Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-13-2010, 08:53 PM #1
firefly0926

t9?

i am very interested in getting a t9 rifle but i have to know from the owners. what is you favorite part of a t9 that cant be bought in another marker?
firefly0926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2010, 09:41 PM #2
Dynastyfan777

has been a member for 10 years
Dynastyfan777 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Dynastyfan777 supports Empire
First Strike
Dynastyfan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:00 PM #3
firefly0926

i totally see that part but in one of the threads there is a pump gun using first strike rounds. so in reality with some custom work thats a possibility too. right?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:10 PM #4
Dynastyfan777

if you wanna feed one round at a time then sure, I dont know of any mods that feed FS rounds into guns. Not that your going to rip through a clip of 8 FS rounds fast but its nice not to have to unscrew the barrel after every shot
Old 01-13-2010, 10:13 PM #5
firefly0926

very true. i wasnt trying to shoot down what you were saying. just so you know.

i also wonder how they feel? i mean imo i think of a marker the same way i would think of a gun. and i wonder in your opinion does it fit well. are you a righty or lefty?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:17 PM #6
firefly0926

Old 01-13-2010, 10:24 PM #7
Dynastyfan777

no offence was taken just trying to make a point, they just feel more balanced to me, I like not having a tank or hopper, just less weight to deal with. Something about the challange of using clips makes it fun for me. Shots gotta count. Anbody can buy and Ego and shoot lots of paint(used to have one). Righty, but I can play with either hand. I have to Tac 8's aswell
Old 01-13-2010, 10:38 PM #8
melkson
Raptor Guru

I love the option of play style in 1 marker. Pistol/rifle, 12g/tank, hopperfed/magfed, standard paint/FS rounds. all of these are GREAT reasons to have a T9. Heck, we have a his/hers set of t9/t8 for me and the wife! (i had to, or I wouldn't get mine back)
melkson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:08 PM #9
firefly0926

that is one of the biggest reasons i want one. how are they when it comes to maintaining? i have heard its a tough job to pull them apart and its said to be a must if you have a break. or is that false?

im glad my wife is a baker because id be in the same situation!!

how long have you guys owned yours?
Old 01-14-2010, 09:06 AM #10
Dynastyfan777

Well I've yet to have a barrel break or a chopped ball at this point. For the most part maintence is easy. Theres a link to a video below that will show you everything you would want to know about the T9 and first stike rounds. I have had my Tac 8 and 8.1 for a couple months, had the T9 for 6 months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOrWgF7GI8U
Old 01-14-2010, 12:19 PM #11
firefly0926

thanks man. i appreciate the info. i also heard that sometimes the co2 doesnt seal when the magazine is ejected. has that happened to you? also how easy is it to reload a clip on the fly?
Old 01-14-2010, 04:50 PM #12
melkson
Raptor Guru

i've NEVER had a mag leak, but I maintain my stuff regularly. a breech break does require you do a basic teardown, and it's really easy once you know what you are doing. Had our tibs for almost a year, and love them.

ONLY complaint is they are VERY picky on the paint they will use. my field isn't FPO, so I don't have a problem, but they don't like cheap/large paint, and they don't seem to like real cold weather.

The biggest problem with reloading is the empty clip. I just dump them into the leg pouch of my cargo pants and i'm set. don't get suckered into buying a fancy mag carrier for the spares either. m14 mag pouches work GREAT, try to get blackhawk brand with velcro fasteners.

Also remember, if the mag doesn't seat on the FIRST attempt, remove the mag completely before re-inserting. otherwise you get a breech break. Also if you are shooting and the marker fails to properly re-cock, remove the mag completely and re-insert. this usually fixes the bolt if it sticks.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:01 PM #13
firefly0926

what paint do you use? i had read in a few reviews that the t9 used larger cal. paintball. the on the tiberious arms website it shows the test to be with 'regular .68 paintballs. im a little confused. i have a tactical vest with m16 mag pouches. ive been lookin for someone that has a magazine to try it out, but of course no luck.

cold weather wont be much of a problem because i live in the desert. im afraid of dirt or sand.
how often does the mag not seal?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:10 PM #14
Dynastyfan777

I use RPS Premium or Nightmare, yet to have a break with either in both hot and cold conditions. All Tac guns use .68 cal rounds. These Tiberius guns are pretty rugged, oil each month as the manuel says and you will be fine. I've never had a magazine not seal to be honest, I give it a good firm shove when I put a mag in and its never failed.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:39 PM #15
melkson
Raptor Guru

RPS is waht I use when I can get it. Tibs love those. I've tried some cheap .68 paint, and it has chopped.

It's not a matter of not sealing, sometimes the mag won't 'catch' when i'm inserting it. Just remove it, and do it again. never had it happen twice, and only happens when I try to load too fast.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 PM #16
firefly0926

rps premium arent too expensive. i have only seen them in cases of 2000. are they sold in smaller quantitys? i see what you mean melkson about the mag. as long as it gets a good shove in then it shouldnt have problems.

what do you consider cheap paint? and if you guys come across a good package deal for the elite let me know please.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:34 PM #17
melkson
Raptor Guru

don't bother buying the elite, you won't use most of that stuff. Consider a Ranger. The flashlight and laser are of poor quality, supressor is just a weight on the end of the barrel. red dot is likewise worthless
Old 01-14-2010, 10:40 PM #18
astainless

Stock they are very accurate. FS rounds always a plus and you can have everything from a pistol to a sniper gun (FS gives you a 100 yard accurate shot) and everything in between. Its a great marker. ( I play lefty)
Old 01-15-2010, 11:59 AM #19
firefly0926

im sorry if i sound totally shallow but i like the mock silencer. that is a real bummer though about the poor quality. what about the scope? is the flashlight an led light?
Old 01-15-2010, 12:03 PM #20
astainless

Get a basic T9 and a 50mm red dot if you don't like the factory although I find a good sight valuable with this marker. Lasers are no good on fields and even if they were they are only good for close range but you can get a cheap one for under $10. The Silencer does not add much weight at all and it not really noticeable. I keep it on if I am using it in pistol, smg or rifle form. It adds to the appearance.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:37 PM #21
pusher man

pusher man owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dude, I can save you a bit of cash. I have a next to new T9 Elite that I'm wanting to get rid of. I love the gun, but I'd love some mods for my other markers more. I have the T9 Elite with the First Strike barrel and bolt / spring already installed. I don't have the F.S. magazine because Tyler Tiberius himself gave me the bolt and barrel and didn't have a mag with him. I do have an extra mag ( 2 total ) and a BT holster (digital woodland camo) with one tube of F.S. rounds. All can be yours for $375 plus shipping. e-mail me at stevegarnet_4@hotmail.com if interested. I'll send pics if you want them too.
pusher man is offline   Reply With Quote