Quote:
Originally Posted by Bconaway View Post
Hey since if have owned one can you tell me on a scale of 1-10 what the:
performance
Durability
Consistency
Bolt & board operation
Easily cleaned

Sorry if seems like alot but I'm 16 and work hard for my money and this gun costs more than anything I've ever bought

I've heard <- yes heard several opinions about it but I prefer to have a majority opinion by people who use the gun
I have owned almost every Tournament Level Marker since 1998 from Cockers to Vapors.

Most high end markers will PERFORM well, be DURABLE and be CONSISTENT. It's all about comprehensive maintenance.

Proper maintenance will go a long way on preserving YOUR Performance, Consistency, Durability and Efficiency (which you left out of YOUR list BTW). Poppits can go much longer with out any maintenance (My Ripper Vic goes 15 - 20 cases before any maintenance) vs Spoolies which require maintenance a little more frequent.

Bolt operation is similar to most high end Spoolies which it does not have a spring in it. It is fully Pneumatic in pushing the Bolt back and forth. As of right now my Black Faded Splashed Vapor does not have any FSDO (First Shot Drop Off) but then again I've only put 3 cases through it so far. A Spring Assisted Version of the Bolt is not an option right but if made will only help with efficiency.

Easily Cleaned, This is a difference of opinion. I like the Bolt Quick Strip Designs of the Vapor and the Luxe vs other Spoolies which are threaded Back Caps or require tools.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:41 PM #758
Bconaway

Bconaway is BST Trusted
Bconaway owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bconaway plays in the APPA beginner division
Bconaway has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bconaway has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bconaway has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bconaway has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMod

Hey Bud!

What markers have you owned before? How much do you know about general marker maintenance? What are you looking to do with it?

The reason I ask is because I've seen a LOT of new vapor owners who are upgrading from X7s, Minis, and SLGs....this is a little disconcerting to say the least.... They tend to be a little more needy when it comes to marker advice and the last thing we want is for you to have to rely on someone else to walk you through the basics. This leads to more frustration on your part, and we don't want the marker to come off in bad light, or to stress you out. It would be a better option to buy a marker you know how to operate and maintain as opposed to a top-end that you may or may not need, or might have trouble maintaining. For instance, I was shooting a 2k2 impulse up until the end of highschool, and then I switched over to an EGO8 for all of my NCPA/NPPL events. I'm using a Vapor as my main and I have several different backups....automag, threshold, angel SB, GI50 for the lulz.
hm ive owned basic brass eagle, Mini, dm9, and handled worked and dealt with the axe more than I would have liked. played around with an Etek and have shot an Etha on more than one occasion.

As for not knowing how to operate the marker Or getting frustrated over it. I don't touch any new equipment without first having read the manual AND understanding
Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 PM #759
*C-Ro*
N.O. Bounty

*C-Ro* is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
*C-Ro* plays in the APPA D5 division
I shot a vapor today ... Seems like a pretty solid marker to me, im not a fan of spools, or 1600 dollar guns.. Lol .... But the Clone Gt and the LUXE are no better for sure ... IMO the GT is the worst of the "super guns" for sure from what ive seen. My buddy i play with every weekend had two of them .. Always had probs .. Thats just my 2 cents ... I cant give a full review on the gun, but ive shot probably nearly every type of marker made in the last 12 years and it shot pretty good to me, quiet, no kick, good feel, good look.. And that is all..

LNIB Dangerous Power G3 F/S !!
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...569&highlight=
RAMPING KILLED PAINTBALL !
Old 12-03-2012, 06:58 AM #760
Bconaway

Bconaway is BST Trusted
Hey friend of mine plays D3 and saw him testing one out, he struggle not to just throw it away says its not worth the money and has terrible feeling. Not hating on the gun but I will not be buying one I will be starting to get into pump
Old 12-03-2012, 09:30 AM #761
MU WISCOBALLER

MU WISCOBALLER supports Team VICIOUS
MU WISCOBALLER is an NCPA player
MU WISCOBALLER plays in the APPA D5 division
MU WISCOBALLER has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
MU WISCOBALLER supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Hey friend of mine plays D3 and saw him testing one out, he struggle not to just throw it away says its not worth the money and has terrible feeling. Not hating on the gun but I will not be buying one I will be starting to get into pump
someone's hatin.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 AM #762
Bconaway

Bconaway is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by MU WISCOBALLER View Post
someone's hatin.
not hating i just trust his opinion and i dont want to spend $1650 on a marker if it isnt $500 better than the luxe, the geo, or the ego

egos are extremely efficient, luxe may be a little overrated with the whole it talks to you thing but still gets the job done. Geos well there pretty awesome for their price and i might get one.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:00 AM #763
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED

BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
BELOWZERO supports DLX Technology
Quote:
vapor ergonomics and the g6r>all

i miss my vapor

Indy Battleground Paintball
Freelancers
RIP Dan Voils
900-999-999
Old 12-03-2012, 11:08 AM #764
BELOWZERO
2JZGTE POWERED

BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends V
BELOWZERO is playing at Living Legends VI
BELOWZERO owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
BELOWZERO supports Team VICIOUS
BELOWZERO is Legendary
BELOWZERO is Boss
BELOWZERO supports DLX Technology
lol at his pbn self shot avy, might as well do the duck face

Indy Battleground Paintball
Freelancers
RIP Dan Voils
900-999-999
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 PM #765
Screaming4vengence
Suicide King

Screaming4vengence supports Pev's Paintball
Screaming4vengence has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Coming from a nxt shocker I can't imagine anything going wrong I havnt already delt with,unless there is a issue that I'm not aware of
Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 PM #766
yourPBfriend
Your Paintball ProShop

yourPBfriend is playing at Living Legends VII
yourPBfriend has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
yourPBfriend owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourPBfriend View Post
OK, so i have an issue with my vapor. I received a vapor to use personally and this is my problem. My vapor blows up paint, like it breaks it all the time. It appears that the gun gets a random pressure spike that just tears apart the ball. Even if i remove the barrel and fire every once in awhile it will just destroy the ball (shooting fast or slow dose not matter). I have sent the vapor to ken from machine, He replaced all the Orings and updated the board and said that it shot fine. YET i get it back and still have the same issues.

I have ruled out the barrel/size completely due to it will break anyways.
I thought maybe it was the detents so i tried shooting it without the detents and the same issue, I also cut the springs in half and stretched them to allow them to be softer so i ruled that out.
I have tried low 6 dwell to high 16 dwell
I have used the bolt return really high and low (28 seems best with 10 Dwell)
I have the Flat faced bolt that now comes with the vapor AS Well as the pooty flat face.
I have tried to the FT screw all the way in and out. (3/4 turn out seems ideal)
I tried cleaning out the reg and still no help.
I have tried light lubing it and found(ken agrees) that heavy amount of lube is better.

Over a chrono it seems that the gun will shot very consistant then have a huge spike and blow up the ball. Also Feels like the gun is chokeing and jerks when it does that.

It also appears that the pooty bolt makes this problem worse.

This last Wednesday i used it and shot 1500 balls few with only 2 breaks but yet again(with no changes) it breaks paint all day today.

I could really use some help because the 1 time it shot well for a few minutes it has left a taste in my mouth i cant get rid of.

Thanks Guys in advance
MY BALL SHATTERING DAYS ARE OVER!

OK, so after doing everything above i still had the issue of my gun exploding any and all paint. After talking with promod we concluded that it must be an issue with the regulator leaking high pressure air into the solenoid causing every few shots to have a overpowered ball shattering shot.

So what the issue was is the Top hat in the reg screw up. Once its screwed all the way in i had to Reverse it out 1/4 turn. This was enough to seal the leak (that was happening for some reason) Now after putting 3 cases through this thing its good to go!

This is the smoothest and quietest gun ive ever had. I really like the way it feels and think its worth every penny!

#1 Seller Of Used Guns - See Our Huge Inventory

Old 12-04-2012, 06:14 AM #767
tgallo

tgallo is a founding member
tgallo supports DLX Technology
tgallo supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
MY BALL SHATTERING DAYS ARE OVER!

OK, so after doing everything above i still had the issue of my gun exploding any and all paint. After talking with promod we concluded that it must be an issue with the regulator leaking high pressure air into the solenoid causing every few shots to have a overpowered ball shattering shot.

So what the issue was is the Top hat in the reg screw up. Once its screwed all the way in i had to Reverse it out 1/4 turn. This was enough to seal the leak (that was happening for some reason) Now after putting 3 cases through this thing its good to go!

This is the smoothest and quietest gun ive ever had. I really like the way it feels and think its worth every penny!
awesome.......in the spring I will try the same thing as I was having the issue
Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 AM #768
wmaxham

Has any one had consistency issues with there vapor? iv noticed i cant crono within +-10 to save my life. if any one has had this issue please let me know how you fixed it. The gun is brand new with maybe a case and a half through it. i no its not broken in yet, but will the consistency change that much once it is?

also, iv noticed when the last 3 balls are being shot, one brakes. its probably because of the hopper not able to put pressure down on the last few balls, but is there an eye setting to help fix this?

and last thing, if i have the v2 flat face bolt, would it be better to get the v1 cup faced bolt or the pooty flat face? i feel like the pooty flat face isn't worth the money for the improvements over the v2 bolt.

and has anyone tried lurker lube in a vapor?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:12 AM #769
yourPBfriend
Your Paintball ProShop

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmaxham View Post
Has any one had consistency issues with there vapor? iv noticed i cant crono within +-10 to save my life. if any one has had this issue please let me know how you fixed it. The gun is brand new with maybe a case and a half through it. i no its not broken in yet, but will the consistency change that much once it is?

also, iv noticed when the last 3 balls are being shot, one brakes. its probably because of the hopper not able to put pressure down on the last few balls, but is there an eye setting to help fix this?

and last thing, if i have the v2 flat face bolt, would it be better to get the v1 cup faced bolt or the pooty flat face? i feel like the pooty flat face isn't worth the money for the improvements over the v2 bolt.

When i had the issues with my vapor as seen two posts above i had issues with the consistence. But when i cleaned the reg and did the quarter turn back on the top hat of my reg. I would check that. Now my marker is +-2 over the chrono. Most of the time 285 285 285 285 285 286 285. ( It feels good when the ref things his his chrono is bad because of how inconsistent it is. My gun went that consistent right after i fixed the issue.

I have the pooty bolt and the v2 bolt. I cant tell a huge difference but pooty makes such good stuff and cant be worse for it. But i would say they are both way better then the v1 cupped face bolt.

As for the eyes i believe you want them to be set to standard and standard. Refer to Promods tuning/troubleshooting for eye settings. https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3828358

Old 12-07-2012, 01:13 AM #770
juggernaught_lives
Mowing Fools Since 1987

juggernaught_lives is for the Gunfight
juggernaught_lives plays in the APPA beginner division
juggernaught_lives supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:

1st) Do this and Re-Lube
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post75629661

2nd) Tune your Vapor following these steps.

This should get you back on track with consistency (as long as you don't glob on Lube) and help with the ball breaks which seems that your bolt delay might be too low.

Are you on Semi Unlimited?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 AM #771
wmaxham

Quote:
When i had the issues with my vapor as seen two posts above i had issues with the consistence. But when i cleaned the reg and did the quarter turn back on the top hat of my reg. I would check that. Now my marker is +-2 over the chrono. Most of the time 285 285 285 285 285 286 285. ( It feels good when the ref things his his chrono is bad because of how inconsistent it is. My gun went that consistent right after i fixed the issue.

I have the pooty bolt and the v2 bolt. I cant tell a huge difference but pooty makes such good stuff and cant be worse for it. But i would say they are both way better then the v1 cupped face bolt.

As for the eyes i believe you want them to be set to standard and standard. Refer to Promods tuning/troubleshooting for eye settings. https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3828358
thanks for the fast response, i have done promods tuning guide. my eyes are set to standard/standard. but for some reason the top of the bolt clips one of the last paintballs. i dono what it is.

and iv actualy been trying to find an allen key that fits the top of the reg, and i cant. every allen key i have is a hair to small or a hair to big, i have metric and standard, and the allen keys that came with the gun. i have had no luck in moving that top hat screw.

and when u say clean the reg, do u mean just wipe and regrease the top 2 orings? or tear it down and re grease?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:27 AM #772
juggernaught_lives
Mowing Fools Since 1987

Quote:
thanks for the fast response, i have done promods tuning guide. my eyes are set to standard/standard. but for some reason the top of the bolt clips one of the last paintballs. i dono what it is.

and iv actualy been trying to find an allen key that fits the top of the reg, and i cant. every allen key i have is a hair to small or a hair to big, i have metric and standard, and the allen keys that came with the gun. i have had no luck in moving that top hat screw.

and when u say clean the reg, do u mean just wipe and regrease the top 2 orings? or tear it down and re grease?
Ideally a full tear down and regrease is always the best way to do it. You don't want to have to go back because you missed something.

Check your;
Breech Delay
• Breech Delay: This setpoint establishes the amount of time (in milliseconds) the eyes must see a ball in the breech. This ensures a ball has dropped fully into the breech before the marker fires.

Bolt Return
• Bolt Return : This setpoint establishes the amount of time (in milliseconds) after firing a round that the marker waits to see the bolt transition back past the eyes. This value can be lowered when using high performance aftermarket bolts or when a proper tuning procedure is performed. This delay also provides the time out period to determine if an eye fault (iFault™) has occurred
Old 12-07-2012, 01:27 AM #773
yourPBfriend
Your Paintball ProShop

Quote:

Now that you mention that i had to dig through my HUGE pile of allen keys to try and find one that fit the allen key. I mean pull it all apart and wipe the orings and lube them again. Really need to get into that top hat. I will try and figure out what size allen key that is.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:34 AM #774
wmaxham

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaught_lives View Post
1st) Do this and Re-Lube

2nd) Tune your Vapor following these steps.

This should get you back on track with consistency (as long as you don't glob on Lube) and help with the ball breaks which seems that your bolt delay might be too low.

Are you on Semi Unlimited?
i use psp capped 12bps.

im guessing by "do this" u mean just the reg tear down, i doubt i need to completely disassemble this biotch.

and i did tune the vap with the guide. im guessing its the reg or maybe my bolt, its having issues. the front o-ring of the bolt guide dosnt completly keep the metal from touching eachother, so part of the tip is scraped off. ill post a pic in a sec
Old 12-07-2012, 01:37 AM #775
wmaxham

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaught_lives View Post
Ideally a full tear down and regrease is always the best way to do it. You don't want to have to go back because you missed something.

Check your;
Breech Delay
• Breech Delay: This setpoint establishes the amount of time (in milliseconds) the eyes must see a ball in the breech. This ensures a ball has dropped fully into the breech before the marker fires.

Bolt Return
• Bolt Return : This setpoint establishes the amount of time (in milliseconds) after firing a round that the marker waits to see the bolt transition back past the eyes. This value can be lowered when using high performance aftermarket bolts or when a proper tuning procedure is performed. This delay also provides the time out period to determine if an eye fault (iFault™) has occurred
my breech delay is at 6ms. im wondering if it needs to be lower? im thinking the last ball comes down and bounces up then is pinched between the top of the bolt and the feed neck. because when paint breaks on the bolt. its always at the top of the bolt, never the bottom.

Bolt return was dialed in using the on board tunning.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:41 AM #776
yourPBfriend
Your Paintball ProShop

If you are referring to the bolt guide having wear on it i believe all of them get that. Ken the tech at machine paintball said the VAPORS LOVE lube. So dont be skimpy on the bolt and guide as far as lube goes.

My vapor would break paint and choke when it would fire and i think that could cause issues with the paint break at the end. I will let promod fix all your issues once he logs on. Im sure he can help. I even refer to him on my website in the vapor description lol

Old 12-07-2012, 01:44 AM #777
juggernaught_lives
Mowing Fools Since 1987

Quote:
my breech delay is at 6ms. im wondering if it needs to be lower? im thinking the last ball comes down and bounces up then is pinched between the top of the bolt and the feed neck. because when paint breaks on the bolt. its always at the top of the bolt, never the bottom.

Bolt return was dialed in using the on board tunning.
bump it up to 8 and test