PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-24-2012, 10:11 PM #1
Ayowrya

Jungle Island

Never play speedball here, me and a few friends (party of 5) came in, paid admission at 9:00am, got setup and by 10:30am the speedball field still wasn't set up, we went into the office and asked whatsup, and they said that they didn't know anyone was going to play speedball and that 5 people wasn't enough to set up the field, after 15 minutes of talking to a guy who was very obviously power tripping, he agreed to set up "half" of the speedball field, we asked if we should help and he said "no the guys got it" So we walked back to my car and got our packs on loaders full etc, and offered our help to the 2 inexperienced guys setting up our "Half field" - offered our help to which they said yes, got us 1 leafblower with half a tank of gas (~.5 gallons) and left after pulling roughly 15 bunkers out of a locked trailer. We filled as many as we could, formed a snake, were missing most standups so we had to use a few half cans as standups - the field setup process didn't finish until 12:00 which is when we played our first game.

I'm sure that this doesn't sound that bad, and it really wasn't... me and my team enjoyed being able to practice almost alone for roughly 5 hours on a field that we made semi-decent.

The leafblower quickly ran out of gas and after asking if someone could maybe get us a gallon or so of gas (Keep in mind 5 of us had paid $35 each for entry/air) no one arrived with gas, so we couldn't fill all 15ish of the bunkers he brought out, maybe 10 or 12.

I know this was kind of jumbled and mismatched, i typed it as i remembered it.

I only offered to go after checking their website and seeing a regulation nppl and xball field and going their in 2008-9 when it was a major speedball practice area, I.E. Chrono and air next to field, 3 fields up and room for one more.

Tl:dR

*******s being *******s, overpriced and no where near compensate you for what you pay, also may as well have 1-2 staff members for how much they did for us.

Last edited by Ayowrya : 03-24-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Ayowrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2012, 10:20 PM #2
Landon #24

Landon #24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hey man.
Im sorry to hear about your day @ Jungle island. My team is there every Sunday and usually set up the field or help and the field is up by 9am or 10am. Everybody at the field who work there is pretty nice. Come on out on a sunday and the field will be set up and we can scrimage all day with your team. We are going to be out there tomorrow, next weekend we are playing Nppl HB and we wont be out there but the following week we should be there..

Sundays its usually just our team and we drill but once in a while there are more teams and we scrim all day. Come back on out on a Sunday and it will be worth it..
Landon L Jarvis #24
RIP Team INcorrupt
Raw Material

http://www.nppl.com/
http://dleaguepaintball.com/
Landon #24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 PM #3
Ayowrya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon #24 View Post
Hey man.
Im sorry to hear about your day @ Jungle island. My team is there every Sunday and usually set up the field or help and the field is up by 9am or 10am. Everybody at the field who work there is pretty nice. Come on out on a sunday and the field will be set up and we can scrimage all day with your team. We are going to be out there tomorrow, next weekend we are playing Nppl HB and we wont be out there but the following week we should be there..

Sundays its usually just our team and we drill but once in a while there are more teams and we scrim all day. Come back on out on a Sunday and it will be worth it..
I'll try man! alot of us work on sundays. If they had just told us that we needed to do it ourselves it would of got done so much faster but we didn't know until 11 or so, and they only gave us 1 half full leafblower when we saw they had 3 in the trailer...

And I dont know about them being cool or nice, I asked the guy to set up the field in this exact sentence - "Hey man, could you set up the speedball field for us?" and he EXPLODED on me about how he doesn't work for me and isn't there to perform my every wish... I wasn't even being rude, the only reason I apologized was because my day of practice and $200 in entry fees were at stake, he deserved to get hit in the face.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:33 PM #4
Landon #24

I dont know if the Saturday crew is the same as Sunday crew but the guys that are there sunday are chill. Try and come out on a sunday again and your team will get game's in all day long.
Landon L Jarvis #24
RIP Team INcorrupt
Raw Material

Old 03-24-2012, 10:40 PM #5
Ayowrya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon #24 View Post
I dont know if the Saturday crew is the same as Sunday crew but the guys that are there sunday are chill. Try and come out on a sunday again and your team will get game's in all day long.
For sure man ill try to make it out there sometime in april on a sunday.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:44 PM #6
Landon #24

Good deal man.
Landon L Jarvis #24
RIP Team INcorrupt
Raw Material

Old 03-24-2012, 11:41 PM #7
xxogbeastxx

xxogbeastxx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hey man i was there with you guys today and there were only 10 bunkers on each side except the snake and the 50 but i was the one with the ego 11 and planet eclipse jersey
xxogbeastxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:02 AM #8
orderof7
The Order of Seven

orderof7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
We've been there on a few Sundays too and the staff's been pretty cool. Also, when you go, tell them you're playing airball only and it's only $25.00. $35 is for the regular fields. That's probably why they didn't think anyone was playing airball.
Thanks to- www.AutocockerParts.com The Paintball Shop for my GatStick Barrel Kit! Peace One Day. Eat to the Beat Ray Ray's, Alhambra. Cheap Hydro & Fire extinguisher service. Freak Boring-Super Stanchy Customs!

"Control your thoughts for they become action; Control your actions, for they become habit; Control your habits, for they define your character; Control your character for it determines your destiny"
orderof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:13 AM #9
Hav0c
Ninja

Hav0c plays in the PSP
Hav0c owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Hav0c is an NCPA National Champion
Hav0c plays in the APPA D4 division
That sucks. I remember when Jungle used to be pretty legit. Either go again and try your luck on a sunday, or go to SC or ASG and have a guaranteed good day. Not advertising for them but they're always legit especially if you're looking to practice
Jordan Tsai #10
Long Beach State Paintball
NCPA Class A National Champions 2011-2012

Coach for Long Beach State Paintball
Hav0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:19 AM #10
kevmeistah21

kevmeistah21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kevmeistah21 plays in the APPA beginner division
kevmeistah21 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kevmeistah21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
everytime i go to jungle the speedball field is usually up by 9:30, i usually go on sundays. Like stated above, maybe they have a different staff on saturdays/sundays.
kevmeistah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:52 PM #11
XxTAMEZxX

XxTAMEZxX owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
XxTAMEZxX supports Pev's Paintball
After reading this guys thread I'm glad I chose to go to SC instead of jungle!! We got to sc by9 an the field was already set up the refs were really cool an kept the games rolling everyone got to play go to SC next time on a sat bro
XxTAMEZxX is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups