Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2009, 09:18 AM #2
lilredbird30220

lilredbird30220 plays in the PSP
lilredbird30220 is playing at Living Legends III
lilredbird30220 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lilredbird30220 supports Team VICIOUS
everything was awesome in the prelims...went great and smooth, refs were great.....the finals were a different story....couldnt gte the refs to move and check for nothing..other wise it was good
lilredbird30220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:13 AM #3
mrtandme

has been a member for 10 years
the sock hat prevails
\
mrtandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:51 AM #4
ghostinthewood

ghostinthewood plays in the PSP
ghostinthewood is playing at Living Legends III
ghostinthewood supports Team VICIOUS
ghostinthewood plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredbird30220 View Post
everything was awesome in the prelims...went great and smooth, refs were great.....the finals were a different story....couldnt gte the refs to move and check for nothing..other wise it was good
They were probably fed up with all the *****ing of a lot of the players...
Old 04-05-2009, 11:20 AM #5
lilredbird30220

It doesn't matter if they were fed up or not. That's there job and if there gonna be out there they need to to it right
Old 04-05-2009, 12:00 PM #6
ghostinthewood

Excuse them for being human. They're probably some of the better refs in the area too so if you're complaining about them then their replacements would make this whole thread a ***** fest.

Don't get me wrong there were some refs who didnt care to start with and some horrible calls, but its like that in every sport. There is always something wrong with the refs with somone in every sport ever. There is an acceptable level. However, all the arguing and yelling at the refs at this event was above an acceptable level... There def needs to be improvment, but I can't blame anyone for getting fed up with some of the players...

Last edited by ghostinthewood : 04-05-2009 at 12:13 PM.
ghostinthewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:20 PM #7
thepbman1
god like

yea its not like they were psp reffs. they exceeded my expectations ....good job
thepbman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:21 PM #8
papasmurf1
old and still gunnin

papasmurf1 plays in the PSP
papasmurf1 plays in the APPA D4 division
I had a blast, I didnt play for **** but still had fun,that is the point after all isnt it, I could be wrong. Refs did fine, there is always going to be a missed call or a questionable call. I have reffed enough to know I have missed things and made mistakes, even the pro refs screw up, get with Darrin and ref the next one yourself and see how it goes! We'll deffinantly be there at the next event, if we can get enough bodies.

p.s.yes Ross, the sock hat lives on!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:32 PM #9
ghostinthewood

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf1 View Post
...even the pro refs screw up...
Yea, ask Joy Division. xD
Old 04-05-2009, 12:37 PM #10
lilredbird30220

I'm not sayi g the refs were horrible and I do understand where u come from with being fed up with the yelling. I only had a few problems my self with the refs but they were major deals with me causing the game that's it. Other wise it was a wonderful event. Not causing **** or anything just my 2 cents so u don't have to get that uptight
Old 04-05-2009, 12:43 PM #11
Thunderstick
MacDev 4 Life

I thought the event went extremely well. Our team thanks Kenny and the crew at Asylum for the work that went in to making this happen. He completed alot of additional projects and put in countless hours with his team to make sure we had a great event to start the season with. I thought the refs were excellent, better than I have ever experienced anywhere else. The competition was outstanding, who would think that you would miss the cut if you went 4-0 in your prelim matches? We will definately be back for the rest of the series.

Paint=great
Refs=excellent
Field=Turf was excellent, grass had some mud holes, but at least there was grass! Still fun to play on.
Competition=lots of new teams that we have never played, lots of talent.
Prelims complete before 2:30 in the afternoon. Couldn't ask for more. I left happy.....and a little sore.

Congrats to all the teams, my compliments to the refs. Thank you Kenny for a great first event.

Chris, Livewire
Thunderstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:10 PM #12
ghostinthewood

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredbird30220 View Post
I'm not sayi g the refs were horrible and I do understand where u come from with being fed up with the yelling. I only had a few problems my self with the refs but they were major deals with me causing the game that's it. Other wise it was a wonderful event. Not causing **** or anything just my 2 cents so u don't have to get that uptight
Its cool, I thought you were uptight. Hard to tell tone over the entrawebz.

Understand too I'm just a photographer and I was tired of the arguing. Of course, I probably saw more than anyone other than the refs since I was taking pics all day (1,500+ pics) and only stopped when somone picked up my camera bag on accident.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:14 PM #13
Tapper

Thanks for the input fellas and we will strive to improve with every event. Every host will be sending their core group of refs to the cert. clinic the 25th and 26th of this month to help everyone get on the same page. Keep the feedback coming.

What Kenny pulled off to make this happen for you guys was simply amazing.
Thanks again

Email: dtapp@me.com
NPA Website: www.npaevents.com
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.com
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:58 PM #14
Domc36-1

Domc36-1 donated to help Peyton Trent
Domc36-1 plays in the APPA D5 division
Domc36-1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Domc36-1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
paint was absolute ****ing money
Domc36-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:09 PM #15
teamsilentassassins
Treat Yo'self

teamsilentassassins is BST Trusted
teamsilentassassins plays in the PSP
teamsilentassassins supports Team VICIOUS
teamsilentassassins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I loved the event, for sure. My one and only minor grimace goes to the hour and a half break between the pre lims and the finals. They basically had to wake me up to play the finals lol. Noow I don;t know if there were underlying problems that caused that, but if there's any way that can be shortened, it'd be awesome.

Other than that, I'm pumped to play the next one for sure.

Baker, Livewire

ATO@WKU Colony

By the way, when you see a vagina, your whole world will change. --Thunderstick

wow. your argument has more holes than the failed condom that resulted in your birth. --MaLfUnCtIoN3
teamsilentassassins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:33 PM #16
mattmTIP
Melton ForTheWin!

mattmTIP plays in the PSP
mattmTIP supports Team VICIOUS
mattmTIP plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstick View Post
I thought the event went extremely well. Our team thanks Kenny and the crew at Asylum for the work that went in to making this happen. He completed alot of additional projects and put in countless hours with his team to make sure we had a great event to start the season with. I thought the refs were excellent, better than I have ever experienced anywhere else. The competition was outstanding, who would think that you would miss the cut if you went 4-0 in your prelim matches? We will definately be back for the rest of the series.

Paint=great
Refs=excellent
Field=Turf was excellent, grass had some mud holes, but at least there was grass! Still fun to play on.
Competition=lots of new teams that we have never played, lots of talent.
Prelims complete before 2:30 in the afternoon. Couldn't ask for more. I left happy.....and a little sore.

Congrats to all the teams, my compliments to the refs. Thank you Kenny for a great first event.

Chris, Livewire

thank you. I was the ref that laid down on the dorito side in the Green Radioactive jersey. Oh and i have heard that (not the crew i was with) but the other fields refs were a little lazy, I ran through countless streams to check people, hell if you want ill put pics up of the 50 some odd welts i have on my upper torso to prove it, we didnt let the *****ing bother us (well i didnt), i understand some people paid big bucks to play the event and wanted the best reffing and experience possible, but quite frankly some of the guys who reffed have never reffed before (i have reffed though), oh and in the finals we had almost 20 refs on the field, no one was gonna get up and run cross field to check somebody everytime you asked for it because odds are there was one or two refs within 10 feet of the player. I actually had fun reffing the event and the series looks like alot of fun and i believe Darrin and Geiger did a hell of a job putting it together. (oh and i might ref a few more), so if you remember the ref in the green radioactive jersey then please tell me what i did right and wrong so i can be a better referee next time. Oh and me and alot of the refs of the first event are attending the PSP certification clinic at Asylum later this month
Old 04-05-2009, 05:34 PM #17
Tapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsilentassassins View Post
I loved the event, for sure. My one and only minor grimace goes to the hour and a half break between the pre lims and the finals. They basically had to wake me up to play the finals lol. Noow I don;t know if there were underlying problems that caused that, but if there's any way that can be shortened, it'd be awesome.

Other than that, I'm pumped to play the next one for sure.

Baker, Livewire
Yea, had issues with the new scoring system being used and we had a vritual tie for 4th, had to go 3 levels deep in the tiebreaker, revue the rule book and confirm everything with a phone call to APPA. Sorry about the delay, it was almost impossible but we had 5 teams win all 4 of their matches in prelims out of 13 teams. Thanks for coming.

Email: dtapp@me.com
NPA Website: www.npaevents.com
MSXL Website: www.msxlevents.com
Tapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:46 PM #18
saints11

saints11 is a Professional paintball player
 plays in the NXL
saints11 plays in the APPA D2 division
i just want to thanks for bringing a good series to the midwest! first time playing xball and i loved it cant wait to play the next event!!!!!!

INDY SAVAGE

PG RISE>PG UNITED>PG RISE
saints11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:55 PM #19
teamsilentassassins
Treat Yo'self

teamsilentassassins is BST Trusted
teamsilentassassins plays in the PSP
teamsilentassassins supports Team VICIOUS
teamsilentassassins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Ok, I knew there was something going on with the APPA thing. I didn't realize it happened to be that deep. The wait's understood. Like i said before, great event, and I will definitely be at the next one.

ATO@WKU Colony

By the way, when you see a vagina, your whole world will change. --Thunderstick

wow. your argument has more holes than the failed condom that resulted in your birth. --MaLfUnCtIoN3
teamsilentassassins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:33 PM #20
PaintballChic05

PaintballChic05 plays in the PSP
PaintballChic05 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PaintballChic05 plays in the APPA D4 division
I had a great time as well... First xball event for me. overall was a great event, should be a strong series. . congrats to Flip Syde
Old 04-05-2009, 07:48 PM #21
the cool dude
Old and Tired

the cool dude plays in the PSP
the cool dude supports Cereal Killerz 2
the cool dude is an NCPA player
field two was a joke.. the mud was rediculous... and the turf really wasn't that great cuz it was so wavy...

and you need brackets... no team should go 4-0 and not move on... thats rediculous. it came down to game wins, because our margin was tied. we were playing smart xball and running the clock down, we would win our matches 3-1 or something like that and the team that moved on would win it 4-2... if we would have known that it was even possible for five teams to go 4-0 in prelims, we definately would have played it different...

overall, it was a very enjoyable event with great paint prices... i would like to see bigger prizes though, 1st place only covers entry... thats not right... but i know prizes and sponsors are hard to come by especially now.

/rant

overall A+++
the cool dude is offline   Reply With Quote