Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-12-2011, 08:33 PM #22
JxTPB
duPont Registry

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
That isn't how we roll. We're not forcing you to view ads by doing what we're doing now, we're merely notifying you that by blocking ads, you're basically pulling the rug out of a site that we bring to you for free.
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post69809436

not thread-jack, just bringing this up.
JxTPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2011, 12:01 AM #23
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikilledkenny View Post
nah, thats probably from all the people who are now BOS
Or because paintball hit the apex of its lifetime recently and is starting to die off. Whether or not it's cyclic is anyone's guess.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:30 AM #24
fisher
Yes, I'm old.

fisher is a Supporting Member
i applaud your efforts to get the freeloaders to understand that without ad revenue there would be no forums for them to post on.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:09 AM #25
JD9940
Forever an AA's Fan

JD9940 supports Cereal Killerz 2
JD9940 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JD9940 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
That isn't how we roll. We're not forcing you to view ads by doing what we're doing now, we're merely notifying you that by blocking ads, you're basically pulling the rug out of a site that we bring to you for free.
-$30 ASM jammed down our throats
-$125 "News" up's that are an absolute joke (how many threads does ANS need per week?)
-Gold Up's (i personally ignore them all when i use b/s/t)

the income from those above exceed the cost of running and maintaining the website and those of use who use ABP would not be "pulling the rug out" from you.

also since I know this post will be removed I'm gonna screencap it, and keep reposting this until someone address this with the truth.
additionally I am not instigating, insulting, or flamming anybody, so there is no justifiable reason to infract/ban me.

Headgear for Sale
Pants for Sale
JD9940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:47 AM #26
Righte
Yea, I rush

Righte supports Sherwood Forest
Righte is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD9940 View Post
-$125 "News" up's that are an absolute joke (how many threads does ANS need per week?)

the income from those above exceed the cost of running and maintaining the website and those of use who use ABP would not be "pulling the rug out" from you.

also since I know this post will be removed I'm gonna screencap it, and keep reposting this until someone address this with the truth.
additionally I am not instigating, insulting, or flamming anybody, so there is no justifiable reason to infract/ban me.
With the amount of people that browse this forum, I would think the server bill is a good $500 or so. Are the owners making a considerable amount of profit? Yes. Are they going to remove ADs that you can just ignore? Probably not, or not without a seperate price.
Righte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:36 PM #27
XSVFAN890 V2.0
I'll meet you overboard.

XSVFAN890 V2.0 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
XSVFAN890 V2.0 supports our troops
Quote:

One of the few things I like about this site, is that that actually has a decent chance of staying up and getting a response.
XSVFAN890 V2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:18 PM #28
pronking
2nd Chance Paintball

pronking is a Supporting Member
pronking supports our troops
pronking is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
pronking is Immortal
This thread and the complaints behind it are useless....
NO ONE MAKES YOU COME HERE!
do you go to McDonalds and tell them to take the posters out of their window?
NO! you sit there and eat your dang McNuggets and get on with your life.....
of all the things to B&M about....
Old 01-16-2011, 06:06 PM #29
GetBunkerD
LurkerPB.com

GetBunkerD is a Supporting Member
GetBunkerD posts videos on PbNation
GetBunkerD supports Ninja Paintball
please... cry some more.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:42 PM #30
Righte
Yea, I rush

Righte supports Sherwood Forest
Righte is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBunkerD View Post
please... cry some more.
If I recall correctly, you were crying about it.
Righte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:27 AM #31
XxTexasfuryxX
d(◕_◕)b

XxTexasfuryxX donated to help Peyton Trent
XxTexasfuryxX supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronking View Post
This thread and the complaints behind it are useless....
NO ONE MAKES YOU COME HERE!
do you go to McDonalds and tell them to take the posters out of their window?
NO! you sit there and eat your dang McNuggets and get on with your life.....
of all the things to B&M about....
That's pretty funny man.

I think all the Ad stuff is BS. Get over the little squares, you will get used to it anyways. And to the dude talking about the ans news ups and ASM being "Jammed down our throats"? You don't HAVE to buy them, at all. ASM benefits are beyond worth it to me and I will continue to be an ASM on this site.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:19 AM #32
pronking
2nd Chance Paintball

pronking is a Supporting Member
pronking supports our troops
pronking is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
pronking is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxTexasfuryxX View Post
That's pretty funny man.

I think all the Ad stuff is BS. Get over the little squares, you will get used to it anyways. And to the dude talking about the ans news ups and ASM being "Jammed down our throats"? You don't HAVE to buy them, at all. ASM benefits are beyond worth it to me and I will continue to be an ASM on this site.
Ya i don't know what about ASM is "jammed down your throat" that's pretty vivid terminology.

Truly what do you hope to accomplish by complaining?
Do you have to come here? NO
Do you have to click on the ad's? NO
Is ASM required? NO
Do you have to read news section that you insist is overused by ANS or whoever? Nope

Here's a question to JD9940-
Your quote-
"the income from those above exceed the cost of running and maintaining the website and those of use who use ABP would not be "pulling the rug out" from you."
Are you saying that because they may or may not cover their costs with the items you mention that they are not entitled to make any money from their website?
If that's the case when you work do you pay all your bills and then work for free?

Just curious...
Old 01-18-2011, 11:25 AM #33
Moonboot
XCAPE

Moonboot supports Bob Gurnsey
Moonboot is Legendary
Quote:

This coming from a member that is not asm and doesn't pay anything other than your electric and internet bill to use this site. I am not asm either, but when something is free, I don't ***** about it. I also don't feel asm is "jammed down our throats". You have the option of buying it if you feel the need. I have never had a problem with the way pbnation runs and even the wait time between searches doesn't bother me, it's called having a little patience.
Columbus LVL #31
Adrenaline #21
OSUPB ALUMNI
TRUST 14+/0-
Moonboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:11 PM #34
ikilledkenny
Noob forum OT OG

ikilledkenny is a Supporting Member
ikilledkenny donated to help Peyton Trent
ikilledkenny is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
ikilledkenny is Immortal
Quote:

dont forget they gotta pay for the huge rv thing they wasted money on, and all the deisel to fill it up driving it from event to event
R.I.P Harbinger[TG] 12/16/02 - 4/18/08 (permed)
ikilledkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:46 PM #35
Gen0va
hrvat

Quote:

It's not free.
It's free to view. To be able to search during important hours? $40 a year.

To sell anything - BST Up. $15 a week (?)

I appreciate the hard work. But, the strict rules and complete absurdity of some of the staff makes me question why I should pay, let alone view your ads for you to make money off of me viewing your site - get it?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:15 PM #36
Son of Doomsday
Armless Deaf Mute

Son of Doomsday owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Son of Doomsday supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen0va View Post

It's not free.

You dont have to pay to use the search function...
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji25 View Post

Raising the search limit

Before you post about how frustrating it is to not be able to search, lets look at some things. First, there is google.
Courtesy of Joey the cool
I never tried it, so im not sure how well it works compared to using the pbn search function

Also, many people don't use BST trust (assuming that is where you are getting your "$15/week from) when they sell their stuff on PBN.
Son of Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:20 PM #37
ReverendWound
Don't touch the hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen0va View Post

It's not free.

I appreciate the hard work. But, the strict rules and complete absurdity of some of the staff makes me question why I should pay, let alone view your ads for you to make money off of me viewing your site - get it?
Annual Supporting member costs $29.95 per year. That is roughly $2.50 per month. Most people, and I'm willing to bet even you, spend more than that per month on cans of soda or morning coffee. Such a small price goes a long way to support such a large contributor to the paintball community. I think everyone can agree that the paintball community as a whole would suffer to some degree if PbNation ceased to exist. Even if you don't feel like contributing you can still search through advanced google searches with accurate and relevant results during peak hours.

ASM does come with 2 gold ups annually, which are essentially a $35 value in themselves. It can be easily proven that gold up threads receive more views in a significantly shorter time than their non gold up'd counter parts. For people wanting to receive maximum views on their product, and who want to have an increased opportunity for a sale, gold ups are certainly worth the small price. Again, they are not mandatory to sell items... which is free for every member.

More to the original point of this thread; the ads. The ads occupy such an insignificant amount of space at the top of this forum. They do not pop up, they do not play sound (if they do, one simply has to notify the admins and it will be corrected), and for the most part they are relevant to the paintball community. Nobody is even asking for the ads to be clicked. Don't like the ads? Simply scroll down with the flick of a mouse wheel and carry on browsing the free forum.
ReverendWound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:11 AM #38
Moonboot
XCAPE

Moonboot supports Bob Gurnsey
Moonboot is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendWound View Post
Annual Supporting member costs $29.95 per year. That is roughly $2.50 per month. Most people, and I'm willing to bet even you, spend more than that per month on cans of soda or morning coffee. Such a small price goes a long way to support such a large contributor to the paintball community. I think everyone can agree that the paintball community as a whole would suffer to some degree if PbNation ceased to exist. Even if you don't feel like contributing you can still search through advanced google searches with accurate and relevant results during peak hours.

ASM does come with 2 gold ups annually, which are essentially a $35 value in themselves. It can be easily proven that gold up threads receive more views in a significantly shorter time than their non gold up'd counter parts. For people wanting to receive maximum views on their product, and who want to have an increased opportunity for a sale, gold ups are certainly worth the small price. Again, they are not mandatory to sell items... which is free for every member.

More to the original point of this thread; the ads. The ads occupy such an insignificant amount of space at the top of this forum. They do not pop up, they do not play sound (if they do, one simply has to notify the admins and it will be corrected), and for the most part they are relevant to the paintball community. Nobody is even asking for the ads to be clicked. Don't like the ads? Simply scroll down with the flick of a mouse wheel and carry on browsing the free forum.
Someone with some sense. On a side note, I have found some ads to be useful in advertising sales I would have otherwise missed.
Columbus LVL #31
Adrenaline #21
OSUPB ALUMNI
TRUST 14+/0-
Moonboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:16 PM #39
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

ASM is a service and not a donation to the website.
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:08 PM #40
fisher
Yes, I'm old.

fisher is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendWound View Post

they probably spend more than that a day on soda and/or coffee.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:23 AM #41
aRizzy
Viruzz New Account

aRizzy is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Nuff said. They brought you the sight through there credit card, there making the money back. You guys shouldnt complain.
aRizzy is offline   Reply With Quote