NEW ENGLAND AVALANCHE

FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is a Professional paintball player
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL works for a Paintball manufacturer
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL donated to help Peyton Trent
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is playing at Living Legends III
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is for the Gunfight
NPPL Huntington Beach responses?????

Hey guys I am trying to get a feel for how things went at HB and what you think we could do better to make the NPPL the best league.
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2010, 01:35 PM #2
quinn087

has been a member for 10 years
quinn087 plays in the PSP
quinn087 plays in the APPA D4 division
Overall I think that the event was a good turn out for being what state the economy is in. One thing I noticed that needed to be worked on a little bit was the Sunday schedule. I know a lot of people were upset at the fact that they had to wait until 12am Sunday to have the schedule up. When it seems as though a schedule should of been made days before, and then names of teams be plugged in to the spots as seeding is determined. And then maybe some better organization on the trophey handing out, as i know one team snagged the one trophey and you almost had to open a can on them lol. all in all good event and see you in chicago.
quinn087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:39 PM #3
ego 321

ego 321 plays in the USPL
ego 321 donated to help Peyton Trent
ego 321 helped look for balloons
ego 321 supports Team VICIOUS
ego 321 is for the Gunfight
the reffing is mainly the only problem
Indianapolis Mutiny fan Club #17 MUTINY ARMY 4 LIFE
VICIOUS
ego 321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:45 PM #4
n00bleet
Forgotten Muse Media

n00bleet works for a Paintball manufacturer
n00bleet supports DLX Technology
overall was a great event, from a vendors prospective anyway. More walk ways would of been nice. Power didnt make it to the Giant Paintball/Forgotten Muse booth. The police were really on top of drinking. Would of liked to have seen more more attractions (outside attractions). As a local Socal resident, I can appreciate fixter on kroq commercials, but he was terrible as a commentator for paintball. With terms like "sharp shooter" and "sniper" It was just awful to hear. Also appreciated the getting rid of a booth when shenanigans started to arise.

It was a great event keep up the great work! And thank you so so much NPPL!

Graphic Designer for HKArmy Specializing in Custom Paintball Jerseys

www.HKARMY.com
n00bleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:54 PM #5
academypb
At the 50

academypb helped look for balloons
academypb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
academypb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
1st national event for me. I thought it was dope! Only thing i would improve on is registration. The 3 hour wait in line after my picture was lost wasn't the funnest thing haha. Other then that funnest event i have ever played!
Will there be a repeat of the webcast?

Last edited by academypb : 04-17-2010 at 01:57 PM.
academypb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:03 PM #6
Daniel.
beer

Daniel. plays in the APPA D5 division
It didn't seem like there were enough ref's on field 3, didn't watch the other fields too much. The ones that were there were making alright calls but there just weren't enough of them.
Daniel. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:29 PM #7
bml0117
WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP

bml0117 is a Paintball photographer
bml0117 plays in the PSP
bml0117 plays in the APPA D5 division
All in all, i thought it was well organized. My only problem was the one announcer, and the same 2 songs that would be played every intermission on sunday. That techno/80's crap/whatever was soooo annoying. But, i really did like the whole early registration at hotel huntington beach on wednesday night. It was very convenient, and i didn't have to wait in those long lines.

Thanks Frank,

Bryan
bml0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:37 PM #8
SD-G-force
what's paintball again?

SD-G-force has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i know that it's probably necessary, but **** i hate that they charge 10 bucks for grandstand seats. There used to be a time when they'd only charge I think for finals on sunday but saturday you could just watch the pros play from the grandstands for free. It was nice. They need to figure out a way how to do this again
SD-G-force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:10 PM #9
NkdMangina

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
everything was great, this was an awesome event. very well run.

thank you
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:13 PM #10
K-O-L-O-H-E-
San Diego

K-O-L-O-H-E- plays in the PSP
K-O-L-O-H-E- donated to help Peyton Trent
announcers gotta go
Old 04-17-2010, 05:25 PM #11
***MINIONS*** (Banned)

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
awesome event nppl. GOTTA FIND A WAY TO GET MORE D1 TEAMS!!! without d1 teams there is no way to bridge the gap btwn pro and d2. we need a consistant way to work ourselves into the pro league because (in my opinion) spectators come to watch the pros, not the rest of us losers.
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:26 PM #12
nick1117
MR. YELLOW

nick1117 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i had a great time at the event. The sunday schedule needs to be worked on and also I think it would be good to have a little background on the teams for the people in the stands. We know who all the pros are but the parents and the random people who take interest and watch the games need to know the pros names the sponsors and where they are from. that way they can get into the sport more by cheering on a team or just by knowing paintball information. When you ask someone who doesn't play about paintball they know dynasty, oliver lang, and angels. Because back in the day thats what was promoted to the kids.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:29 PM #13
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL
NEW ENGLAND AVALANCHE

The announcer was a Big name person in the Surf industry. He is very well known in that area and announces for the US OPEN of surfing. I did not have time to sit there and listen to him but I am sorry if he did not do the job the way you would of liked. The Sunday schedule will be one of my key things I will be working on for the next event. I dropped the ball and thought that it would be the same way it has been in years past so I did not have enough time to look it over. As for the grandstands it cost us $30,000.00 for the stands and as you can see we did not sell 3000 tickets so that was a lost leader for us. There is not another paintball event that has stands like that. We are trying to the best that we can with the limited resources that we have. Please keep the ideas coming because your input is valuable to us as we strive for a league for the players.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:40 PM #14
XxHeadShotzxX

XxHeadShotzxX donated to help Peyton Trent
XxHeadShotzxX is playing at Living Legends III
XxHeadShotzxX posts videos on PbNation
WALKWAYS!!! I mean its kind of crazy to come to an event and just be covered in sand, I mean i was dumping loads and loads of sand out of my cleats (mind you i was playing the whole tournament with it in my shoes). Plus the field (field 2) was so unlevel with huge dips/craters in it since you layed turf on sand instead of using something to stabilize the setup of the turf underneath it, i mean sliding/diving in certain areas could have possibly been real bad.

Also why did you have SAND PITS? Not pits with with turf or ply wood down, but literally there were pits that were either half sand and turf and a few that were just all sand, they were on the back side of the pits facing the ocean, that was just a horrible idea. I mean god forbid anyone dropped their, gun, tank reg or something in the sand, i mean the brainstorming of issues are endless. Lets face it, a couple extra hundred feet of the cheapest plywood isnt that expensive.

All in all it was an OK tournament, but just kind of seemed a little unprofessional compared to other national sporting events I have played in the past.

Also not using the Appa system, kind of seemed to screw the divisions, since D2 was obviously stacked and sandbagged considering you had like 30-40 D2 teams and only 8 D1 teams, kind of ironic how that occured.

Not sure if its worth the trip to come back from the east coast in my eyes, especially after spending all that money and sitting on a plane for 6+ hours. But it was a good learning experience, but definitely overrated.......
XxHeadShotzxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:43 PM #15
XxHeadShotzxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANKTHETANKCONNELL View Post
The announcer was a Big name person in the Surf industry.

Tell the announcer to put the godfather blunt of weed laced with pcp DOWN and start to talk like a normal human being. Not sure if thats acceptable in Cali but the guy was just annoying and sounded like a tool.......
Old 04-17-2010, 05:45 PM #16
jarude
Blackout

jarude plays in the PSP
jarude plays in the APPA D4 division
Thumbs up

The event was running very well in my opinion. Our team had a blast. Our only comments would be to have the pits organized, the first come first served idea was a bit shady, with some teams taking up 2 pits. Also the bunkers not being able to be cleaned throughout the day probably made the refs jobs a little harder, although our team found the reffing on the fields 2 and 3 to be pretty good. Our only major complaint would be the registration process. That was not very good. But those are all easy fixes. We look forward to the rest of the NPPL season. See everyone in chicago.
2011 NPPL DC Challenge 1st Place / Chicago Open 2nd Place/Las Vegas Championship 2nd Place
Blackout 2010 NPPL D4-5 Man Series Champions
jarude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:49 PM #17
***MINIONS*** (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHeadShotzxX View Post

Also not using the Appa system, kind of seemed to screw the divisions, since D2 was obviously stacked and sandbagged considering you had like 30-40 D2 teams and only 8 D1 teams, kind of ironic how that occured.
hey rainman i hate to burst your bubble but there were only 26 d2 teams and 6 d1 teams. last year they had appa and the d1 teams were pretty similar in numbers in fact i believe only 5 d1 teams played dc. anyhow... the point remains we do still have to get d1 teams in this league. any ideas on your part frank?
Old 04-17-2010, 05:50 PM #18
XxHeadShotzxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post
The event was running very well in my opinion. Our team had a blast. Our only comments would be to have the pits organized, the first come first served idea was a bit shady, with some teams taking up 2 pits. Also the bunkers not being able to be cleaned throughout the day probably made the refs jobs a little harder, although our team found the reffing on the fields 2 and 3 to be pretty good. Our only major complaint would be the registration process. That was not very good. But those are all easy fixes. We look forward to the rest of the NPPL season. See everyone in chicago.

Couldnt agree more about the pits issue. I mean you had people playing on field 3 all day taking field 1/2 pits.

There was supposedly a water shortage in Cali and thats why they were not cleaning the bunkers as often. (this is what i was told out there)
Old 04-17-2010, 05:54 PM #19
XxHeadShotzxX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***MINIONS*** View Post
hey rainman i hate to burst your bubble but there were only 26 d2 teams and 6 d1 teams. last year they had appa and the d1 teams were pretty similar in numbers in fact i believe only 5 d1 teams played dc. anyhow... the point remains we do still have to get d1 teams in this league. any ideas on your part frank?

Lets face it 7 man isn't growing like Xball, so I am thinking this is where part of the problem lies.......
Old 04-17-2010, 05:58 PM #20
***MINIONS*** (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHeadShotzxX View Post
Lets face it 7 man isn't growing like Xball, so I am thinking this is where part of the problem lies.......
i agree d1 lack of teams is a huge problem... BUT x ball is not growing like everyone thinks. there is a decline of players and teams from last year, the prize pool is lower in psp now, AND.... did anyone realize that there were more teams in hb than in pheonix? 7 man is on the incline and all though x ball by all means isnt a failure, its still on the decline as of now
Old 04-17-2010, 05:58 PM #21
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL
NEW ENGLAND AVALANCHE

We were not allowed to use water to clean the bunkers per the city of Huntington Beach. As for the flooring it cost us $1.25 per square foot for the plywood so if you look at it we paid over $12,000 for the wood you guys walked on. I hope you guys understand this event cost a crap load to put on. As for the D1 teams I am all about trying to figure out how to get more teams in that division. The problem is the industry is backing off on sponsorships and the D1 players feel they should be playing for free. There are pros out there that are paying to play now.