Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-10-2009, 07:41 PM #43
Tjlis2004

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforcegtid00d View Post
Prizes come from the field paint prices. Even if you shoot 3 cases each per event, you won't be spending more than you would on $300-$500 entry per event and BYOP or sub $50 cases.

The idea of this series is to get people playing. Don't worry, there will be X-ball tournaments later in the season for those looking for a different price structure.

As for the reffing, I'm not sure what other fields are doing, but Planet Extreme has PSP certified refs that work at national events. You won't be dealing with biased calls.
I defiently like what you guys are doing. How many spots do you have left? I want to support this series in anyway I can. It's what this area needs.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2009, 07:44 PM #44
Tjlis2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehoward View Post
don't know about you, but when I'm deciding if a tournament is worth it, I consider the total cost of the event and what I'm going to get out of it. That means prizes and experience. If at least one of the two is there, I'll probably play it. If neither is there, I probably won't play it. I like the idea of motivating teams to attend every event because it guarantees a certain number of teams at every event so you don't end up playing 3 other teams half a dozen times. If you use a per-event entry model, you could get 20 teams at one event and 5 teams at another. It's inconsistent.
good point. and i get you on the staining paint deal..Zingers lost a sup air field to nelson anarchy paint. Maybe hae teams check in paint? i can see how that could go bad too, if a team were to bring a paint thaty wasnt allowed and that was all they had it would be bad business. anyone else have input on this? i guess maybe i'm just parcial to BYOP events because of my own personal pricing i get from jt on our team paint, and i know theres a few other teams out there in wisconsn that have deals on paint that wont play tourneys that have fpo
For those that are D4 and below what we are getting out of it dosn't really mater. What matters is the experience we get, the compititon we get, a trophy is nice if we win and a little back is great when it happens but mainly
D4 and below don't get paid to play. Paintball is not a get paid to play sport.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:48 PM #45
Tjlis2004

I like the BYOP idea and maybe charge more for it. On the othersied what the trifecta is doing works for now. Give the guys a chance show up support their series and bring your team to the meetings after the season. By what I hear it really sounds like they are willing to listen to the teams as long as the teams are willing to put in a full season first. Sounds like a good trade off to me. Come on guys help them out. If enough teams get onboard I'm sure that it will spread to WI and we can get a full 7 months of play out of this in the future (1 event per month april - october at a different field each time.).
Old 01-10-2009, 07:55 PM #46
~paintballer4life32~

~paintballer4life32~ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
~paintballer4life32~ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjlis2004 View Post
For those that are D4 and below what we are getting out of it dosn't really mater. What matters is the experience we get, the compititon we get, a trophy is nice if we win and a little back is great when it happens but mainly
D4 and below don't get paid to play. Paintball is not a get paid to play sport.
thank you finaly someone who said it
paintball is a play for fun sport
you play for the love of the game but sure it would be nice to get something back but it wont be that much if any
Old 01-10-2009, 07:57 PM #47
Mrglass6919

Mrglass6919 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Mrglass6919 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
I defiently like what you guys are doing. How many spots do you have left? I want to support this series in anyway I can. It's what this area needs.
PE offers psp certifications for the past two years, and almost positive we will continue to have Tim Schroepfer back this year to do another clinic. Turn outs are almost always maxed so be sure to sign up as soon as you hear about it. Glad to see strong support here in the MW
Old 01-10-2009, 08:14 PM #48
Tjlis2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~paintballer4life32~ View Post
thank you finaly someone who said it
paintball is a play for fun sport
you play for the love of the game but sure it would be nice to get something back but it wont be that much if any
Thanks for the support.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:19 PM #49
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
I'm just a regular at PE... you'd have to talk to someone running the series for slot availability.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:26 PM #50
Tjlis2004

Quote:
I'm just a regular at PE... you'd have to talk to someone running the series for slot availability.
Thanks for the headsup
Old 01-12-2009, 12:28 AM #51
ringading
killin for BOOM D1X

ringading plays in the PSP
ringading owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ringading plays in the APPA D1 division
ringading supports Empire
whats this trifecta **** people are talking bout??? havnt heard bout it... educate me please
Old 01-12-2009, 06:55 AM #52
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringading View Post
whats this trifecta **** people are talking bout??? havnt heard bout it... educate me please
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2934680
Old 01-14-2009, 05:36 PM #53
bsmagacz
SHOOT 2THRILL,PLAY 2 KILL

bsmagacz is a Supporting Member
bsmagacz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bsmagacz has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ok has anyone in this thread played a nlpl besides honky? there was a league in WI that used appa. It was a good league. it ran from the cities down to madison. i think maybe even to the east. or even the 5man series that stalker was a part of way back into 03? just fields saying hey lets have a series. Everyone followed the same set of rules and made there own profits. it was field paint only but byop wasnt much of an option then. im going to have to read this trifecta thread too. never heard of it.--just read it. the 10 or 15 bps sounds shady but that series isnt a half bad idea.

stevehoward- if you hit the "quote" button on the bottom of someones post it will put it in the "---" and be easier to read.

Last edited by bsmagacz : 01-14-2009 at 05:52 PM.
bsmagacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:56 PM #54
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmagacz View Post
im going to have to read this trifecta thread too. never heard of it.--just read it. the 10 or 15 bps sounds shady but that series isnt a half bad idea.
It's a new series put together by field owners that just want players to have affordable events to play in. I don't know about you, but I've never heard of a tournament with good series prizes that hands you your entry fee back win or lose. Would you mind elaborating on the ROF comment? I don't see what's shady about a ROF cap.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 PM #55
stevehoward

stevehoward has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
ok has anyone in this thread played a nlpl besides honky? there was a league in WI that used appa. It was a good league. it ran from the cities down to madison. i think maybe even to the east. or even the 5man series that stalker was a part of way back into 03? just fields saying hey lets have a series. Everyone followed the same set of rules and made there own profits. it was field paint only but byop wasnt much of an option then. im going to have to read this trifecta thread too. never heard of it.--just read it. the 10 or 15 bps sounds shady but that series isnt a half bad idea.

stevehoward- if you hit the "quote" button on the bottom of someones post it will put it in the "---" and be easier to read.
I played a few NLPL way back when, mostly in MN, i miss that series. Polar bear was fun too. Did they ever do the cinnamon listerine packet eating contest whre the prize was a case of paint at one played.
Cheap Aka VIKING Boards or the Universal T-board with eyes
Tequila Sunrise Matrix
Predator milled Impulse
stevehoward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 04:48 PM #56
bsmagacz
SHOOT 2THRILL,PLAY 2 KILL

bsmagacz is a Supporting Member
bsmagacz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bsmagacz has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
It's a new series put together by field owners that just want players to have affordable events to play in. I don't know about you, but I've never heard of a tournament with good series prizes that hands you your entry fee back win or lose. Would you mind elaborating on the ROF comment? I don't see what's shady about a ROF cap.
going from one bps such as 13 or 15, (whichever it said in the thread) and then psp changing it to 10 bps. if there modeling it after a psp why not changing it right to the 10 bps? I do like that it was thought about and not just saying no tho. It seems like a good start to what could be a great league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehoward View Post
I played a few NLPL way back when, mostly in MN, i miss that series. Polar bear was fun too. Did they ever do the cinnamon listerine packet eating contest whre the prize was a case of paint at one played.
yeah we played a bunch of polar bears as well. I wouldnt doubt it if they did do the challenge. I heard about a challenge of eating paintballs to win a plastic angel barrel and then tossing it into the crowd when he won... But between the polar bears and the nlpls is where my old team got most of there experience. went there and got beat pretty good. we figured it out tho that getting beat and being challenged is the best way to get better. as long as the tournament was still fun it was worth going to. come back to good ol wisconsin and started tearin it up.

Last edited by bsmagacz : 01-15-2009 at 04:51 PM.
bsmagacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:21 PM #57
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

Quote:
going from one bps such as 13 or 15, (whichever it said in the thread) and then psp changing it to 10 bps. if there modeling it after a psp why not changing it right to the 10 bps? I do like that it was thought about and not just saying no tho. It seems like a good start to what could be a great league.
They said that they're using PSP rules, not modeling it after the PSP. If you've been to one of the tournament fields lately you'll hear a lot of complaints about the 10bps cap. The advantage of running a local series is that you can pick and choose which rules to include, and that means you can weed out the less than popular ones such as the 10bs ROF cap.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:39 AM #58
Tjlis2004

Once again just proves they are listening to the players.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:27 PM #59
BaconCHEEZBurger

Maybe the USPL will come to the MW...
BaconCHEEZBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:55 PM #60
binkley
608paintball.com

binkley supports Team VICIOUS
USPL will be west and east cost there will be mw events but not this year

Sponsored by: The Edge Paintball Experience, Empire, RPS, BT, HK, Challenge Park Extreme and Pandaramic Studio

CE Coach
binkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:00 PM #61
xXinpayneXx
MW

Quote:
its still d4 and under, which is what was stated in the begining of this thread, thats wrong with tourny paintball these days.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:10 PM #62
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXinpayneXx View Post
its still d4 and under, which is what was stated in the begining of this thread, thats wrong with tourny paintball these days.
Read the post I quoted above the link. It was in response to the quoted post, not to the OP.

I know that Planet Extreme is planning on building full size pits at both ends of the regulation X-ball field and having the ability to fill tanks from those pits come springtime. Chad (the owner) is very open to hosting events there. He wants people to have a place to play at.

Last edited by eforcegtid00d : 01-17-2009 at 09:14 PM.
eforcegtid00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:18 PM #63
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 is an NCPA National Champion
Ion103 plays in the APPA D3 division
Ion103 is All In
Quote:
Read the post I quoted above the link. It was in response to the quoted post, not to the OP.

I know that Planet Extreme is planning on building full size pits at both ends of the regulation X-ball field and having the ability to fill tanks from those pits come springtime. Chad (the owner) is very open to hosting events there. He wants people to have a place to play at.

That because Chad ROCKS!!!! And Planet Extreme is a great place to hold a tournament
Edge Paintball Field Janesville WI - KEE/EMPIRE
Ion103 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups