Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
You'll need a laptop simply for the software. I had an alienware m11x and used it specifically for that purpose. Loved it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-18-2012, 10:28 AM #1640
Carapace
+KA-B00M+

Carapace is a Supporting Member
Carapace supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by msonic View Post
You'll need a laptop simply for the software. I had an alienware m11x and used it specifically for that purpose. Loved it.
As far as laptops are concerned, if you have the money... Only way to go is Alienware!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:30 AM #1641
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Treading on dangerous ground here probably.... But....

It seems the general makeup of society is much weaker now days plus the fact that social media will help to blow up any problem. It just appears to me that the majority of today's lower echelon military personnel do not have the grit of yesteryear's troops. Someone gets involved in a firefight and resorts to meds and counseling for the rest of their life.
Seeing as alot of dudes in for awhile have been in TWO wars and have MULTIPLE deployments, id say alot of the ptsd is from a little more than "1 little firefight". Its the airplane crashes, children coming to you with burn wounds and mutilated, every piece of trash you drive by could be an IED, getting blown up more than once, taking fire and not being able to return because some **** head officer doesn't want a political incident in his career, finding one of your friends killed themself in the (bathroom, bunker, truck), not trusting the Iraqi's/afghani's your supposed to work with; wont shoot you in the back during a mortar attack, getting mortared..... Every.... Single.... Day....,

Ontop of all that : your supposed to fly home and act normal. Pulling the trigger isn't the problem for my generation. The problem is living surrounded by choas and violence, and being expected to transition back to order and tranquility.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:36 AM #1642
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnburglar

Seeing as alot of dudes in for awhile have been in TWO wars and have MULTIPLE deployments, id say alot of the ptsd is from a little more than "1 little firefight". Its the airplane crashes, children coming to you with burn wounds and mutilated, every piece of trash you drive by could be an IED, getting blown up more than once, taking fire and not being able to return because some **** head officer doesn't want a political incident in his career, finding one of your friends killed themself in the (bathroom, bunker, truck), not trusting the Iraqi's/afghani's your supposed to work with; wont shoot you in the back during a mortar attack, getting mortared..... Every.... Single.... Day....,

Ontop of all that : your supposed to fly home and act normal. Pulling the trigger isn't the problem for my generation. The problem is living surrounded by choas and violence, and being expected to transition back to order and tranquility.
I'm watching the national geographic embedded movie....intense **** in Afghanistan. Unreal. I feel for the troops in fire fights.

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
Old 11-18-2012, 11:05 AM #1643
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Moderator
msonic is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post

Not taking anything away from them.

I work (at my hospital) around people from 3 generations that have been in multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. Some grunts and most in the medical field. The oldest of them were treating casualties in Afghanistan from military to civilian. Would it not be for their lean physique, you wouldn't even get a hint they served. The youth are just the opposite. You know they were shooters and movers but, at least those who I know handle themselves very well.

All 3 of my uncles and my dad were in Vietnam during the nasty stuff. 1 was recon. All saw horrible atrocities from civ to military. Yet they all came home, had kids, lived great lives and became financially sound as it were.

Yet, you only know of their past from story time. Otherwise, they were just great men who worked hard and told funny jokes.

I have a Combat dvd series from the Military Channel and heck, you can see the difference in Gulf War vets from today's vets simply in their interviews. It seems what never changes though, is spec ops. Those guys are some hard mofos no matter what goes down.

Bottom line, not facing the enemy head on whilst having to deal with ieds and civilians that would sooner kill you than help you is not what most have mind when they join up. The days of seeing your enemy head on are over for the most part. Mainly because no one can go toe to toe with us, anywhere.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:12 PM #1644
rammstein_5v2
Idontfeelanditfeelsgreat

Mmm ptsd. I love it

... Not.

The problem msonic. Is back then wars were different, and so was the knowledge on ptsd. Having anxiety in walmart because of the crowds nowadays is ptsd, before it would be " oh your just getting used to being back"

It doesnt help that when you get back instead of relaxing all bull**** happens, then new people come to your troop and the good ones leave, then political bull**** and faulty leadership make it worse and keep people wound up, and then people get packets denied to go back over with the next deploying brigade.

So your stuck, in a place you dont want to be, with people you dont like, and constant bull****, and never being left alone. And all you want is to be over there, where its awesome. You do your job, shoot guns, smoke, drink, have fun in the looming entity of possible agonizing death. But you cant go back there, and you have to wait a long time to either go back, or get out and try to have a normal life.

How consistent
How can someone so consistently mess up as much as
Every instance
How can someone inconsistent mess up so consistently
Old 11-18-2012, 12:18 PM #1645
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Moderator
msonic is Immortal
lol @wallmart.

Anyone can have ptsd there... Just go in late at night..... Scary folk come out to stock the shelves then....
Old 11-18-2012, 03:09 PM #1646
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
As far as laptops are concerned, if you have the money... Only way to go is Alienware!
You have to be ****ing kidding me.

For what you said you need, look into a simple laptop.

You can get away with a tablet, but music editing and whatnot may be a tad bit too much to handle consistently.

Toshiba, Samsung and MSi make really good lower end laptops that still have enough processing power and grit as well as build quality.

Alienware is like DYE. If that example won't fix it for ya, idk what will.

My mom has an M11x and ****ing loves it.

For a gaming laptop, it's ok and you can definitely game on it like it says it's cut out to do, but not so well before overheating and slow buses make you pull hairs that you still can't play much on high without it being somewhere cold and inconvenient.

What's your budget and how much physical **** will it risk going through?
Old 11-18-2012, 04:06 PM #1647
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeloSno

You have to be ****ing kidding me.

For what you said you need, look into a simple laptop.

You can get away with a tablet, but music editing and whatnot may be a tad bit too much to handle consistently.

Toshiba, Samsung and MSi make really good lower end laptops that still have enough processing power and grit as well as build quality.

Alienware is like DYE. If that example won't fix it for ya, idk what will.

My mom has an M11x and ****ing loves it.

For a gaming laptop, it's ok and you can definitely game on it like it says it's cut out to do, but not so well before overheating and slow buses make you pull hairs that you still can't play much on high without it being somewhere cold and inconvenient.

What's your budget and how much physical **** will it risk going through?
Well atleast you offered a choice like he originally asked for instead of just throwing out your over worked keyboard jockey cellar dweller opinions. Why don't people just put out a few choices .....oh that's right people play the safe card and just smack on people's choices.

978-530-6747
Old 11-18-2012, 04:13 PM #1648
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Moderator
msonic is Immortal
27 pieces of dubble bubble. Word.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:48 PM #1649
Somnambulistz
Should I Fake My Orgasms?

Somnambulistz supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
Yeppers, my brother has one, and I was the one who maintains it / set it up. Very nice computer, very very pretty and runs very cool, even with games going.

Not to be off topic

getting ****ing impossible to do deals on PBN in regards to angel gear, whoever is ****ing poaching and pushing ****, swear to god deserves a rod to the head.....

LIVERPOOL FC

I cycle everywhere (and smile allot and enjoy it), and I can do so because Pat told me this is America, you can cycle where you damn well please.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:50 PM #1650
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnambulistz

Yeppers, my brother has one, and I was the one who maintains it / set it up. Very nice computer, very very pretty and runs very cool, even with games going.

Not to be off topic

getting ****ing impossible to do deals on PBN in regards to angel gear, whoever is ****ing poaching and pushing ****, swear to god deserves a rod to the head.....
Poaching and pushing?? Example??

978-530-6747
Old 11-18-2012, 05:12 PM #1651
Somnambulistz

not you sled

not gonna give examples either, but someone (not in here) is doing it, driving me ****ing bonkers....

LIVERPOOL FC

I cycle everywhere (and smile allot and enjoy it), and I can do so because Pat told me this is America, you can cycle where you damn well please.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:23 PM #1652
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Quote:
not you sled

not gonna give examples either, but someone (not in here) is doing it, driving me ****ing bonkers....
I figured it was me whoring......I'm done, hence all of my guns minus the arsenal being sold.

978-530-6747
Old 11-18-2012, 07:12 PM #1653
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

turn, Not sure what all kind of music editing you want to do, but if you're doing anything more rigorous than recording and splicing a single stereo signal, you are going to need more than a tablet. And if you're going to be multi-channel recording and/or mixing with more than a handful of effects, you're going to need a decent (read: expensive) machine. Doesn't matter who you buy it from, but i5 or better, more RAM the better - 8GB+ would be ideal, and if you'll be doing a lot of editing and mixing in multi-channel don't skimp on storage - it fills up faster than you'd think.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:34 PM #1654
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

Truth. A ten minute track can come with even half a gb of data.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:09 AM #1655
Somnambulistz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneckforlife View Post
I figured it was me whoring......I'm done, hence all of my guns minus the arsenal being sold.
nah not guns, you're good bro

tbh its Jordan being completely impatient too, some ******* was selling a SM dirty sanchez kit, and wouldn't come down, so got frustrated and told him to eat a dick, not my best moment

LIVERPOOL FC

Old 11-19-2012, 02:43 AM #1656
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

HAHAHA

to who?

Found mah torch! http://www.powerprobe.com/ppmt.php

Someone able to buy on Amazon, hit me up. I need some help acquiring this.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:47 AM #1657
Somnambulistz

bro you are gonna burn down something, and / or start a major wild fire / large scale fire like the great chicago fire that Mrs O'leary's cow started.....

just see it now, ben "burninator" accidentally lit half of the west coast on fire with a butane torch he didn't need.

LIVERPOOL FC

Old 11-19-2012, 07:42 AM #1658
pinrey1025

pinrey1025 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Just see it now, ben "burninator" accidentally lit half of the west coast on fire with a butane torch he didn't need.
Its that or wait for the earthquake
Old 11-19-2012, 07:46 AM #1659
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinrey1025

Its that or wait for the earthquake
Most of Cali's big fire could be avoided if the drill and drop dynamite , crack it and let it slide into the ocean. Ivan you can come to the east and see what's going on. Or Nevada and I see you in a few years. Lol

978-530-6747
Closed Thread