Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-05-2004, 03:11 PM #64
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by BCpro05
you can stay there with the liberal entertainers that threatened that during the 2000 election..but wait, it turns out they were just kidding!

Assansination is a laughing matter?
Thank you captain obvious for pointing out that the liberals moving to canada were not serious.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2004, 03:25 PM #65
BCpro05

BCpro05 supports Team VICIOUS
Thats Lt Obvious pal! ;-)
Old 08-05-2004, 03:46 PM #66
Vladmir

haha BCpro
Old 08-05-2004, 04:40 PM #67
*NiTr0*
Ex *********

*NiTr0* is a Supporting Member
So, If we didnt go into Iraq, by now, how many iraqis wouldve been killed by saddam? Alot more than we've lost fighting over there.

Ex moderator
Old 08-05-2004, 04:56 PM #68
BCpro05

BCpro05 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally posted by *NiTr0*
So, If we didnt go into Iraq, by now, how many iraqis wouldve been killed by saddam? Alot more than we've lost fighting over there.
The welfare of the Iraqis unfortunately isn't our main concern or the primary driving force behind our going into Iraq, but was definitely one of the things we looked at when deciding how to best go about the war. I would however be more concerned with how far along Saddam would be in his attempts at aligning with terrorist organizations..YES! even Al-Qaeda and how many more attacks we'd be enduring?

I firmly believe in taking the fight to the enemy...of which Saddam was definitely an "enemy" before he brings it to us!
Old 08-05-2004, 05:00 PM #69
Vladmir

Quote:
I agree Saddam is/was a sonofa*****. He has killed iraqis out the *** and needed to be stopped. The question is when. Im all for removing Saddam from power when the timing is right, but after we were already engaged in Afghanistan we didn't need a second conflict. As a result we hurt relations with crucial allies, gave France more leverage in the U.N. and spent a LOT of money.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:26 PM #70
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Deceit

Shame on you for thinking that the conservative approach is the right approach.
Do some reading, you might learn something..

Read Capitalism and Freedom by Milton Friedman, one of the most influencial economists the world has ever seen.. If he doesn't help you develop conservative views, then I don't know what will.. You'll be eternally blind to facts.. Yes, FACTS..

He deals with the "welfare" state, social "security," and a wealth of other economic and political topics (trade unions, et al). If you can read a liberal book, and then a conservative one about the SAME topic, I do not know how one could possible chose the former.. It is seriously beyond my grasp of comprehension.. One of the foremost economists of our time is proving how the liberal agenda HURTS who they seek to help, and all the left does is turn their backs..
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old 08-05-2004, 08:01 PM #71
oreo
Undercover Brother

oreo is a Supporting Member
oreo is a Paintball photographer
i agree with solrflare,ikiru,ckyskizzy,Mag Master 21,SlingerXL

no matter what leader we have, now matter how crazy the war is if my country calls me to fight for it i will gladly go, its the least i could do for liveing alot more free then 99% of the other countrys
Old 08-05-2004, 08:37 PM #72
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by Mag Master 21
Do some reading, you might learn something..

Read Capitalism and Freedom by Milton Friedman, one of the most influencial economists the world has ever seen.. If he doesn't help you develop conservative views, then I don't know what will.. You'll be eternally blind to facts.. Yes, FACTS..

He deals with the "welfare" state, social "security," and a wealth of other economic and political topics (trade unions, et al). If you can read a liberal book, and then a conservative one about the SAME topic, I do not know how one could possible chose the former.. It is seriously beyond my grasp of comprehension.. One of the foremost economists of our time is proving how the liberal agenda HURTS who they seek to help, and all the left does is turn their backs..
I lost that post where you already said this so I'm just gonna post what I said again too.

I read about 3/4 of that book last year. It's damn old (I think it was published in the 60's) and he actually labels his ideas "liberal'. Now, given, the book's ideas would probably be considered republican today, but its interesting to see how politics have changed.

Mag, name a liberal economic book you've read. Hopefully it won't include that godforsaken, Red, White, and Liberal. While the ideas themselves aren't terrible, the way they are presented in the book sucks. Colmes should stick to TV.

Blinded by the Right : The Conscience of an Ex-Conservative was a pretty good read in contrast.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:17 PM #73
sKum9696

Quote:
Originally posted by Parkert1234
If he wins, I'm moving to canada.
w00t
Old 08-06-2004, 02:49 AM #74
Sacintimidator06
Obey Propaganda

Quote:
Originally posted by snipe99X
I do wish he did more to protect our borders, my views may be a little extreme, but someone needs to get rid of all the illegal immigrants. The way I see it if a family of Mexicans can get in here, the terrorists can too.
If you honestly thing that the immigrants that come into the US hurt us, you really need to think about with out the Mexican population in the US, our Economy would fall apart. With out them to pick your crops, who would? Would you work for $2.00 an hour for back braking laber? Probably not... So before you say something like that, think about how much in debt the US would be then... Think before you speak please.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:11 AM #75
Vladmir

While some of what he said was stupid, you'll notice he said "illegal immigrants" not immigrants. I dont think many people have problems with immigrants these days, but he is right. If they aren't paying taxes, they shouldn't be here.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:14 AM #76
Sacintimidator06
Obey Propaganda

Most farm workers, are illegal immigrants. If they are not being paid federal minimum wage, why should they pay taxes?
Old 08-06-2004, 03:31 AM #77
Vladmir

If they weren't illegal immigrants they wouldn't be working for less than minimum...

They can't go get help from the gvmt because they'd get deported.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:01 AM #78
*NiTr0*
Ex *********

*NiTr0* is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by SmartParts Army
My mom says if the draft comes back shes taking me to canada...
Would you like $15,000?

Ex moderator
Old 08-06-2004, 10:19 AM #79
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Would you like $15,000?
Oh ***** yeah!
Old 08-07-2004, 08:13 PM #80
therandommherrro

i dont kno why yall hate bush, he was able to keep this country together through 9/11, i beleive that there were weapons of mass destruction in iraq, but when u give them half a yr to give them up, theres plenty of time to smuggle them out of the country, and i beleive in the war we're fighting in, and 900 americans dead is not that many, more people died in world war 2 in a single battle. So back off bush
Old 08-08-2004, 11:55 AM #81
NorCalBaller88
iFap

Quote:
Originally posted by oreo
i agree with solrflare,ikiru,ckyskizzy,Mag Master 21,SlingerXL

no matter what leader we have, now matter how crazy the war is if my country calls me to fight for it i will gladly go, its the least i could do for liveing alot more free then 99% of the other countrys
See the thing is about this war, at least half (about) of America was against this war. So really, only about half the country would be calling you to duty. Isn't that enough to make you raise your eyebrow and just think about whether you REALLY want to sacrifice your life for something that about half of America was against?

"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
Old 08-08-2004, 12:08 PM #82
NorCalBaller88
iFap

Quote:
Originally posted by therandommherrro
i dont kno why yall hate bush, he was able to keep this country together through 9/11, i beleive that there were weapons of mass destruction in iraq, but when u give them half a yr to give them up, theres plenty of time to smuggle them out of the country, and i beleive in the war we're fighting in, and 900 americans dead is not that many, more people died in world war 2 in a single battle. So back off bush
This country could have stayed together after 9/11 without bush just as easily. If you really think Americans are that weak, then you vastly underestimate your own people.

Also, you seem to underestimate our intelligent agencies. Sure they were wrong about WMD, even MI6 says there really is no proof that Saddam was producing WMD, and that is comming from MI6, THE BEST intelligence agencies in the world. You cannot say that Saddam smuggled his Sh*t out of the country. That kind of activity would have been picked up by spy sattilites in a second.

Also the question really is not if he has the weapons or not. He did HAVE them. We gave them to him under the reagan and Bush Sr. admins. Beginning in 1984 until 1990 when tensions increased. Those same bio weapons we gave them were used againt the Iranians and the Kurds.

You may not think that 900 deaths are a lot, but why not go tell that to the families that lost their children for NO REASON. At least in WW2 we were motivated and ready to die for a reason. No one questioned that war. That was a mistake for you to even think to compare the both of those wars.
Nice going.

"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
Old 08-08-2004, 02:08 PM #83
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by NorCalBaller88
This country could have stayed together after 9/11 without bush just as easily. If you really think Americans are that weak, then you vastly underestimate your own people.

Also, you seem to underestimate our intelligent agencies. Sure they were wrong about WMD, even MI6 says there really is no proof that Saddam was producing WMD, and that is comming from MI6, THE BEST intelligence agencies in the world. You cannot say that Saddam smuggled his Sh*t out of the country. That kind of activity would have been picked up by spy sattilites in a second.

Also the question really is not if he has the weapons or not. He did HAVE them. We gave them to him under the reagan and Bush Sr. admins. Beginning in 1984 until 1990 when tensions increased. Those same bio weapons we gave them were used againt the Iranians and the Kurds.

You may not think that 900 deaths are a lot, but why not go tell that to the families that lost their children for NO REASON. At least in WW2 we were motivated and ready to die for a reason. No one questioned that war. That was a mistake for you to even think to compare the both of those wars.
Nice going.
Took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:18 PM #84
galli2001

Quote:
Originally posted by Sacintimidator06
If you honestly thing that the immigrants that come into the US hurt us, you really need to think about with out the Mexican population in the US, our Economy would fall apart. With out them to pick your crops, who would? Would you work for $2.00 an hour for back braking laber? Probably not... So before you say something like that, think about how much in debt the US would be then... Think before you speak please.

You honestly think Mexicans should freely be able to hop the border? To me, if theyre illegal boot their *****.