Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-29-2012, 09:15 AM #1
e_b_l_s

Dry firing the Axe

I wanted to try dry firing my axe and i knew i had to turn the eyes off. Followed the manual to hold the trigger down while powering up the axe.

The green LED flashed twice rapidly, clearly showing that my eyes were off.

But nothing happened after squeezing the trigger. Am I doing it wrong?
e_b_l_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2012, 09:50 AM #2
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Turn your Axe off and pull the trigger. Do you hear a clicking noise? If not, your trigger activation point needs to be adjusted so that the trigger is activating the microswitch on the board. It's the screw behind and above the trigger.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:53 AM #3
e_b_l_s

Yes I hear the click..
Old 07-29-2012, 11:16 AM #4
private_silver
Fire and Forget.

private_silver is an NCPA player
private_silver plays in the APPA beginner division
Did you hold the button long enough? The boards are a little picky in the sense where you might just need to hold it for another second. Make sure the light stays blinking once you let go. It should blink at about double the normal speed
private_silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:03 PM #5
Lane821

Lane821 plays in the APPA D4 division
Lane821 supports Empire
Also make sure your relay is flipped on so you are getting air
Lane821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:19 PM #6
snoograss

snoograss is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
snoograss has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
snoograss supports Empire
which board do you have in your gun?

If it is the shockwave they changed the way you turn eyes off with the shockwave, all you have to do is turn it on and then press the power button one more time after it is on to put it in eyes off mode.
snoograss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:09 PM #7
e_b_l_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by private_silver View Post
Did you hold the button long enough? The boards are a little picky in the sense where you might just need to hold it for another second. Make sure the light stays blinking once you let go. It should blink at about double the normal speed
Yes its blinking all right. The blinks do not appear different as compared to when I turn the axe on normally (without holding the trigger down)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane821 View Post
Also make sure your relay is flipped on so you are getting air
Yes, it's on =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoograss View Post

If it is the shockwave they changed the way you turn eyes off with the shockwave, all you have to do is turn it on and then press the power button one more time after it is on to put it in eyes off mode.
Your method of pressing the button once more doesn't work =(

Last edited by e_b_l_s : 07-30-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:49 AM #8
e_b_l_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoograss View Post

My Axe came with the Optimus 1 board. how do I turn the eyes off for this board?

Last edited by e_b_l_s : 07-30-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:57 AM #9
WP2015
ACL tears are no bueno

WP2015 plays in the PSP
WP2015 is playing at Living Legends VIII
WP2015 is an NCPA player
WP2015 supports Pev's Paintball
WP2015 is Legendary
WP2015 supports Empire
WP2015 is All In
if the eyes are off, the light will blink twice as fast as normal. to turn the eyes off with the optimus, hold the trigger down while turning the gun on. it may take a few tries, but as long as your activation point isn't messed up, this should work.
Bring me ETACS or Skull Eflexes - PM Me
WP2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:01 AM #10
e_b_l_s

So I've tried a million and one times but still couldn't get the eyes off. The green LED flashed equally fast with and without holding the trigger while powering up.

But that aside, I tried to operate the axe normally with paint (gas up, powering up the axe) but it isn't firing at all. Nothing wrong with the trigger adjustments.
I do hear the click when i hold onto the trigger. What could be wrong? =(

But I did noticed something. In the manual (page 11, point 12); it says that when a trigger pull is recognized, the LED will flash dim red for each pull. Mine
just shows the intermittent green flashes. No trigger pull was detected? Hmmm......

Last edited by e_b_l_s : 07-31-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:23 AM #11
IBleed Arbor
take that for data

IBleed Arbor owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Take the eyes out and then put them back in. Then reset the board and change the battery.
IBleed Arbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:05 AM #12
e_b_l_s

I've contacted paintball solutions... Hopefully they can help
Old 07-31-2012, 12:18 PM #13
WP2015
ACL tears are no bueno

WP2015 plays in the PSP
WP2015 is an NCPA player
WP2015 is Legendary
WP2015 supports Empire
WP2015 is All In
This is definitely an activation point problem. The click you are hearing is either the trigger hitting the frame or the magnet bouncing - bottom line - not the electrical trigger you need. This is caused by the adjustment screws coming loose. If you take the gun apart, adjust the hidden screw, your problem will be solved
Old 07-31-2012, 02:55 PM #14
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

^^ I think the click he's hearing is the microswitch, in which case it wouldn't be an activation problem.

OP: Pull your trigger SOFTLY. You should hear a click coming from the internals of the gun, ie: not the trigger or the magnet hitting the frame. If not, you need to adjust your activation point screw. You don't need to tale the gun apart either, just get the long end of the smallest allan key and go behind/above your trigger. The magnet on teh gripframe will try to catch it, but if you can align it right, you'll be able to adjust the activation point from there.

Like I said before, if you're trying to have the shortest trigger pull possible, this will not work for you. You must adjust the pull to be slightly longer so that the screw isn't bottoming out the microswitch.

If any of what I've said confuses you, take it to a shop.

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 07-31-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:58 PM #15
WP2015
ACL tears are no bueno

WP2015 plays in the PSP
WP2015 is an NCPA player
WP2015 is Legendary
WP2015 supports Empire
WP2015 is All In
but if you look at his gun's symptoms - no light flash when he pulls the trigger, can't deactivate eyes, and gun won't fire - those all point to activation point problem. its a ten minute fix, so it doesn't hurt to try
Old 07-31-2012, 03:14 PM #16
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

If he can't deactivate the eyes, that has nothing to do with the activation point. I had an optimus board in my Axe before I got a Redline, and I never had the LED flash with a trigger pull, it was just constantly flashing.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:09 PM #17
WP2015
ACL tears are no bueno

WP2015 plays in the PSP
WP2015 is an NCPA player
WP2015 is Legendary
WP2015 supports Empire
WP2015 is All In
He needs the trigger to register so he can deactivate the eyes(?) i had the same problem, went away as soon as I ash muster that screw
Old 08-01-2012, 01:19 AM #18
Cromer611

Cromer611 is BST Trusted
Cromer611 plays in the PSP
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
If you hear the click from the micro switch and not your noid then it's either unplugged or you need a new noid. Check your "eye board" to "foregrip board" and make sure all the prongs are straight and not bent. If they are, straighten them without breaking them and connect them again.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:25 AM #19
Cromer611

Cromer611 is BST Trusted
Cromer611 plays in the PSP
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
When I said noid unplugged, I forgot to mention something. Often times people pull on the wires to disconnect the two wire connector. Sometimes doing so will break the wire at the connector or cause a weak connection.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:05 AM #20
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromer611 View Post
When I said noid unplugged, I forgot to mention something. Often times people pull on the wires to disconnect the two wire connector. Sometimes doing so will break the wire at the connector or cause a weak connection.
Yep. I always use a toothpick to separate the harness from the board, since I tape my noid wire to my noid so it's out of the way.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:16 AM #21
e_b_l_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP2015 View Post
This is definitely an activation point problem. The click you are hearing is either the trigger hitting the frame or the magnet bouncing - bottom line - not the electrical trigger you need. This is caused by the adjustment screws coming loose. If you take the gun apart, adjust the hidden screw, your problem will be solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
^^ I think the click he's hearing is the microswitch, in which case it wouldn't be an activation problem.

OP: Pull your trigger SOFTLY. You should hear a click coming from the internals of the gun, ie: not the trigger or the magnet hitting the frame. If not, you need to adjust your activation point screw. You don't need to tale the gun apart either, just get the long end of the smallest allan key and go behind/above your trigger. The magnet on teh gripframe will try to catch it, but if you can align it right, you'll be able to adjust the activation point from there.

Like I said before, if you're trying to have the shortest trigger pull possible, this will not work for you. You must adjust the pull to be slightly longer so that the screw isn't bottoming out the microswitch.

If any of what I've said confuses you, take it to a shop.
The click came before the magnet or the screw above it reaches the maximum.

Quote:
but if you look at his gun's symptoms - no light flash when he pulls the trigger, can't deactivate eyes, and gun won't fire - those all point to activation point problem. its a ten minute fix, so it doesn't hurt to try
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
If he can't deactivate the eyes, that has nothing to do with the activation point. I had an optimus board in my Axe before I got a Redline, and I never had the LED flash with a trigger pull, it was just constantly flashing.

According to the manual, a red LED should flash when a trigger pull is detected. It will appear as solid red when the trigger is held down.

Quote:
He needs the trigger to register so he can deactivate the eyes(?) i had the same problem, went away as soon as I ash muster that screw
I believe nothing is wrong with the activation point. I heard the click before the magnet or the screw above it touches the end.

Quote:
If you hear the click from the micro switch and not your noid then it's either unplugged or you need a new noid. Check your "eye board" to "foregrip board" and make sure all the prongs are straight and not bent. If they are, straighten them without breaking them and connect them again.
Quote:
The good people from Paintball Solutions did ask me to check the prongs. They're all looking good and not a single one of them appears to be bent. I have never stripped my gun before. It never got to work properly out of the box.. =(