PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-14-2009, 10:04 AM #1
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Proposed changes for the 2010 Season

I’m starting this thread for George. This is your chance to voice your opinions and recommendations on how to improve the series for the 2010 season. George will have the final say so on what gets changed and what doesn’t… but like always, we want to hear from you. Please make your comments constructive criticism and not just negative comments. Also, don’t just list a problem… but list solutions too on how to fix the problem! And lastly, keep your comments realistic.

Dan
Advertisement
Old 10-14-2009, 10:04 AM #2
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

My first suggestion is to get rid of Dan….. he sucks. – Done
Old 10-14-2009, 10:43 AM #3
1w00d
EA OG

1w00d plays in the PSP
1w00d supports Team VICIOUS
1w00d plays in the APPA D5 division
The main thing I'd like to see is something to get more L1 players and teams involved. Granted there are two more teams that under current rules have to bump up, Storm Silver and Midwest Militia Gold, but they may find themselves also in a spot with nowhere to play. I understand it's a tough thing to figure out how to handle. It just seems that there are five or six teams that would like to play local events that can't.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:00 AM #4
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

I wouldn't count on a L1 next season. That level has been tried and failed for 3 years now and it just isn't taking off.... even with better prizes this season. I foresee L1 going away and L2 opening up a little that will allow 2 L1 players on a roster instea of just 1. But again, that is George's call.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:27 AM #5
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force

has been a member for 10 years
Buckfrenzy plays in the PSP
Just use the PSP rule book.

They have experimented with thousands upon thousands of five man teams to come up with that thing, and I think we should just use that experience to our advantage.

We could simply use their 5-man rule book, and a ton of issues and questions that arise every event could be removed.

Such as:
Layering rules
Jersey tuck in rules
What counts as a one for one, two for one, etc....

I also think it is important to use the same standards every event, and use them the entire event. I know teams got penalties half-way through the day almost every event for different things that they had been doing all day.

Finally, I think the MPS could benefit from using the PSP rule book because a bunch of the teams participating in the series either play PSP 5-man, or plan on playing it in the future. So, it makes it easier on each ref staff, while better preparing teams for events they will be participating in in the future.
Buckfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:07 PM #6
Wally
Tricky Tricky Stuff Yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckfrenzy View Post

They have experimented with thousands upon thousands of five man teams to come up with that thing, and I think we should just use that experience to our advantage.

We could simply use their 5-man rule book, and a ton of issues and questions that arise every event could be removed.

Such as:
Layering rules
Jersey tuck in rules

I also think it is important to use the same standards every event, and use them the entire event. I know teams got penalties half-way through the day almost every event for different things that they had been doing all day.

Finally, I think the MPS could benefit from using the PSP rule book because a bunch of the teams participating in the series either play PSP 5-man, or plan on playing it in the future. So, it makes it easier on each ref staff, while better preparing teams for events they will be participating in in the future.
I think this is a definite must, especially since this is supposed to be a feeder series to PSP.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:26 PM #7
1w00d
EA OG

1w00d plays in the PSP
1w00d plays in the APPA D5 division
Going along with that Buckfrenzy's idea, possibly taking another look at the L2 qualifications. Possibly pick a APPA ranking level of D1, D2, or D3 as the cutoff for L2 and remove the winning two tournaments as a L1 qualification. Not picking on Storm, but as an example, their L1 team is having success at the D1 level nationally. Maybe their D1 status would be a cut off point for L2. Storm Silver now under the current system has to bump up to L1, looking at their World Cup experience this year, while they made it to Sunday play their success was limited. Should they really have to play against the D1 squad because they've had local success? Like I said in my previous post I understand that this is a tough decision because you are hoping to encourage teams to try out 5 man, it just appears that the current system penalizes teams for practicing and having local success. My whole goal is to get some discussion going about this topic.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:59 PM #8
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

maybe have a 3man open, so the players that want to play and they cant play level 2, there is still a chance
Underachievers-buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:00 PM #9
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

also, since we all want to some day play psp or we do play psp now, maybe have it like the vicious series and have the 1st place series winner get a free trip to cup or something like that
Old 10-14-2009, 01:05 PM #10
Underachievers-buck
Rampage Paintball

one more thing, maybe talk to the psp and become a psp feeder series like the chitown series, vicious series, cfoa, etc
Old 10-14-2009, 01:17 PM #11
Back_anchor
Abstrakt Gunner

Back_anchor owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Back_anchor supports Team VICIOUS
Back_anchor is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS_Dan View Post
My first suggestion is to get rid of Dan….. he sucks. – Done
I would like to second this movement

dan you will be missed
Old 10-14-2009, 01:36 PM #12
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underachievers-buck View Post
one more thing, maybe talk to the psp and become a psp feeder series like the chitown series, vicious series, cfoa, etc
I like this idea.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:20 PM #13
K-9
name's ryon. hi

K-9 plays in the PSP
K-9 donated to help Peyton Trent
K-9 supports DLX Technology
Quote:

Such as:
Layering rules
Jersey tuck in rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underachievers-buck View Post
I like these ideas
K-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:07 PM #14
rubiusbeer40
MWM Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1w00d View Post
Going along with that Buckfrenzy's idea, possibly taking another look at the L2 qualifications. Possibly pick a APPA ranking level of D1, D2, or D3 as the cutoff for L2 and remove the winning two tournaments as a L1 qualification. Not picking on Storm, but as an example, their L1 team is having success at the D1 level nationally. Maybe their D1 status would be a cut off point for L2. Storm Silver now under the current system has to bump up to L1, looking at their World Cup experience this year, while they made it to Sunday play their success was limited. Should they really have to play against the D1 squad because they've had local success? Like I said in my previous post I understand that this is a tough decision because you are hoping to encourage teams to try out 5 man, it just appears that the current system penalizes teams for practicing and having local success. My whole goal is to get some discussion going about this topic.
I agree with this completely.
rubiusbeer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:19 PM #15
xXxGONZALESxXx

xXxGONZALESxXx donated to help Peyton Trent
um for prizes only do top four for all divisions that way u can save huge money for top three series point prizes.... such as like 09 guns or something like that...
Old 10-14-2009, 07:25 PM #16
x Lastoutlaw X

x Lastoutlaw X supports Cereal Killerz 2
x Lastoutlaw X owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
x Lastoutlaw X supports Team VICIOUS
x Lastoutlaw X has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
I say make the events more spread out and only have 4.
Would cut out that usual "event 4" low turn out weve had for the past couple years.

blv
x Lastoutlaw X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:29 PM #17
fancher
STORM

fancher plays in the PSP
fancher helped look for balloons
fancher plays in the APPA D5 division
do it at fields that might actually have a legit layout. pb ridge edge and grafiti all put up decent fields. choctaw was garbage. they put up garbage for the mps but now they can have thier own tournament on a uspl field. i wont play one a 3 man cow pasture like drop zone again. just my thoughts
Old 10-14-2009, 08:38 PM #18
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force

They didn't have the USPL field until this week...
Old 10-14-2009, 08:48 PM #19
pump_player23

pump_player23 plays in the PSP
pump_player23 supports Sherwood Forest
pump_player23 supports Sherwood Forest
pump_player23 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
i think he means like they couldnt have a good layout until now if i understand right.

I-40 Fuel Kids
pump_player23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:08 PM #20
fancher
STORM

fancher plays in the PSP
fancher helped look for balloons
fancher plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
They didn't have the USPL field until this week...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pump_player23 View Post
i think he means like they couldnt have a good layout until now if i understand right.
i know that they just got a uspl field this week, but when i can put a better layout with my personal stuff there is a problem.
Old 10-14-2009, 09:16 PM #21
Buckfrenzy
Turtle Force

I will totally agree that they could have put better layouts up. They have an x-ball field in the shed for crying out loud.