PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-05-2004, 09:09 AM #1
Big Block

Ordered an Epic on Saturday

Well I ordered mine on Saturday 1/31, and got one of the last bead blasted versions. Should be here soon I hope. I also have a black Halo TSA LED coming for it as well. I have only really been a rec baller a couple times a year for the past decade on and off. I am looking forward to playing alot more this year when it warms up.

Well I am writing this for some feedback from other Epic owners as to what I should expect? I also have a couple of specific questions:

I have some spyder barrels (Lapco 14" Bigshot Aluminum, and a 12" Lapco Autospirit SS) so I got a Lapco Autococker-spyder barrel adapter. I don't know if it will work though...

I only have CO2 tanks, is the HPA a ness. addition/worth it for the epic, what would be the difference? If I was to get HPA, which tank should I get? Or should I get one big, or maybe just two small ones? Ideas here would be appreciated. Oh yeah I like, and I am used to running a remote. Anyone do this with the Epic?

Triggerpull- How adjustable is it? What kind of ROF can talented fingers get off?

Last thing not a question, but ROF is listed under specs for 03' as 12-15 BPS. Most posts in here are quoting old specs at 9 BPS. Just wanted to clear that up a little bit...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2004, 08:17 AM #2
Spartan X
Unbanned

Spartan X is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
If you type that right, you said you have a auo-cocker to spyder adaptor. that meen it will let you use autococker barrel on spyder gun, you need the other way around.

On the web site review they said that they ran both co2 and hpa with only a little diff showing, however, HPA will be worth it in the long run because when it gets cold your co2 will turn to liquid and you will end up getting barrel brakes and your shots will be very eratic.

As fare as it's know, the trigegr pul it NOT adjustable, Mech guns are usually not adjustable.

the 12-15 bps just meens the gun CAN do that. in 2003 Jim opened up the internals making it higherflow and able to go faster with out shoot down. the 2002's were limited to 9 bps, however you can send it to jim and have new internals put in it. I dout you will get over 10 bps on the epic, but it will suffice.

Old Feedback

My Lifestyle Determines My Deathstyle.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:59 PM #3
pepper908
FIERCE

first, yes the trigger actually is adjustable

the barrels will work without the adapter

and co2 it says that the flow vent regulator can help to reduce liquid co2 and such....but i have yet to test that

if you want some really good info get an issue of paintball mgazine issue for jan. they did a review on it
Closer to the prize at the end of the rope
Old 02-12-2004, 11:09 AM #4
suprtpr

suprtpr is a Supporting Member
Big Block, have you got it in yet? I am waiting for my Epic now. I ordered on 02-10-2004. Jim and Pat were a pleasure to work with. If the Epic is even close to the quality of customer service I am sure I will be pleased with it.

I read the article that pepper908 is talking about. It was actually in the feb 2004 issue of Paintball Magazine. The article was written by Linda "Psychomom" Ambler. It was a great article. I did notice that the phone number in the article was wrong. ICE's phone number should be (909) 598-0150. Pat told me that they had moved from La Puente, CA and now were located in Pomona, CA.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:52 PM #5
Big Block

I will get it tommorow, I got the last bead blast one, so it took a little longer. I plan on playing with it on Sunday. I am so exciteed I am ready to jump out of my skin. I have a new Halo TSA for it, that loader is way cool. I am going tyank shopping Sat. so I can see how they all feel. Should be fun. I cannot find that article online, but I will look at the store on Sat.... Well I had to wait a little bit, Pat and Jim were both great to me as well I have no complaints, I felt bad I was a bit of a pest, they were just getting mine setup to jim's standards before shipping. I will post pics eventually, and update tommorow hopefully... Finger, Legs, Arms, Toes, all crossed...
Old 02-13-2004, 09:19 AM #6
Big Block

WooHoo!!! It's in NJ, Gonna be there when I get home from work... Sweet....

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V gotta love tracking numbers...

Feb 13, 2004 6:33 am

Scanned at FedEx destination location

TRENTON - HD, NJ

5:22 am

Arrived at FedEx sort facility

TRENTON - HD, NJ

4:42 am

Departed FedEx sort facility

WOODBRIDGE, NJ

2:17 am

Scanned at FedEx sort facility

WOODBRIDGE, NJ

Feb 10, 2004 7:53 am

Scanned at FedEx sort facility

RIALTO, CA

3:46 am

Arrived at FedEx sort facility

RIALTO, CA

3:13 am

Departed FedEx sort facility

POMONA, CA

12:56 am

Loaded onto trailer at FedEx facility

POMONA, CA

12:24 am

Scanned at FedEx origin location

POMONA, CA

Feb 9, 2004 3:19 pm

Picked up by FedEx

POMONA, CA
Old 02-13-2004, 09:22 AM #7
Big Block

Oh yeah Barrel Adapter...

I have spyder barrels, they srew into the adapter, which has autococker threads to screw into the epic. sorry for the confusion... So what I have is a Spyder Barrel to Autococker adapter...
Old 02-18-2004, 02:08 PM #8
Big Block

I got it!!!

It is really awesome, the feel is great. Put about 100 shots through it last night. Zero Kick, very light trigger pull, lightest mechanical I have seen. The gun is so tight and solid, very small and light, yet obviously very well built and tough.

The sound is not really loud, just different, more shrill or higher pitched, but louder, I really do not think so. It has a higher pitched sound, but that does not mean louder. Generally people percieve a whistle to be louder than a bass drum, when in reality the noise in decibels is the same or even if the bass drum is louder. Kind of like a 2-stroke motor and a 4 stroke motor, even though you are hearing the same decibel level of either one, the higher pitch is "seems" louder. I have a decibel meter I use for my RC Airplanes, I'm going to check the decibels of a couple of markers.

I will post some pics under the pic thread as well.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:45 PM #9
suprtpr

suprtpr is a Supporting Member
Big Block, glad to hear you got it. I have seen some of your other posts made after anticipating it coming but you never mentioned if it came in. I'm still waiting for mine, Jim told me that he was going to try to ship on monday or tuesday. I hope he got it sent out to me.

Did you run it on co2 or have you got nitro yet?

I hope you enjoy it, I am sure I will when I get mine.

I like the way you stirred up Jack Rice on the "alien topic". I don't know if you saw the link I posted in the custom marker thread, but it brought you to the patent on the Epic. I really think Jack Rice is up for a hard fight if he thinks that his design dosen't infringe on Jim's Epic patent. Check it out its some really good reading.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:38 AM #10
Big Block

I ran it on CO2 and it worked fine, I really didn't get on it because it was only 40 degrees out, and it was dark. Unfortunately I will not get to try it in the daylight until this weekend. My buddy tried it as well and is inspired, he wants a new marker to try and one up me now, so I said, what non-electro are you going to find better, "no answer" I like it alot, It is so small, I'm thinking for my trips to Skirmish, I may run a remote. I will be looking at some 4500 tanks and will get whichever "fits" best.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:25 AM #11
Big Block

Yeah the moderator of the custom markers forum definitely plays favorites towards Alien Jack, Stinks like a fart in a car. I personally think Jack is taking a bunch of peoples money on a marker he will not be able to bring to market, not with out ICE's consent/sign off. I think my first poll was showing peoples dis-belief, and then it was closed. I guess the truth hurt a little too much. So I posted another poll, I'm sure will get closed /deleted even though it has everything to do with a custom marker in the custom markers thread and is an honest issue. Gotta love moderator bias... I could care less...

BB