Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 PM #1345
HeadHunter team SOVA

HeadHunter team SOVA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
HeadHunter team SOVA owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
If there is no change when adjusting the HPR usually that means you need a new piston. Check out the seal at the end of the shaft. See if it is still intact.
Thanks, Changed out all O-rings in reg, checked QEV (back) cone was good.
Just chrono'd 277,275,278... Shootin great.

Thanks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2013, 06:48 PM #1346
UcLafan31689

has been a member for 10 years
UcLafan31689 supports Team VICIOUS
UcLafan31689 is Legendary
Got a friends Ego11 that wont shoot above 200. Cleaned the HPR, LPR, even had a new solenoid put into it. Nothing seems the fix the problem. All board settings are stock as well. Any ideas?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:37 PM #1347
NicholasHoey
PB, No Jellies Allowed

NicholasHoey plays in the APPA D5 division
NicholasHoey supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcLafan31689 View Post
Got a friends Ego11 that wont shoot above 200. Cleaned the HPR, LPR, even had a new solenoid put into it. Nothing seems the fix the problem. All board settings are stock as well. Any ideas?
that was happening to my 11
there's a tiny oring inside the HPR adjuster assembly, i changed that and now it's getting 285+/-5
w/ the right barrel i could probably get higher but my HPR is still pretty much maxed...so there might be something else wrong
Old 01-21-2013, 01:10 AM #1348
MaxDevastation

MaxDevastation donated to help Peyton Trent
MaxDevastation supports our troops
Just picked up an Ego 10 and while going through it I noticed the hpr spring has some resistance being mounted on the piston. Tried the other way and it wouldn't go on at all. Is this normal for the ego10? Would this be a reason the adjuster was all the way out to reach an acceptable velocity?
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM #1349
NaftySquared

Bill, I am having issues with my Ego 11. The gun has all stock settings 15.5 dwell, LPR 2 turns, stock noid 5/7, and I have been adjusting the HPR. I have tried the HPR from 4 turns in to 1 turn in. I cannot consistently get my velocity over around 265.

I have cleaned and re-lubed the HPR, LPR, and ram as well as replacing the battery with a new duracell but the problem persists. Do you have any advice to increase the velocity? Thank you.

Last edited by NaftySquared : 01-21-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:03 PM #1350
boomerrw

/\/\ As NaftySquared said. I have a very similar issue on my 11. Is it possible the very large hpr piston oring needs to be changed?

As far as flipping the reg seat: mine is slightly mushroomed at the top & isnt able to move freely on the spring when flipped.

My gun chronoed at 300fps but then after i ran a point, velocity was at 270s & would not adjust any higher.

My settings are 16ms dwell, lpr adjusted a turn higher than stock, sfr stock 5/7, high power solenoid, ninja pro at 550psi, I do have a dart kit installed but i had over 30,000 shots on the dart before this issue.

Thanks for any help

Last edited by boomerrw : 01-21-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: more info
Old 01-21-2013, 05:43 PM #1351
NaftySquared

You are around 270 Boomer? I have now changed my HPR regulator seal, purge poppet assembly, piston o-ring and #008 o-ring inside the adjuster. Still having the same problems, velocity from 245-265.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:52 PM #1352
sibby

sibby is a founding member
sibby donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaftySquared View Post
You are around 270 Boomer? I have now changed my HPR regulator seal, purge poppet assembly, piston o-ring and #008 o-ring inside the adjuster. Still having the same problems, velocity from 245-265.
Was having the same velocity issues the last month. I tried everything you mentioned and more! What finally worked for me tonight, was turning my LPR 1.5 in from flush and most importantly my dwell up from 15.5ms to 16.1ms. My HPR still a has about another 1.5 turns out until it bottoms out, so I could probably get even more FPS. With these settings I shot 288, 282, 284 fps, which great considering that I had not shot over 265 for a month.

Slowly keep moving your dwell up and see if it gets better. That is my .02 cents. Good luck.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:02 PM #1353
NaftySquared

I will give that a shot tomorrow, thanks for the advice sibby.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:23 PM #1354
lildrumdude3

lildrumdude3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lildrumdude3 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lildrumdude3 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lildrumdude3 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hi there so my buddy just got an egoX and the gun screen went blank. It was fine then all of a sudden no lettering it shoots fine turns on off bright backlight everything just no lettering
Already switched out battery twice any ideas?
Old 01-22-2013, 12:20 AM #1355
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

smokefools66 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Ninja Paintball
smokefools66 supports Empire
Ok turns out its leaking from the valve hole in the breech. I believe my valve face is scratched and causing the leak.

Last edited by smokefools66 : 01-22-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:31 AM #1356
King K-Lin34
King Paintball

King K-Lin34 is playing at Living Legends IX
King K-Lin34 is an NCPA player
King K-Lin34 supports Pev's Paintball
King K-Lin34 is Boss
King K-Lin34 supports Ninja Paintball
Hi Bill, I have an SL94 that is leaking from inside the grip. I've changed/lubed a few Orings but haven't had any luck so far. I also changed the valve but it is still a tiny leak coming from inside the grip. Also I'm having trouble getting the gun to chrono above 260. I was wondering if the leak could be causing this?

Thanks,
KL

MATRIX
Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 AM #1357
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by UcLafan31689 View Post
Flip over the regulator seat inside the HPR adjuster assembly. I would also recommend purchasing a replacement.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 AM #1358
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDevastation View Post
Just picked up an Ego 10 and while going through it I noticed the hpr spring has some resistance being mounted on the piston. Tried the other way and it wouldn't go on at all. Is this normal for the ego10? Would this be a reason the adjuster was all the way out to reach an acceptable velocity?
it should slide on fairly easy. I would recommend using a rat tail file and file down the inside of the first coil. This will also help with consistency.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:01 PM #1359
NaftySquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaftySquared View Post
Bill, I am having issues with my Ego 11. The gun has all stock settings 15.5 dwell, LPR 2 turns, stock noid 5/7, and I have been adjusting the HPR. I have tried the HPR from 4 turns in to 1 turn in. I cannot consistently get my velocity over around 265.

I have cleaned and re-lubed the HPR, LPR, and ram as well as replacing the battery with a new duracell but the problem persists. I have now changed my HPR regulator seal, purge poppet assembly, piston o-ring and #008 o-ring inside the adjuster. Do you have any advice to increase the velocity? Thank you.
Bill, I have upped my dwell to 17 and LPR to 1.5 turns on my Ego 11 with sibby's suggestion to get my velocity around 275. Still, it seems there is a problem that my ego11 will not shoot +/-285 with the factory stock settings. Please advise.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:09 PM #1360
?DevilDog?

?DevilDog? plays in the PSP
?DevilDog? donated to help Peyton Trent
?DevilDog? owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
?DevilDog? owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
?DevilDog? supports Pev's Paintball
?DevilDog? has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
To all the players with problems with velocity and consistency issues. I had the same issue with 2 different ego 11's in the last 6 months. After getting rid of the first one when I finally got fed up I bought another BRAND NEW one and had the same issue. I have warranty coverage on it and turned it into my field which is a Master tech field. They thought that it had a bad noid after checking over the usual stuff. The noid came in they switched it out and still the problem persisted. The field owner called Gerry at PE Rhode Island again and they collectively found the culprit. As he explained to me the the air hole leading into the breach that the rammer is in wasn't large enough/possible bure clogging hole. He reamed it out with a drill bit "slightly" and put everything back together and aired it up and the velocity jumped up by 40 fps and stayed consistent. They cataloged the serial number to track if there was a batch that all might have this issue.
TCP H8 factory Captain (3 years)
Orange/Green LV1
DARK/LADY GEO 3.1
Old 01-23-2013, 07:44 PM #1361
dominantgazelle

dominantgazelle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Hey Bill,

What year trigger does the SL74 use?

Thanks
Old 01-24-2013, 07:54 AM #1362
sibby

sibby is a founding member
sibby donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ?DevilDog? View Post
To all the players with problems with velocity and consistency issues. I had the same issue with 2 different ego 11's in the last 6 months. After getting rid of the first one when I finally got fed up I bought another BRAND NEW one and had the same issue. I have warranty coverage on it and turned it into my field which is a Master tech field. They thought that it had a bad noid after checking over the usual stuff. The noid came in they switched it out and still the problem persisted. The field owner called Gerry at PE Rhode Island again and they collectively found the culprit. As he explained to me the the air hole leading into the breach that the rammer is in wasn't large enough/possible bure clogging hole. He reamed it out with a drill bit "slightly" and put everything back together and aired it up and the velocity jumped up by 40 fps and stayed consistent. They cataloged the serial number to track if there was a batch that all might have this issue.

Wow, great information. Might have to go digging for this "air hole" to inspect it.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:29 PM #1363
NaftySquared

I found the air hole DevilDog was referring to. But it seems like it would be extremely hard to ream the hole properly with the angle it is at. There really isn't any easy way to access it. The most logical solution I see at this point is using a Pooty modded bolt which increases the velocity by around 14 fps.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:54 PM #1364
?DevilDog?

?DevilDog? plays in the PSP
?DevilDog? donated to help Peyton Trent
?DevilDog? owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
?DevilDog? owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
?DevilDog? supports Pev's Paintball
?DevilDog? has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think you take the gun completely apart and ream it from the bottom. I dunno though, like I said a master tech did it. The pooty mod bolt won't help it that much I know because I have the DART kit in mine.
TCP H8 factory Captain (3 years)
Orange/Green LV1
DARK/LADY GEO 3.1
Old 01-25-2013, 11:35 PM #1365
monkeyhobo28436
rr.

monkeyhobo28436 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
The noid on my 08 ego won't click. The board turns on fine, microswitch is clicking and even displays when the trigger is pulled correctly on the LCD. I even tried plugging in a different noid and still no luck.

I'm thinking that both noids I used aren't broken, could it be the board? what else could it be?

Thanks
Closed Thread