Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-28-2012, 11:02 AM #1
metallicafan155

has been a member for 10 years
metallicafan155 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
metallicafan155 supports Team VICIOUS
Tippmann TPX Vs Tiberius 8.1 Pistols

Ive recently wanted to get more into scenario play and considered a side arm. I had a Delta .68 way back like 6 years ago but didnt like it due to its style. Now Im looking at 2 magazine fed pistols which would be perfect for me Ive chose the TPX and the 8.1 as my options. The only really difference for me which I really like it this TPX runs on a 12 gram co2 but then you have you mags separate with the 8.1 you have to have you paint and co2 together so the co2 isnt empty when your paint is. Ive also seen people running remote line on their TPX aswell. I also understand the TPX barrel comes out and you can bore it to fit freak inserts.

Black 2015 Empire Axe Pro
Black/Red Vicious Axe
metallicafan155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2012, 06:12 PM #2
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

Tiberius runs remote also,all barrels but carbon fiber can be bored.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:42 PM #3
TwistedFreak (Banned)

TwistedFreak is playing at Living Legends V
TwistedFreak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TwistedFreak has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Tpx feels better to me. The tac 8 was huge for my hands but it shot amazing
TwistedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:04 PM #4
CallsignMagic
Warlord

CallsignMagic has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CallsignMagic has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CallsignMagic has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
My friend owns a pair of TPXs and a T8.1, and I own a pair of T8s and T68 Gen3s. I've shot them all and have to say the deciding factor should be your comfort level holding them. This topic has been debated a million times over on every paintball forum in existence. With the air in the mags, the T8.1's mags are going to be significantly heavy than the TPX's. Also, the grip is much larger on the T8.1.

Find someone at your field and see if they'll let you fire a few balls in the chrono range. Be kind and bring a few 12grams to kick their way as well.
CallsignMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:14 PM #5
Reloadro
Phantom Lords

I used an 8.1 for about a Year, and I really liked the marker in general. I play mostly rec ball with a good mix of speedballers renters and tippmann guys. I ran with five mags on a chest rig. A few months ago I got the chance to trade straight up for a tpx with eleven mags. I decided to give it a try and ill never look back. Both markers shoot very well, and ergos are down to personal preference. However, the weight of the mags is SO much less with the tpx! I use nine mags total and honestly barely notice them, whereas the Tiberius mags really affected my movement. Almost as important is the shape of the mags; the tpx mags are a smaller, more uniform shape, which makes finding/using a rig much easier. Since I'm not a super stealthy "five kills with seven shots" sharpshooting pistolero, the choice to go with a lighter, more comfortable setup for a lot of paint was a no-brainer.

Don't be nervous about the co2 changes on the tpx, they're incredibly easy and fast after even just a few games with the marker.

If you Only plan to carry two or three mags per game, I feel the Tiberius swings back into favor since you know you'll always have air in each mag when you slap it in.