p8ntcheck45 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
p8ntcheck45 is a Professional paintball player
p8ntcheck45 is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheck45 works for a Paintball manufacturer
 plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmurgen View Post
Don't all these " pro " teams fall in the same category as the NFL replacement refs ? Just because you are on TV making calls don't make you a legitimate ref and guess what happened ... The game suffered.

This is the same thing. These teams aren't legitimate. They wouldn't stand a chance against established pro teams. All the actual pro teams pulling out Is truly the best thing for all these scab pro teams because at least the competition level will be similar and they won't look completely silly getting torn up every event. Now all the ****ty pro teams will battle for 2,3, and forth after dynasty coasts into first every event.

I loved 7 man, it WAS a great league. And it really does bother me to see these teams that have no business calling themselves PRO running around in a fake league with crappy teams crapping on what I grew up caring so much about.
Haters gonna hate. We give it our best out there, love the format, have fun with it and are looking forward to this season regardless of who is on the other end. I can take criticism and it doesn't bug me, but exclusive nppl pro teams take this sport just as seriously as psp teams, and put forth top level commitment and drive to compete at the top tier of our little sport. When you make fun of the nppl pro division, you're spitting on my years of hardwork and dedication to get to where I am today. I don't really appreciate that, whatever, I play for the love of the game not your approval. Sucks to have lost some of the big dogs in our league, but that's the way of the road. I'd rather have new rearranged teams of different competitive players in the pro division then no teams at all. 7 man is our preferred format, and I am happy to see nppl is still chugging along and doing what they can to make things work. Yes there are obvious shortcomings, but regardless I can't wait to see what this season brings

Plus, we all know every divisional player *****ing about "unqualified pro teams" is just jealous they didn't get an opportunity to step up. Feel free to come to the next open uprising try outs if you know you can hang.
www.JimmyHickeyphoto.com
p8ntcheck45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2013, 03:37 AM #23
jedi1354

jedi1354 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntcheck45 View Post
Haters gonna hate. We give it our best out there, love the format, have fun with it and are looking forward to this season regardless of who is on the other end. I can take criticism and it doesn't bug me, but exclusive nppl pro teams take this sport just as seriously as psp teams, and put forth top level commitment and drive to compete at the top tier of our little sport. When you make fun of the nppl pro division, you're spitting on my years of hardwork and dedication to get to where I am today. I don't really appreciate that, whatever, I play for the love of the game not your approval. Sucks to have lost some of the big dogs in our league, but that's the way of the road. I'd rather have new rearranged teams of different competitive players in the pro division then no teams at all. 7 man is our preferred format, and I am happy to see nppl is still chugging along and doing what they can to make things work. Yes there are obvious shortcomings, but regardless I can't wait to see what this season brings

Plus, we all know every divisional player *****ing about "unqualified pro teams" is just jealous they didn't get an opportunity to step up. Feel free to come to the next open uprising try outs if you know you can hang.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:15 AM #24
pmac2002

Quote:

AMEN Brother
Old 02-26-2013, 08:05 AM #25
shredxcam

I didn't start this thread to hate
I wanted to see if any pro teams were left In nppl
And which old names had stuck around

Will be interesting to see if an old pro team dominates or if new talent prevails
Old 02-26-2013, 12:18 PM #26
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by ego0956 View Post
I think the outlaws will suprise all of u.... they got a few very solid players and im excited to see how things go for them....they won d1 dc last year and they will b strong this year
They also added some solid pro players in Lasoya and Paxson.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:34 PM #27
bunkerinu
Champion of the People

plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
bunkerinu plays in the APPA D1 division
Did you guys hear about the new nppl pro team Montana Mayhem? sponsored by Carhart and Tippmann.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:19 PM #28
sumorai
FRENCHIE

sumorai is a Moderator
sumorai is playing at Living Legends V
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceColdCricket View Post
... I have to consider the fact that Damage and Heat didn't exist until recently.
Damage is far from being a new team. They may have only played NPPL for a few years, but they've been Pro in PSP for 5 years now, and were around in the divisional ranks for years before that.

HEAT may be a new team, but the majority of the players have been playing for years on Aftershock, All Americans and Russian Legion.

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
sumorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:25 PM #29
TheGrimReeper
Rage Against The Machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerinu View Post
Did you guys hear about the new nppl pro team Montana Mayhem? sponsored by Carhart and Tippmann.
lol this is just getting insane!!
-2012- 1st place PSP D2 Galveston Island, 4th place PSP World Cup
2012 Sponsors:
Empire/Hinkle PB/
FTJ Construction
Bird of Paradise Liquors
TheGrimReeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:28 PM #30
shmurgen
SMA New G #1

shmurgen is a Supporting Member
Quote:

How strange ... I feel very similar. To me, it is a complete slap in the face to the 20yrs I have spent in the sport that players with NO NPPL experience can pay an entry fee and play in the Pro division of a league that I once held in such high esteem.

I just had a similar discussion with someone who has been in paintball since just about the beginning and I respect very much. I understand that alot of the players on these teams are talented players. I also understand that some of them are probably legit players who have earned the shot to be there. But the way this whole situation is breaking down is ludicrous. You can't muddy the pro pool and then expect to retain any respect. If you truly have put years in this sport like I have then this situation is also unfair to you. Because the reality is, the NPPL is on its last leg. If this is your pro outing and the league folds after this year, there will always be an ** next to this whole debacle as the " replacement pros ". The players brought in to fill spots when the real teams bailed.

As a competitor, do you want to take your brothers out on the field and know you are playing against the best in the world because you and them worked your *** off and deserve to be there. Or do you want to walk on the field against anyone that was willing to throw out the money so they could be "pro" ...

Whatever it takes
Cru Vs. Everybody
shmurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:42 PM #31
paintsprayerrr

paintsprayerrr plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
paintsprayerrr plays in the APPA D1 division
What about Chicago Legend, are they playing this year?
paintsprayerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:49 PM #32
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

plays in the NXL
Quote:
How strange ... I feel very similar. To me, it is a complete slap in the face to the 20yrs I have spent in the sport that players with NO NPPL experience can pay an entry fee and play in the Pro division of a league that I once held in such high esteem.

I just had a similar discussion with someone who has been in paintball since just about the beginning and I respect very much. I understand that alot of the players on these teams are talented players. I also understand that some of them are probably legit players who have earned the shot to be there. But the way this whole situation is breaking down is ludicrous. You can't muddy the pro pool and then expect to retain any respect. If you truly have put years in this sport like I have then this situation is also unfair to you. Because the reality is, the NPPL is on its last leg. If this is your pro outing and the league folds after this year, there will always be an ** next to this whole debacle as the " replacement pros ". The players brought in to fill spots when the real teams bailed.

As a competitor, do you want to take your brothers out on the field and know you are playing against the best in the world because you and them worked your *** off and deserve to be there. Or do you want to walk on the field against anyone that was willing to throw out the money so they could be "pro" ...
Obviously we want to play the best, and no doubt I agree it sucks loosing those respected pro teams. But a full division is better than no division.
www.JimmyHickeyphoto.com
Old 02-26-2013, 05:34 PM #33
dps093
I like Flexes

dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports Ninja Paintball
dps093 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintsprayerrr View Post
What about Chicago Legend, are they playing this year?
Nope, their team broke up, and they quit the sport altogether.
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:54 PM #34
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

plays in the NXL
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by dps093 View Post
Nope, their team broke up, and they quit the sport altogether.
Many of their players play for PSP teams as well. With the scheduling conflict and probably other factors, I would suspect many of the players could not commit to the full NPPL season. The team owner, Dennis, decided that it was time for him to leave the sport.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:23 PM #35
robs45
Big Man

robs45 donated to help Peyton Trent
robs45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
robs45 is Immortal
robs45 supports DLX Technology
robs45 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Obviously we want to play the best, and no doubt I agree it sucks loosing those respected pro teams. But a full division is better than no division.
So you are ok with allowing a team with hardly any nppl experience and mostly d3 psp players. Over moving up the top 4 d1 teams that have played and are experienced. Most of the other new teams have experienced players mostly d1 and some pros, I will give them their due. Just think that teams should have an approved roster and be approved by all parties like years past.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:30 PM #36
Cory688
Can't ban the snowman

Cory688 is a Supporting Member
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
I just wonder if Godspeed, Triple Tap, or Ice Men will come back as pro teams.

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black

Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:56 PM #37
IceColdCricket
Silent But Deadly

IceColdCricket is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
Damage is far from being a new team. They may have only played NPPL for a few years, but they've been Pro in PSP for 5 years now, and were around in the divisional ranks for years before that.

HEAT may be a new team, but the majority of the players have been playing for years on Aftershock, All Americans and Russian Legion.
Our definitions of recent are very different. But I see your point about pedigree. Although I hear that some of the new teams have "established" PRO talent.

Quote:
I don't see what the big deal is. This is not a new concept. The restrictions on the pro divisions were a relatively recent (see what I did there?) development.

oops, meant to add: Bad teams will fail on their own.

Last edited by IceColdCricket : 02-26-2013 at 06:59 PM.
IceColdCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:45 PM #38
p8ntcheck45
Hot Bread Z!

plays in the NXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by robs45 View Post
So you are ok with allowing a team with hardly any nppl experience and mostly d3 psp players. Over moving up the top 4 d1 teams that have played and are experienced. Most of the other new teams have experienced players mostly d1 and some pros, I will give them their due. Just think that teams should have an approved roster and be approved by all parties like years past.
If I am not mistaken, the window is open to all d1 teams to make the bump at any time if they go through the right outlets, have a reasonable competative roster, and are approved by the board. Obviously we want the highest competition available on the other side of the field, winning a professional event should never be an easy task. So yes, a team made of entirely d3 players is less appealing and obviously does not belong at the professional level. A respected d1 team does deserve the opportunity to step up over a no name team (energy being the dynasty 2) That being said, I am unaware of any team that doesn't have some skilled veterans backing the team. And even then, having a few lower tier teams isn't really a bad thing, new blood is good and its nice to see some fresh faces who want to play seven man at the top level.
www.JimmyHickeyphoto.com
Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 PM #39
anti55hero

plays in the NXL
What new pro teams have no NPPL experience? Crush? How do you know a team has no NPPL experience? NPPA doesnt show players past events like APPA does.

Join the SWPPL Senate - https://www.facebook.com/groups/200861693364334/

Phoenix CONTACT - Powered by - BOB LONG, VIRTUE, VALKEN, HK ARMY, SLY, GOG, CENSYS DESIGN LAB,
anti55hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:59 PM #40
booboodinosaur

booboodinosaur owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
booboodinosaur owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
booboodinosaur owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
"Train like a pro and in time you will be a pro".
booboodinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:25 PM #41
TheOnlyJuelz
Live By The Gun

TheOnlyJuelz is a Professional paintball player
TheOnlyJuelz plays in the APPA Pro division
TheOnlyJuelz supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredxcam View Post
Vendetta? Can't remember if they won or placed top 3 last year
l
We got 4th at DC last season, ****s hard...
We were a d1 team in psp before getting an opportunity
With Vendetta
Seattle UPRISING #00
Facebook
Instagram

Last edited by TheOnlyJuelz : 02-28-2013 at 10:27 PM.
TheOnlyJuelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:25 PM #42
RavinX13
PewPewPew

RavinX13 is BST Trusted
RavinX13 plays in the APPA beginner division
RavinX13 supports Empire
I understand that many people do like the 7-man format, but it is quite obvious that the Race-To format is the overall favorite (hence NPPL moving Pro that way last year.) I honestly think that the two leagues are holding our sport back. We need to find a way to merge them (AFL & NFL anyone?) and help move the sport forward, instead of one league constantly on life support and another that is doing ok.

RavinX13 is offline   Reply With Quote