Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-24-2005, 06:00 AM #43
boomslang
lo-fi

boomslang is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
I'm weighing my options in terms of finding hosting space for the AMOG, and I'm not someone who gives up easily. Unfortunately for us, AM's host does not allow us to back up the current AMOG database, so all content will be lost if we have to switch hosts. A new domain name will also have to be purchased, but I'm sure I can pick up the charge for that.

The domain "amog.org" is available, I'll let you know what the plan is once I talk to AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2005, 06:07 AM #44
splattttttt
TRUST NO ONE

splattttttt is a Supporting Member
splattttttt donated to help Peyton Trent
should we get bumped off of PBN, I'll help fund a new domain to keep AM users in touch with one onother.

------- The all NEW Avratech Retro 7 BUY IT HERE -------
((((((( www.avratech.com )))))))

Old 05-24-2005, 06:09 AM #45
pump
I don't play pump lol

pump is a founding member
instead of AMOG why not FWGP.com
i will never buy another WGP/K2 made product again
woot 3rd party
Old 05-24-2005, 08:00 AM #46
plushdragon

plushdragon helped look for balloons
there the free hosting .tk and a few others.if your looking for cheap there are host like big daddy that 10-20 a month but will have to keep the bandwith down or go with a gold or silver plan.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:33 AM #47
nixxvalor
Angel # 13

Quote:
Originally posted by TheLastBrunnenG
For the record, I shot a Diadem for the first time on Saturday 5/21 and it impressed me no end. Light, sickeningly fast, and easy to use... A real treat, despite Nixx forgetting to change the battery.

Um sorry the bat was changed in January.....you forget when its so reliable!!
Team Wulfenkow Legion Is proudly sponsored by: Valken: Pinokio Hoppers: Pizza Inn: Sling Paint: The Swamp Paintball Park: Tiberius Arms: Flurry: Hammerhead Barrels: Planet Eclipse: Wolfs Ridge Paintball: Wulfenkow Paintball: Nyxx Angel #13
Old 05-24-2005, 09:22 AM #48
Headhunter1

Guys, my website has a AM forum already setup and i have been trying to get it going hop on over to tacticalfury.com and sign up
or click on the link in the sig
Old 05-24-2005, 10:11 AM #49
AM-Steve

As to the forums -- we are going to be keeping AMOG up indefinitely (some long term contracts involved in that) so don't worry about losing them -- and if they ever do go down I will be sure to find a way to transfer them to a new site.

I am sure that the AM community will be able to keep all of the AM markers up and running for a long, long time.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:18 AM #50
AM-Steve

One other thing to note -- and this is in response to many questions and comments that I have seen since posting -- Big companies normally do not actually go to court with small companies. What normally happens is similar to this situation. Read the threat letter from WGP again -- they don't tell us what we are 'infringing' they don't even really tell us what marker it might be. No specific copyrights are mentioned. No patents numbers given. Nothing at all is given which can allow us to determine whether or not we would win in court. What IS stressed is how much that court battle will cost. This is all about the money. They know, as well as we do, that we can't afford the court battle, and so yes, we are folding without a fight. to quote them 'intellectual property litigation is very costly and time consuming'. this is the true emphasis of the letters that we have recieved. They don't even say that they will win -- only that we can't afford to fight.

And that is how the paintball industry works today.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:39 AM #51
boomslang
lo-fi

boomslang is a Supporting Member
All the corporate bastardization aside, it's good to hear that there will still be some form of support through a forum. If the hosting contract runs out, I have a couple backup plans in mind, all of which involve losing the current forum content.

Many thanks to all of those who offered their support.

Quote:
Originally posted by pump
instead of AMOG why not FWGP.com
i will never buy another WGP/K2 made product again
woot 3rd party
This is actually a pretty good idea, although we could cater to all the companies who were shanked by SP/WGP. This way, all the boys who are left high and dry would have somewhere to gather.

Hmm.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:07 AM #52
cali141

A quick question: Why couldnt AM just drop every gun they make except the Diadem? K2 wont be able to get **** on AM for that.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:09 AM #53
WinterGS
Sierra 179

WinterGS owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
It'll just be a matter of time until someone else with tons of push sues them
SL91 #5 Darktrooper
Solstice Airsmyth..RTFM
House Solstice...not just a team, a way of life Why?....because we're F'n Rock Stars!
Solstice Speed..faster than you