Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 08:28 PM #1450
Baccummba

Hey guys! Just got a hold of an ego 08 and its having some sporadic leaking near the solenoid. What I mean is, sometimes it leaks sometimes it doesn't. I have tadao board with the debounce at 10ms, cycle % filter at 10, dwell at 14ms, bolt delay 10ms, i believe the stock bolt, and a 68/45 pure energy tank

Basically it had a small leak near the noid, dropped it off at a shop, they called me to say the leak was gone, went picked it up, aired it with one of their tanks and low and behold no leak.

Went home about 30mins later aired up with my tank and boom slight leak still there. Shot a few times and leak went away but came back once my air almost gone. As far as I know the orings are fairly new, and battery has 3/4 life left. Any ideas folks?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2013, 03:34 AM #1451
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sounds like it could be one of a few things...
Most common leak in an 08 is the top rear grip cover screw is to tight and is putting pressure on the hose/barb set up. Loosen it a bit. If it continues you will have to replace both.

QEV diaphragm on its way out.

Check the LPR piston. Make sure the seal is still intact. It is at the end of the shaft. It will be a plastic like disc pressed into the end.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:18 PM #1452
[L.D.50]
Teh Hammer

[L.D.50] is a Supporting Member
Where can I find an 07 ego board, used, refurbished, new, or can I get mine repaired? Out of no where one day the pixels on the bottom half of the board disappeared.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:01 PM #1453
Baccummba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccummba View Post
Hey guys! Just got a hold of an ego 08 and its having some sporadic leaking near the solenoid. What I mean is, sometimes it leaks sometimes it doesn't. I have tadao board with the debounce at 10ms, cycle % filter at 10, dwell at 14ms, bolt delay 10ms, i believe the stock bolt, and a 68/45 pure energy tank

Basically it had a small leak near the noid, dropped it off at a shop, they called me to say the leak was gone, went picked it up, aired it with one of their tanks and low and behold no leak.

Went home about 30mins later aired up with my tank and boom slight leak still there. Shot a few times and leak went away but came back once my air almost gone. As far as I know the orings are fairly new, and battery has 3/4 life left. Any ideas folks?
Leaks gone!(for now)

But now it won't shoot over 230fps
The Tadao board is set to stock settings, LPR is flush and no matter what I do with the HPR it doesn't change, sometimes barely breaking 200fps

As far as I know the orings are fresh as well as the battery, anything I need to pay some particular attention too?
Old 02-27-2013, 10:51 PM #1454
xgreyfox

xgreyfox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xgreyfox supports Team VICIOUS
xgreyfox supports Team VICIOUS
xgreyfox has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xgreyfox has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey bill, I just traded accent pieces on my ego 11 and after putting my gun back together, when I air it up my hpr lets of a quick short puff from the hole in the middle of the hpr, I replaced the rubber bumper in my sl3 assembly, because before the break down I would have to turn my reg screw about 4 full turns just to get my marker shooting from~ 280 down to 275
Old 02-28-2013, 07:31 AM #1455
JeffersonLeal

JeffersonLeal plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post

Sounds like you will need to have the board replaced.
Hey Bill
Where I can buy this board? I searched on ebay / amazon and other sites, buy I don't found.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:33 PM #1456
paintballref (Banned)

paintballref owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballref owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
paintballref supports Team VICIOUS
Any help would be nice. I just recently acquired 2 ego 10's. They both arrived today. The first thing I wanted to do is shoot them, I gassed them up and nothing. The guns were freezing, after a little of while of tinkering one of them started clicking, like the gun was in training mode. However it was not, I even tried restoring them back to factory settings and still nothing. Neither one of them will cycle. It's quite irritating. Any help from any of the techs would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to pm or reply back here. Thank you
Old 03-01-2013, 08:35 AM #1457
StubbsPKS

StubbsPKS owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
StubbsPKS supports Team VICIOUS
I've just sold an Ego 11 to someone, and it worked when shipping it out. He is now saying that the marker won't switch on. He has tried two fresh batteries (Procell and an Energizer), and neither has made a difference.

When trying to switch on the marker, it says hold for about a second and then the screen goes blank again. Double clicking the on button also does not seem to work.

He phoned up Planet (UK) and was told to take the board out of the marker, lay it on a table and connect the battery and try again, but that that the same result.

The marker is no longer in warranty, and I'd really like to help him sort this out. I have not had this problem with the marker before. Any advice?
Old 03-02-2013, 07:55 AM #1458
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baccummba View Post
Leaks gone!(for now)

But now it won't shoot over 230fps
The Tadao board is set to stock settings, LPR is flush and no matter what I do with the HPR it doesn't change, sometimes barely breaking 200fps

As far as I know the orings are fresh as well as the battery, anything I need to pay some particular attention too?
Sounds like you need a new Planet Eclipse HPR2 piston.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:56 AM #1459
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgreyfox View Post
Hey bill, I just traded accent pieces on my ego 11 and after putting my gun back together, when I air it up my hpr lets of a quick short puff from the hole in the middle of the hpr, I replaced the rubber bumper in my sl3 assembly, because before the break down I would have to turn my reg screw about 4 full turns just to get my marker shooting from~ 280 down to 275
Sounds like you either need to lubricate or replace the #8 oring inside the top half of the HPR adjuster assembly.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:57 AM #1460
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballref View Post
Any help would be nice. I just recently acquired 2 ego 10's. They both arrived today. The first thing I wanted to do is shoot them, I gassed them up and nothing. The guns were freezing, after a little of while of tinkering one of them started clicking, like the gun was in training mode. However it was not, I even tried restoring them back to factory settings and still nothing. Neither one of them will cycle. It's quite irritating. Any help from any of the techs would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to pm or reply back here. Thank you
New battery regardless what the battery meter on the board says.
Try cleaning and LIGHTLY lubing the spool inside the solenoid. There could be debris in there.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:59 AM #1461
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubbsPKS View Post
I've just sold an Ego 11 to someone, and it worked when shipping it out. He is now saying that the marker won't switch on. He has tried two fresh batteries (Procell and an Energizer), and neither has made a difference.

When trying to switch on the marker, it says hold for about a second and then the screen goes blank again. Double clicking the on button also does not seem to work.

He phoned up Planet (UK) and was told to take the board out of the marker, lay it on a table and connect the battery and try again, but that that the same result.

The marker is no longer in warranty, and I'd really like to help him sort this out. I have not had this problem with the marker before. Any advice?
Does he know if the marker shots even with the LCD not displaying? Could just be the display. Tell him to gas up and turn on. You would need to shut the eyes off or use a ball to tell.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:41 PM #1462
Vrodryda

Vrodryda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hey bill
I have a 06 and the front qev leaks out the hole on the side of it. The hoses are stuck on from the previous owner and I'm afraid I can't disconnect the hoses without cutting them. Do I need to buy more hose and take the qev off and try cleaning it?
Old 03-02-2013, 02:01 PM #1463
Luigi Speed 05
PBN made me a gun whore..

Luigi Speed 05 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Luigi Speed 05 plays in the APPA D4 division
Luigi Speed 05 is a top reviewer
Hi Bill, I have a shaft 2 barrel that
got its front and back stuck together
and I can't unscrew them apart. any
suggestions? thanks

Miami Devious sponsored by: VALKEN, VIRTUE, RUTHLESS PB
Old 03-03-2013, 06:42 AM #1464
never.say.die
TRUFFLE SHUFFLE

Which LPR caps fit the sl8r? The 08 and earlier or the 09 and later?
Old 03-03-2013, 09:04 AM #1465
StubbsPKS

StubbsPKS owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Does he know if the marker shots even with the LCD not displaying? Could just be the display. Tell him to gas up and turn on. You would need to shut the eyes off or use a ball to tell.
Gave it a shot, and the gun's not booting up. It doesn't play the boot up noise and he tried shooting it with the eyes off, and no luck.

He's also tried bending the battery terminals down a bit like the manual says as well as pulling the board out and trying to turn it on with all the wites disconnected and the battery held up to the board to make sure nothing was shorting.

Guessing this is a ship it back and have the board checked?
Old 03-06-2013, 06:44 PM #1466
DesertWarrior

DesertWarrior owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
So got an issue I just received an SL-94, this is my second one but the first got stolen while I was on deployment so this is a new replacement....I was hearing leaking down the barrel so I began taking the gun apart to verify if it was the exhaust valve or the valve guide or oring were bad as the manual suggest and as I remembered from my last one....

I pull the rammer and realize that there is not a Zick 2 in the gun at all however it is using the zick 2/sl-94 endcap...I was tracking when I broke my zick2 previous that it was necessary to run the zick 2 with the zick 2 rammer cap and that if you had switched or put a zick one in replacement you had to change back to the old rammer cap. I was also tracking that the sl-94 should only be used with the zick 2 as it had the chance of damaging the gun run other wise...Bill can you clear this up for me please...?
Old 03-06-2013, 07:03 PM #1467
ninjamario

Hey Bill I have an 08 Ego and the first 2 shots dry and fire at full pressure every shot after that continuously drops pressure dry firing until the pressure drops so low that the bolt will not return back.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:46 PM #1468
hoot1

hoot1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I have a 08 Ego. The gun is working and shooting. The problem is that the solenoid has a small leak out of one of the vent holes that will not stop. Is there something I can try before I change the solenoid?
Old 03-09-2013, 07:09 PM #1469
Jluu1

Jluu1 is playing at Living Legends VI
Jluu1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Jluu1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jluu1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Recently purchased my ego 11 brand new and it is under warranty. When I air up my marker, there is a leak from the solenoid area, under the grips, on the left side of the marker. Ive taken the grips off and when i cover the solenoid area, the sound of the leak changes. I have taken apart the LPR, HPR, rammer, and bolt for cleaning and lube. Ive taken the marker apart to clean the paint splatter on solenoid as well but the leak is still persistent. ive also cleaned up the manifold as well. i believe the leak can be comming from the low pressure hose
Old 03-10-2013, 09:30 PM #1470
1515woody1515
If you go, GO BIG!

1515woody1515 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
1515woody1515 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
1515woody1515 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ego 08 air leak issue

i have an ego 08. i had a air leak it sounded like under bolt. i took apart qev block replaced diaphragms and orings air upped and still leaked. weird thing when i barely press down on bolt pin it goes away. i also put zick 2 rammer kit in. but problem is there with stock and zick 2 rammer kit.
what could it be? please help and thank you pm with replies or post here...