PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-05-2017, 10:08 PM #1
thekyle64

help tank coming loose!!

i have a tippman 48/3000 hpa tank.

I was trying to remove my tank from my empire mini and I noticed that instead of the asa adapter(i don't know if this is the right term or not) unscrewing from the asa the tank was unscrewing from the regulator or something, idk but I'm afraid that because the tank is not empty it could fly apart and hurt me or someone else.

the red line in the picture shows where it is turning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 162111079035_1.jpg (14.1 KB, 31 views)
thekyle64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2017, 10:38 PM #2
Fubarius
Wow, it is blue.

Fubarius is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
First, good catch. It's always important to make sure the tank is unscrewing properly. Always watch it unthread, never assume it's working correctly.

I'd recommend bringing it into your nearest paintball shop for service, having a high pressure tank turning into a rocket is horribly dangerous, often it's best to leave it to the pros when something weird happens.

But having said that, if you brought it to me here's what I would do. First, screw everything in, gas up the gun (you didn't mention if your Mini was an older one without the on/off asa, or it was upgraded with the relay on/off asa, or if it was a newer one that already has the on/off asa), and shoot air until the tank was fully empty. Often once all the pressure is out of the system everything loosens up and you should be able to just unscrew the tank normally, and if not, well, no pressure no worry.

Now once it's empty and off the gun, assuming it isn't cross threaded and the top of the regulator jammed tight into the asa, it should be simple to reassemble. Those silver set screws are there to help prevent this exact thing from happening, if they had become loose for some reason that could be the cause of all of this.

Nunquam emere possis quae facitis
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:30 AM #3
thekyle64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
First, good catch. It's always important to make sure the tank is unscrewing properly. Always watch it unthread, never assume it's working correctly.

I'd recommend bringing it into your nearest paintball shop for service, having a high pressure tank turning into a rocket is horribly dangerous, often it's best to leave it to the pros when something weird happens.

But having said that, if you brought it to me here's what I would do. First, screw everything in, gas up the gun (you didn't mention if your Mini was an older one without the on/off asa, or it was upgraded with the relay on/off asa, or if it was a newer one that already has the on/off asa), and shoot air until the tank was fully empty. Often once all the pressure is out of the system everything loosens up and you should be able to just unscrew the tank normally, and if not, well, no pressure no worry.

Now once it's empty and off the gun, assuming it isn't cross threaded and the top of the regulator jammed tight into the asa, it should be simple to reassemble. Those silver set screws are there to help prevent this exact thing from happening, if they had become loose for some reason that could be the cause of all of this.
Thank you. I was dry firing the marker with a friend of mine, he had never shot an electronic gun before, we shot it until there was barely enough air to cycle the marker. I believe that there is still some air remaining maybe about 100psi, when I get home I'll check the gage on the Asa.

I have an older mini without an on/off asa.
thekyle64 is offline   Reply With Quote