PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 11:23 PM #43
Darkapollo

has been a member for 10 years
If you have never seen a shot go wild and over even a 20' net then you are delusional. If it were just a matter of tarps and burlap do you honestly think that fields would bother to spend the money on the PROPER equipment?
Hell no.
You obviously think this is a great idea. No one here will ever be able to talk sense into you.
Way to be a total selfish *** and cause more harm then good for this sport WHEN you get sued.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:50 PM #44
NHballer90

NHballer90 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NHballer90 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
NHballer90 supports Team VICIOUS
NHballer90 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiladelphia View Post
And, well, just because - I decided to include a general 'how-to' guide for opening a paintball field.

[1] Get a job that doesn't pay by the hour and that actually has medical benefits.
[2] Move out of your mother's basement.
[3] Set up a booth at the next Nerd Convention and sell all your Warhammer and Dungeons & Dragons paraphernalia to other geeks for a sizable profit.
[4] Continue to show up for that new job, slacker - I don't care if it's hard.
[5] Cultivate a few real world friendships - online friendships will stunt your social growth.
[6] In your spare time, learn 'Business 101'. For an additional challenge, research 'sales', 'marketing', and even 'basic hygiene' just for fun.
[7] Observe and report how a local paintball field works.
[8] Read a book that isn't a comic book or a graphic novel. Try 'Business for Dummies'.
[9] Maybe work part-time at an already established paintball field as a ref to learn the business from the inside.
[10] Talk to paintball field suppliers for a list of necessary products and equipment and their costs.
[11] Develop a business strategy.
[12] Take a shower. Thinking makes you sweat.
[13] Research insurance options.
[14] Take all your Nerd Convention profit money and invest it in your paintball field if you didn't already blow it on the latest Anime box set. Buy or rent equipment.
[15] Open your field on a a very small scale, expanding as your needs and capital flow dictate.

And remember, huge percentages of businesses fail in the first few years. So don't cry, because actually you look fat when you cry.
one of the funnest responses yet!

Gearbag Sale, everything Cheap and OBO
Old 01-10-2010, 03:41 PM #45
igotblueballs93

You also asked in your original post, "is this a good or bad idea?"

So far every response has been that its a bad idea, and somehow you're still convinced that its a great idea.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:51 AM #46
pbnemy2

yeah NH, that's a REAL GOOD CHRISTIAN attitude, isn't it? condoning that kind of immaturity, and malice. are you sure your hypocrisy isn't showing yet?

well, the idea of PROMOTING inter-faith activity is my main point, NOT whether there should be insurance provided, i know that is a risk, to not have a policy.

for the second time, i have to say, the tarp/cloth barrier is going to go OVER THE TOP of the netting, NOT the sides. so, can we please get the correct inention of what i wrote settled, ok? believe it or not, i DID have to take SOME science classes, and we DID discuss-even on a limited basis-the effects of inertia, gravity, force, blah blah, on objects.

Last edited by pbnemy2 : 01-11-2010 at 11:00 AM. Reason: changed text
Old 01-11-2010, 11:13 AM #47
NHballer90

hahahah, you just really dont get it don't you, dude i gave you tip's on what i know and what do u just drop criticism me? humm some one doesn't seem ready to own a field, why don't you just give this idea up like i did to mine. your looking into spending around 30k on this field. and ditch the tarps and get netting extensions, it will look like a hobo field with the tarps. and your going to need more netting, if your doing a speedball field you will need 500 feet of netting to make it go all the way around.

and dude i just thought the post was funny right... That was really why i said that.
But not having insurance will put you at a huge risk.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:37 AM #48
kaeli0430

kaeli0430 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kaeli0430 supports Team VICIOUS
dude where i play is where we all got together and put in cash basically my money and bought everyhting we need.. I have netting over 25 bunkers, a shed with tanks for air, a chrono, tools, and a **** ton of paint I buy in bulk. water, I also have a small and mean small shop in my garage if some kids need parts or hoppers and ect.... and a bunch of old farts playing paintball. I pay some of my friend kids to ref. I am open every sat and sunday, we started this for fun, Im not trying to make any money I dont need to.. Im doing this for myself and friends and ther kids to have fun playing paintball, yes I have waivers.. and yes my refs keeps close tabs of peoples prop equipment, and safety rules... if you doint have the proper stuff, well I do so you can use mine.. so man have fun and build your field.. no wandering the sport of paintball is dying dont listen too anyone... did i mention I have had my field up and running for 4 years now and nothing has happen....

Last edited by kaeli0430 : 01-11-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:48 AM #49
Kiladelphia

You asked the entire forum if your idea was a good one. So YOU invited criticism when you asked this and then tried to defend it - nobody else is to blame here. You can't ask our opinions and then be sad and angry when we say its not a good idea.

I've read all the posts. Nobody attacked you until you stubbornly refused to believe that your idea was a bad one.

Opening a paintball field is not a bad idea, but the way you wanted to do it was wrong, dangerous, and borderline illegal. Your behavior and method of defending your idea shows your own lack of reality. You brought this on yourself. Next time DON'T ASK FOR AN OPINION IF YOU AREN'T READY TO RECEIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:01 PM #50
NHballer90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiladelphia View Post
You asked the entire forum if your idea was a good one. So YOU invited criticism when you asked this and then tried to defend it - nobody else is to blame here. You can't ask our opinions and then be sad and angry when we say its not a good idea.

I've read all the posts. Nobody attacked you until you stubbornly refused to believe that your idea was a bad one.

Opening a paintball field is not a bad idea, but the way you wanted to do it was wrong, dangerous, and borderline illegal. Your behavior and method of defending your idea shows your own lack of reality. You brought this on yourself. Next time DON'T ASK FOR AN OPINION IF YOU AREN'T READY TO RECEIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.
100% right

Old 01-11-2010, 12:03 PM #51
NHballer90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeli0430 View Post
dude where i play is where we all got together and put in cash basically my money and bought everyhting we need.. I have netting over 25 bunkers, a shed with tanks for air, a chrono, tools, and a **** ton of paint I buy in bulk. water, I also have a small and mean small shop in my garage if some kids need parts or hoppers and ect.... and a bunch of old farts playing paintball. I pay some of my friend kids to ref. I am open every sat and sunday, we started this for fun, Im not trying to make any money I dont need to.. Im doing this for myself and friends and ther kids to have fun playing paintball, yes I have waivers.. and yes my refs keeps close tabs of peoples prop equipment, and safety rules... if you doint have the proper stuff, well I do so you can use mine.. so man have fun and build your field.. no wandering the sport of paintball is dying dont listen too anyone... did i mention I have had my field up and running for 4 years now and nothing has happen....
private field? if its not im glad you take care of your customers, but i would recommend insurance if you have not gotten it already. thats the way to make a field, not for profit but for fun.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:02 PM #52
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnemy2 View Post
yeah NH, that's a REAL GOOD CHRISTIAN attitude, isn't it? condoning that kind of immaturity, and malice. are you sure your hypocrisy isn't showing yet?

well, the idea of PROMOTING inter-faith activity is my main point, NOT whether there should be insurance provided, i know that is a risk, to not have a policy.

for the second time, i have to say, the tarp/cloth barrier is going to go OVER THE TOP of the netting, NOT the sides. so, can we please get the correct inention of what i wrote settled, ok? believe it or not, i DID have to take SOME science classes, and we DID discuss-even on a limited basis-the effects of inertia, gravity, force, blah blah, on objects.
The problem isn't wrapping the real netting with an additional layer of cloth or tarp. It's the use of tarp instead of netting. Just a reminder - the resistance to the wind generated by using a solid material like tarp will put tremendous pressure on your netting posts. Chances are that the use of tarp that high off the ground will result in snapped posts and a failed netting system.

High school physics class does not provide you with adequate knowledge of paintball safety.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:00 AM #53
pbnemy2

LOOK NH, i am NOT, repeat NOT, trying to make a commercial field right now, it is just for someplace fun for people to come, if they have their own equipment, then they can bring it, or i can provide some player kits/bunkers/(hopefully) netting, to pitch in. THAT IS IT, nothing else.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:03 AM #54
NHballer90

YOU WILL STILL NEED INSURANCE get it stuck into your head. INSURANCE IS A MUST. alright dude stop being ignorant i was going to do the same thing as you, but in any field insurance is a must

Old 01-12-2010, 01:05 PM #55
biggums
Come at me bro

biggums plays in the APPA D5 division
pbnemy your are an enemy to paintball by opening this field without the proper prep when the incident that gets someone injured happens not only will it be against you but this community in a whole we have enough negativity related to us as is (with all the kids that just go out and shoot random things) we dont need you to open a field and have a kid get injured because your stupid grow up and mature alittle more before diving back into this other than that hope to see your "local boy injured at illegal paintball field in fresno california" headline on cnn.com

Kids... if you really want to piss off your parents buy real estate in an imaginary place.
Facebook
Paintball Adventures Park-JS Photography-Unsigned Photos
Old 01-12-2010, 01:16 PM #56
Kiladelphia

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbnemy2 View Post
LOOK NH, i am NOT, repeat NOT, trying to make a commercial field right now, it is just for someplace fun for people to come, if they have their own equipment, then they can bring it, or i can provide some player kits/bunkers/(hopefully) netting, to pitch in. THAT IS IT, nothing else.
You know what... I think I've exhausted too much effort trying to get through to this guy. He'll fail. His ideas and corner-cutting are way too awful for him to succeed. Nowhere will there be any organization stupid enough than to let this guy go forward with this.

That's a good call: He is an enemy to paintballers everywhere who love the game. There is no difference between him and the jerkoffs that shoot homeless people with markers from a van.

Congrats pbnemy2, you really have achieved the level of bottom-feeder. Please continue to prove my point by replying.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:56 PM #57
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is an Administrator
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy supports Bob Gurnsey
Pbnemy2, I don't think you've really thought this through. Or if you have, you have some misconceptions as to what kind of liability you're exposing yourself to.

Deciding to not run this as a business does not free you from liability. Instead, it puts you PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE for anything that might happen. Should somebody get hurt, their lawyer is going to go after everyone involved. That includes you, the church, and anybody who has helped organize, ref, or otherwise organize the game.

Being personally liable means that everything you own is subject to being seized to help settle any judgments rendered by the courts. That includes your house, your car, and anything else of value. A judgment can also damage your credit rating and will follow you for years.

And for what it's worth, a waiver will not prevent you from being sued. It's up to the judge to determine whether or not your waiver shields you from personal liability. That's done during trial, meaning you'll still have to hire an attorney to defend you.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:58 PM #58
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Your discontent with the marker hits rule commonly followed at commercial fields does not justify risking the safety of others.

This has gone far enough. Thread closed.
Closed Thread