Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:24 AM #22
larryatguerrillaair (Banned)

larryatguerrillaair works for a Paintball manufacturer
larryatguerrillaair is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rocky View Post
How do we install the new spring for teh Myth reg to remove the pinging? Do we just drop it in their and screw in the bottom screw?

Thanks
The top flange ( where the poppet pin is located) unscrews with 3/16" allen wrench. Remove flange, (unscrews like a bottle cap), and dump out piston and spring. Clean , lube, piston and replace spring. replace flange and tighten snugly. Note; The "bottom screw" or seat retainer is not an access point to the internals.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2010, 10:29 AM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rocky View Post
How do we install the new spring for teh Myth reg to remove the pinging? Do we just drop it in their and screw in the bottom screw?

Thanks
Simply unscrew top flange ( where pin is located) using 3/16" allen key ( unscrews like a bottle cap) and dump out piston and spring. Lube piston and replace spring. retighten flange snugly.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:39 AM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerboy303 View Post
my question is because my myth reg is mid pressure could i use it in a lp victory with no problems? if i can adjust the out put pressure please enlighten me on how i could go about doing this. and if it helps i have the new spring that doesn't ping....
Yes the Myth performs well on all lp guns. Occasionally there will be a marker that seems to have an issue but our teams using Luxes, DMS, EGOS, Macdev, Vices, etc. have no issues with the Myth. The only marker that is questionable is the Angel because of it's super low secondary reg.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:43 AM #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by sections View Post
Just wondering about changing my myth reg to hp. Is the piston any diffrent in the hp kit or is it just the spring that changes the pressure. Because i was sold a spring and told that was all that needed to be changed. thanks
The Myth hp kit consists of an hp spring, new piston , and a designated hp seat retainer. A spring alone will not give you complete performance kit.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:52 AM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost82289 View Post
I currently have a myth reg'd Evil Tank which I got as part of a trade. However I believe that the reg may be damaged or malfuntioning and putting out at far too high of a pressure. This is because over the last two months, I have blown three macro lines and two macro fittings off of my Ego8. Something that never happened with my old tank.

I am looking into purchasing another myth reg to place on the Evil Tank (Luxfur). Was wondering if A) you believe this to be an appropriate solution; and B) if removing the myth from an evil tank is essentialy the same process as you described earlier in this thread regarding GA tanks.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.
Your Myth is obviously spiking causing an overpressurized output that is usually caused by something compromising the seat face. A scratched seat or debris from a dirty fill the most obvious reason in most regs usually. Send us the reg and we"ll be happy to rebuild it for you. Yes the method described for reg removal will work for most bottles unless someone has committed the sin of using red loc-tite on the threads. Then a trip to your local shop or a hydro tester may be in order.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:38 PM #27
Exhopek

has been a member for 10 years
Exhopek owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Exhopek has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Exhopek supports DLX Technology
Thanks a lot for the reply appreciated it. Ordered my GA 70/45 online its the black tank but not the g2 though.

Regina Regulators
Old 03-31-2010, 12:53 AM #28
lashcoin
Reese's

My GA myth reg and GA bottle seems to be leaking in the gap between the reg and the bottle. I've read that the O-ring is too small, so I would want to take the bottle off, but I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do.

Thanks.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:13 AM #29
Recluse tha Ripper
killin since 1994

can i purchase a bottle only(with no reg) from GA? and if so who do i contact? i would like a 48/4500 bottle
Old 03-31-2010, 09:54 AM #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashcoin View Post
My GA myth reg and GA bottle seems to be leaking in the gap between the reg and the bottle. I've read that the O-ring is too small, so I would want to take the bottle off, but I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do.

Thanks.
Leaks at the bottle neck can be caused by three things. Wrong size 0-ring, reg not being torqued on properly in the case of the carbon fiber bottle, or in the case of GA aluminum bottles, loc-tite coming in contact with and degrading the o-ring material. Removal of the reg is the only sure way to determine the cause. If you feel unsure about removal we would be glad to inspect and ensure the application.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:57 AM #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recluse tha Ripper View Post
can i purchase a bottle only(with no reg) from GA? and if so who do i contact? i would like a 48/4500 bottle
Unfortunately the GA bottles are only available as a complete system with Myth installed. Presently there are no plans to offer the bottles separately.
Sorry.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:39 AM #32
Hellbentexan
Vicious49 Fan Club #??

Hellbentexan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
G2 Myth questions.

Larry, I just picked up the 68/4500 CF tank with the G2 reg. Does this reg also come standard with the MP kit and is there a HP Kit for it? Also when I screw my tank into my Ego 10 ASA the threads are seated but there is still a gap between the ASA and the reg body(no interference from anything else). Is there any type of spacer I can use to fill this gap?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:18 AM #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbentexan View Post
Larry, I just picked up the 68/4500 CF tank with the G2 reg. Does this reg also come standard with the MP kit and is there a HP Kit for it? Also when I screw my tank into my Ego 10 ASA the threads are seated but there is still a gap between the ASA and the reg body(no interference from anything else). Is there any type of spacer I can use to fill this gap?
The G2 comes standard in the mid pressure configuration. GA does have a hp kit available for the G2 and classic 4500 Myth. Some asa depths vary and the design and use of bright brass on the thread sleeve does lend itself to the appearance of a gap between asa and reg body even though the threads are seated. I have seen the use of a fat black buna o-ring over the threads as a filler for photo shots as an option.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:50 AM #34
Hellbentexan
Vicious49 Fan Club #??

Thanks Larry. I was thinking about the oring idea..not so much for photo ops :p more so for dirt and dust getting in that gap. Just have to find out the optimal operating pressure of the Ego 10 to figure out if I am going slap a HP kit in it.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:48 AM #35
Crooky
life's a bi*ch

Crooky posts videos on PbNation
is it ok to just hand tight as tight as i can or do i have to loctight and clamp ,my g2 myth reg on ?

Demolition Squad - Furious Paintball - Vanguard UK Xball

paintball:people say it a hobbie , people say it a sport , i say it's an Addiction
Old 04-03-2010, 10:31 AM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooky View Post
is it ok to just hand tight as tight as i can or do i have to loctight and clamp ,my g2 myth reg on ?
Myths on aluminum bottles should be loc-tited and "torqued"at on at 35lb. to ensure a tight seal and saftey. The carbon fiber bottles with the G2 can be installed "hand tight" to allow for removal for travel per TSA rules. Care should always be taken to ensure the bottle doesn't separate from the reg during removal from the marker.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:18 PM #37
AudioShorty

AudioShorty has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hi larry. its chloe.

what if there is dirt in the grooves between the threads of the reg? Does that affect performance in any way?
Old 04-04-2010, 04:05 AM #38
Hellbentexan
Vicious49 Fan Club #??

well larry im glad Chole doesn't interfere with whats really going on.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:00 PM #39
paperchasin

paperchasin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Your newer black tanks are hard to keep clean/shiny....can I use some sort of car wax/polish to brighten up the clear coat??
Old 04-05-2010, 09:56 AM #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperchasin View Post
Your newer black tanks are hard to keep clean/shiny....can I use some sort of car wax/polish to brighten up the clear coat??
I'd be wary of some wax ingredients as to their reaction to the tank coatings. Stay away from petroleum cleaner waxes as they may attack the coating. I've always used a warm soap water wash and buffed out the shine with Plexus. Other people may have their favorites but that works for me.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:02 AM #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioShorty View Post
hi larry. its chloe.

what if there is dirt in the grooves between the threads of the reg? Does that affect performance in any way?
Hey Chloe, Dirt anywhere in a threaded area runs the chance of being introduced into an air passage and conpromising the internals. It also is an abrasive and causes needless wear over time on threaded surfaces. Cleaner the better.

Last edited by larryatguerrillaair : 04-05-2010 at 10:04 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-05-2010, 10:07 AM #42
paperchasin

paperchasin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryatguerrillaair View Post
I'd be wary of some wax ingredients as to their reaction to the tank coatings. Stay away from petroleum cleaner waxes as they may attack the coating. I've always used a warm soap water wash and buffed out the shine with Plexus. Other people may have their favorites but that works for me.
thanks!