Community Focus

Old 04-06-2009, 04:39 PM #43
ballerofthepaint
not a 2k7er

has been a member for 10 years
ballerofthepaint plays in the USPL
ballerofthepaint is an NCPA player
ballerofthepaint plays in the APPA D4 division
the reffing was terrible and the fields had pot holes in them. multiple times me and my teammates were called out when we weren't actually hit. my friends also said they saw a guy wipe a hit on his mask right infront of the ref and the ref did nothing.

www.propaintball.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2009, 04:46 PM #44
alexandermauter

great but there needed to be more vendors and the boards to walk on needed to be bigger A-
Old 04-06-2009, 05:17 PM #45
enviousjohn

Webcast should have been free.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:27 PM #46
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a founding member
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! posts videos on PbNation
Auctionjunkie! is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousjohn View Post
Webcast should have been free.
Why?
Dan
Old 04-06-2009, 05:33 PM #47
jzpaintballa69

jzpaintballa69 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
pros: i liked the staging areas and i kinda liked not having to put armbands on everygame

cons: the reffs can sucka fatty johnson
Old 04-06-2009, 05:50 PM #48
infinital

Speaking as someone who was not there, I really enjoyed the webcast and am saving my pennies so I can go to HB next year. However, the webcast should definitely have been HD or had an HD option
Old 04-06-2009, 06:00 PM #49
LittleKiller56
Mr. Belling

LittleKiller56 plays in the PSP
LittleKiller56 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ubb3r View Post
Reffing is never going to be perfect, but still could use some work or more refs would be helpful. There should be morning reffs and afternoon refs because after a couple of hours they just get lazy. There also shouldve been one ref behind the starting gate because there were teams coaching their back center guy.

Overall I think it was a good event as a player, but as a spectator it wouldnt have been worth my time to go or pay to watch.

The people complaining about the vendors, did you go to PSP Phoenix? It was just as bad, if not worse.
i completely agree... mike paxson has suggested the reffing shifts before in an article of paintball sports.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:15 PM #50
playboy455

playboy455 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
playboy455 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
playboy455 is for the Gunfight
Here is my take:
Huntington Beach = Bikini hotties A+
Lack of Vendors and major sponsors B-
Refs B+ (Pump games had a few bad refs in my opinion)
Dragging gear through the sand C
Old 04-06-2009, 06:56 PM #51
rudeawakening 7
pokémon!

rudeawakening 7 plays in the PSP
rudeawakening 7 plays in the APPA D4 division
Needed Pit Bathrooms!!!
⊙︵◔
Old 04-06-2009, 06:59 PM #52
jtmicnugget32

jtmicnugget32 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Lol^
Old 04-06-2009, 06:59 PM #53
thejudgeman66
Squidito en el Stickito

Look I think we all know what we want and what the reality was. Chances are the powers that be are aware and are hopefully doing their best to make perfection the new reality. Lets be thankful (I sure am) that we had an awesome event on the beach on the nicest day of the year. And, lets hope that next year, things will only get better.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:18 PM #54
BOBBYTUCSON@DP
obama=dirty f'n commie

BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BOBBYTUCSON@DP owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BOBBYTUCSON@DP supports Team VICIOUS
BOBBYTUCSON@DP has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
all i can say is the field that all the d-3 games were played on needed to be flattened out alot more. there were bumbs and canyons on that field the were downright horrble , and watching 2 people dislocate there shoulders because of it was very predictable as it indeed happend
Old 04-06-2009, 09:58 PM #55
$_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt
*TK CREW*

$_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt supports Team VICIOUS
I have been to 07, 08 and now this for hb.

Overall i thought this was a good event. Sure the vendors were on the sand and a lot of people complained but i really didn't mind it. I only wish that dye, jt, angel, empire, and firstcall was there. Then it would of been great.

I actually liked the field setup, and enjoyed that there were only 3 fields made it easier to watch. Sure the fence around the fields was annoying but hey it helps so things aren't stolen.

reffing on the Eclipse field wasnt the greatest, but on the spyder and center court i thought it was fine. Reffing can never be perfect and someone will always complain, even if it was a good call. They just need to have more training and they will be fine.

Overall i think the event was great, its the first event for uspl and i think things will work out. I still love 7 man semi auto, and psp doesnt do it for me any more now that there is 10.5 bps.

Good luck uspl. I hope that this stays the same and people keep playing 7 man.

Now we just need the sponsors to support it
Old 04-06-2009, 10:19 PM #56
socal_varmet101
Rip LB Bushwackers

socal_varmet101 is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangingheels View Post
6) The refs wrestling on the floor between games wasnt very appropraite either. Get the games going instead of wrestling with each other.

The reffs were wrestling because some of the teams were getting ready and they were moving the field along smoothly. (Dont believe me? I was there taking pictures on the field). And some other bs that wont be brought up.

Also yes the reffing was poor but there was some good refs and you can leave them out of all of this.

buts thats my statement on that post...

The cons I saw at the event were the head refs on the divisional fields had either a whistle or their voice to start the game and most people couldn't hear it and no close bathrooms.

The pros were that it was Huntington beach and hope it happens next year.

ProPaintball
Alpacas for Life
CORY SUCKS--OG PhotoMob
Old 04-06-2009, 11:37 PM #57
ooompcooo

pros: beach, gurls, paintball, games went fast.
cons: horrible reffing, no bathrooms in the paddocks, price of paint, the prizes werent all that good if you look at how much you spent paying for the event. hopefully they have a better turn out next event they need to work on a lot of things.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:56 PM #58
railz
Manamana - DooDooDeDooDoo

railz is a Supporting Member
railz donated to help Peyton Trent
railz is playing at Living Legends III
railz supports our troops
Ref's get lazy? When you play, you're on the field for seven minutes max per game. Those refs are there from sun up to sun down, reffing the same field over, and over and over, most of the time with no breaks, no shade, no nothing.

I don't think that's lazy at all.

I say it after every event and in every one of these threads; if you don't like the reffing, take a clinic and volunteer for the next event and experience what national event refs have to go through. You'll never ***** at a ref ever again.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:06 AM #59
TuxMag26

TuxMag26 is a founding member
reffing paintball is the most thankless job on the planet.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:17 AM #60
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
^^ interesting point - the refs on Center Court were just fine... other than maybe a few missed calls which is normal - no complaints. They did great. So they must have had more breaks, and water bottles, and shade right?.... oh wait - no! They were reffing under the same conditions as the other refs yet many people are sayin they did a better job.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:20 AM #61
LoVeMyPuMp

LoVeMyPuMp plays in the PSP
LoVeMyPuMp plays in the APPA D5 division
LoVeMyPuMp is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthepaintballguy View Post
Gosh there are a bunch of punk complainers out there! We were lucky to have a HB tournament this year!

Unhappy about pushing strollers?? Are you serious? Carry your kid then, sheesh!!

Gripping about the walkway?? Come on! At least they had one!! It's the freaking beach people! Kick off your shoes and enjoy the sand!

Complaining about the fence around the fields?? I felt much safer as a player, not worrying about random people close enough to jack my paintball gear.

PS34...YOU chose to join this tournament!!! YOU definitely should of stayed 3000miles away!

I enjoyed the vendors on the sand, I didn't have to walk so far from the players area to check them out. Layout could be better, but it was not horrible at all.

Having separate refs for AM and PM shifts is a great suggestion! I know how tiring it could be to be on your feet all day being yelled at and shot up by pballers.

Dye, JT, Smartparts, Empire, Angel, and whoever else that was not there. After reading Rodney's post...YOU let your consumers down big time! I know I had $$$ to spend on your products and you FAILED us!
Hmmmm, I'm pretty sure this was a thread for what did you think of the first USPL? And they want everyones opinions. Not just yours. The walkway was a little tight. And there were alot of players whose wives brought their kids out there. Do you have kids? A day in the sun at the beach involves a little more than just bringing your kid. Diaper bag, waters, food, sunscreen, and a place to keep all of those things is the reason for strollers. A bigger walkway is a SUGGESTION to help make it easier on EVERYONE.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:02 AM #62
Terry59
Hustler, Hitter, Assassin

Terry59 is a Supporting Member
Terry59 is a founding member
Terry59 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Terry59 plays in the USPL
I was there, as I have been to every other HB event.
I had a great time and no gripes.
HB is unique for us because we came to play on the beach.
I find it ironic that some don't appreciate that fact and accept the added challenge of dragging their gear thru the sand.
Each day I drag 70lbs of gun parts and tools to service players makers.
Not to mention, another 35lbs of my own players gear because I love to compete in this event. I'm more than twice the age of most of the whiney bithches complaining in is this thread. Too funny! how guys really don't realize what pussies you sound like.

Thank you Pro Team owners who took a chance in investing their cash to get this league started.
Thank you to Chuck, Camille, and the USPL group who delivered a well run world class event to be proud of.
Looking to forward to the DC Challenge and beyond, thanks again!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:21 AM #63
TeamXodus
RU$$IAN A$$A$$IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry59 View Post
I was there, as I have been to every other HB event.
I had a great time and no gripes.
HB is unique for us because we came to play on the beach.
I find it ironic that some don't appreciate that fact and accept the added challenge of dragging their gear thru the sand.
Each day I drag 70lbs of gun parts and tools to service players makers.
Not to mention, another 35lbs of my own players gear because I love to compete in this event. I'm more than twice the age of most of the whiney bithches complaining in is this thread. Too funny! how guys really don't realize what pussies you sound like.

Thank you Pro Team owners who took a chance in investing their cash to get this league started.
Thank you to Chuck, Camille, and the USPL group who delivered a well run world class event to be proud of.
Looking to forward to the DC Challenge and beyond, thanks again!

Well said Terry, and thank you for always being there to support the sport, players, and most importantly making sure everyone's guns shoot flawless. Big ups to you and Bob, I saw that victory kickin butt for Zack and the Bornsteins.
Stoned Assassins
GHOSTBUSTERS