Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-29-2016, 10:51 PM #1
tmussachia3

Looking to get into Mag Fed, need advice!!

Looking to get into mag fed and need some advice!
looking to pick up a Tippman tmc remote line, vest, tank,etc. Need recommendations on everything and im on a budget so nothing crazy expensive!

Thanks!
tmussachia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2016, 11:09 AM #2
scribbleheli

There are many options for markers. So to each his own.
I use the TIPX. But thats what works for me.

I would suggest taking a real hard look at your requirements of gear and what your game plan is for play. What works for me might not work for you.
I play on a tiny tactical type field. So this is my set up

I always suggest a straight line remote over the coil. It was one of those "Gaaahhh, why did I wait 2 years to try a straight line over a coil" type things. I like the push to connect. But slide check with also work. Make sure to get one or the other.

The TMC is a tippmann 98 in a new shell basically. Which can run COČ I believe. Now, this depends on your climate. But I would try it with COČ first for a while. And maybe try and borrow a HPA tank before you buy one to see if its better. I bought a 68/3000 steel tank because it was cheap. Then I was given a couple 68/3000s fiberglass. And then a 68/4500 Carbon fiber tank. And I ended up going back to a 12oz COČ. I live in central cali. So its normally warmer and I dont have to worry about the liquid COČ being an issue. On HPA the TIPX was only in the 230 range. On CoČ I'm at 259 ± 2 (Limit is 260). Do you want to be light weight and mobile? Or will a big tank on your back flopping about be Ok? I cant stand floppy anything. Its why I don't use a dump pouch or leg holster either. I am a stupidly aggressive player though. With the running and sprints and jumping and hurtling and what not.

So what I mean is how are you gonna play? Your going magfed. So limited paint. How limited? 4-6 mags or 11-15 type player? Your tank will depend on how many mags you have really. No sense on going on to the field with 500-1000 rounds worth of air if you only have 120 on your person. The amount of air you carry should only slightly exceed the amount of rounds you can shoot. My 12 oz COČ will actually last a couple of days for me.

The vest I have been using,
And I just changed it to a similar but lighter weight one. (My Xmass gift from family).

The absolute most important piece of gear is a mask.
Get a GOOD COMFORTABLE mask. Seriously, If getting a good mask means you can only afford 2 mags instead of 5. GET THE GOOD MASK!

Unless you have some experience already. There isnt really a good way to put it in an analogy. A good mask with make or break your day.

The whole budget thing, just requires Patience. If you know what you are looking for. Shop around for the best deal. Go though online sales and clearance sections. Don't be afraid of buying used. Except for clothes.. I...I just cant buy a used mask or like pants/shirts. I have never washed my mask foam...And I know how sweaty I get..
scribbleheli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:16 PM #3
LuebkerJ

@scribbleheli I know this is a bit off topic, but I noticed your in-mask mic setup. nice idea. can you talk a little more about what you did there?
LuebkerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:54 AM #4
Punishers Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
I think this depends on the player and the budget. Personally, I have been impressed with the Tippmann TMC.

If you plan to shoot First Strike rounds, then you would need to look elsewhere as the TMC does not support First Strike. Otherwise, this gun gives you the ability to use mags, or a standard loader. In my opinion, the TMC is best used with a remote line, vest and tank setup.

Rough Price estimate- $410

TMC - 200$

Tanks- Co2 or Compressed air can be used. We suggest compressed air. 100-150$ Depending on tank and size. ( We have some used tanks in stock that could save some money)

Vest- At Punisherspb, we are really excited about NcStar Chest rigs although are a few good options. Approx. $30

Misc.- Remote lines Approx. 30$

Side Note- We will be releasing a quick and dirty review of the TMC soon. We will be selling our Demo gun that we review at a cheaper used price. If interested just message us! We can custom make a package for you.

-Colby
Old 01-11-2017, 01:52 PM #5
Striker121

I like the look of the TMC but the magazines are a big unknown for me. Any personal experience with those? How easily they can be taken down and cleaned is a big question I have. I've seen a number of people go "They're awful clamshell designs that you can't open" but they also have never used them so it's not the most reliable advice.
Striker121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:50 PM #6
freedummy
BOOM! Headshot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker121 View Post
I like the look of the TMC but the magazines are a big unknown for me. Any personal experience with those? How easily they can be taken down and cleaned is a big question I have. I've seen a number of people go "They're awful clamshell designs that you can't open" but they also have never used them so it's not the most reliable advice.
"Awful clamshell design" can be said about EVERY mag, not just Tippmann's. That being said, you can open them, and they even have a nice little feature to make them easier to reassemble.

Old 01-14-2017, 04:46 PM #7
ABOMBZ

Go DAM or go Home. So consistent, Only use Mags and first strikes and literally no Breaks and always on point. I had a t9.1 and an M17 and both chopped paint like crazy. Just picked up a Carmatech Supremacy scope to go with my rifled barrel and itching to get back on the field and pick people off! Coupled mags and I usually only go through no more than 40 rounds per match with 4-5 kills consistently
ABOMBZ is offline   Reply With Quote