Community Focus

Old 09-24-2007, 03:50 PM #106
Marko34256

has been a member for 10 years
Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.K.S.631 View Post
IMO,Ollie did what he thought was the stand up thing to do. Most of us might have handled it different, give the man some credit for being a stand up guy.Ollie hats off to you the Ironmen and Impact . Good luck to both teams at the Cup!!!!!
you make this statement under the assumption that everything ollie lang does is the correct thing to do.

ollie played this tournament to beat dynasty, not to actually win.
Advertisement
Old 09-24-2007, 03:58 PM #107
RicWhic414
boats and hoes

Ollie seems like a good guy but think about it if teams conspire to what the outcome of the game will be they should be banned. Think of it in any other sport if teams decided what the outcome of the game would be before they play whats the point of watching. This goes on both teams and NPPL for allowing it.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:59 PM #108
Karzac

ok i think you guys have this wrong about the dynasty thing. i agree what they did was completely retarded but i dont think dynasty played a roll in their decision. even though there is a little animosity towards oliver from dynasty, they are still very good friends, and have been for years and years, so i dont think they did it to screw dynasty.
Karzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:05 PM #109
Marko34256

Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meollielang View Post
After this weekend we played so strong and proved it to everyone, I had felt we won the tournament yesterday knocking Dynasty out, which you all know is the best 7-man team out there now and in the past.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:08 PM #110
PMR13954

PMR13954 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PMR13954 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
1v1 are the most exciting thing since watching grass grow (in a pun) if you are a hockey fan, the Overtime shootouts. soccer fan, penalty kicks. 1v1s barely last a minute. just run and gun. what stragey is there to think about?? can't get it to go? feed off from the crowd as i recall from watching on the webcast, i heard people chanting IRONMEN IRONMEN IRONMEN. if i was on the team, i would be pumped up and ready to go. too tired to play? we had a good practice with them? PLEASE. watch as sales of Dye and Planet Eclipse guns go down. whens the next tourney? the commander's cup right, in san diego? lets see how many people will show up to this event after this attempt to for Shawn Walker to kiss up to Oliver and Josh
-White Dye Rotor, Smoke Vlocity Jr w/Virtue chip
-68/4500 Guerilla Air w/Myth reg
DIY PMR Battery Harness quick fix/Bestest Website EVER
USPN
PMR13954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:10 PM #111
Tom?
*>sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR13954 View Post
1v1 are the most exciting thing since watching grass grow (in a pun) if you are a hockey fan, the Overtime shootouts. soccer fan, penalty kicks. 1v1s barely last a minute. just run and gun. what stragey is there to think about?? can't get it to go? feed off from the crowd as i recall from watching on the webcast, i heard people chanting IRONMEN IRONMEN IRONMEN. if i was on the team, i would be pumped up and ready to go. too tired to play? we had a good practice with them? PLEASE. watch as sales of Dye and Planet Eclipse guns go down. whens the next tourney? the commander's cup right, in san diego? lets see how many people will show up to this event after this attempt to for Shawn Walker to kiss up to Oliver and Josh
agreed except for the eclipse gun sales going down, a lot of people feel like the hurricanes won the events and they shoot egos, theres a thread about a guy saying he's buying one because of that.
Tom? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:10 PM #112
Ganley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meollielang View Post
Now the Ironmen is a new team as all you know and we are taking this lesson of paintball on step at a time, win or lose we want to play as a unit. We told ourselves at the beginning of the year that we were going to focus more on Xball and take seven man as a learning process to make this team the next best thing.
obviously ollie and others didn't care about winning kansas city it was about ya, doing the best they could, but just to get confidence going into cup, from that quote they are only focused on xball not nppl, they still got first. ...it wasn't ollie and the ironmen's decision to do this in the first place it was Impact's.

VIII Clothing

Last edited by Ganley : 09-24-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Ganley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:12 PM #113
Aimz

Aimz owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
12.57. Any team that plots with opponents to set scores will be disqualified from the tournament and all members of the team playing at the time of the infraction shall be suspended for life from playing in any sanctioned NPPL event.

Trying to bump dynasty out by using seed points is an infraction on both Impact's and Ironmen's part.

I say they both are out personally.
Aimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:13 PM #114
Jester1
P8ntball is a way of life

Jester1 is a Supporting Member
Jester1 is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMR13954 View Post
lets see how many people will show up to this event after this attempt to for Shawn Walker to kiss up to Oliver and Josh
Think of this whole thing as a fart -- Smells really bad when it happens, then it just fades away. By the time Commander's rolls around the smell will be gone and everyone will be back to their normal selves. It's sad, but it's human nature.

I just hope they ammend the rules BEFORE Commander's so this can't happen again.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:16 PM #115
Chief Alibaba
For ****s and giggles

That's bull****. It shows no competitiveness at all. Do you ever see a Stanley Cup game or a Super Bowl talked over and called a draw? Hell no. If you want people to see paintball as a legitimate professional sport then start treating it like one. This is ridiculous, it shows a lack of confidence in you and your team.
Chief Alibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:22 PM #116
Karzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester1 View Post
Think of this whole thing as a fart -- Smells really bad when it happens, then it just fades away. By the time Commander's rolls around the smell will be gone and everyone will be back to their normal selves. It's sad, but it's human nature.

I just hope they ammend the rules BEFORE Commander's so this can't happen again.
i completely agree.

but oliver has lost so much respect. the BEST paintball player pulls a stunt like this? this will never be forgotten, this is almost like Todd Bertuzzi's sucker punch. it ruined his career. i wouldnt say this is as bad as that, and i dont think it will ruin oliver's career (unless dye does something about it, which i kinda hope they do) but it will defitnetly change the way people look at him.

impact..? lost all the respect i had for them.
Karzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:23 PM #117
Pballa01

Ollies post is a JOKE. HE and the ironmen and davey and impact know it was wrong, and now that everyones posted the rules the NPPL should do something about it. You dont see any of the ironmen or ollie replying to these 6 pages of post do u. Yeah because they know they are wrong and dont have anything to back up what they might say.

peace
Pballa01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:26 PM #118
venoy8

so true ive lost all respect for impact, ironmen, and the nppl.....this just shows how much better PSP is than nppl
venoy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:36 PM #119
NEBeast

Quote:
Now if Impact was a slime ball team like the other 50% of teams out there I would have said no FU and lets play
--Ollie Lang

FTL.
NEBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:46 PM #120
themaxx-captain
-= EZPaintball.com =-

themaxx-captain is a founding member
themaxx-captain supports Cereal Killerz 2
themaxx-captain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
We have Ollie admitting to fixing the result with the owner from Impact... We need to support our sport and push for NPPL to make a stand here. Everyone wants to see a competitive league with a TRUE champion... I want to see another champion besides Dynasty as much as anyone, but not at the cost of teams fixing results.

Everytime someone posts a "Ollie is a mature, nice guy..." comment, someone needs to respond by simply quoting NPPL Rule 12.57

From Aimz:
"12.57. Any team that plots with opponents to set scores will be disqualified from the tournament and all members of the team playing at the time of the infraction shall be suspended for life from playing in any sanctioned NPPL event."
themaxx-captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:46 PM #121
PBswen
Shut up babyneck HMD.

PBswen plays in the USPL
PBswen supports Team VICIOUS
PBswen plays in the APPA D4 division
I apologize in advance Ollie, being the paintball idol that you are.

BUT the RULES should not be bent or broken by NPPL for pro's.

To be honest if it were any other league xpsl psp nxl the lower divisions would have 1 winning team whether the decision is unjust. Oh the team with a better record for the day wins the event or something stupid that happens all the time in the world of sports.

-swen
PBswen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:05 PM #122
impy644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester1 View Post

I'm not so sure about this whole thing just fading away. You know at Commanders Cup that whenever one of the big teams with a lot on the line get a bad call, or something doesn't turn out the way they want, theres gonna be some arguing, and maybe some mentioning of this incident. Either way Commanders Cup is going to be really interesting to watch.

And to everyone who would dare say that Oliver is "a stand-up guy" don't try to fool yourselves. Theres only ONE reason he did this, and it had nothing to do with how much he loves Impact.
impy644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:14 PM #123
Empiretimmy879

thats pretty retarded, ohh were tired lets give up
Empiretimmy879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:16 PM #124
lil' Nicky (Banned)

You guys do realize that as nice as those rules might all seem...the decision was accepted and backed by the owner and president of the organization.

So I wouldn't put much money into any of the teams being banned.

They were there, they know why they did it, you don't stop speculating, stop *****ing, it's over, it's not gonna change.

Jesus...you guys need to get a different life if this is the most exciting thing that's happened in yours lately.
lil' Nicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:22 PM #125
themaxx-captain
-= EZPaintball.com =-

themaxx-captain is a founding member
themaxx-captain supports Cereal Killerz 2
themaxx-captain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
"Jesus...you guys need to get a different life if this is the most exciting thing that's happened in yours lately."

Maybe we all should, since its a waste of 2 days of our life to watch a tournament only to have the final two teams "Peace Bear" at the end because they are "tired" and afraid to lose points.
themaxx-captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:22 PM #126
pointblankpb10

pointblankpb10 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainspaulding View Post
12.56. Any team that intentionally gives up points to its opponent will be disqualified from the tournament and all members of the team playing at the time of the infraction shall be suspended for life from playing in any sanctioned NPPL event.

12.57. Any team that plots with opponents to set scores will be disqualified from the tournament and all members of the team playing at the time of the infraction shall be suspended for life from playing in any sanctioned NPPL event.
i believe this is referring to something along the lines of the "black sox" in the world series(baseball)..

for those who say that they play professional paintball for the fans, i think your wrong, i'd say they play for the love of the sport and for their teams, and if some fans get angry at them it doesnt matter too much to them..while i was mad at first because i would have loved to see ollie rip apart the impact player(not bashing impact), after thinking about it i agree with the decision they made...and besides, whats done is done, i dont know why you guys are fighting about all this when its over and its not gonna change...
pointblankpb10 is offline   Reply With Quote