EDIT correction: Most of the other countries I have been to have signed the treaty, whether the signing was before or after I was there I don't know.
So you don't have to page back to find it

Quote:
This treaty was a waste of time and I'm glad it didn't go through. The vast majority of disabled people in this country are properly taken care of, along with the vast majority of disabled people in countries that someone would want to study abroad in. As far as the UN goes, they can **** themselves and I want my country to have nothing to do with such a haphazard and *** backwards organization.

This was my post you originally quoted. Instead of actually providing substance as to why or how I was wrong you just say I have no idea what I'm talking about. You used to be a somewhat decent poster, what the hell happened?

Last edited by Animal_Mother : 12-09-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:50 PM #103
marcozombie

Quote:
The first sentence of your quote was in response to gonzo. And you still haven't answered what country you went to that had such horrible medical facilities for disabled people. I'm willing to bet it's a country that signed this worthless treaty.

This was my post you originally quoted. Instead of actually providing substance as to why or how I was wrong you just say I have no idea what I'm talking about. You used to be a somewhat decent poster, what the hell happened?
When I was doing internship hours for my special education degree, I had the chance to spend time in Mexico (about 40 hrs) and experience their educational system in relation to special populations. It was a pretty easy comparison to make because there was no comparison: Our special populations in the U.S. are treated, funded, and legaly protected on a level that you can't even imagine. To say that we are superior in this area would be an understatement. As a teacher of young adults with disabilities, a sybling of a person diagnosed with a lifelong/lifetime disablility and the son of two seniors with disablities I can with all honesty tell you that if the U.S. is not THE best on this issue, we are pretty damn close. In my opinion, not signing this treaty fails to aknowledge the great example this country has set for the rest of the world to follow. I find if funny that we like to thump our chest when it comes to the military (with good cause; its the bigest and badest), but not do the same when it comes to this issue.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:21 PM #104
Animal_Mother (Banned)

I can't say with certainty because I can't find a list of countries that have signed the treaty, but I'm guessing that Mexico was among the 155 countries that have signed it. I honestly don't think other countries will think that we don't care for our disabled just because we didn't sign this treaty. I think even the most uneducated and backwards third world countries know that we take care of our disabled, so I can't imagine us not signing this treaty will change anything in the world what so ever.

Don't make the assumption that I agree with the dick measuring we do around the world under the guise of spreading peace and democracy. I'm sick of sacrificing American lives in dusty **** hole countries, and I'm sick of pissing away trillions on people that will never pay us back.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:21 PM #105
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
I can't say with certainty because I can't find a list of countries that have signed the treaty, but I'm guessing that Mexico was among the 155 countries that have signed it
What point are you trying to make here? If mexico has lacking standards, then it's great they signed.