PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 08:19 AM #127
Marine786

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HP]Tweek1957 View Post
So the best news I've gotten since I got here almost a year ago came down. I got the TCN duty to Ali .

Can anyone who has recently been tell me what I should expect on the AF side? Army guys keep *****ing about the food. But how are the facilities, the location, how far away from the beach am I? I haven't seen an ocean front beach in over a year and I miss it like crazy.

And to hell with non-deployable AFSCs.
ali= hella nice place. Its an AF base, so food/living conditions/everything else is pretty awesome.

Last edited by Marine786 : 03-22-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2009, 08:22 AM #128
berry_wendel
I WILL RULE YOU!!!

berry_wendel is playing at Living Legends III
berry_wendel owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
berry_wendel supports Team VICIOUS
berry_wendel is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Finally getting to talk to a recuiter tomorrow, get some **** figured out and enlist and start student flight in June
Old 03-22-2009, 10:53 AM #129
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

has been a member for 10 years
kapp_badbloodz supports Cereal Killerz 2
kapp_badbloodz supports our troops
kapp_badbloodz is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo View Post
opsec my friends....opsec...
VETERAN MILITIA
Old 03-22-2009, 12:04 PM #130
Wilson1
Kramerica Industries

Headed up to the hotel tomorrow to ship out for BMT on tuesday. Any tips on what to bring/not bring with me? I just plan on bringing a change of civvies, travel size toiletries, toothbrush/holder, shower shoes and paperwork. Anything else?

My recruiter took a week of leave and isn't available until wednesday so I'm kinda SOL with any questions I might have had lol.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:37 PM #131
oreo
Undercover Brother

oreo is a Supporting Member
oreo is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson1 View Post
Headed up to the hotel tomorrow to ship out for BMT on tuesday. Any tips on what to bring/not bring with me? I just plan on bringing a change of civvies, travel size toiletries, toothbrush/holder, shower shoes and paperwork. Anything else?

My recruiter took a week of leave and isn't available until wednesday so I'm kinda SOL with any questions I might have had lol.
dont bring shower shoes, toothbrush and stuff like that... you will be buying it all again when you go to the BX

because most likely your TI is going to want everyone to have the same shower shoes, and other stuff.

bring a change of clothes (nothing air force) all of your paperwork. dont let MEPS try to keep anything (they like to do that)

i can't beleave your recruiter takes leave the same week he has someon shipping out. what a dirtbag.

Last edited by oreo : 03-22-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:53 PM #132
Wilson1
Kramerica Industries

Quote:
dont bring shower shoes, toothbrush and stuff like that... you will be buying it all again when you go to the BX

because most likely your TI is going to want everyone to have the same shower shoes, and other stuff.

bring a change of clothes (nothing air force) all of your paperwork. dont let MEPS try to keep anything (they like to do that)

i can't beleave your recruiter takes leave the same week he has someon shipping out. what a dirtbag.
Sounds good.

And yeah I was shocked when my recruiter took leave when another kid and I are shipping out on the same day. He never was too helpful anyways.

Whatever, I'm just psyched that I'm moving on.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:52 PM #133
oreo
Undercover Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson1 View Post
Sounds good.

And yeah I was shocked when my recruiter took leave when another kid and I are shipping out on the same day. He never was too helpful anyways.

Whatever, I'm just psyched that I'm moving on.
try to get as much sleep as possible! sleep on the plane! you will not be sleeping much the first few days...hell the next 8 and half weeks. when they ask you if you play a instrument NO.... i say it one more time **** NO!

I was in the band squadron but was a marching flight... and band flights suck.

you will have keys around your neck... tuck them in your shirt or your TI will use it as a leash and wipe the floor with you.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:54 PM #134
Wilson1
Kramerica Industries

Got it. I don't play anything anyways.

Thanks for the tips
Old 03-22-2009, 03:58 PM #135
oreo
Undercover Brother

if you have any other questions you ask i be on for about 20 more min...
Old 03-22-2009, 04:13 PM #136
Wilson1
Kramerica Industries

None that I can think of for now, but thanks again.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:34 PM #137
akruse21

akruse21 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapp_badbloodz View Post
OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC OPSEC

OPSEC
Quote:
opsec my friends....opsec...
Quote:
Again, for all you OPSEC screamers, if something is of sensitive nature, best bet is to NOT scream out that the post in question has questionable material in it. Report it and ignore it. You screaming out only amplifies the issues.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:39 PM #138
infotography (Banned)

infotography is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
yeah actually its pretty decent... well... not on base that is. About 25 minuites down the road is a place called Real McCoys and its pretty sweet. 2 airball fields (NPPL and Xball) and plenty of teams on Sunday... whoa boy its pretty much heaven for me.

I played nationals the past few years. I was D2 NPPL and was about to play D1 eventually when I found a new team. I joined the military cause I didnt have a whole lot of cash to continue my habits and I needed to continue my education.

So I show up on sunday out at RM and I watch the field team play. I practice with them once 3 weeks later and I got an invite to play for the team. Its pretty sweet and a bunch of good guys.

I just dropped 1250 on a new SL74 ego so im totally going to shoot some faces off when I get back. I want to start pursuing becomming a competative athlete again. IDK if the AF will give me enough time to do it though... we'll see.
been debating if I will play this season.. I could prolly hop on a NPPL team... but I will likely stick to rafting this year and just play some rec-ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HP]Tweek1957 View Post
So the best news I've gotten since I got here almost a year ago came down. I got the TCN duty to Ali Al Salem Kuwait.
2 of my buddies are going to the same place, same time for the same job.. You may meet them
Old 03-22-2009, 08:46 PM #139
zackipoo82
Sexual Chocolate

zackipoo82 is an NCPA player
zackipoo82 plays in the APPA beginner division
zackipoo82 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
zackipoo82 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Why is band flight so bad? I've heard mixed reviews...some people said it was good cause you got **** early and got to sit in an air conditioned room and practice while others are doing ***** work and ****.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:13 AM #140
oreo
Undercover Brother

you don't march down the bomb run, looking **** hot in front of your parents. It may not seem much but once you go through all that. it is the most important thing to you.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:30 AM #141
zackipoo82
Sexual Chocolate

zackipoo82 is an NCPA player
zackipoo82 plays in the APPA beginner division
zackipoo82 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
zackipoo82 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Oh word....yeah that is pretty important....If my mom didnt get a chance to take a picture of me at my BMT graduation I would be afraid to leave for fear of the wrath of my mother not being able to take a picture of me on such a huge occasion in my life.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:40 AM #142
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

basic... oh god

dont take anything with you but a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts, buy a bundle of new underwear from walmat unless you like tighty-whities, and a fresh t-shirt or two.

DO NOT... I REPEAT... DO NOT WEAR ANYTHING AIR FORCE! YOU WILL GET GRILLED AND SET A STANDARD FOR YOURSELF FROM DAY ONE!!!!!!!

dont steal from the chow hall, dont be an individual, dont be slow, and dont be a butt ****ing quitter. we had 3 guys fall out the first week cause they couldnt handle it. it was retarded.

funny story though. some kid in a baby flight stole some peanut butter cups from the chow hall and they caught the empty cups in the garbage. the tema ratted him out and the TIs made him do the peanut butter jelly time song and dance for the WHOLE SQUADRON!!! it was ****ing HILARIOUS!!!

you will always remember basic. its some of the best and worst and FUNNIEST times in your life!
VETERAN MILITIA
Old 03-23-2009, 09:58 AM #143
Wilson1
Kramerica Industries

Alright boys I'm off to the hotel. Definately wasn't going to wear anything AF related haha, white t and jeans for me.

I'll report back in about 8.5 weeks.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:42 AM #144
cstasny

Quote:
you don't march down the bomb run, looking **** hot in front of your parents. It may not seem much but once you go through all that. it is the most important thing to you.
The week after I graduated a thunder strom rolled in and all the flights had to do their graduation in ABU's under the over hang of their dorm.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:05 PM #145
krazaykid

Quote:
AGG is for FAGS!

but ill post a cool picture from my deployment

haha cool pic, be safe bro!

\VAMPIRE MACDEV DROID FOR SALE OR TRADE..DM9 COME!!
GEARBAG SALEE
TEAM 5 BOROUGHS 2009
MACDEV
"If my boys and your boys ever meet in a gunfight, we will **** you up"
Old 03-23-2009, 03:59 PM #146
kapp_badbloodz
CLASSIFIED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazaykid View Post
haha cool pic, be safe bro!
i was giving you **** about the AGG thing... just not my style

thanks man I try every day.
VETERAN MILITIA
Old 03-23-2009, 09:00 PM #147
[HP]Tweek1957
Warheads on Foreheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine786 View Post
ali= hella nice place. Its an AF base, so food/living conditions/everything else is pretty awesome.
This is all I wanted to know with a little more detail. I"m not asking specifics just general knowledge of living conditions and what I should expect but whatever.

oh yeah and

Tweek, you are my hero
Appels77- thanks to games like GT4 and Forza i really knew how to handle a car. I mean it was not hard at all, i was not even scared when first doing it.
thallium-
i to ask and be off topic at the same time....but i've always wondered who the hell is shens?

Last edited by [HP]Tweek1957 : 03-23-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Closed Thread