PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 11:55 PM #1
CYNDI - GPL

response to "one man clan"

I usually do not respond to these stupid unconfirmed posts, but at this point I thought it was necessary. Keep in mind I am a very busy person and I dont always have time to surf the forums on the internet on a regular basis, so sometimes it takes me a while to respond.

1. you are right, I did not put up a post right away about the indoor event not happening. INSTEAD, I personnaly called the few teams that signed up and talked to them personnally. AND I offered them a discount towards the January event.

Sorry you were not notified. I did not have time to call every paintball player in the tri-state area that was going to come and watch. I am assuming that is why you are complaining because you were not one of the teams that was signed up. So I have to assume that you were mad because you drove all the way to Hustlers to watch and did not know the event was not happening. But as you said, you got to practice on Sunday anyway.

2. As for the GPL04 scores being posted, I will take all the blame for that one. Our web guy is so busy I have to stay on top of him constantly to get some stuff done. He also designs jersey and logos for companies and teams, like Hustlers, that sometimes he gets overwhelmed with work.

HOWEVER, I have already sent press releases in to all the magazines with the final results and pictures. ALSO, all the overall winners have already received ALL their prizes. I even felt bad that the last event was not run because the 3-man class had 2 teams that could have possibly won the event overall.
SO WHAT DID WE DO? We gave 1st place overall prizes to BOTH teams.

WHAT ELSE HAVE I BEEN DOING? I just help 2 GPL playing teams get a paint sponsorship deal. WHAT DO I GET FROM THIS? Nothing. I don't want anything. I am just trying to do everything I can to help all the team in the GPL family.

You also made alligations of prize payouts. Absoulutley had problems in the past with some companies, expecially last year. So we changed sponsors and the system and fixed the problem. ALL teams received ALL their prizes the day of the event.

If I have missed any of your questions, comments, or concerns please let me know and I would be happy to address them for you.

Brian

P.S. I will have the final GPL04 scores posted on this site no later than Saturday. I will try to get the web guy to get them on the site, but I will post them on this forum in case he cant get them up.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2004, 05:58 AM #2
Alphy

has been a member for 10 years
we're all busy, but finding time to complete something so simple as posting year end results to customers that supported your series all summer shouldnt be too hard to do.

Thanks for gettin them posted asap. Also, what do you consider "all magazines"? Are any magazines in particular publishing more pics, etc. then the others?
Old 12-15-2004, 10:46 PM #3
BREAKTHROUGH

it definately is not a bad thing to question a business/company/league or anything... questioning only makes things better, i think many ppl were patient with the standings, it is what the gpl or any other league is supposed to do, that is what they get paid to do. i read a lot of articles on this forum last year before i played GPL, most of them were negative, at the time when the prize issues were going on. but the prize issue was fixed mainly because the CUSTOMERS were not happy with the way it was setup. I played the GPL whenever i could get some players together, it was a good tourny, had it issues, but all events do. if it is constructive critisism, it is good for the business and good for all of us.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:20 AM #4
wckeep

gpl has had a reputation for wanting to make their customers happy. if something went wrong they did everything in their power to fix it. people complain and ***** about this and that. the only ones who need to be complaining are the ones that knew they were at the top. who cares where your rag tag team ended up.

why dont you guys just play, put some heart into your game and quit your *****ing.
(732)339- 0820
topgunpaintball.com
myspace.com/impactpball
myspace.com/bubbleboyphotography
Old 12-20-2004, 06:03 PM #5
bigtom220

dang, i havent been reading the gpl threads lately, so these posts have come as a shock to me (but i suppose they shouldnt have?).

(1) if you really wanted to know how you did points-wise in the standings, you could have just stayed till the end of the tourney and done the math yourself (a little subtraction perhaps?). myself and my team (OC Regulators) did that numerous times this past season. perhaps the scores should have been posted faster, but what are you gonna do? cyndi and brian have lives and they are busy...

(2) prize payouts should NOT be an issue. my team and i had issues at the last event of the season (as it turned out to be) and the promoters hooked us up. mad respect to everyone at gpl for that one. if you are complaining cuz you suck and still want prizes, thats a diff story. last year, the team im on did quite *****ty. so, we practiced every week all year, and we did fairly well this past year (tied for 3rd... which i figured out prior to scores being posted b/c i can add and i stayed most of the tourneys to get our final points for the events).

granted, some things should be accounted for b/c the gpl is growing, but sometimes, you just have to do some things yourself. i have nothing but respect for the gpl and its staff.

goat
oc regulators
Old 12-21-2004, 06:27 PM #6
Alphy

you serious?

after 15 hours or so of driving and playing......im ready to go home. The least the event organizer can do is do the scores. Also, its kinda hard to do year end standings yourself, which I believe is what was being talked about.

GPL is growing? From my experience and friends that have been playing it along time.....its more like its dying.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:44 PM #7
bigtom220

yeah, it def sucked when we stayed around to find out scores. and the math wasnt too bad to figure out standings. i mean, youre right that the scores should have been posted, but i just dont see it as a big deal.

your prob correct about the gpl if youve been around it for awhile. during the time that i have participated, it seemed to have gotten bigger... maybe just different? i dunno.

im just throwing up my opinions. no harm, no foul.

GOAT
OC Regs.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:20 AM #8
*NiTr0*
Ex *********

*NiTr0* is a Supporting Member
Dont start flaming otherwise I'll have to delete more posts.

Ex moderator
Old 12-22-2004, 08:45 PM #9
HypershockerU2

HypershockerU2 is a Supporting Member
HypershockerU2 is a founding member
HypershockerU2 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally posted by wckeep
gpl has had a reputation for wanting to make their customers happy. if something went wrong they did everything in their power to fix it. people complain and ***** about this and that. the only ones who need to be complaining are the ones that knew they were at the top. who cares where your rag tag team ended up.

why dont you guys just play, put some heart into your game and quit your *****ing.
So because they didn't post the results it only affects the "rag tag" teams. Constructive criticism isn't *****ing. Don't worry they'll teach you the difference next year in 8th grade.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:50 PM #10
wckeep

Quote:
Originally posted by HypershockerU2
So because they didn't post the results it only affects the "rag tag" teams. Constructive criticism isn't *****ing. Don't worry they'll teach you the difference next year in 8th grade.
actually in my school district they taught constructive criticism in 5th grade. sorry your behind us.

what one man clan was doing was not constructive at all. it was complaining. go back and read what he said.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:53 PM #11
HypershockerU2

He never responded in this thread, your complaints were only to those legitimate suggestions made in this thread.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:55 PM #12
wckeep

Quote:
Originally posted by HypershockerU2
He never responded in this thread, your complaints were only to those legitimate suggestions made in this thread.
this thread is about one man clan so my statements were intended to be towards one man clan. it wasnt gear towards anyone new in this thread.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:14 PM #13
HypershockerU2

Old 12-23-2004, 09:57 AM #14
SolarStorm15
RockingdaDM5

Hey folks - My name's Nelson and I'm on SolarStorm - Squad 2 - we were the team that had a shot at 1st in the 3-man division and I have to say GPL did everything in their power, including giving us 1st place prizes, to make sure that everything was fair and on the up and up.

As to the scores not being posted - the way the scoring is done is in the GPL rule book. After each event each of the SolarStorm teams would record their own score and determine how it affect their standings. Not that difficult to do. And besides that I'm one to always check the scores and numbers with my own math anyway. Typos and mistakes do happen.

Anyway good tourney Cyndi and Brian!

Nelson
Old 01-07-2005, 07:42 AM #15
OneManClan

Re: response to "one man clan"

Quote:
Originally posted by CYNDI - GPL
I usually do not respond to these stupid unconfirmed posts, but at this point I thought it was necessary. Keep in mind I am a very busy person and I dont always have time to surf the forums on the internet on a regular basis, so sometimes it takes me a while to respond.

1. you are right, I did not put up a post right away about the indoor event not happening. INSTEAD, I personnaly called the few teams that signed up and talked to them personnally. AND I offered them a discount towards the January event.

Sorry you were not notified. I did not have time to call every paintball player in the tri-state area that was going to come and watch. I am assuming that is why you are complaining because you were not one of the teams that was signed up. So I have to assume that you were mad because you drove all the way to Hustlers to watch and did not know the event was not happening. But as you said, you got to practice on Sunday anyway.

2. As for the GPL04 scores being posted, I will take all the blame for that one. Our web guy is so busy I have to stay on top of him constantly to get some stuff done. He also designs jersey and logos for companies and teams, like Hustlers, that sometimes he gets overwhelmed with work.

HOWEVER, I have already sent press releases in to all the magazines with the final results and pictures. ALSO, all the overall winners have already received ALL their prizes. I even felt bad that the last event was not run because the 3-man class had 2 teams that could have possibly won the event overall.
SO WHAT DID WE DO? We gave 1st place overall prizes to BOTH teams.

WHAT ELSE HAVE I BEEN DOING? I just help 2 GPL playing teams get a paint sponsorship deal. WHAT DO I GET FROM THIS? Nothing. I don't want anything. I am just trying to do everything I can to help all the team in the GPL family.

You also made alligations of prize payouts. Absoulutley had problems in the past with some companies, expecially last year. So we changed sponsors and the system and fixed the problem. ALL teams received ALL their prizes the day of the event.

If I have missed any of your questions, comments, or concerns please let me know and I would be happy to address them for you.

Brian

P.S. I will have the final GPL04 scores posted on this site no later than Saturday. I will try to get the web guy to get them on the site, but I will post them on this forum in case he cant get them up.
Bla bla bla... Hows that January event coming?... yeah thats what I thought... No one buys your crap any more.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:58 AM #16
wckeep

one man clan what team are you on so we can get a sense of who you are?
(732)339- 0820
topgunpaintball.com
myspace.com/impactpball
myspace.com/bubbleboyphotography
Old 01-07-2005, 03:01 PM #17
OneManClan

What does it matter? You know me. I know you. Does who I play for, or who I associate with have any bearing on the way Global is run?... or the general opinion of GPL events. I've played 3 seasons of summer Global, and I've played tourney ball for about 4 years... There, theres my experience and the basis for the opinions I have formed.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:02 PM #18
Hammersmith
O&A Party Rock!

You just sound a little too angry, like you have some kind of personal vendetta against the GPL.

They have had their problems, find me a series that hasn't?

You have a right to say whatever you want in here, it's a public forum, but it just seems to me that you're going out of your way to attack someone and hiding behind a screen name to do it, not cool.

Jim
Freaks of Nature
Atlas Paintball Park
R7
OSK
Old 01-09-2005, 10:35 PM #19
wckeep

Quote:
Originally posted by OneManClan
What does it matter? You know me. I know you. Does who I play for, or who I associate with have any bearing on the way Global is run?... or the general opinion of GPL events. I've played 3 seasons of summer Global, and I've played tourney ball for about 4 years... There, theres my experience and the basis for the opinions I have formed.
first off if you say who you play for we would know if you really played this series or are just out to get them.

i know you??? if this were true you wouldnt need to hide behind a made up screen name because you would have the balls to state who you are
Old 01-10-2005, 05:03 PM #20
*NiTr0*
Ex *********

*NiTr0* is a Supporting Member
Onemanclan is no longer a problem.

Ex moderator
Closed Thread