Old 02-08-2012, 12:13 PM #64
crippy02
Dat Coonass

crippy02 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
crippy02 is for the Gunfight
crippy02 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I've noticed that here in louisiana, that the biggest problem with getting the sport to grow is that fields are very far apart. You pretty much have to live near one or you have to order and wait on everything. It turns a lot of people off to have to go three hours to play and spend a butt load of money each time. Thanks to the economy, there's not very much out there for rec players unless you're lucky enough to live near a field.

Nonetheless, I still try to use my older markers to get people to play with us. Sometimes works, sometimes don't

You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball

CK MAFIA
crippy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2012, 12:42 PM #65
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper-Cut View Post
Are you that dude with the full sized camera attached to his A-5?
Yup.

The alpha black has a 18 inch Apex 2 barrel on it. (the 14 inch is too short to use with the shroud. Here is what it looks like without the shroud using the 14 inch Apex 2.

For the money the Alpha black is an amazing gun. My father in law broke his ratchet on his A-5 during our December event, and no one was using the Alpha black, so he used it the rest of the day, and said it was shooting BETTER than his A-5! (course he had the old style Apex on his A-5, and the alpha black has the new Apex 2).

I put a new Apex 2 on his A-5 for him after that... But, for a starter gun, if you like the mil sim look, the Alpha is a great deal.

Follow Trails of Doom on Instagram,
twitter, facebook and youtube
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:50 PM #66
DocDriza

DocDriza is playing at Living Legends VI
DocDriza has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Yup.

The alpha black has a 18 inch Apex 2 barrel on it. (the 14 inch is too short to use with the shroud. Here is what it looks like without the shroud using the 14 inch Apex 2.

For the money the Alpha black is an amazing gun. My father in law broke his ratchet on his A-5 during our December event, and no one was using the Alpha black, so he used it the rest of the day, and said it was shooting BETTER than his A-5! (course he had the old style Apex on his A-5, and the alpha black has the new Apex 2).

I put a new Apex 2 on his A-5 for him after that... But, for a starter gun, if you like the mil sim look, the Alpha is a great deal.
I have the Alpha Black as a secondary marker. I have the X7 as my primary. I only ask about the shroud for the alpha black because the 3-in-1 barrel has the 98 and A5 thread adapters.

ples exuse ny typos
DocDriza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:03 PM #67
Paper-Cut (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
Paper-Cut has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Yup.

[IMG]http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/FreeEnterprise/IMG-20120123-00033.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/FreeEnterprise/IMG_0116.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv50/FreeEnterprise/IMG_0115.jpg[IMG]

Why don't you get a smaller sports camera? It doesn't seem like you're hurting for money, why haul around that big one?
Paper-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:42 PM #68
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

I really like that camera, it shoots in 1080HD with 5.1 surround sound, and has TONS of image stabilization and carl zeiss lens with 10X optical zoom. The sports cams don't have zoom, which you have to have to see shots at normal playing distances.

Having money doesn't mean you should spend money... This camera retailed for $1,500 and I got it on craigslist for $200. My custom mount was under $25.
http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camc...-31979960.html

It does what I need so far.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:02 AM #69
DocDriza

Quote:
I really like that camera, it shoots in 1080HD with 5.1 surround sound, and has TONS of image stabilization and carl zeiss lens with 10X optical zoom. The sports cams don't have zoom, which you have to have to see shots at normal playing distances.

Having money doesn't mean you should spend money... This camera retailed for $1,500 and I got it on craigslist for $200. My custom mount was under $25.
http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-camc...-31979960.html

It does what I need so far.
But it still does not seem worth getting a camera, unless you have your setup.

ples exuse ny typos
Old 02-09-2012, 09:06 AM #70
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

I wouldn't say that... I filmed all of the videos below with an ATC3K camera which has a TINY field of vision compared to the new go-pros, contours, and tachyons...

I also filmed some of this with a cheap $25 flash video camera. And I was using movie maker when I started which is free.

You just have to think more about your shots... if they are over 50 feet away, it is too far to pick up well, unless they have light behind them.

Check this out, I made this years ago ONLY with that ATC3k. from ONE day of playing!

And here I am using the ATC3K for my helmet cam, and the cheap flash cam for my gun cam.

So, you can clearly make fun videos that show what is happening for cheap, and you learn as you go, so starting out with a $1,500 camera mounted to your gun clearly isn't for everyone... But, it fits my filming skill level now, so that is why I went to that.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:07 AM #71
Yeti813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper-Cut View Post
Down here competition is fierce and paintball season is year round, so players get good very quick.
Where do you play at? I would love to meet up with some fellow pumpers!
Yeti813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:59 AM #72
DocDriza

Quote:
I wouldn't say that... I filmed all of the videos below with an ATC3K camera which has a TINY field of vision compared to the new go-pros, contours, and tachyons...

I also filmed some of this with a cheap $25 flash video camera. And I was using movie maker when I started which is free.

You just have to think more about your shots... if they are over 50 feet away, it is too far to pick up well, unless they have light behind them.

Check this out, I made this years ago ONLY with that ATC3k. from ONE day of playing!

And here I am using the ATC3K for my helmet cam, and the cheap flash cam for my gun cam.

So, you can clearly make fun videos that show what is happening for cheap, and you learn as you go, so starting out with a $1,500 camera mounted to your gun clearly isn't for everyone... But, it fits my filming skill level now, so that is why I went to that.
So while playing, you think about how every shot will look with your camera? I don't know if can do that. Ill be too engulfed with the game to think if there is enough lighting or will my shots get picked up.

ples exuse ny typos
Old 02-09-2012, 10:13 AM #73
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

Yup... Like I said it isn't for everyone, and adds a TON of difficulty to the game. But, I enjoy the challenge, going back after a game and seeing that you captured something very cool on film is very rewarding!

Old 02-09-2012, 10:14 AM #74
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyE 5³ View Post
Where do you play at? I would love to meet up with some fellow pumpers!
I don't play pump anymore I got tired of the drama.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:56 AM #75
Yeti813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
I don't play pump anymore I got tired of the drama.
Oh well that sucks, what fields do you play at though?

But to add to the conversation about helping the sport. Don't overshoot people and just be respectfull. Help out the renters and the new people with tactics and general safetly.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:09 PM #76
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Oh well that sucks, what fields do you play at though?

But to add to the conversation about helping the sport. Don't overshoot people and just be respectfull. Help out the renters and the new people with tactics and general safetly.
blitzkreig as of recent, where do you play?
Old 02-09-2012, 01:49 PM #77
Yeti813

Quote:
blitzkreig as of recent, where do you play?
I'll usually play at CFP, or jungle games lol. The only reason I play at jungle is cuz I got a lifetime membership, can't argue when playing for free. I used to play at blitz but there is a ref there that I really don't like.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:53 PM #78
Hinjin

Hinjin is playing at Living Legends V
Hinjin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Hinjin posts videos on PbNation
Hinjin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hinjin has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
I'll usually play at CFP, or jungle games lol. The only reason I play at jungle is cuz I got a lifetime membership, can't argue when playing for free. I used to play at blitz but there is a ref there that I really don't like.
How did you get a lifetime membership? Just wondering
Old 02-09-2012, 06:19 PM #79
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Quote:
Sorry to hear that, I'll be out at blitz this sunday if you feel like showing up.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:26 PM #80
Yeti813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinjin View Post
How did you get a lifetime membership? Just wondering
Way back in the day when I was first starting out (like 01-02) I convinced my mom to buy me and my brother a membership. We went there with intentions of just buying a 1 year membership. I think the prices were 100 for the year or 250 for the lifetime (minus air and paint). Lately he hasent even been charging me for air, ill just ref a few games and he will call it even.

Quote:
Sorry to hear that, I'll be out at blitz this sunday if you feel like showing up.
I work Sundays but ill see what I can do. Whats funny is that I buy my paint from blitz and the guy at the counter sees me like every weekend just buying paint then leaving. Then he finally asks me where I play and I tell him about my membership, he then offers to let me and my friend play there for free because of all the paint we have bought. So I might just take him up on that offer. Sundays is usually when teams practice right? How many walk-ons usually show up?
Old 02-11-2012, 07:22 AM #81
GivenRandy

Make the sport grow? Show up! Seriously, if there's no one to play with / against, it's no fun.
GivenRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:42 PM #82
DocDriza

Quote:
Originally Posted by GivenRandy View Post
Make the sport grow? Show up! Seriously, if there's no one to play with / against, it's no fun.
but how would you get more people to show?!

ples exuse ny typos
Old 02-11-2012, 03:38 PM #83
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Talk to your field owner...if you have ideas pass them on! That is the nice thing about the field I play at...the owners take our feedback and do things with it. It is just good business.

Proudly Sponsored By: Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:52 PM #84
Hinjin

Hinjin is playing at Living Legends V
Hinjin owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Hinjin posts videos on PbNation
Hinjin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hinjin has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDriza View Post
but how would you get more people to show?!
Create a paintball club in school/college